Prestige Conversion Rates Have Robbed Me Of Over 100 Million Bp's, Perks, Etc.

Prior to the update I had EVERY perk unlocked.. Survivors and Killers were all at lvl 50... some P1 some P2 some P3... After this update I have people who aren't even P1.. Perks I originally had unlocked are now locked at "yellow/lvl1". I've done the math and it's well over an estimated 100 million bps worth of lvls through prestige that have outright been robbed from me (from JUST MY SURVIVORS ALONE).

For Example.. I had Ash P2 lvl 50 (which is basically P3 - minus 1 click of a button!!) after this update, He is now a P6 and a full 3 prestige lvls away from what my P3's converted to. 3 full lvls of prestige at the value of a few red icons that nobody can really even see? HOW IS THIS NOT A BIGGER ISSUE?!?!?

I've spent thousands of hours playing Dead By Daylight. 1 update and i'm robbed of my perks, prestige, etc for what??? Some red picture on my P3's? These conversions are a tragedy to us players who have spent thousands of hours grinding bp's... Who's Bright idea was it to round prestige's down? To Rob Killers/Survivor's everyone who wasnt full P3 with every character, of all of this????

Should I expect some sort of compensation or do I truly need to admit that the dev's have completely robbed me and soo many others and just call it what it is.... The Death of DBD..... Idk but This NEEDS to be a bigger issue.... This NEEDS to be addressed... This NEEDS to be said.....

Comments

  • @Ikalx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3115980#Comment_3115980

    I wish I'd seen this, I didn't see it on the steam updates and I read pretty much most of the large updates patch notes, and was following this one closely.

    The last time I heard anything was when they said people at level 50 would be compensated, so it made me hesitate to prestige all my survivors, who were sitting at level 50.

    After the update, I have level 1 perks unlocked for all my characters (and level 3's for the 4 survivors who I'd previously prestiged) and that's about it. I don't feel robbed, I do feel a little sad and chagrined though. The latter because now when I prestige my survivors from 0 to 1, it says I've unlocked the perks at level 1 as teachables for everyone, something that had already been granted at the update.

    Is this anyone's fault? No, not really. I do feel like it might take me another 4 years to get those perks unlocked at level 3, but...it's not like those perks won't show up in blood webs.

    Thank you for showing there was at least more communication on this matter that I missed.

    i don't understand how you don't feel ripped off? another 4 years to get what should've rightfully been yours? you paid for the game just like everyone else.. and did you even get some sort of information from the actual game itself? It's 100% someone's fault the people who decided to rework the prestige system should've treated you and everyone who plays equally.. maybe it doesn't "bother" you as much as others. but it definitely peeved me and many others off.. It's not a fair system and its a MAJOR screw up that needs to be corrected.

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116154#Comment_3116154

    i don't understand how you don't feel ripped off? another 4 years to get what should've rightfully been yours? you paid for the game just like everyone else.. and did you even get some sort of information from the actual game itself? It's 100% someone's fault the people who decided to rework the prestige system should've treated you and everyone who plays equally.. maybe it doesn't "bother" you as much as others. but it definitely peeved me and many others off.. It's not a fair system and its a MAJOR screw up that needs to be corrected.

    Because they don't owe me anything. I'm "compensated" in that I didn't lose any items, addons, or offerings by not prestiging, and while that's small comfort, even if I wasn't...they still don't owe me anything, because I didn't lose anything. The characters that have unlocked perks still have those perks, the outfits that were unlocked are still unlocked.

    Would I want there to be a process where maybe I could state what happened and they could evaluate it and grant me the ranks? Sure, but that would take a lot of resources on their part. Would I want them to maybe re-evaluate what happened for similar cases and decide to change it? Yes, but that probably wouldn't be possible or fair now.

    It's frustrating and disheartening, for sure, but it's a perceived loss. Nothing was actually taken from us. We failed to take advantage of the system, and yeah, it might have been more clearly publicised but at the end of the day, it's not something that was rightfully mine, it's more like a promotion I didn't take advantage of.

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116181#Comment_3116181

    So you think you are obligated to the same treatment as others? even if you paid for the game just the same? They DO owe you.. that's the thing you don't even realize... you contributed to their company just like everyone else... why should others get more and others not? since when does that rationalize as being "fair".

    When I paid for the game and bought the game, all my survivors were level 1 with only their level 1 perks unlocked. Even now when I buy dlc, that remains the same.

    Me giving them money does not mean I have control over what they do. I am not an investor or a shareholder, I am a customer, a player, and I am entitled to those rights only.

    I'm going to step outside of this for a moment and say, I know DBD is the kind of game that attracts polarising mindsets, but this situation isn't unfair, like most of the world, it's ruthlessly fair. You cannot rewind time because you missed something, you do not get what others have when you weren't there, you cannot say you just didn't buy a lottery ticket that week. It. Is. Fair.

    The only thing that works against the kind of fairness of life is kindness. People help you if you are kind. People want to be around you if you are compassionate. People listen when you're not screaming at them. Do you have to raise hell sometimes? Absolutely. But you have to pick your battles so that you're not the boy that cried fowl when the wolves finally come.

    This case, kinda sucks in my head, I'll admit. But I've actually only gained - access to maybe 60 perks most of my characters didn't have already.

    I can be mad at the perceived loss, or I can, as I'm trying to do, look at what I've actually gained instead.

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116055#Comment_3116055

    it's both. The presitge should've Tripled on every character not "only those who knew about it" without even telling them in the actual game itself.

    Your Prestige is working as intended. There is no issue there.

    The perks should not have re-locked themselves. Bring it up with support, nobody here can do anything for you

  • @Sparks741420 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116044#Comment_3116044

    I do NOT have everything unlocked.. It's not something i'm telling you that's incorrect The FACT IS my characters SHOULD BE P2 lvl 47 minimum...

    Where are you getting P2-47 from?

    If you didn't have everything unlocked then what you told us in the OP is misleading. What you're claiming is not how the update was supposed to work. If your characters were P0-40 with the teachables unlocked then those teachables remained unlocked after the update. If you had tier 3 perk on a character then you still have that tier 3 perk after. There would be more people complaining if this wasn't the case.

    The update did not remove what you already had. If it for some reason did, you should be contacting support about lost progress.

  • @Ikalx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116161#Comment_3116161

    Because they don't owe me anything. I'm "compensated" in that I didn't lose any items, addons, or offerings by not prestiging, and while that's small comfort, even if I wasn't...they still don't owe me anything, because I didn't lose anything. The characters that have unlocked perks still have those perks, the outfits that were unlocked are still unlocked.

    Would I want there to be a process where maybe I could state what happened and they could evaluate it and grant me the ranks? Sure, but that would take a lot of resources on their part. Would I want them to maybe re-evaluate what happened for similar cases and decide to change it? Yes, but that probably wouldn't be possible or fair now.

    It's frustrating and disheartening, for sure, but it's a perceived loss. Nothing was actually taken from us. We failed to take advantage of the system, and yeah, it might have been more clearly publicised but at the end of the day, it's not something that was rightfully mine, it's more like a promotion I didn't take advantage of.

    The fact is.. It was rightfully yours... as you also paid for the same game and played pre-patch.. To give to some but not others isn't fair at all.. We're patching the game but only some of you will get the prestige and some of you tough luck... yeah no.. you paid for the game JUST like everyone else... That's a rip-off and you know it

  • I had Ash P2 lvl 50 (which is basically P3 - minus 1 click of a button!!)

    Yes, but that "1 click of a button" would have cleaned out all of the items, offerings, and add-ons in Ash's inventory. The game did not consider P2 lvl 50 to be basically the same as P3, nor should it have, because going to P3 would reset the character.

    The Prestige levels rewarded after the update were based on both the amount spent and the amount sacrificed. While I understand your frustration, your statement here minimizes an important aspect of the way prestige worked before the update. Before the update, going up a prestige level meant sacrificing 1.7 million Bloodpoints, possibly including event items/add-ons/offerings or retired offerings. Prestige being "1 click of a button" is more applicable to the way it works today, where you just spend 20k Bloodpoints and lose nothing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116136#Comment_3116136

    Your Prestige is working as intended. There is no issue there.

    The perks should not have re-locked themselves. Bring it up with support, nobody here can do anything for you

    In this scenario, while they do appear locked, they still show up in bloodwebs as purchasable and in inventories as tier 1 if a given character didn't already have them higher.

    As an example, I have the game on PS4, but have barely touched it since Crossplay came out. I didn't have many teachables unlocked but among those I did was the Nightmare, at level 48. His perks are locked when I look at his bloodweb, but show up in yellow on characters I know didn't have them (most I did prior to update was level killers to 15 so they'd have 4 perk slots). The one killer I've leveled since the update, Pinhead, has Blood Warden at Tier 3, Fire Up at Tier 2, and Remember Me at Tier 1. I will concede, however, that I can't remember if I got any of those upgrades prior to the update or after, but since Pinhead is the only character I significantly leveled after if I'd gotten them after on anyone, it'd be him. Even if I'm mistaken about the timing of the upgrades, I still had the perks on him, along with any Shrine of Secrets purchases I had, such as Hex: Ruin.

    Additionally, on PC, I only built up my Killers pre-update high enough to be P1 since I didn't wanna lose their cakes I'd built up on them. This put them all at P1, Lvl 50 (give or take a few I'd leveled more) after the update. In the process of building them to P2, and a bit of leveling I've done since, unlocked perks show up in higher tiers for upgrades. Additionally, the Stranger Things perks appear on my characters who didn't already them them in Tier 1, which I presume is because I unlocked them as teachables prior to the update.

    @TragicSolitude said:

    I had Ash P2 lvl 50 (which is basically P3 - minus 1 click of a button!!)

    Yes, but that "1 click of a button" would have cleaned out all of the items, offerings, and add-ons in Ash's inventory. The game did not consider P2 lvl 50 to be basically the same as P3, nor should it have, because going to P3 would reset the character.

    The Prestige levels rewarded after the update were based on both the amount spent and the amount sacrificed. While I understand your frustration, your statement here minimizes an important aspect of the way prestige worked before the update. Before the update, going up a prestige level meant sacrificing 1.7 million Bloodpoints, possibly including event items/add-ons/offerings or retired offerings. Prestige being "1 click of a button" is more applicable to the way it works today, where you just spend 20k Bloodpoints and lose nothing.

    I hadn't thought of it in those terms but "based on the amount spent and sacrificed" is a good way of putting it.

  • @Nicholas said:

    He's right; the conversion is capped at nine prestige levels, so anyone with a more significant investment in a character would lose that. On PTB, maxed-out chars were P11 L50, so basically P12. The system only factored in perk tiers; some players have chars that exceed P3 L50 many times over and have 100s of items but are still capped at P9. The 3x bonus was excellent for the masses, but the people with significant investments got the short end of the stick. I don't understand the issue in giving those people P11 or higher to reflect respect and honor their investment in the game.

    this is true I have all killers and survivors p3 L50 before the update but Michael Myers and David are like my main mains and I P3 them a long time ago and I know I went over in BP after they both hit P3 L50.

    I sure if the BP count was right Michael Myers and David be like p50 if not higher.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3091167#Comment_3091167

    If you had everything unlocked, even at P0, then you should still have everything unlocked. Having every killer/survivor with all perks prior to the update would be at least P5 after.

    So something you are telling us has to be incorrect for you to have yellow perks still.

    Here is the thing: he heared something about "yadda yadda prestige before the next patch. Yadda yadda I am doing it right now!" and instead of informing himself in any way or form his FOMO took the better part of him and he prestige all/most of his survivors, as most of them were P0 Level50. He lost tons of perks and especially event items that way, but thought that after the patch everything would be reinstated.

    Thats why he is raging about "One click of a button should not take it all away. There was no warning to this IN-GAME!!!". The simple fact is, though, that there was a warning. The warning we all got for years when prestiging: you will gain a prestige level, you will lose all perks and items. Do you wanna proceed? Yes/No"

1 2 ›