Camping/Tunneling is fun

Can someone actually give a valid reason why we killers should not camp or tunnel when that's the best way to win? A reason that does not involve "cause it's not fun for the other side" nonsense like that? Why should we care about survivors fun when they always try to make us have bad experiences?

Edit: most people who commented still didn't give me a proper reason why it's bad for killers and only bad for survivors ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

They are saying what I told them not to say which is its not fun for survivors...

Edit again: welp, some people have very good points, some didn't know what they are even talking about and just tried to be Albert Einstein of DBD. But I pretty much got the answer. Thanks to all the people who gave actually made good points and sense. And those who didn't and just raged and got salty, remember that it's just a game. Not life or death you survivor mains

Comments

  • @RakimSockem said:

    You're unskilled and boring. We get it.

    Nothing anyone is going to say will actually convince you because in your head (and out loud), you've already stated that when you sit down and open up DBD, your only mindset and goal is "I need 4 kills". I'm assuming you're also the type to slug the 3rd survivor and search for the last one for 4 minutes because allowing even the chance of hatch is a loss for you.

    No one can convince you that you should care about other people just like in life outside the game. You either have a mindset that empathy is a good thing or you don't and that says some things about your character. Have a good day and make sure you have a towel nearby for that sweat

    Ahh, so you don't know why it's bad too hmm? Of course you don't. Instead of giving a fair argument you just assume. Little salty survivor main got face camped and decided to rage in the forums when someone mentions how camping is good

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3115236#Comment_3115236

    I mean, Dead Hard does actually take a reasonable amount of skill now, so I'm not sure what your argument is.

    Likewise, the ole "X is broken so Y is okay" is a poor argument.

    I never said it was OK, I asked for a reason why it's bad and why we shouldn't do it when it's the best way to win

  • @EvilBarney666 said:

    My 2 cents for all it's worth. Who cares? Camping, tunneling, tbagging, clicky click are all just part of the game. I do the best I can either side. Sure. I find some things unfair and unfun, but over all I'm having a good time.

    I don't care about winning or losing. Both of those are part of any game. I play they way I want to play. I don't follow anyone's rule book. As long as your not cheating than it should not matter.

    BHVR will add things and take things and change things. I don't always agree with it or like it, but I still play the game and do the best I can win or lose.

    Go into each match and try not to care too much. You will have a better time. Don't let it get to you and remember, win and lose with dignity.

    That's probably one of the best comments I've heard today. Will do my friend.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    Tunnel and camp if you want, but don't be surprised when you end the game with only one kill because you failed to spread pressure.

    Don't get me wrong, it does happen. But at most I would get 2 kills at least

  • @SoloQKev said:

    Can I just add as well, sometimes yeah people like SWFs may come into the game with intentions of gen rushing? But like me when I solo q I have randoms dive bombing the hooks and sometimes the only thing I can do is gens. I would love a side objective maybe something at the beginning of the game. I know they said they tried this and they said it didn't work, but how do they know, I never once saw a PTB for it. Now I get sometimes when aka streamers see 2 to 3 gens pop and straight up say SWF, maybe they are, But not always, as most of the time when a match starts survivors are split up lol. Like if it's solo as well, we don't know what our teammates are doing. So when the killer comes across 1 out of the 4 survivors 3 of us could be on the gens. It's not like I purposely go into a game and have sole intentions of rushing the gens and getting out. That is why I don't get that killer offering can't remember what it is called but separates the survivors at the beginning of a trial. Sorry, but wouldn't this be bad to use, sure you don't want everyone diving on a gen but you also don't want 3 on a gen separately at the beginning do you? Maybe the devs should look into the spawn locations I don't know just an idea. I want both sides to have fun like I never clicky clicky or tea bag but I've been accused of being toxic before just for looping so I can't win. I love the community and don't if that makes sense. I have come across some wholesome killers and my fair share of right out nasty ones too. But I am also sure you killers get that going against survivors, some nice and some straight-up rude players. Anyway just wanted to add this.

    I respect that. Great comment

  • @SaltyNooty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/339245/camping-tunneling-is-fun

    All I've got to say to you is "Yikes. If you really think there's no OTHER incentives not to camp with this recent patch....? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

    Embarrassing

    No, what's embarrassing is you giving no actual reason why it's bad and just saying " yIKes" or "eMbaRRasiNg" clearly you haven't played killer in high mmr where when you use b or c class killers you get destroyed by going for hooks

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3115366#Comment_3115366

    I never said it was OK, I asked for a reason why it's bad and why we shouldn't do it when it's the best way to win

    Why shouldn't you do it if you want to win? You should.

    You just won't be winning in a particularly skillful manner nor will you be showcasing much empathy. It ######### sucks to get tunneled out at 5 gens left.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116258#Comment_3116258

    Why shouldn't you do it if you want to win? You should.

    You just won't be winning in a particularly skillful manner nor will you be showcasing much empathy. It ######### sucks to get tunneled out at 5 gens left.

    Ohh I see. That makes sense

  • @NightmareKT said:

    Can someone actually give a valid reason why we killers should not camp or tunnel when that's the best way to win? A reason that does not involve "cause it's not fun for the other side" nonsense like that? Why should we care about survivors fun when they always try to make us have bad experiences?

    If we are to believe mmr is real, imo tunneling and camping without having skill to do anything else will over inflate the killers mmr putting them with much harder players. To each they're own but I know they'll get ######### on soon enough.

  • @SantaKlawz1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/339245/camping-tunneling-is-fun

    If we are to believe mmr is real, imo tunneling and camping without having skill to do anything else will over inflate the killers mmr putting them with much harder players. To each they're own but I know they'll get ######### on soon enough.

    Well when the game is so unbalanced, it's hard to tell what mmr is when people have to tunnel or camp or when gens fly too fast or map is unbalanced and all. I do agree with Ur point tho

  • The only time I tunnel and camp is when there 2-1 gen left.

    but it also depend on how fast gens are popping, other wise, I play fair as long as gens aren't popping left and right.

  • Imma just say this. Don't complain when gen rush gets even worse.

  • @ad19970 said:

    You shouldn't care, the devs should care and finally nerf such an unfun and skillless strategy.

    I don't know any other online vs game that has such unhealthy, unfun and skillless strategies to be so effective like tunneling and camping are.

    Oh, i know games with similarly unfun mechanics. But that should go in the off-topic area lol.

  • @AverageKateMain said:

    Imma just say this. Don't complain when gen rush gets even worse.

    How does it get even worse when survs bring brand new parts, prove theselves and boons?

  • @NightmareKT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119761#Comment_3119761

    How does it get even worse when survs bring brand new parts, prove theselves and boons?

    The fact that y'all still bring up boons is crazy

  • The fact that you think y'all still think boons like CoH is balanced is crazy

1 2 3 โ€บ