If you are able to keep your DS till endgame you should be able to use It... It's a strategy!

There are so many times when I get downed during endgame and still have my DS and it makes the games more Intense and fun. I don't see why It should be disabled during endgame. The devs took out a lot of the survivor fun with this patch and it has been really boring playing. Getting off the hook In EGC Is hard enough because of how much pressure is on the survIvors to save and the killer to camp them out so why take away the most fun and rewarding aspect of DS... It has counter-play for the killer and the survivors have to be able to keep it and know when to use it. Endgame has been really boring without this as a strategy.

Comments

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104343#Comment_3104343

    There seems to be a language barrier

    No one is talking about current DS being a free escape (because it isn't), people were talking about old DS being a free escape, which it was

    Yes and like I said in my first 2 comments on this discussion I said “deactivated in endgame doesn’t just mean when exits are 99’d/opened” it means that it’s deactivated once the last gen is done. And in the scenario I provided and plenty other scenarios I can provide further, you can see that it was indeed NOT a “free escape” because they would have to loop the killer even after being unhooked until I was able to get away or the does worked on

    we are talking about it being a “free escape” when it’s not^^. This, in return just results in giving killers a free kill rather than survivors a “free escape”. So in turn, DS should be deactivated when the doors are opened and not once the last gen is finished. This give counterplay to both survivors and to killers without actually giving anybody a full “free kill” or “free escape”

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104328#Comment_3104328

    Survivors also have endgame perks.

    Adrenaline, Hope, Left Behind, No One Left behind.

    BT also works fine at endgame, use that.

    The point is these all have counters, just as NOED and No Way Out do as well. None of these are guaranteed wins for one side or the other.

    DS at an exit gate had NO counter.

    DS at an exit gate has no counter, I agree. But the endgame isn't only the exit gates. Considering DS now is only 3 seconds there's no reason to turn it off at the endgame, it would only be a guaranteed escape if the killer hooks you right next to an exit gate, and at this point BT would also be a "free escape".

  • Until they** were able to get away or the doors** worked on

    @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104395#Comment_3104395

    Yes and like I said in my first 2 comments on this discussion I said “deactivated in endgame doesn’t just mean when exits are 99’d/opened” it means that it’s deactivated once the last gen is done. And in the scenario I provided and plenty other scenarios I can provide further, you can see that it was indeed NOT a “free escape” because they would have to loop the killer even after being unhooked until I was able to get away or the does worked on

    we are talking about it being a “free escape” when it’s not^^. This, in return just results in giving killers a free kill rather than survivors a “free escape”. So in turn, DS should be deactivated when the doors are opened and not once the last gen is finished. This give counterplay to both survivors and to killers without actually giving anybody a full “free kill” or “free escape”


  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104395#Comment_3104395

    Yes and like I said in my first 2 comments on this discussion I said “deactivated in endgame doesn’t just mean when exits are 99’d/opened” it means that it’s deactivated once the last gen is done. And in the scenario I provided and plenty other scenarios I can provide further, you can see that it was indeed NOT a “free escape” because they would have to loop the killer even after being unhooked until I was able to get away or the does worked on

    we are talking about it being a “free escape” when it’s not^^. This, in return just results in giving killers a free kill rather than survivors a “free escape”. So in turn, DS should be deactivated when the doors are opened and not once the last gen is finished. This give counterplay to both survivors and to killers without actually giving anybody a full “free kill” or “free escape”

    Having DS active once the last Generator is finished still is a free Escape if your team is smart.

    99 the Exit Gates, come and save, Killer gets DS'd, open Exit Gate, free Escape

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104350#Comment_3104350

    DS at an exit gate has no counter, I agree. But the endgame isn't only the exit gates. Considering DS now is only 3 seconds there's no reason to turn it off at the endgame, it would only be a guaranteed escape if the killer hooks you right next to an exit gate, and at this point BT would also be a "free escape".

    Other way around.

    Now that DS disables at the exit gates, there's no reason for it to have been nerfed to 3s. There's also no reason for it to only activate once, you have two potential hook states you can be rescued from, have it twice. This would actually make it an viable anti-tunnel perk, because now the killer isn't 'getting rid of it' at the same time they're made aware of it. They will now know "that survivor has DS" and can make an informed choice to not tunnel them.

    It absolutely needs to be disabled at endgame, to prevent the uncounterable situation I just described.

    You underestimate just how far a survivor can crawl in 60 seconds at EGC, you could hook half way across the map and they could still make it. BT can be waited out, it's only 15s, it takes longer than 15s to get from most hooks to the exit gate.

  • Being able to keep DS in your pocket all game was definitely one of its strengths.

    It was fun having that ace up your sleeve to stun the killer and run out the door.

    It did create a genuine un-winnable scenario though basically invalidating play around the hook in the endgame.

    There always has to be a reasonable chance of failure. Missing the skill check wasn’t enough I don’t think. So DS helps you if targeted off hook but doesn’t all but guarantee your escape in endgame anymore. It’s a healthy change.

    The stun duration reduction should be reverted though 3s is nothing really. Maybe go back to 5 sec and enduring can reduce it to 3.

    That way you can build for anti DS but it costs you a perk.

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104206#Comment_3104206

    i don’t think you actually understood. I looped the killer for 3 gens (the 1st was already done so now 4 are finished). I get downed and hooked and 10 seconds later the gen gets finished, I get unhooked right after the gen gets finished. And get chased and tunneled. There was not enough time for the exit gates to be opened, not had anybody even been working on them yet. And even if there was enough time but they still didn’t work on them then that’s still not a “free escape” for me so therefore my perk shouldn’t be deactivated. It’s not a “missplay” on my team but nice try.

    What you describe was a missplay though. Unless you were about to shortly die on hook the best play would have been to open the gates or at least 99 them before even going for the save.

    You team didn’t do that and you died as a result.

    So in this case DS would have created an unwinnable scenario for the killer solely because of DS, while the so called “free kill” resulted from a combination of poor survivor coordination.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104439#Comment_3104439

    Having DS active once the last Generator is finished still is a free Escape if your team is smart.

    99 the Exit Gates, come and save, Killer gets DS'd, open Exit Gate, free Escape

    no it’s not lmao. There are plenty of different ways to counter it on both sides. Killers can slug the survivor and down somebody else in the meantime. They can wait out the timer. They can go and open up the exit gates themselves and just go back and pick up the survivor. And survivors can have time to go save the down survivor and risk getting killed while doing it, or the downed survivor can crawl away. It’s not a free escape nor is it a free kill. If you had the survivor hooked near the exit gates you can open them yourself but survivors may try to heal the downed survivor in that time. It’s much more fair and counterable than a free escape or a free kill. Plus it doesn’t just totally make half of a survivor loadout literally useless

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104409#Comment_3104409

    Again, camping is counterable, and only works if the team has 1 or more weak-links

    So is DS.

  • @ElleGreen said:

    There are so many times when I get downed during endgame and still have my DS and it makes the games more Intense and fun. I don't see why It should be disabled during endgame. The devs took out a lot of the survivor fun with this patch and it has been really boring playing. Getting off the hook In EGC Is hard enough because of how much pressure is on the survIvors to save and the killer to camp them out so why take away the most fun and rewarding aspect of DS... It has counter-play for the killer and the survivors have to be able to keep it and know when to use it. Endgame has been really boring without this as a strategy.

    Yes, and let's reverse DH changes.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104439#Comment_3104439

    Having DS active once the last Generator is finished still is a free Escape if your team is smart.

    99 the Exit Gates, come and save, Killer gets DS'd, open Exit Gate, free Escape

    @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104458#Comment_3104458

    no it’s not lmao. There are plenty of different ways to counter it on both sides. Killers can slug the survivor and down somebody else in the meantime. They can wait out the timer. They can go and open up the exit gates themselves and just go back and pick up the survivor. And survivors can have time to go save the down survivor and risk getting killed while doing it, or the downed survivor can crawl away. It’s not a free escape nor is it a free kill. If you had the survivor hooked near the exit gates you can open them yourself but survivors may try to heal the downed survivor in that time. It’s much more fair and counterable than a free escape or a free kill. Plus it doesn’t just totally make half of a survivor loadout literally useless

    And to add to that, you can hit another survivor get them scared and push them and get them to run to the door and open it. Or If the survivor gets unhooked and they’re running towards the exit gate, if they open the door and down them, guess what? You can immediately pick them up even if it’s only been 20 seconds because DS would be activated. Or if you’re chasing them and down them before they get to the door, just open it yourself and guess what? Deactivated DS. Feel free to pick the survivor up and hook them again

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104375#Comment_3104375

    I've read everything, you're just refusing to acknowledge other opinions and where your stance has faults. This is like talking to a brick wall. Can't reason with the unreasonable.

    Where is the oh wise one to acknowledge the comment and provide a better answer to it?

  • What do you mean 'during end-game'? Just get it out beforehand.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104536#Comment_3104536

    What do you mean 'during end-game'? Just get it out beforehand.

    And how do you propose a Killer managed to do that against good Survivors? If they weren't Nurse or Blight, they didn't, simple as

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104536#Comment_3104536

    What do you mean 'during end-game'? Just get it out beforehand.

    So you mean you should tunnel every survivor form the start of the game?

  • I never had a problem with DS, I keep forgetting this perk even exist.

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103836#Comment_3103836

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103884#Comment_3103884

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103888#Comment_3103888

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103933#Comment_3103933

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104019#Comment_3104019

    All of you guys are either biased killer mains or don’t actually realize what “deactivated in endgame” means. It doesn’t just mean deactivated when you’re on hook and the exit gates are 99’d/opened and you get unhooked and are running to the gate. “Deactivated in endgame” means AS SOON as the last generator is done. Ever since this patch I used OTR and I actually stopped using it days after the update because some games i wouldn’t need it to activate because a killer didn’t tunnel but then there was some games where I literally looped the killer for the last 4 gens and ended up dying and being hooked right before the last gen was completed. At this point, the exit gates weren’t even touched yet because it was right after the gen was completed and I was unhooked and tunneled and put right back on hook. Even if I had DS or OTR activated, I would’ve still had to loop the killer after getting hit for a little bit in order to survive long enough for the exit gates to be worked on and opened, or I would’ve had to lose the killer. It’s not a “free escape” at all. That’s actually what’s called a “free kill” for the killer. It should not deactivate right when the last gen is popped. It’s not a free escape at that time and my perks shouldn’t just deactivate for a pity kill.

    You call them bias killer mains and you're the salty survior main who can't get out for free anymore. Love it.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104615#Comment_3104615

    So you mean you should tunnel every survivor form the start of the game?

    If forum killers are going to jump high and low to defend tunnelling and camping, you might as well use it and refer to it as a balancing baseline.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Yeah if NOED and No Way Out are a thing then DS and OTR should also activate at the endgame.

    If Corrupt Intervention is a thing then DS and OTR should only activate for the first 120 seconds. Oh wait, I'm comparing completely different perks and that's dumb.

    Both of those perks ONLY activate at endgame, so if you want them to be equivalent, then how about NOED being active from the get go like DS and OTR? Oh wait, that's dumb too.

  • @Sally_S_gay_son said:

    I agree

    if you did not use ds up until that point you played with 3 perks all match (which is what people use to defend noed), DS is a one time use powerful perk and if it grants you an escape it is what it is, it's actually killer's fault they were in that situarion to begin with.

    This change is actually the only truly bs change from this patch, it's like here let's go extra way to help bad killers for not being able to get kills before the gens popped

    There is still a huge difference between NOED and DS.

    NOED is only active during the endgame, it cannot be used during any point in the match, and even during the endgame, it can still be easily removed by the survivors. Plus NOED is preventable and can be permanently disabled when active by cleansing (which is made easier by the nerfs).

    Decisive Strike on the other hand is designed to be used at the beginning or middle of the match. Having it work in the end has it's own set of problems in which it becomes problematic. Since you could use it at in point in a match, getting tunneled and on deathhook? Well you can ditch that endgame strategy and use it right then and there, the game isnt forcing you to only use it during endgame (and with NOED, the game is forcing you to).

    During the endgame, I was thrown into situations where a recently unhooked survivor could guarantee the escape of not only themselves but others because they bodyblock the unhooker, knowing they have a free escape from DS. What is the killer suppose to do? Walk around? Well, they are blocking the way. I am actively going out of my way to not tunnel but getting punished for not tunneling by an anti-tunneling perk. It's horrible design.

    Also not every killer is bad just because they dont kill survivors before the endgame. I dont use slowdown perks (mind that I face Commodious Toolboxes, Prove Thyself, and BNPs every match Ive played so far), I dont camp or tunnel, and often get put into endgame situations where I can pull back a win from the survivors since the pressure is on them. Sometimes I win, sometimes I dont, but I am by no means bad, I am actively shooting myself in the foot by using self-imposed rules that others expect me to do because I want to avoid being harassed post-game and even then I still get complaints when I play killer.

    If you want to complain about anything with Decisive Strike, I would recommend the stun duration, mainly since a huge portion of the stun duration is taken up by the animation of dropping the survivor. That is something I want the developers to revert. Keep DS being disabled during the endgame, change the stun time or fix the animation to not take up so much of the stun duration.

  • @ACleverName4Me said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104181#Comment_3104181

    You call them bias killer mains and you're the salty survior main who can't get out for free anymore. Love it.

    Yet again Somebody who doesn’t fully comprehend reading everything before joining a convo.. love it. I said “EITHER you’re biased killer mains or you don’t fully understand the meaning of the term endgame”. 1) who said I was salty? I’m simplyI guess showing them their flawed logic. 2) who said I wanted to “get out for free”? If you actually read what I said, you would’ve realized what I meant. the devs stated they wanted to deactivate it because it was a free escape. “A lose/lose for the killer” but the current deactivation of the perk isn’t a free escape if you get unhooked before once the exit gates are finished and no doors have been worked on it’s no where near considered a “free escape”. That survivor still has to loop and survive until the exit gate is opened and still has to run to the exit gate. It’s not a free escape, it’s currently a free kill because their perk is deactivated. What would make this more fair is if the perk was deactivated once the exit gates were opened. That solution brings more fair counterplay for both sides without totally just disregarding a perk or 2 that the survivor brought in just so the killer can get a pity kill. And just so you don’t bother me with more nonsense that I’ve already explained, I’ll add this so you can read it also.

    @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104458#Comment_3104458

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104516#Comment_3104516

    And to add to that, you can hit another survivor get them scared and push them and get them to run to the door and open it. Or If the survivor gets unhooked and they’re running towards the exit gate, if they open the door and down them, guess what? You can immediately pick them up even if it’s only been 20 seconds because DS would be activated. Or if you’re chasing them and down them before they get to the door, just open it yourself and guess what? Deactivated DS. Feel free to pick the survivor up and hook them again

    i appreciate you attempting to make a “gotcha” moment for yourself, but you might want to actually read a persons whole convo before you talk and make yourself be the one who gets laughed at instead lmfao. Weird

  • DS and NOED made the endgame fun now endgame Is super dull that's all I have to say

  • It’s EGC. That means every survivor for themselves, get out. It’s not time for horsing around and abuse perks to annoy the player playing killer.

  • OTR being active during Endgame i wouldn't mind

    DS being active during Endgame however...yeah, no, I've had enough people DS me at the exit gates to last me a lifetime

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    It’s EGC. That means every survivor for themselves, get out. It’s not time for horsing around and abuse perks to annoy the player playing killer.

    If you still have it In EGC you deserve to use it and 9 times out of 10 that's the only time I need it the most

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    It’s EGC. That means every survivor for themselves, get out. It’s not time for horsing around and abuse perks to annoy the player playing killer.

    It’s not just EGC btw it’s once the last gen gets completed. 2 completely different parts of the game

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104683#Comment_3104683

    Yet again Somebody who doesn’t fully comprehend reading everything before joining a convo.. love it. I said “EITHER you’re biased killer mains or you don’t fully understand the meaning of the term endgame”. 1) who said I was salty? I’m simplyI guess showing them their flawed logic. 2) who said I wanted to “get out for free”? If you actually read what I said, you would’ve realized what I meant. the devs stated they wanted to deactivate it because it was a free escape. “A lose/lose for the killer” but the current deactivation of the perk isn’t a free escape if you get unhooked before once the exit gates are finished and no doors have been worked on it’s no where near considered a “free escape”. That survivor still has to loop and survive until the exit gate is opened and still has to run to the exit gate. It’s not a free escape, it’s currently a free kill because their perk is deactivated. What would make this more fair is if the perk was deactivated once the exit gates were opened. That solution brings more fair counterplay for both sides without totally just disregarding a perk or 2 that the survivor brought in just so the killer can get a pity kill. And just so you don’t bother me with more nonsense that I’ve already explained, I’ll add this so you can read it also.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104565#Comment_3104565

    i appreciate you attempting to make a “gotcha” moment for yourself, but you might want to actually read a persons whole convo before you talk and make yourself be the one who gets laughed at instead lmfao. Weird

    Lol

  • Yeah if the person you're tunneling is absolute dog water. Most of the times if they're good, you'll end up with one kill, most of the time it being them.

  • Having a key for a 3-man hatch escape was a strategy too. Let's bring that back!

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Free Escapes are a strategy?

    And facecamp a surv at egc is a strategy?

  • It is, and it is a strategy with counterplay, as survivors can take actions that can result in everyone still getting out. If DS was active during the endgame, there is literally nothing the killer can do to counter it.

  • It's literally the only strategy. The killer has literally nothing else to do.

    You have one survivor on the hook, you know any other survivors are either A. on an exit gate and will have it open before you get to them, or B. lurking around for a hook recue.

    If you go for A, you guarantee B, and everyone escapes.

    Some of you really need to play killer and it shows.

  • @D2night said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3104773#Comment_3104773

    It’s not just EGC btw it’s once the last gen gets completed. 2 completely different parts of the game

    Either way the game is done. Run.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3103836#Comment_3103836

    that is stronger than old ds. I already see survivors using dead hard-decisive strike-off the record when I'm playing blight. Its not on every survivor yet but taking 2 ds, 2 off the record and dealing with dead hard. big oof for killer. not losing to it yet, but taking 2 decisive strikes is definitely going to hurt.

    the meta build i am starting to see on survivor is DS+DH+OTR+Prove thyself.... why did start using that prove thyself perk.... ugh i liked it better when people weren't using that one.

    Theyre using it because of the increased gen times and the slowdown killers usually have..

1 2 ›