Killers Camping at 5 Gens

Why? I'm not saying as killer I haven't camped, but its a last resort when I'm down to one gen left. Why do it immediatly out of the gate? Its not happening all the time, but as I've played survivor more I've noticed its happening a lot more since the update. I just don't understand the amount of insecurity it takes to get to that method of playing I guess? Its a method thats in the game, but it honestly dosen't seem fun for either side to me.

Comments

  • Because they can and that’s fine.

    Just look at the replies making assumptions about players just to demonise them because they chose to play that one game in a way their opponents may not have liked.

    Even the OP refers to them as insecure.

    If found first you may be camped it’s just part of the game. It’s up to the team to play around it. 5 gens or 1 gen doesn’t really matter.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Some people can't enjoy the game without winning, so they resort to camping at 5gens and tunneling because it's 99% of the time an automatic 4k now.

    But you seem to be very angry about not escaping so aren’t you in that same boat just from the other side. Angry about not winning?

    Why is it ok for you to go for the win as a survivor in any way you see fit but not ok for a killer to go for the win in the same manner?

    Do you regard how you play the game as more fair compared to others, so all should have to conform to how you define fairness?

  • If they camp, I just stand there staring them at hook and go next. Survivors queues are instant because the overbuff, Thats what me and my friend does, I suggest you do the same if you are playing alone/ or swfing. Not every match is going to be like that. It's boring, ggs if you want the 4k so bad then it's yours

  • Camping is easier now. Put a survivor on the hook, have Thanatophobia, maybe some other slowdown perks too like Deadlock, gens will take longer to be repaired. Do this to every survivor and you will get 100% a 3k minimum every match.

  • @pseudechis said:

    Because they can and that’s fine.

    Just look at the replies making assumptions about players just to demonise them because they chose to play that one game in a way their opponents may not have liked.

    Even the OP refers to them as insecure.

    If found first you may be camped it’s just part of the game. It’s up to the team to play around it. 5 gens or 1 gen doesn’t really matter.

    Oh so I'm gonna assume you find a bubba facecamping you at 5 gens every game enjoyable then.

  • @versacefeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3102763#Comment_3102763

    Oh so I'm gonna assume you find a bubba facecamping you at 5 gens every game enjoyable then.

    Not every game but it’s not the end of the world when it does happen and has lead to some very fun interactions.

    So if that’s the only argument you’ve got… well… what else you got?

  • @Little_Kitten said:

    Possible answer(s) :

    • Lack of self-confidence.
    • Negative I.Q.
    • Painful childhood.
    • Etc.

    Wow, amazing answers, definitely worthy of commenting 😒

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101559#Comment_3101559

    Without a ping system or voice chat it often is unfortunately. I think adding one or both of those to the game would help out a lot. I"m still in favor of the killer buffs, but I've certainly come around to seeing the soloQ side of things.

    Basekit kindred for soloQ would help and basekit BBQ for killer to encourage going for chases.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    I hate to be that guy, but as a killer main... why wouldn't we camp? So what if there are 5 gens? Maybe you're hooked at a really good three gen that I want to keep.

    Before, everyone had a perk such as BBQ which meant we were encouraged to go hook everyone once. We had a motive to be more proactive, making the experience more engaging for everyone. This is one of the main reasons why everyone scoffed at the idea of a BBQ nerf before; it was a counterable perk that encouraged a healthy and engaging playstyle.

    This motive is gone. There are other info perks and such, but nothing is going to fill the void of earning those stacks to get more BP, which helps on a meta-level. As such, slowdown perks such as Deadlock are prioritized, and people go back to trying to win. MMR exists, people like to climb the MMR ladder, and they'll play a bit dirty. It's a matter of the optimal play.

    You can't expect people that want to win to play nice. You need to give them a reason.

    Killer mains usually enjoy going for chases, camping is pretty boring but if it was way to bring BBQ bonus back I would do it every game. But that's not gonna happen unfortunately. But anyway even if you camped you could still get all BBQ stacks... I bring cakes in my killer games for now so that's my bandaid fix for the problem but when there is zero cakes I want the game just to be quickly over. Usually I play nice cause I play survivor too so I don't tunnel or camp one out at 5 gens unless I have bad game.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3102885#Comment_3102885

    Not every game but it’s not the end of the world when it does happen and has lead to some very fun interactions.

    So if that’s the only argument you’ve got… well… what else you got?

    What fun interactions has getting facecamped at 5 gens lead to?

  • @versacefeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3102950#Comment_3102950

    What fun interactions has getting facecamped at 5 gens lead to?

    It's how I met my wife

  • @versacefeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3102950#Comment_3102950

    What fun interactions has getting facecamped at 5 gens lead to?

    I’ve played against some great basement bubbas, it can be thrilling to coordinate and escape against it.

    face camp bubba not so much but when you hug the circle round the hook just right to get a tantrum so you can get the save, it’s a big thrill.

    too many players just give up or get angry over it but it’s just another playstyle to overcome.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3102980#Comment_3102980

    I’ve played against some great basement bubbas, it can be thrilling to coordinate and escape against it.

    face camp bubba not so much but when you hug the circle round the hook just right to get a tantrum so you can get the save, it’s a big thrill.

    too many players just give up or get angry over it but it’s just another playstyle to overcome.

    I don't see how it'd be fun for solo queue players or swfs that aren't on comms to coordinate facecamping bubba unhooks, and while I do see the excite in doing it with a swf on comms, the outcome of unhooking against a facecamping bubba is almost always gonna be the same because of his instant down ability and will quickly become stale.

  • @tescomealdeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101568#Comment_3101568

    ''yOu DoN'T gEt To tElL mE hOw To PlAy tHE gAmE''

    Ah yes, this is why you have 10 minute queues because every killer literally doesn't care about the survivors. I've never seen as much tunnelling or camping as I've had since the patch has dropped despite the same killers bringing the most meta slave build, or OP killers, etc.

    You can play how you want but you deserve to be called out for it. The very same killers who have a fit if a survivor tbags or clicks at them in a 4 man SWF are also the ones to tunnel/camp a solo queue survivor out at 5 gens.

    My killer queues are fine.

  • For the same reason survivors will pop 3 gens in the first chase, they're trying to win. They just choose camping as their avenue of choice, I don't think the number of gens left changes anything in that regard.

  • @versacefeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103002#Comment_3103002

    I don't see how it'd be fun for solo queue players or swfs that aren't on comms to coordinate facecamping bubba unhooks, and while I do see the excite in doing it with a swf on comms, the outcome of unhooking against a facecamping bubba is almost always gonna be the same because of his instant down ability and will quickly become stale.

    To each their own. I’ve had fun trying to out do a bubba around the hook.

    You gotta bait the chase and get a tantrum, sometimes people take the bait sometimes not.

    but it’s nothing to get all upset about. Seriously the gross overreaction of people about a game mechanic.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103049#Comment_3103049

    To each their own. I’ve had fun trying to out do a bubba around the hook.

    You gotta bait the chase and get a tantrum, sometimes people take the bait sometimes not.

    but it’s nothing to get all upset about. Seriously the gross overreaction of people about a game mechanic.

    Facecamping isn't a game mechanic? And the reactions that come with it aren't unjustified either, especially since the only thing that can be done to "counter" it is holding M1; something people obviously don't wanna do all game.

  • I mean of a killer is camping at 5 gens then... Do the gens.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3101559#Comment_3101559

    Without a ping system or voice chat it often is unfortunately. I think adding one or both of those to the game would help out a lot. I"m still in favor of the killer buffs, but I've certainly come around to seeing the soloQ side of things.

    Voice chat when something like that is happening would only lead to survivors cursing and swearing at killers who are camping them and getting banned when killer goes to the people who run the game complaining that people who have a right to be pissed off at the killer for camping them were unfairly verbally harassing them.

  • @versacefeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103385#Comment_3103385

    Facecamping isn't a game mechanic? And the reactions that come with it aren't unjustified either, especially since the only thing that can be done to "counter" it is holding M1; something people obviously don't wanna do all game.

    Camping is as much an in game mechanic as anything else that’s possible in game.

    Its part of the game so you are going to have to learn to deal with it.

    If you think it’s countered by just holding W then that may be why you struggle to play around it.

    You don’t have to like that part of the game that’s fine but it is part of the game.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103472#Comment_3103472

    Camping is as much an in game mechanic as anything else that’s possible in game.

    Its part of the game so you are going to have to learn to deal with it.

    If you think it’s countered by just holding W then that may be why you struggle to play around it.

    You don’t have to like that part of the game that’s fine but it is part of the game.

    I don't know what you mean by holding W since the killer won't be chasing people if they're camping, but I'm just gonna assume you meant M1 and by going off of that, would be the only "counter" to camping.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    Why? I'm not saying as killer I haven't camped, but its a last resort when I'm down to one gen left. Why do it immediatly out of the gate? Its not happening all the time, but as I've played survivor more I've noticed its happening a lot more since the update. I just don't understand the amount of insecurity it takes to get to that method of playing I guess? Its a method thats in the game, but it honestly dosen't seem fun for either side to me.

    As a main killer who plays survivor from time to time I have faced many campers (I'll remember that Demogorgon that became too attached to my hook and was unable to go 12 metres away before returning). Of course, camping has always been a problem on this game. When I play killer I find camping extremely difficult. The only killer that I would not blame for camping a bit is hag, I mean, she is made for camping.


    For tunnelling, I understand that sometimes you, as a killer, see the game becomming more and more demanding, as gens pop and you have difficulties to apply pressure. In that cases, with 2 gens and 4 survs, for example, I find tunnelling someone as a valid resource. However, tunnelling since minute 1 of the match is completely unnecessary and frustrating for the victim. Again, there is one killer who I consider that has to do It, this being PH, as his power depends on this and he can counter Decisive Strike easily.

1 2 ›