Pharmacy change feels like a nerf overall
I never had the issue of others stealing my green med-kit, so I don't get the change to Pharmacy.
Before, I felt guaranteed to get a green med-kit, even if I escape through hatch without getting injured becuase the killer camped the others out of the match. At least I could stockpile spare med-kits.
Now, I have to interact with the killer in a dangerous way or run No Mither (defeating the purpose of the med-kit, unless I'm soley stockpiling and somehow escape while injured the whole match).
It feels inconvenient...
I get unhooked. Okay
- I can run away from the hook to go hunt down a chest (maybe waste an additional perk slot just to find the chests)
- I let the rescuer heal me up (I cannot get the green med-kit from the chests)
- I let them 99% heal me (if I'm not hemorrhaging) and then finish the last 1% myself after I hunt down some chests
The only time it's convenient is if the rescuer gets chased away right after they unhook me and I have to fend for myself.
The only time the "extra" med-kits gets value is if
- I'm in a SWF, and I run around to all the chests to get my team med-kits
- The killer can inflict hemorrhage, making Built to Last no longer an option
I would waste less time and take less risk restoring charges with Built to Last than running around the map injured hunting down chests.
Comments
Agreed. In addition:
Right, and rummaging with Appraisal doesn't work around that either.
i don't think it was meant to be a buff. i think the general consensus was that med-kit are overpowered and pharmacy provides a med-kit therefore the perk is too strong. it makes sense because if you look at self-care change and botany change, both remove med-kit efficiency. now even reduce med-kit efficiency.
so their general alignment was. let's weaken the perk that improve med-kits since they get complaints on daily basis that med-kit are too strong probably from redit killers & steam, twitter. I mean if they were looking to weaken med-kits, the perk certainly weren't what was making them strong. all they have to do make med-kits less powerful is remove the self-healing action on med-kits. it balances their add-ons, now you can't use purple endurence add-on on yourself, you can't use over-time heal in-chase on yourself and the med-kit won't help you when your injured, it only helps other teammates and you still need find other teammates to heal you.
instead they went and weaken perks that weren't problematic instead of addressing the item that other people find problematic.
Previous version was bad too, why not make it simple like "You spawn in the trial with a medkit" or "hide in a locker for 15 seconds to craft a medkit", I don't know something not clunky for once..
They didn't test the perk before changing it.
Same with Calm Spirit and Iron Will.
They don't play their own game.
They based their 39 perk changes on usage data. Pharmacy was one of the least used perks, so the changes it received were meant to increase its usage. They just have don't play their own game, have quality control or even run it by a few 10k hours gamers, so they thought they buffed it. Self Care and Botany were overused and thus received nerfs to decrease their usage and med-kit efficiency was the low hanging fruit.
That's why many of the perk changes are horrible for the game. BBQ & Chili was an extremely good perk for the game both for survivors and killers as it encourage healthy gameplay while giving killers an incentive to use it. They just thought "It's massively overused, must nerf."
Pharmacy was a perk that I mostly used for the novelty. I loved the idea of being handed a good item once in a match (if I could even find a locked chest). With how the perk works now it's counterintuitive and even less worthwhile when compared to other healing perks and built to last.
I have to agree that the devs did not adequately test this one. Maybe it sounded good on paper or something.
maybe. Botany knowledge wasn't really in the chart. Self-care however was. botany knowledge from ptb loss 33% med-kit efficiency. After at which it lost -20% med-kit efficiency post-ptb. probably noticed that botany knowledge+med kit increases survivor escape-rate but..... med-kit in general do not need botany to be effective, but botany does need med-kits to be relevant. Just really strange logic. I am not even going pretend to try understand it.
Feels like it because it is.
Based on the pacvh note commentary, i think it was changed because of a single dev's experience during a solo queue match lol (a meg stile their medkit and they got salty about it so they changed the whole perk XD)
What would happen to the item you bring then??
..yet they didnt touch dark theory????
it spawns on ground next to you, locker idea is better anyway
I dont think anyone thought medkits were "overpowered", and if they did they were just salty that they would have to run a perk to counter this, lol
What next, salty killers that complain they have to run lightborn or look away against a team with flashlights?
Almost all of the perks they changed were old, plus there's still a lot of horribad perks they didn't get around to touching (Predator, Beast of Prey, Furtive Chase, Buckle Up...)
But yeah, Pharmacy got a hard nerf in the name of a buff. It's way less reliable and ensures you can't have a medkit on hand at the moment you need it, nor can you claim a chest when you find it. Instead you need to go hunting for unopened chests while you're injured, which is dangerous and runs the risk of your teammates having already looted the chests you located.