There's a lot of whining about PR/DMS

That's fun, but let me tell you something:

It's not that good anymore.


Get off the Generator, let PR regress the Generator, and get back on it.

The Killer doesn't get the notification from PR, so they can't force DMS and block the Generator, unless they're also using Surveillance, which means they're using 3 Perk slots to make a mediocre combo work.


It has never been hard to counter, and it's now even easier

Comments

  • Just wait it out.

  • @Beatricks said:

    Just wait it out.

    Basically.

    Wait out the hooking animation and get back on the Generator

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    That's fun, but let me tell you something:

    It's not that good anymore.

    Get off the Generator, let PR regress the Generator, and get back on it.

    The Killer doesn't get the notification from PR, so they can't force DMS and block the Generator, unless they're also using Surveillance, which means they're using 3 Perk slots to make a mediocre combo work.

    It has never been hard to counter, and it's now even easier

    You know pr is activated when someone is hooked, don’t you? I love If I could unhook without going to the hook, same as killers regress gens without going to them

  • @dictep said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/338522/theres-a-lot-of-whining-about-pr-dms

    You know pr is activated when someone is hooked, don’t you? I love If I could unhook without going to the hook, same as killers regress gens without going to them

    I know how the Perks work, unlike you, apparent-what am I saying, you're dictep, no wonder you don't know how the Perk works

  • My issue isnt me.

    My issue is that it promotes camping. I have always gotten off generator before someone was hooked, so the change doesnt directly effect me, it becomes more concerning with my teammates in SoloQ, they dont get off of generators to prevent a possible SH:PR, so at least 1 generator is going to get blocked.

    Also it promotes camping. Nothing is really stopping someone from using Bubba, using SH:PR and DMS, hooking and sitting right in front of the hook. The generator disruption from SH:PR + 90 second generators just makes camping even more of a viable playstyle (which I dislike since camping discourages interactions between the killer and survivor).

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    My issue isnt me.

    My issue is that it promotes camping. I have always gotten off generator before someone was hooked, so the change doesnt directly effect me, it becomes more concerning with my teammates in SoloQ, they dont get off of generators to prevent a possible SH:PR, so at least 1 generator is going to get blocked.

    Also it promotes camping. Nothing is really stopping someone from using Bubba, using SH:PR and DMS, hooking and sitting right in front of the hook. The generator disruption from SH:PR + 90 second generators just makes camping even more of a viable playstyle (which I dislike since camping discourages interactions between the killer and survivor).

    Your problem is bad Survivors, not the buff.

    PR/DMS still isn't good on Bubba during real games. Sure, it sounds bad in a vacuum, but how 1-2 Generators still get popped during the first chase if the team is good, and then Generator Nr. 3-5 get started if the Survivors split up, Bubba won't get anything done

  • I was never scared of this combo because it takes 2 seconds to let go of a gen before a hook

    I even kept doing it on this patch out of muscle memory so nothing has changed for me


    I worry for my teammates though since PR/DMS hurts players with less experience a lot

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I was never scared of this combo because it takes 2 seconds to let go of a gen before a hook

    I even kept doing it on this patch out of muscle memory so nothing has changed for me

    I worry for my teammates though since PR/DMS hurts players with less experience a lot

    Finally, someone that understands how easily counterable old PR/DMS was

  • You see that would be fine but I mostly play solo q and survivors arent very smart

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107026#Comment_3107026

    Finally, someone that understands how easily counterable old PR/DMS was

    I was saying similar stuff when PR/DMS was being complained about months ago

    It was never that bad for people who recognised it was in play

    But less experienced people probably don't know what pain res/DMS is/does so often I'd have teammates who'd get hit with it multiple times and it was frustrating, so I get why people dislike it

    Far from uncounterable though.


    The only problem I had with it was ranged killers like Artist using it for camping but with it being 30s that's not as good of an idea as before.

  • It makes me sad seeing all the survivor posts today, where they had no idea they could just let go of the gen before it exploded.

  • Killer perk combos with extremely obvious and super easy counter-play?

    NOT FAIR MUST GET NERFED

  • How hard is it to look for the aura of a survivor being hooked, like is it really complex?

  • Overchange + Call of Brine (Kick gens combo)

    PR + DMS (Block gens combo)

    Pentimento + Plaything (Hex Combo)

    Pick one survivor, pick one or you want killer with no perk.

    Either you face block gens perk, kicking gens regress combo, or totem cleansing combo

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3106995#Comment_3106995

    Your problem is bad Survivors, not the buff.

    PR/DMS still isn't good on Bubba during real games. Sure, it sounds bad in a vacuum, but how 1-2 Generators still get popped during the first chase if the team is good, and then Generator Nr. 3-5 get started if the Survivors split up, Bubba won't get anything done

    You are overestimating SoloQ teammates are.

    If SoloQ received major quality of life, I would 100% agree, but the state of SoloQ is horrendous, you have to take it into account.

    Also again, I stated that I have no issue with SH:PR, it's easy to counter, I just have zero faith in my teammates, and I think it could open up the game to horrible playstyles, which is a valid concern.

  • @squbax said:

    How hard is it to look for the aura of a survivor being hooked, like is it really complex?

    It's not.


    But the number of times my idiot solo q teammates decide (or are forced) to hook trade at that scourge hook is annoyingly large. Because now DMS is still active and the counter of letting go to avoid the second PMS proc blocks the gen. There's no avoiding the DMS block for the second hook in that situation, and I was glad it was gone.

    I still have the muscle memory of letting go of gens when someone is getting hooked, so I guess I don't have to think about it when they patch that crap back in.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107012#Comment_3107012

    You are overestimating SoloQ teammates are.

    If SoloQ received major quality of life, I would 100% agree, but the state of SoloQ is horrendous, you have to take it into account.

    Also again, I stated that I have no issue with SH:PR, it's easy to counter, I just have zero faith in my teammates, and I think it could open up the game to horrible playstyles, which is a valid concern.

    They work on SoloQ to make their live easier.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107012#Comment_3107012

    You are overestimating SoloQ teammates are.

    If SoloQ received major quality of life, I would 100% agree, but the state of SoloQ is horrendous, you have to take it into account.

    Also again, I stated that I have no issue with SH:PR, it's easy to counter, I just have zero faith in my teammates, and I think it could open up the game to horrible playstyles, which is a valid concern.

    SoloQ is horrendous because the players themselves are bad at the game, SoloQ wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if Survivors just got good at the game.

    If by QOL buffs, you mean base-kit information, then you wouldn't fix anything. The info won't help the Survivors if they don't want to use it, which was proven by old PR/DMS.

    Survivors could see the Survivor is about to get hooked, and PR only activates after the hooking animation is done, so they had enough time to dodge, but they didn't, because they didn't want to, or simply didn't knew what the Perk did, which was a skill issue

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107104#Comment_3107104

    SoloQ is horrendous because the players themselves are bad at the game, SoloQ wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if Survivors just got good at the game.

    If by QOL buffs, you mean base-kit information, then you wouldn't fix anything. The info won't help the Survivors if they don't want to use it, which was proven by old PR/DMS.

    Survivors could see the Survivor is about to get hooked, and PR only activates after the hooking animation is done, so they had enough time to dodge, but they didn't, because they didn't want to, or simply didn't knew what the Perk did, which was a skill issue

    Oh why didn't we think of that? Guys don't worry. Solo queue is fine now. We just need to tell the others to get good. That'll solve everything.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107113#Comment_3107113

    Oh why didn't we think of that? Guys don't worry. Solo queue is fine now. We just need to tell the others to get good. That'll solve everything.

    That is SoloQ's biggest issue currently, so yes

  • The reason most people are complaining is the logic behind the changes. The problematic perk was Merciless Storm, and instead of addressing its problem they un-nerfed an already good perk and nerfed a mediocre one that is good only paired with the other one, so people will feel forced to never use it outside the usual combo.

  • This has about the same level of use as telling a homeless person to just get a house.

  • I have zero idea what that combo is or what does it do.

  • For me, it's because I'd be working on a gen with someone, and I obviously know the counter to the perk (let go before they hook, then get back on after PR hits), but my teammates would just stay on it because obviously they have no idea how to counter it, thus affecting ME and blocks the gen even though I knew the counter, and acted accordingly.

  • It's not about being easy to counter. The counter is bad design. The survivor has to get off the gen for a mysterious amount of time, let the gen regress, and then get back on the gen all because the killer might have DMS. What's the point of tuning a perk to a specific percentage value if the counterplay around the perk and its synergy means adding value to the base percentage? That's asinine.

    "Just stop working on the gen for a random amount of time between 2 seconds and 16 seconds". Just don't work on the gen for 9%. Ez counter. I'll Jolt my own gen so DMS doesn't proc

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's not about being easy to counter. The counter is bad design. The survivor has to get off the gen for a mysterious amount of time, let the gen regress, and then get back on the gen all because the killer might have DMS. What's the point of tuning a perk to a specific percentage value if the counterplay around the perk and its synergy means adding value to the base percentage? That's asinine.

    "Just stop working on the gen for a random amount of time between 2 seconds and 16 seconds". Just don't work on the gen for 9%. Ez counter. I'll Jolt my own gen so DMS doesn't proc

    What do you mean "for a mysterious amount of time"? PR only activates after the hooking animation finishes.

    Survivors can, and should, get off only once the animation starts, not once the Survivor has been picked up

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's not about being easy to counter. The counter is bad design. The survivor has to get off the gen for a mysterious amount of time, let the gen regress, and then get back on the gen all because the killer might have DMS. What's the point of tuning a perk to a specific percentage value if the counterplay around the perk and its synergy means adding value to the base percentage? That's asinine.

    "Just stop working on the gen for a random amount of time between 2 seconds and 16 seconds". Just don't work on the gen for 9%. Ez counter. I'll Jolt my own gen so DMS doesn't proc

    You may be missing a vital piece of information. If someone is downed, look at their aura. Once the killer picks them up, just look in that direction. You will see the survivor aura light up a couple of seconds before they get hooked. You just hop off the gen. Once they are hooked, you hop back on. It is extremely easy to counter. You'd only fail if you're not paying attention, but that's on you.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107338#Comment_3107338

    What do you mean "for a mysterious amount of time"? PR only activates after the hooking animation finishes.

    Survivors can, and should, get off only once the animation starts, not once the Survivor has been picked up

    @RpTheHotrod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107338#Comment_3107338

    You may be missing a vital piece of information. If someone is downed, look at their aura. Once the killer picks them up, just look in that direction. You will see the survivor aura light up a couple of seconds before they get hooked. You just hop off the gen. Once they are hooked, you hop back on. It is extremely easy to counter. You'd only fail if you're not paying attention, but that's on you.

    I know. You guys ever play against a console killer on PC at 50+ ping? Or a VPN killer? DMS will lock in before the survivor is actually on the hook.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107363#Comment_3107363

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107366#Comment_3107366

    I know. You guys ever play against a console killer on PC at 50+ ping? Or a VPN killer? DMS will lock in before the survivor is actually on the hook.

    50+ ping isn't that much, 60+ and I wouldn't have even readied up.

    As for the VPN, isn't that bannable?

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3107026#Comment_3107026

    Finally, someone that understands how easily counterable old PR/DMS was

    Yeah, this isn't rocket science. Once you see a downed surv get picked up, let go until after they're hooked.

    If you are on a gen with others and spacing out/dissociating, and one or more of them lets go and just stands there, assume it is for a reason and let go as well.

  • Just wait till people finds out that killers can combine PR, DMS and Pop goes the Weasel now. 😉

    Imagine: Gen at 99%, PR kills 15% total = 84% Gen-Progression

    Now Dead-Man blocks it for 30secs and then u still have a 15sec-Window to use a 20%-regression of the current progress (which makes 20% out from the 84% we have atm, because Pop has a 45sec-window to use it.)

    Lets add Call of Brine too. Interesting. 😅