Game Balance Attempt

I'd appreciate if you would be critical regarding these changes. I would like to cover all angles with this list. Name something you have issue with and let me know why. If something is unclear, let me know that as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hook Change:

The Killer can no longer grab a healthy survivor unhooking, only an injured survivor can be grabbed.

New Status Effects:

Perseverance:

Upon being unhooked, gain the Perseverance status effect for 60 seconds. While this effect is active, being grabbed or picked up by the Killer will trigger an extended pickup animation of 5 seconds where the survivor will attempt to fight for dear life. Perseverance will disable when being picked up or grabbed, performing a conspicuous action, taking a protection hit, another survivor is hooked, or when the exit gates are powered.

Ties of Light:

When a survivor is hooked, all survivor actions will glow white for survivors for 4 seconds every 12 seconds (4 seconds on, 8 seconds off). The aura will turn from white to yellow based on action progress. This includes healing, totems, generators, and other channeling actions.

Conspicuous Action Change:

Added being healed to healthy to list of conspicuous actions.

------------------------------------------------------------------

New Item Mechanic:

Relic:

The Relic will spawn within the map upon a survivor being downed. It's aura will be revealed to all and will remain for as long as a single survivor is downed or hooked. The Relic can be picked up and channeled by survivors. Upon channeling, the Relic will pause the bleed-out timer and hook progression of the current downed or hooked survivor. The Relic has a usage duration of 90 seconds and will be removed from the trial when charges are consumed.

The Relic has three potential spawning locations: where the basement did not spawn or one of two exit gates -- it will prefer the furthest location from the current downed or hooked survivor.

If the survivor drops the Relic, it will vanish and respawn so long as a single survivor is downed or hooked. While channeling the Relic, the survivor can move freely but cannot perform any actions (similar to how survivors remove crows by Artist). After channeling, the Relic is bound to that survivor and will prevent the dropping of the Relic for 10 seconds.

While channeling to halt the hook progression and bleed-out timer, the entity becomes enraged, causing all generators to give continuous skill checks (like 'Merciless Storm' without the blocking) after 5 seconds and a sound cue. If a survivor working on a generator misses a skill check, normal regression will be applied along with a loud noise notification for the killer; the continuous skill check will pause for 3 seconds after the failed check attempt.

If the Killer hits the survivor holding the Relic, all generators will be blocked for 15 seconds.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Perks:

Killer Nerfs:

Generator repair penalties now cap at 25%. This this is to prevent the stacking of gen repairing speed debuff perks.

Current example we will use is Hex: Pentimento and max Thanatophobia, 30% and 22% respectively.

Current Math: 90 c / (1 - (0.30 + (0.30 * 0.22)) c/s = 141.96 s

New Math: 90 c / (1 - 0.25) c/s = 120 s


Eruption:

Generator regression from 10% total to 10% of current progress. Incapacitated affect from 25 s to 16 s.

Fearmonger:

Does not affect Ties of Light aura reading.

Hex: Pentimento:

Reduced Repair speed penalty to 25%.

Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance:

Generator regression penalty from 15% total to 15% progress. Added if the generator with the highest progress is currently regressing, that generator regresses by 10% instead of 15%.

Thanatophobia:

Reduces the current penalty from 5.5% to 4.5%.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Killer Buffs:

Beast of Prey:

Now also removes chase music upon reaching bloodlust.

Blood Echo:

Removed Cooldown

Claustrophobia:

Extended duration of effect from 30 seconds to 90 seconds and can only affect the last generator completed. When the exit gates are powered, the duration will be removed, and the effect will remain indefinitely around the last gen completed.

Death-bound:

Removed the 32 meters away condition.

Fire Up:

Increased stacking gains from 4% to 4.5%. Total increased from 20% to 22.5%.

Furtive Chase:

Now gain a token when a survivor is hooked.

Gearhead:

Now will reveal the aura of great skill checks for 10 seconds, no condition.

Hangman's Trick:

Increased range from 6 m to 8 m.

Hex: Huntress Lullaby:

Totem is now lit upon first hooked survivor.

Hex: Ruin:

Totem is now lit upon survivor letting go of a gen before completion.

Hex: Third Seal

Totem is now lit upon first hit.

Iron Maiden:

Now reveals survivor aura for 4 seconds.

Nemesis:

Increased aura reading from 4 s to 6 s.

Overwhelming Presence:

This effect is now map wide.

Septic Touch:

Survivors now suffer from the oblivious status effect.

Territorial Imperative:

Now reveals the auras of survivors within the basement, no cooldown, no condition.

Unnerving Presence:

Added the increase of Killer terror radius by 8 m.

Unrelenting:

Increased missed attack cooldown reduction from 30% to 40%.

Zanshin Tactics:

The auras will change red for the duration a survivor interacts with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Survivor Buffs:

Blood Pact:

Removed ties to obsession and will now work on the last survivor healed.

Calm Spirit:

Reduced action speed penalty from 30% to 15%. Action now suppresses sounds of pain. Action now silences chest opening.

Clairvoyance:

Now activates upon completing any action on a totem, for up to 5 totems. Interacting with another totem resets the timer. Range is reduced from 64 m to 48m. Duration extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

Corrective Action:

Increase obtainable stacks from 5 to 10.

Guardian:

Extended effect from 8 seconds to 20 seconds. Deactivates on conspicuous action.

Poised:

Effect extended from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Killer Balance:

Nurse:

Blink attacks are now considered special attacks and will not trigger basic attack effects from perks.

Add on's:

Kavanagh's Last Breath:

Reduced blink range and charge time from 30% to 16%.

Heavy Panting:

Reduced blink range and charge time from 20% to 8%.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Blight:

Add on's:

Compound Thirty-Three:

Increased stun duration from 1.5 s to 2.5 s.

Alchemist's Ring:

Upon hitting a survivor with a rush attack, instantly recover half of your rush tokens.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Spirit:

Add on's:

Mother-Daughter Ring:

Reduced movement speed gains from 40% to 30%.

Kaiun Talisman:

Reduced phasing duration increase from 20% to 12%.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadako:

Can now move freely through windows when demanifested.

Old Newspaper is now base kit with Sadako, percentage increase from 33% to 40% (Increases manifestation invisibility duration).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quality of Life:

Consume Blood-Web:

Clicking and holding the center of the blood web for 3 seconds will instantly purchase all addons and randomly give half of the perks available, rounding up. The Blood Points required will be shown upon highlighting the center.

Lobby:

Now hides the survivor character prestige for Killer.

In-game HUD:

Now shows if a survivor is in chase regardless of if they are the obsession with mini entity claws.

Comments

  • That breakable window idea is really intriguing and I like it. I think it should have a long animation at maybe 3+ seconds so the killer has a harder decision in chase.

    I would love to be able to break some of the atrocious windows that made it into Garden of Joy and Haddonfield. Some of those windows are so bad I would automatically break them if I followed a survivor to them even if breaking the window took 4 seconds.

  • @jesterkind said:

    By and large I think these perk changes are mostly decent, a few I would have some minor quibbles with but nothing that I'd want to devote time to in a response that's sure to be lengthy enough on its own lol. I feel the same way about the killer changes too-- I honestly don't think Nurse should have range or recharge addons at all given how strong her power is without those benefits, but reducing what she has down to something more manageable is a perfectly legitimate angle. Making her attacks special attacks is also long overdue.

    Blight and Spirit I don't have the knowledge to speak on confidently, but I do know people want those addons nerfed so attempting to tackle them at all is another plus. Good stuff there!

    Now, on to the meat of the suggestions- the new mechanics and basekit changes!

    I'll tackle them in order here:

    Breakable Windows: I am somewhat wary about making this a blanket thing for all non-tile windows (by which I assume you mean things like Haddonfield house windows?), because I think some of those are probably going to be a problem if they're broken. If nothing else it'd do pretty dramatic damage to a survivor's options on Lery's, haha. Still, the idea of it is pretty sound so it could easily be something folded into maps alongside non-tile windows like breakable walls were- I'd like to see it tested before I sign off but the idea is interesting.

    Perseverance: A basekit version of DS isn't the worst idea in the world, but I am somewhat concerned as to how easy it would be to abuse. With the Conspicuous Actions change it'd be mediated a little, but I'd also want to suggest adding entering a locker to the list, just so people can't force a stun aggressively. Once again, it'd need testing, but the idea isn't inherently ridiculous-- DS only hits you if you're tunnelling in the majority of cases, and this would be no different.

    Ties of Light: If I'm reading this right, this is basically a budget Kindred for solo queue players, right? An indication at steady intervals as to where your teammates are, so you can make an informed decision? I'm not against it but I'd rather just see the teammate aura of Kindred made basekit, and have the perk also show the killer's aura. I respect attempting to give Kindred use still, but I think it's one of those perks that should be used less often than it is, because it's a perk that people feel they need instead of one they want to bring.

    The Relic: This one I need a bit more explanation on- is this a static object, or an item you can pick up? Either way, I'm not quite sure what the idea is supposed to be-- anti-camp, I think? Something to force the killer away from the hook so they can chase the Relic's holder and get generator blocking, in exchange for letting survivors get a save? If that's the goal, it's interesting, but needs a little more refining. My assumption is that the skill checks are meant to be what gives the killer some direction to move towards, but I don't like that one player can mess up their teammates by picking up the Relic when they don't expect it- instead of that, how would you feel about the Relic's holder having their aura revealed to the killer? That way the killer is pushed towards the place where they'd get clear and obvious value, and there's a little risk associated with being the one that holds the Relic.

    If I've misunderstood any of that do let me know!

    Overall, I think these ideas have legs. With some refining they'd be quite viable.

    Awesome feedback, I appreciate it. You got everything on the nose outside of the relic. I didn't have the intention of making it an item at first, but now that you say it, I like that idea. Letting everyone know that someone has picked up the relic is definitely necessary. I assume it would be similar to Pin-Head's Box, get a sound cue then have an aura reading on top of that. A few seconds after the sound cue, the skill checks would begin.

    Honestly, I didn't consider Lery's. Maybe change non-tile to house windows? It wouldn't affect every map but when I think about obnoxious windows, they involve houses.

    I thought about the locker thing with DS before and yeah, that is probably for the best.

    Appreciate ya for weighing in.

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    That breakable window idea is really intriguing and I like it. I think it should have a long animation at maybe 3+ seconds so the killer has a harder decision in chase.

    I would love to be able to break some of the atrocious windows that made it into Garden of Joy and Haddonfield. Some of those windows are so bad I would automatically break them if I followed a survivor to them even if breaking the window took 4 seconds.

    Yeah those windows are miserable. Even a 3 second animation would be worth it.

  • Changed Relic description. Changed non-tile window to house windows within the breakable windows section.

  • "Eruption:

    Generator regression from 10% to 8%. Incapacitated affect from 25 s to 16 s."

    dude, stop! I wanna report u...

    This perk was recently with these values, and you want to make it weak again, it is not very good with these values ​​either. Oh my god

    "Territorial Imperative:

    Now reveals the auras of survivors within the basement, no cooldown, no condition."

    hello basement trapper and hag?

    "Clairvoyance:

    Now activates upon completing any action on a totem, for up to 5 totems. Interacting with another totem resets the timer. Range is reduced from 64 m to 48m. Duration extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds."

    Its meaning was originally to search for hooks, gens and a hatch, and not to abuse window tech.

  • @FeryGEN said:

    "Eruption:

    Generator regression from 10% to 8%. Incapacitated affect from 25 s to 16 s."

    dude, stop! I wanna report u...

    This perk was recently with these values, and you want to make it weak again, it is not very good with these values ​​either. Oh my god

    "Territorial Imperative:

    Now reveals the auras of survivors within the basement, no cooldown, no condition."

    hello basement trapper and hag?

    "Clairvoyance:

    Now activates upon completing any action on a totem, for up to 5 totems. Interacting with another totem resets the timer. Range is reduced from 64 m to 48m. Duration extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds."

    Its meaning was originally to search for hooks, gens and a hatch, and not to abuse window tech.

    Gen regression should not be as strong as it is. That is why everyone uses slowdown. We need build variety and nerfs to slowdown is the only way to do it.

    If they want to waste a perk slot to see auras, then go for it. You already want Agitation, Iron Grasp, Monstrous Shrine, MYC, Pain Resonance, the list continues. I'd rather them waste a perk slot on this than MYC.

    I don't understand what you mean by abuse window tech. I'm attempting to make the irrelevant perks worth running. I'm not hardcore set on it but I don't see how this is a bad change.

  • Hardcore debating just giving kindred base. Kindred would need a new effect. Not too sure yet.

  • Reworded Relic for clarity.

  • Added Hook change. Included calculation for gen repair penalties.

  • What is this cringe? yea nerf killers again after they became playable after a year.

  • @kaskader said:

    What is this cringe? yea nerf killers again after they became playable after a year.

    Nerfing slowdown is not nerfing killers. You do not need slowdown to have a good game as killer anymore with good survivors. If anything, the buff to breaking house windows makes up for it. I play more killer than anything and I know how obnoxious those windows are. If you have specific input, say it. A blanket statement gets us both nowhere.

  • Changed description of Perseverance to not include self unhooks.

    I kind of feel deliverance would get a little too strong if I didn't add that in.

  • @SekiSeki said:

    First off, I absolutely love the patch and I am hyped that there will be more changes like these in the future to create an everchanging meta. I think that is the best thing for the game.

    This post will cover the topics that seem to be most problematic within the game: mechanics, perks, killers. I probably missed something so don't shoot me.

    By no means do I think these will solve all the potential problems or make everyone happy, I only hope to spark your mind and inspire new solutions, it can be fun to speculate on game balance as long as it is done in healthy way. Now on to it.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    New Breakable Windows:

    All house window vaults are now breakable by the killer and will act similar to breakable walls, leaving an opening of a doorway.

    Hook Change:

    The Killer can no longer grab a healthy survivor unhooking, only an injured survivor can be grabbed.

    New Status Effects:

    Perseverance:

    Upon being unhooked by another survivor, gain the Perseverance status effect for 60 seconds. While this effect is active, when being grabbed or picked up by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check to automatically escape their grasp, stunning them for 3.5 seconds. This effect will continue for the entire duration, affecting multiple pickups. Perseverance will disable when performing a conspicuous action, taking a protection hit for another survivor, if another survivor is hooked, or when the exit gates are powered.

    Ties of Light:

    When a survivor is hooked, all survivor actions will glow yellow for survivors for 4 seconds every 12 seconds (4 seconds on, 8 seconds off). This includes healing, totems, generators, and other channeling actions.

    Conspicuous Action Change:

    Added being healed one health state to list of conspicuous actions.

    Added entering a locker to list of conspicuous actions.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    New Mechanic:

    Relic:

    The Relic will spawn within the map upon a survivor being downed. It's aura will be revealed to all and will remain for as long as a single survivor is downed or hooked. The Relic can be picked up and channeled by survivors. Upon channeling, the Relic will pause the bleed-out timer and hook progression of the current downed or hooked survivor. The Relic has a usage duration of 90 seconds and will be removed from the trial when charges are consumed.

    The Relic has three potential spawning locations: where the basement did not spawn or one of two exit gates -- it will prefer the furthest location from the current downed or hooked survivor.

    If the survivor drops the Relic, it will vanish and respawn so long as a single survivor is downed or hooked. While channeling the Relic, the survivor can move freely but cannot perform any actions (similar to how survivors remove crows by Artist). After channeling, the Relic is bound to that survivor and will prevent the dropping of the Relic for 10 seconds.

    While channeling, the entity becomes enraged, causing all generators to give continuous skill checks (like 'Merciless Storm' without the blocking) after 5 seconds and a sound cue. If a survivor working on a generator misses a skill check, normal regression will be applied along with a loud noise notification for the killer; the continuous skill check will pause for 3 seconds after the failed check attempt.

    If the Killer hits the survivor holding the Relic, all generators will be blocked for 15 seconds.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Perks:

    Killer Nerfs:

    Generator repair penalties now stack multiplicatively and not additively. This acts as a diminishing return toward gen repairing speed debuffs, similar to how healing speed diminishes when stacked with Self Care.

    Current example we will use is Hex: Pentimento and max Thanatophobia, 30% and 22% respectively.

    Current Math: 90 c / (1 - (0.30 + 0.22) c/s = 187.5 s

    New Math: 90 c / (1 - (0.30 + (0.30 * 0.22)) c/s = 141.96 s

    Eruption:

    Generator regression from 10% to 8%. Incapacitated affect from 25 s to 16 s.

    Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance:

    Generator regression penalty from 15% to 10%.

    Thanatophobia:

    Reduces the current penalty from 5.5% to 4.5%.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Killer Buffs:

    Beast of Prey:

    Now also removes chase music upon reaching bloodlust.

    Blood Echo:

    Removed Cooldown

    Claustrophobia:

    Extended duration of effect from 30 seconds to 90 seconds and can only affect the last generator completed. When the exit gates are powered, the duration will be removed, and the effect will remain indefinitely around the last gen completed.

    Death-bound:

    Removed the 32 meters away condition.

    Fire Up:

    Increased stacking gains from 4% to 4.5%. Total increased from 20% to 22.5%.

    Furtive Chase:

    Now gain a token when a survivor is hooked.

    Gearhead:

    Now will reveal the aura of great skill checks for 10 seconds, no condition.

    Hangman's Trick:

    Increased range from 6 m to 8 m.

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby:

    Totem is now lit upon first hooked survivor.

    Hex: Ruin:

    Totem is now lit upon survivor letting go of a gen before competition.

    Hex: Third Seal

    Totem is now lit upon first hit.

    Iron Maiden:

    Now reveals survivor aura for 4 seconds.

    Nemesis:

    Increased aura reading from 4 s to 6 s.

    Overwhelming Presence:

    This effect is now map wide.

    Septic Touch:

    Survivors now suffer from the oblivious status effect.

    Territorial Imperative:

    Now reveals the auras of survivors within the basement, no cooldown, no condition.

    Unnerving Presence:

    Added the increase of Killer terror radius by 8 m.

    Unrelenting:

    Increased missed attack cooldown reduction from 30% to 40%.

    Zanshin Tactics:

    The auras will change red for the duration a survivor interacts with them.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Survivor Nerfs:

    Circle of Healing:

    Now does not work additively with other healing speed gains but multiplicatively. (Targets Botany)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Survivor Buffs:

    Decisive Strike:

    When under the effect of Perseverance, strike with greater might and add an addition 1.5 seconds to the stunning of the killer (Total 5 second stun).

    Blood Pact:

    Removed ties to obsession and will now work on the last survivor healed.

    Calm Spirit:

    Reduced action speed penalty from 30% to 15%.

    Clairvoyance:

    Now activates upon completing any action on a totem, for up to 5 totems. Interacting with another totem resets the timer. Range is reduced from 64 m to 48m. Duration extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

    Corrective Action:

    Increase obtainable stacks from 5 to 10.

    Guardian:

    Extended effect from 8 seconds to 20 seconds. Deactivates on conspicuous action.

    Poised:

    Effect extended from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Killer Balance:

    Nurse:

    Blink attacks are now considered special attacks and will not trigger basic attack effects from perks.

    Add on's:

    Kavanagh's Last Breath:

    Reduced blink range and charge time from 30% to 16%.

    Heavy Panting:

    Reduced blink range and charge time from 20% to 8%.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Blight:

    Add on's:

    Compound Thirty-Three:

    Increased stun duration from 1.5 s to 2.5 s.

    Alchemist's Ring:

    Upon hitting a survivor with a rush attack, instantly recover half of your rush tokens.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Spirit:

    Add on's:

    Mother-Daughter Ring:

    Reduced movement speed gains from 40% to 30%.

    Kaiun Talisman:

    Reduced phasing duration increase from 20% to 12%.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'll add more when I get further perspective. I know this is heavily survivor sided but to be fair, the patch pushed heavily in favor of the killer, which was definitely needed. I love how the patch helped lower tier killers, but unfortunately, it did the same for higher tier. I can play low end killers without needing to bring 4 slowdown and still have a game last longer than 5 minutes, it's wonderful. I feel like that is how the game should go. Slowdown perks should not be necessary, nor should they be oppressive.

    Please give input, whichever side of the fence you are on, let me hear it. I'd appreciate if you gave feedback, but I know where I am asking so I don't expect much of it.

    Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance:

    Generator regression penalty from 15% to 10%. Should also change it so that it does not apply its affect to Gens already regressing it pairs too well with other perks


    Eruption:

    Generator regression from 10% to 8%. Incapacitated affect from 25 s to 16 s. I would say keep it at 10 and reduce incap to 20 the perk already requires killer to kick the gen then get a down but yea 25 seconds is a bit much

  • @SekiSeki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3081663#Comment_3081663

    Nerfing slowdown is not nerfing killers. You do not need slowdown to have a good game as killer anymore with good survivors. If anything, the buff to breaking house windows makes up for it. I play more killer than anything and I know how obnoxious those windows are. If you have specific input, say it. A blanket statement gets us both nowhere.

    This is true i only bring one regression perk now and have been using Enduring and Brutal alot more

  • @Jokersmile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/335824/game-balance-attempt

    Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance:

    Generator regression penalty from 15% to 10%. Should also change it so that it does not apply its affect to Gens already regressing it pairs too well with other perks

    That is an interesting idea, though would it not hurt the survivors more in some cases?

    Example, you have Call of Brine and Pain Resonance.

    The survivors have two gens nearing completion. One gen is 95% and the other is 80%. The 80% has survivors actively working on it and the 95% has a downed survivor next to it. The killer kicks the 95% gen and hooks that survivor on a scourge that hits the 80% gen because that is the highest that is not actively regressing. Now both gens are pressured by the killer. The only person that knew about the 95% gen is on a hook and that is going down with CoB.

    I know that is niche but that is what I thought when you mentioned it.

  • @SekiSeki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082663#Comment_3082663

    That is an interesting idea, though would it not hurt the survivors more in some cases?

    Example, you have Call of Brine and Pain Resonance.

    The survivors have two gens nearing completion. One gen is 95% and the other is 80%. The 80% has survivors actively working on it and the 95% has a downed survivor next to it. The killer kicks the 95% gen and hooks that survivor on a scourge that hits the 80% gen because that is the highest that is not actively regressing. Now both gens are pressured by the killer. The only person that knew about the 95% gen is on a hook and that is going down with CoB.

    I know that is niche but that is what I thought when you mentioned it.

    I mean yeah its something that could happen but as a killer main if i want a regression build Pain Res is gonna be in there because it always targets the gen with the most completion you can kick the gen with overcharge, COB and eruption then hook and get 15% on top of that as it is right now its just too much not so much because its only 15% but the way it works with other perks even jolt is too good with it

  • @Jokersmile said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082717#Comment_3082717

    I mean yeah its something that could happen but as a killer main if i want a regression build Pain Res is gonna be in there because it always targets the gen with the most completion you can kick the gen with overcharge, COB and eruption then hook and get 15% on top of that as it is right now its just too much

    I see your point. What about a diminished effect if it hits a gen already regressing?

    Upon hooking on a scourge hook, the generator with the most progress will instantly regress 10%. If that gen is already regressing, then it will take 5% regression instead.

    Yeah, I don't like how you can stack regression like that. I'll keep thinking on it, appreciate you bringing it up. Let me know what you think.

  • Added white to yellow intensity change for action progression of auras dealing with Ties of Light.

  • Added nerf to Fearmonger. The blindness seemed to counteract the intention of Ties of Light. Obliviousness should get more value for killer and be less detrimental for survivors.

    Let me know if this seems too much of a nerf.

  • Added Quality of Life Section. Changed introduction and removed closing remark.

  • Starting to think that Perseverance should be disabled upon stunning the killer.

    As someone else mentioned, it is a team-based play to save someone from being tunneled. One stun will tell everyone the killer is tunneling so that is their warning to act and save their teammate.

  • Breakable windows, no. This will be so op with current killer chase buffs.

    Hook change will be good nerf for camping.

    Perseverance, this looks so op. DS was alright, we don't need that.

    Ties of Light, good buff for solos.

    Being healed is not your decision. Survivor can heal you with For the People and you can not do anything about that. And then Bubba got you down and you no longer will use your DS. This does not look healthy change.

    I am not sure how Relic will works. So i have no opinion on that.

    Fearmonger does not need any nerf. It is alright perk. Oblivious effect will be so strong, i think this effect is good on Plaything. Which you have chance to remove it.

    Other perk changes looks alright.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Breakable windows, no. This will be so op with current killer chase buffs.

    Hook change will be good nerf for camping.

    Perseverance, this looks so op. DS was alright, we don't need that.

    Ties of Light, good buff for solos.

    Being healed is not your decision. Survivor can heal you with For the People and you can not do anything about that. And then Bubba got you down and you no longer will use your DS. This does not look healthy change.

    I am not sure how Relic will works. So i have no opinion on that.

    Fearmonger does not need any nerf. It is alright perk. Oblivious effect will be so strong, i think this effect is good on Plaything. Which you have chance to remove it.

    Other perk changes looks alright.

    Yes, I agree with you there but even the Haddonfield windows? Those just feel like time sinks with no way to stop them.

    Perseverance: Even the mini DS does? Was using that as a warning so other players know the killer is tunneling. Yeah, I see base kit ds as a lot but the mini one I could kind of see.

    The healing was to counteract people using no mither or exponential to abuse the base kit ds. I feel like it if was included this way, people would need to play around it, and a teammate healing the downed person, in some cases, would be a team mistake. Now that you mention it though, it makes me think people would intentionally sandbag another in this manner.

    Relic is meant to counter face camping.

    Fearmonger was changed to not suppress the Ties of Light buff. Though I do agree with you about the oblivious change, that should be for plaything.

    Got me thinking now, instead of the mini ds for perseverance, make it where it extends the pickup of that downed survivor. That survivor has a struggle animation before pickup. Maybe like 4-5 seconds before the pickup can start. Maybe make that have it's own flashlight save timing.

    I appreciate you giving your input, the perspective helps me with where I need to adjust and gets me thinking more.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Breakable windows, no. This will be so op with current killer chase buffs.

    Hook change will be good nerf for camping.

    Perseverance, this looks so op. DS was alright, we don't need that.

    Ties of Light, good buff for solos.

    Being healed is not your decision. Survivor can heal you with For the People and you can not do anything about that. And then Bubba got you down and you no longer will use your DS. This does not look healthy change.

    I am not sure how Relic will works. So i have no opinion on that.

    Fearmonger does not need any nerf. It is alright perk. Oblivious effect will be so strong, i think this effect is good on Plaything. Which you have chance to remove it.

    Other perk changes looks alright.

    Would like to know your opinion on that change to Perseverance.

  • Action speed penalties are already multiplicative. Only benefits are additive when stacking.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    Action speed penalties are already multiplicative. Only benefits are additive when stacking.

    I've never actually tested this myself; I didn't realize that was the case. Maybe then adding a cap of 30%.

    Thanks

  • Removed Breakable Windows. Overhauled Perseverance. Conspicuous action change. Fearmonger change. Changed regression penalty to cap at 25%.

  • @kaskader said:

    What is this cringe? yea nerf killers again after they became playable after a year.

    dude, after six years!

  • Added Calm Spirit buff.

  • Added in Sadako change.

1 2 ›