MMR is an Absolute Joke

I'm P5 on Spirit. ######### is this BS?

2022-07-31 (5).png


Comments

  • TiMe iN GaMe DoEsNt CoRrElAtE WiTh SkIlL

  • @Veinslay said:

    TiMe iN GaMe DoEsNt CoRrElAtE WiTh SkIlL

    If you're truly being sarcastic then ignore the rest of what I'm about to say.

    Sure, it doesn't correlate in that it's not a 1:1 thing for every person but generally speaking it's safe to conclude that a more experienced person is going to be better than a less experienced person.

    it's shocking how little I'm paired against survs less than P9. Almost never happens.

  • Ah sh** here we go again.


    Prestige number means nothing but time. It's not a rank or MMR.

  • I was being sarcastic. People legitimately try to argue that time spent playing the game should have no factor in matchmaking

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    Ah sh** here we go again.

    Prestige number means nothing but time. It's not a rank or MMR.

    Yeah okay pal, please tell me more about how time and experience doesn't translate whatsoever into skill.

    Tradesmen 40 years in their line of work are laughing in your face right now.

  • Do people want MMR to work properly though? I thought most people preferred MMR to be turned off because they viewed the game as more of a party game than a competitive one. Now I want to see a forum poll discussion of whether they prefer a fully working MMR or none at all.

  • Have fun playing with the hackers.

  • You drew the short straw, that's all.

  • @kjolnir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105429#Comment_3105429

    Yeah okay pal, please tell me more about how time and experience doesn't translate whatsoever into skill.

    Tradesmen 40 years in their line of work are laughing in your face right now.

    Comparing a video game to a skilled trade...


    I don't think I'm the one they'd be laughing at with that one. You could play 10k hours and be just as good or bad as someone with 500.


    It's DbD

  • that would be an insta dodge for me

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105433#Comment_3105433

    Comparing a video game to a skilled trade...

    I don't think I'm the one they'd be laughing at with that one. You could play 10k hours and be just as good or bad as someone with 500.

    It's DbD

    And you could be in sales or whatever for 40 years and still suck

  • @Remedicist said:

    Do people want MMR to work properly though? I thought most people preferred MMR to be turned off because they viewed the game as more of a party game than a competitive one. Now I want to see a forum poll discussion of whether they prefer a fully working MMR or none at all.

    Everyone seems to forget they adjusted the MMR multiple times already

  • @Remedicist said:

    Do people want MMR to work properly though? I thought most people preferred MMR to be turned off because they viewed the game as more of a party game than a competitive one. Now I want to see a forum poll discussion of whether they prefer a fully working MMR or none at all.

    I'd like it to work as advertised, or to be removed completely.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    Have fun playing with the hackers.

    Lobby duck bro, it's my best friend recently :-)

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3105433#Comment_3105433

    Comparing a video game to a skilled trade...

    I don't think I'm the one they'd be laughing at with that one. You could play 10k hours and be just as good or bad as someone with 500.

    It's DbD

    Just stop. Time + experience is always going to create skill that will vary in magnitude by person. To argue otherwise is utter foolishness.

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    that would be an insta dodge for me

    Was for me too :-)

  • Correlation does not imply causation. On average more time in game will lead to higher skill, but it's not a guarantee. A player with 3000 hours is not for certain better than a player with 100.

    Also, whether or not it should, time played does not currently factor into matchmaking.

    Lastly, the two survivors with prestige levels in the 40s are likely hackers of some kind. The only way to have a prestige level that high this soon after the update is to have earned at least 4 million bloodpoints every day since the new system went into place. I suppose it's doable but I'm skeptical.

  • The thing everyone has to remember is that if players have been waiting a long time for a match, then MMR gets thrown out the window, and it'll match you with the first person/s that it can. Sadly, so long as MMR considers escapes and kills wins, then this game will never have a proper skill based matchmaking system.

  • They are likely cheating. It generally takes about 1.5 million bloodpoints to do a single prestige. Even if they started at 10, in order to get 34 more levels they'd have to spend 51 million bloodpoints to do so. Extremely unlikely at this point.

  • @ShyPirate said:

    Correlation does not imply causation. On average more time in game will lead to higher skill, but it's not a guarantee. A player with 3000 hours is not for certain better than a player with 100.

    Also, whether or not it should, time played does not currently factor into matchmaking.

    Lastly, the two survivors with prestige levels in the 40s are likely hackers of some kind. The only way to have a prestige level that high this soon after the update is to have earned at least 4 million bloodpoints every day since the new system went into place. I suppose it's doable but I'm skeptical.

    All good, I ducked anyway.

  • Yeah it's been really up and down lately . I'm a p3 hag and consinstantly go against p5(minimum) all the way up to p23(is the highest I've seen) . At random times I'll get some absolute noobs who are unranked with no perks and I'm just confused on how I was even allowed in the same lobby.