Omegablink Nurse needs to go ASAP

Seriously, nerf this overpowered busted killer. Her basit attacks should be special attacks when using blink. All of her good addons should be nerfed to the ground so she is at least somewhat balanced. Her addons should be like Arist addons = not really anything will make your power go crazy, just a bit help here and there. Even Blight with his best addons isn't as OP as this killer.

Comments

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    Everyone agrees on this. Nurse has a perfectly fine basekit, and is the most balanced killer in said basekit, but range on top of that is bullshit. Those are her only good add-ons as well, so I'm fine with nerfing them the the ground. They shouldn't exist, and they DEFINITELY shouldn't have been buffed.

    Special attack is more or less whatever, because the best Nurse build doesn't have any M1 perks in it. All it does it cut down build variety, which isn't too big of an issue.

    What everybody agrees in is that the speed boost of the range add-on should go.

    Add long as we have stupid maps like Mother Dwelling, Eerie of Crows, ... the range add-on is necessary.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116415#Comment_3116415

    Yeah, no. Range is not necessary and it has never been. Some maps need their size reduced, but Nurse can still win there.

    The speed is only a problem because it's put on top of something that shouldn't exist.

    If survivors play like idiots of course. But otherwise no. Getting low mobility on a big map is just bad.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116369#Comment_3116369

    What everybody agrees in is that the speed boost of the range add-on should go.

    Add long as we have stupid maps like Mother Dwelling, Eerie of Crows, ... the range add-on is necessary.

    The range add ons aren't necessary at all. Yes those maps are stupid, but that does not justify having a broken killer in the game with broken add ons.

    This is like the stupid circle debate people would be having about old keys and moris.

    "Well we can't change moris because keys are a problem. And we can't change keys because moris are a problem! Therefore, we'll be keeping everything as is!"

    Just. Do. It.

    Make the first step and the rest will follow soon enough. Change one thing, and then the other, and no it really doesn't matter which one they change first if you're truly on board with the idea that Nurse is overpowered. Either change is a step forward at this point.

  • Meanwhile Billy has a purple addon that makes his charge time faster but also makes his base speed 4.4 m/s. That just shows how much dev team are terrible at balancing this game.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116415#Comment_3116415

    The range add ons aren't necessary at all. Yes those maps are stupid, but that does not justify having a broken killer in the game with broken add ons.

    This like the stupid circle debate people would be having about old keys and moris.

    "Well we can't change moris because keys are a problem. And we can't change keys because moris are a problem! Therefore, we'll be keeping everything as is!"

    Just. Do. It.

    Make the first step and the rest will follow soon enough. Change one thing, and then the other, and no it really doesn't matter which one they change first if you're truly on board with the idea that Nurse is overpowered. Either change is a step forward at this point.

    Wrong. But once they fix the maps, we can talk about it again.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116441#Comment_3116441

    I'm not incorrect. I have 5,000 hours on Nurse and almost all of them are running basekit. I do fine, even on those maps.

    At the end of the day, Nurse ends chases fast enough that you can win on ANY map consistently with a little game sense.

    Against idiots, yes.

    And by the way, the authority argument is a fallacy.

  • They can't fix Nurse so they just settle with nuking SoloQ with OP killer and OP addons.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116458#Comment_3116458

    Against idiots, yes.

    And by the way, the authority argument is a fallacy.

    So, um... Are you yourself going to provide any actual arguments that are completely backed up by observable evidence and relevant to the topic, or are you like...

    Gonna ignore comments of people disagreeing with you like mine and hide behind fallacies made by other people so you don't have to give any actual arguments?

    So far, the only thing you've said is: "only idiot survivors lose on big maps", which isn't exactly a sound argument either, but hey you do you.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Seriously, nerf this overpowered busted killer. Her basit attacks should be special attacks when using blink. All of her good addons should be nerfed to the ground so she is at least somewhat balanced. Her addons should be like Arist addons = not really anything will make your power go crazy, just a bit help here and there. Even Blight with his best addons isn't as OP as this killer.

    The nurse is not OP.

    Show us how you play against her*.

    You can't compare the nurse and the blight, they don't have the same travel paterne.

    *Because it strongly feels like you just ran into a nurse that you lost to.


    @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    As a Nurse main, I agree that her range add-ons absolutely need to go.

    At the very least, they shouldn't make your blink so insanely fast but I think they probably need an entire rework.

    The map pressure and chase potential range add-ons give you is insane.

    As a Nurse main, I agree that her range add-ons absolutely need to go.

    Good idea, that way, some survivors who already prefer to come and cry on the forums rather than learn a little how to play the nurse / how to play against her, will be too happy to be able to stupidly maintain "W" during the whole game ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    And if not, I would like to see the games where you play nurse without any addons, against organized, efficient teams, and who don't lose a second on the generators' progression. Let's see it.

  • Wish conceded. Nurse canยดt blink 5 times anymore.

    Youยดre welcome.


  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116463#Comment_3116463

    Right, against idiots. Because my MMR with Nurse definitely isn't so high that I'm facing the same team of P40s every single time I play her past 6-7 PM.

    I've literally hit the soft cap for MMR, so you can't really say "against idiots". When facing equally skilled players, even on those maps, 2k is the average for me.

    Prestige means exactly zilch, I certainly hope you know that or I'm wasting my time with you.

    I also play Nurse quite a lot, have been for years. For a month or two now I've spiced things up by only using Franklin in my builds (after a period without anything at all). I still get 4k most of the time (Well, 3k and I give hatch), sometimes I get only 3k and very rarely less, but only because the opponents aren't too smart. MMR woes, everybody knows them.

    However when I'm against survivors who actually know how to spread and how to play, the outcome of these maps without mobility is a coin toss.


    But since you are versing always that same super-strong team, I'm sure you'll be able to record a few game without addons on these broken maps and display how you go against that tactic. We'll see how that team goes against different setups, it will be very instructive.


    I'll wait for the videos. I'm so eager to see them. Until then I don't think there is anything to add.

  • with all the aura perks I suspect it to not be like we expect it to be.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116463#Comment_3116463

    So, um... Are you yourself going to provide any actual arguments that are completely backed up by observable evidence and relevant to the topic, or are you like...

    Gonna ignore comments of people disagreeing with you like mine and hide behind fallacies made by other people so you don't have to give any actual arguments?

    So far, the only thing you've said is: "only idiot survivors lose on big maps", which isn't exactly a sound argument either, but hey you do you.

    We already have, many times, and it has always been ignored. I'm not on the computer with the text-wall file that explain all of this so I'll let others do it or, if I remember, I'll do it when I go on that machine.

    It should be pretty obvious though, for anyone understanding how to play survivor on a (big) map and the base speed of a Nurse. Just do the math.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116463#Comment_3116463

    Right, against idiots. Because my MMR with Nurse definitely isn't so high that I'm facing the same team of P40s every single time I play her past 6-7 PM.

    I've literally hit the soft cap for MMR, so you can't really say "against idiots". When facing equally skilled players, even on those maps, 2k is the average for me.

    The soft cap is 1700, down from 1900. The fact is anyone can easily make it to top MMR, not just god killers/survivors.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116510#Comment_3116510

    Sorry, I cherry pick my videos for 4ks just like everyone else does. My average against that team is 2k. So they'll never be in a video unless I decide to put on range. If I DID put on range, the close, fair games that I get would be more sided towards me, which isn't fun.

    Those "broken" maps also happen to be VERY good for Nurse's chase. In other words, once I see a survivor, they're dead. It doesn't matter how big the map is, as long as I know what gen they're doing. Even a god survivor can't loop a god Nurse in the open, even if it's commonly accepted that survivors are stronger than even Nurse at the highest level.

    If survivors are spread out, I just have to make them come closer by letting them get gens that would be a problem later. I don't even have to take more than 5 chases until one gen is left. Your issue here is the fact that you want to play Nurse as aggressively as possible, and that's not always possible without range. Adapting a defensive playstyle becomes necessary sometimes, and if you aren't willing to do that you don't deserve to win.

    Nobody talked about 4ks or 2ks.

    Of course having an advantage isn't fun, it's why I'm using the "build" that I'm using.

    These maps aren't really open (okay, Crows has an one open patch). Good survivors don't get caught out of position. These maps are better than, say, Lery but beyond that ... Calling them "very good" is kind of ridiculous don't you think?

    Yeah, thank you captain obvious. Gee, if only I could have guessed there were many tactics available to me. I guess we are lucky the survivors don't have any way to counter the most obvious tactics, aren't we? (Well, the idiots don't ... How about that? Full circle.)

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116592#Comment_3116592

    The fact that you're winning games without running perks and you can't see how dumb range is...that's sad.

    Mother's Dwelling isn't exactly OPEN, but it's really easy to zone survivors where you want to go. If I get MD, I'm not complaining. Eyrie of Crows has an open patch that's incredibly easy to get people to, and is overall really bright(I have issues seeing dark outfits on any other map), so I don't mind it. The only large map that is bad for Nurse is RPD, and you aren't going to win on that map against good players, even with Range.

    What ways do survivors have to counter you going for the three gen from the start? They literally can't do it, not against Nurse. From there all you really have to do is play around it. The game will be 20+ minutes and it won't be fun, but you won't be heavily disadvantaged. And, to be honest, considering how many maps put Nurse at an advantage, being at a disadvantage once in a while is fine.

    You aren't very good at big pictures things are you? Or maybe it's reading comprehension (so many people insert their own details, like this 2k that popped out of nowhere). Doesn't matter, wasting my time : show matches on these maps, and let's see these good survivors. Until then I'm done.

  • I second it. Nerf this overpowered b*#%h.

  • I think M1 Nurse needs to go asap more than omega blink.

  • At high MMR the nurse can decide to just play sweaty and win the game.

    At high MMR SWF can decide to just play sweaty and win the game.

    Both are broken. People who disagree are biased. It's as simple as that.

    Whether either will be deservedly nerfed remains to be seen. Probably not. BHVR doesn't want to anger the high number of players who play together with friends, and they also don't seem to want to anger the subset of players who aren't interested in a fair match, and want to play a killer ez-mode simulator (nurse).

    Sad, really.

  • @Nameless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116415#Comment_3116415

    The range add ons aren't necessary at all. Yes those maps are stupid, but that does not justify having a broken killer in the game with broken add ons.

    This is like the stupid circle debate people would be having about old keys and moris.

    "Well we can't change moris because keys are a problem. And we can't change keys because moris are a problem! Therefore, we'll be keeping everything as is!"

    Just. Do. It.

    Make the first step and the rest will follow soon enough. Change one thing, and then the other, and no it really doesn't matter which one they change first if you're truly on board with the idea that Nurse is overpowered. Either change is a step forward at this point.

    Okay then, rework the maps and then rework Nurse.

  • I 100% agree. The question is, does bhvr agree too?

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116458#Comment_3116458

    Against idiots, yes.

    And by the way, the authority argument is a fallacy.

    You know what else is a fallacy? Justifying the existence of stupidly strong things "because there's also this in the game!!"

    Unless you willingly take offerings to mother's dwelling, you don't know whether you'll end up in it, and it's actually quite unlikely unless it's in the daily rotation.

    And by the way, we can also use the argument to justify removing range: as long as maps as coal tower and midwich exist and the game and wreckers yard and chapel and *insert here smaller maps*, range add-ons need to go

    Bottom line is: dumb argument

    Oh, also the "against dumb survivors" argument doesn't work either. Because we can say those add-ons, paired with very strong builds, can be countered only by very strong teams, even when the killer is played by a very mediocre player. Sounds quite unbalanced that a mediocre player running such a build can be countered only by good survivors

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116500#Comment_3116500

    Lol tell me you're a bad Nurse without telling me you're a bad Nurse.

    I actually DO play Nurse without add-ons, except for sometimes Anxious Gasp, because I started playing her in (IIRC) August 2016, back when her add-ons were a disadvantage because they messed up muscle memory.

    Her new add-ons never really appealed to me because most of them are meme-y and some of them are just kinda busted (range).

    If you're struggling against survivors as the STRONGEST killer in the game, it's a skill issue idrc.

    Playing in "Chess" mode instead of "Aggressive" mode is indeed a reason to do without certain addons.

    I completely agree that a nurse can choose to secure a portion of the map, which will contain her final 3/4-gens, and strategically sacrifice the most distant/off-center generators, in order to force the survivors to concentrate during the endgame on a small portion of the map.

    And, indeed, I agree that the smaller the area to be defended, the less map control the nurse will need ๐Ÿ˜‰

    However, not everyone plays in "Chess" mode. Some nurses also like to play in "exploration/aggressive" mode, rather than in "defensive" mode. And for this style of play, being able to move fast and/or far is very important ๐Ÿค”

    So it would not be fair to force the nurse to play Chess if she is more of an Explorer ๐Ÿ™„


    You know, as a nurse, I use different addon combos: sometimes double range, sometimes double reload, sometimes reload + range, sometimes fatigue + reload/range, sometimes "Nurse who walks" type build (build rather to troll and surprise the survivors, and change a bit from the routine) ... ๐Ÿค—

    And sometimes without addons, yes.

    On the other hand, I totally agree on the fact that using a particular perk or addon can distort the mastery of the "pure" character ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

    I remember for example that when, after using Shadowborn for a while, I removed it from my Nurse build, I had the impression for a few games that I was moving at a snail's pace ๐Ÿคฃ


    I'm probably not as experienced as you are in playing without addons, I'm just saying that a nurse using addons doesn't mean she'll turn into a monster that nothing or nobody can stop (and again, discussing the removal of the tp acceleration below 20m due to range addons, yes, I totally understand!) ๐Ÿ˜„


    And I'm not talking about me, of course, that's why again, when I see survivors coming to complain, I ask them to show me their way of playing against the nurse...

    Because of course, if a nurse is playing against survivors who have the level of a potato... of course they will look like they are playing against a God.


    I just think that the players are really exaggerating when they come crying about the nurse... ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

    They come and tell us that the nurse is way too strong. Which I am completely willing to believe.

    But of course, since proof is better than words, I ask them to show me how they play against her.

    And it's always the same: nobody takes the time to show the games they play against her...

    So ... I'm still pretty skeptical, you know ... ๐Ÿ™„

    (because if for them, the nurse is too strong because she killed them, while in fact, the game ended with 2 kills ... it is not what I call a "monster of unstoppable power" ...)