How have Devour Hope and Overcharge not been kill switched yet?
Both of these perks are bugged in ways that they can't be turned off completely.
Devour Hope gains stacks until it is cleansed, but the effects remain in place even after cleansing the totem. You don't gain further stacks, thankfully, but if you have already earned 5 stacks before it gets cleansed, survivors are just permanently moriable for the rest of the trial.
@Enrico_Polatso2 said:
You can still mori with 5 stacks of devour hope, even if its cleansed. Please fix.
Overcharge is supposed to disable if you make the difficult skill check, but even if you make the skill check and keep working on the generator, it continues to regress as soon as you let go of it. It won't spark, but the progress decays. Reported with Call of Brine interaction a week ago, but it doesn't require CoB to reproduce the bug.
@Sweet_Potato said:
When you kick a gen with both of those perks the gen regression continues even when a survivor touched the gen and is not limited to 30 seconds.
I get that bug fixes aren't always straightforward or instant, but isn't this the exact reason kill switches were implemented? So these aren't plaguing games until they can be patched?
Comments
if they killswitched all the things that have a gamebreaking bug in them, half the perks and killers would just be gone
I agree though, they really should use killswitch more and just fix these issues
Would you care to list some examples?
They already killswitched the Clown. I would have liked to actually meme around with that and I would like to spend some bloodpoints on Clown but I can't because he's killswitched.
If perks are broken as hard as Overcharge and Devour Hope are they should be killswitched immediately. Killswitched perks can still be bought in the blood webs at least.
Screw it. I'm going to go play some games with Devour Hope and Overcharge. Why not?
I don't specifically have an opinion on THIS situation related to Kill switching. However, I remember them being VERY excited about how easy it would be to Kill Switch things on the fly if they had issues. Would people be annoyed if the KS Overcharge / Devour? Sure, but it's one week, and they most likely would have the bug fix for it in the next update. If you can't find two other perks to swap out for those two...there simply aren't enough perks right now. I just don't understand why we have something that should make this possible, but we rarely use it. Like when the We'll Make It/ WGLF Speed buff was in...why wasn't that insta kill switched? If it's so easy to use KS things, wouldn't that be healthier for the game? Some people would complain, but less people have to go through matches where someone is intentionally bringing Devour, because they know they'll get to Mori no matter what...others bringing WGLF We'll Make It, so they can insta vault, etc. (This isn't a bug anymore, I don't think at least). But yeah, I'd much rather a perk here and there getting disabled for a week for healthier game play, so it's odd to me that so many people are against it being used at all.
Yeah it's quite weird, bugs are broken enough to be killswitched, and noone really care if devour or overcharge dies for a period.