So I just won like 3 survivor games in a row.
And I'll tell you why.
The meta changed. People have begun to figure out, that stealth is king. It isn't worth your time to even begin a chase, it's gonna end with you down. So wait. Listen. Their terror radius approaches. You see them. They are patroling the gens. Wait for them to leave. They leave. You jump on gen. Out of the corner of your eye comes the other survivor you hadn't even noticed. Nice. That makes great use of your Prove Thy Self. You two sit on then gen. This killer knows that gens take forever now. They been getting 4k's with 5 gens untouched for two days now. They aren't paying attention. Bing, well look at that! Is that a gen down without even so much as a hit? How did that happen? Then bing, another gen. Now I'm freaking out. #########? How did this happen? All the while, that Killer, OMFG what is happening? What? No! Why? and then, the game is afoot! Guess what! We have beaten you! We found your weakness, and we have exploited it! Now what good sir! Can you defend these next three?!
Oh man, I'm telling you. Good times, good times. Glad to be here.
Comments
Good killers don't get beaten by stealth.
The question is how many games have you won against killers running 4 regression perks?
Glad you're enjoying it, but who's getting 4ks with 0 gens finished? Killers going up against brand-new players?
This game started off as "Hide and Seek" and turned into "Tag" as survivors got more and more buffs and perks that let them evade killers for potentially the entire game. While I can just straight up tell you "you will always go down in a chase" it just flat-out not true, I'm glad that some of the Hide And Go Seek is coming back.
Even if it means these forums get flooded by people making fake accounts to spam "survivor is dead!" posts instead of literally trying any kind of different build.
I predicted that stealth gen rushing would become the new meta since the patch discourages any interaction between killer and survivor.
Sounds like a snoozefest imo id rather play Fortnite
Good stealth won't get detected by killers.
Man at first I really wanted to argue with you but then after reanalignzing what you said, I realize we are actually on the same team.
So here's the thing, make killer as strong as you ######### want, the result is going to be people hiding in stealth. The survivors will create a meta to counter whatever it is that is happening at the moment, looking at whatever wins they can (1, 2 gens a game) and eventually they will figure out how to get to 5, and to correct to this issue, killers will begin to create builds to counter it, and bada bing bada, you've got yourself a meta that relies upon the idea that the survivor usually doesn't win, unless they are doing a really good job at not getting downed and working on the gen.
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.
I do see a rise in stealth play and gen rushing builds. Sadly I only liked the chase on the survivor side of things
Im calling low MMR on this one, no actual good killer gets beat by stealth.....bottom of the barrel MMR matches here.
"Don't get found" has never been a good strategy against killers that are paying attention.
Good killers tend to pay attention.
I mean… if the killer isn’t running Lethal, what are they gonna do? Check behind every rock?
Either way, OP’s advice doesnt do much for me. I actively try to get the killer’s attention, but they’re always too busy killing my teammates first
To what?
Take their aura reading (OTR, Distortion), they got an aura from across the map with BBQ? Let them come. They didn't see #########.
They decided to slug? Unbreakable, Tenacity to get away (Which BTW, super effective near a repaired gen, Tenacity and GTFO of there and to safety and you won't regret it)
They were listening closely? OTR and Iron Will can negate that.
There isn't ######### any killer, period, can do against stealth.
Actually, I stand corrected, there is 1 killer who can completely decimate stealth, and that's legion.
Legion ######### up stealth is why you are seeing such successful legion games. Remove the ability to track all survivor's at all times, and Legion ain't #########.
Which mean's make sure you win't immediately healing. That dude relies on seeing you NOT with deep wounds.
Good survivors also pay attention too!
The issue with this topic is that you only care about winning the match, and suggesting to do so by avoiding an entire game mechanic (chasing).
At that point, you're playing Gen Mechanic Simulator. If you have fun doing that just to win, then good for you. But the rest of us want to play the entirety of Dead By Daylight and we want to have fun doing so.
I'm pretty sure plenty people love hiding though, lot of people choose relatively silent/dark color survivors
Also Iron will was meta despite all it does is help them stealth.
uh-huh, and i'm not claiming there aren't people who enjoy it.
Does not change the fact that this OP started a topic just about winning matches, and a lot of people care about fun more than just winning.
Saying "iron will was meta despite it only helping with stealth" is an over-simplification. By that phrasing, you could go and compare it to Urban Evasion which also "only helps with stealth"... I feel like I shouldn't have to explain how valuable it is to silence loud moaning noises to prevent the killer from knowing exactly where you are when injured.
Time for killers to use stealth too.
The counter to stealthing survivors is camping. I don't think we really need more of either.