Was just told by survivors Overcharge is bugged?
They said if you pass the skillcheck the 200% regression stays. Hadn't heard of this bug though so were they lying?
They said if you pass the skillcheck the 200% regression stays. Hadn't heard of this bug though so were they lying?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've seen it happen once, but that's out of a lot of games versus Overcharge. It doesn't seem to occur consistently.
I think I've seen a video going around that Overcharge is bugged when pair with another perk I forgot. They recreated it in custom and it seemed like a legit bug.
My perk build at the time was Overcharge, Call of Brine, Dragon's grip, and Pain resonance
Here :
Call of Brine + Overcharge
I mean if the survivors are getting mad at you that's not fair because it's not like your expected to peruse the bug reporting section constantly with a fine toothed comb, but there are a few reported bugs that Overcharge continues to regress after you've hit the skill check.
If this is really acknowledged, I'm a bit surprised that Overcharge hasn't been kill switched. I guess it's because it's not "literally breaking the game" but permanent ruin just for kicking a gen once seems strange to allow?
Also surprised considering it's inflating killer success numbers. I usually use overcharge, but I swapped to eruption until it's fixed. Rather not have a cheated edge.
It's also a relatively recent bug report and might even be confirmed internally by them yet, who knows? 🤷♂️ Something like this might be added to their Known Issues list on the Kill Switch page at some point whether or not it's actively kill switched.
On a tangent there's also apparently a bug involving Devour Hope allowing moris even after the totem is destroyed (supposedly it doesn't allow Exposed hits once the totem is gone but the Moris are still possible). That's another bug similar in scope to this Overcharge one that I could see landing on that known issues list.
As a SoloQ I'd rather go against broken Overcharge than Eruption.
FYI if you fail the skill check, it does halt the regression. So in the mean time, keep that in mind.
If the bug is confirmed, they should disable the perk until it's fixed.
I'm using Overcharge + Call of Brine on all my weak killers.
A permanent ruin bug happens doesn't get kill switched, but when a fat man (Clown) gets some yellow gas and stays motivated to rush the entire game does get kill switched? ok
I had it happen in a game last night whee the killer was only running overcharge. I'm not sure what causes the bug, but imo the perk should be disabled until they figure out what's causing it and fix it.