Do I need to be Selfish/be an Ass?
I am at a point of contemplation of what to do. The day before yesterday was mediocre but yesterday holy **** it was brutal with solo Q to a point of whether I should be selfish and be an ass.
I am a team player in all my games. I will take the hits, take aggro and do gens but man did it kill me when I have half my matches of people screwing around in the back corner/ locker hopping ( mind you the killer gives these people hatch a majority of time) and the other half of killers being scumbags.
I mean what do you want me to do as survivor? I palette you a bunch of times, loop you around the map to give time, but it seems a good chunk of killers are pissed to a point of slugging me continuously ( on hook), face camp, or tunnel me out of the game. Am I supposed to stand there and let you down me instantly??
It became so intolerable yesterday... in a few of my matches when "I" work so hard looping and paletting killers to then get left behind.
In one instance, when all the gens were done I was literally running the killer through the map twice... my two remaining team mates literally were hiding in lockers till I got downed... then they left. I was so pissed that the whole time I am running around you can not open the gate for me, let alone take a hit for me ( no noed) when you have not been hooked once.
It's been a consistent cycle of people hiding all match and not getting hooked once nor take hits that get out a majority of the time. ( even the killers give them the hatch) whyyy??? They did nothing all match. 3 of us had to do all the work -___- and finish those 5 gens lmao.
I need them to change the mmr so bad. I don't get rewarded for this effort.
I don't know if today will be any better....
Comments
If you're solo and the last gen is about to pop while you're in chase....you may want to dump the killer on someone else if you can.
There's a lot of interesting/more intense decision making required to perform well in solo.
You don't need to be super selfish, but you do need to "steal" some escapes here and there to climb in solo queue. I don't go out of my way to take chase or make myself visible to the killer until I know the game is winnable. And I typically don't take risks.
Especially after the patch, the high risk plays are often not worth it. Making a contested hook save on a camped teammate? Your absolute best case scenario is a 1 for 1+reset with no gen progress, and the worst case scenario is you being slugged and them getting tunneled out anyway. And their perks might be a mystery, so you might unhook them only for them to not have OTR or DS.
And also know when to cut your losses on a game and immerse for the gates. I never play for hatch. Hatch doesn't give MMR. Gates do. I know it seems silly to care about MMR to that degree, but it be rough out there in solo queue.
Situational.
Knowing when a team escape is a lost cause and switching to selfish mode is key for sure.
Playing selfishly from the outset is never a good play, because getting out with your team dead is a gamble at best, but pushing objectives and going for save when there's still 2+ gens left, half your team is dead and you're on death hook isn't helping anyone, including yourself.
My MMR isn't what it could be because I am always going back in for people and giving myself up (even in solo), but those aren't lost cause situations. If the gens aren't getting done, look out for yourself.
I feel you. While I've had a mostly good streak of games today (read: only four and a half times did I actively hate my teammates), solo queue is a real piece of work sometimes. Hell, there was one time today where the killer's Blood Warden saved me because all of the other survivors, healthy and with no NOED in play, were running straight out the gates and only bothered to turn around and get me when they physically couldn't leave. Another game, I was the obsession looping a Trapper, one guy was on hook, and the other surviving teammate sat and worked on a gen for the entirety of Dwight's hook stage because clear evidence that she was the only survivor able to do anything just wasn't enough. (She didn't bother trying to rescue me either, when I inevitably got hooked. And then ran into a trap within 5 seconds of the Trapper approaching her. Moron.)
While I try to play altruistic whenever I can - if you really want to get your MMR up, or you're sick of being the one left behind, I'd suggest being a team player during the bulk of the match (playing selfish just gets everyone killed. see: the serial stealthers) and then taking no risks in endgame. You don't have to necessarily leave ASAP, but no cross-map rescues, especially not alone; just hang near the gates and see if anyone needs an escort out. You have to become what you hate, but... it's either that or being stuck at the bottom, and things do improve when your MMR rises a bit. I remember BHVR saying they planned to look at survivor MMR gains and alter it depending on how many people escape, which sounds like it'd really help - being a heroic sacrifice for the team would no longer be a punishment.
I also advise lobby dodging any P0 Megs, Dwights, Claudettes, Jakes, Neas, Davids, and Fengs who are wearing cosmetics available by default. These players are likely newbies and can't be relied on for team play. Yes, there are exceptions, but do you really want to chance them? I'm not proud of it, but my quality of games has jumped ever since I started dodging low-prestige lobbies.
As for the killers who get tilted when you don't roll over and die in ten seconds... nothing you can really do about them, sadly. Just hang on hook and make them waste as much of their misbegotten time as possible. The best advice I can give is to never talk to them in endgame chat.
i feel your pain when being a good teammate/ good player could be unrewarding and unfair at ALL times but personally i dont let it sway how i play. even the countless amount of times ive been left to die on hook im always the person going for every hook and taking chases for hours with no gens popping is a pain as well.
truth is you can't do much. you have to be "satisfactory" with constantly being screwed by mmr & rng. personally i find co-op/ team play fun which is why im super aultristic and also blinding the killer can be a stellar time. but ever since this patch... yeah i havent really played much (only 3 games)
all in all dont worry and just play to have fun and if the gameplay is that bad for you then i advise searching for a new game!!
Yes, sole survivor +wake up, when 2 people are left you go hide next to a door
Other survivors being selfish gets me killed more often what the Killer does. I understand your frustration
It was two people still alive with me ( 3 total including me) in that particular match. I literally looped that killer through that map twice around so they could open one of the doors. If your not going to take the hit, then at least open the door is what I am more annoyed about. I could have gotten out toooooo -____-...They waited till I got slapped to the ground to get out of their lockers, both of them.. to open that door and leave as I die. I do not have a problem if it is just me and one person and I die for them, but another matter when there are two or more up and I am getting chased to at least have the audacity to open the door so I have somewhat of a fighting chance to leave.
I get the situational part down, but when the game has just started and they are already hiding in lockers when there is no evidence of us losing is what also is a factor. It means me and two people have to do 5 gens and also bounce killer aggro while they **** around in the back. It is so blatantly obvious when kindred goes off from one of my teammates or when I get hooked that there is that same person sitting in the same corner, crouching around and hiding. If its a loss, then please do hide and immerse yourself, but if the game is still going at least contribute by working on gens -___-..
There are sooo many games where I could have escaped with some of my teammates if that one person hiding had contributed. Like we had one gen left to do in one case and 3 of us were still up. I still see that person there in the back squatting. So it was just me and this rando literally have one us chased and the other on a gen. If they worked on that gen we could have finished it and maybe two of us got out. I don't mind dying in this instance for my teammates. No.. they squat the whole time till we both are on hook.Oh boy!! Then the killer has the audacity to give them hatch after we die.