Please explain this.
I felt so bad when i saw his rank.



Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah, a rank 18 bubba with no addons. You can guess how he struggled.
I don't get what the hell happened with the matchmaking.
DBD matchmaking at its best.
The only thing thats surprising is that there is not a single low rank survivor (not that it woudl make a difference tbh)
I like to deal with rank 1 killers.
I don't give a flying toss about "toxicity", but destroying newbies is not cool, and will harm us in the long run (I definitely plan to keep playing dbd for a few years to come... scaring new players off is not good).
I hope you offered a few words of encouragement to the poor fellow after game!
More coming with "improved" matchmaking.....
Yes, but unfortunately a lot of high rank players prefer to verse low rank killers and play SWF with low rank survivors which puts them against less experienced killers
I think we did a pretty good job so far
Yeah i did. Poor newbie, i swear i didn't know!
It's far harder to rank up against trash killers than moderate to good killers. I've had games against really bad killers and barely black pipped because they didn't even injure anyone.
true XD painfully true, I went against a rank 1 doctor with ivory, tunneled, at the time I was rank 15, explain
Damn, that's crazy, lol. I've had weird matches in the past, but there's usually some sense to it, like the average of the survivor's ranks is equal to the killers. But this is something else, haha.
That sucks. =/
This is why telling me to just play SWFs to get better doesn't really work.
Either they're high rank, or deranked, and they're communicating.
Aside from the astronomical survivor score, that's about the average outcome for me.
Tbh, ranks might as well be nothing more than a display of your prowess, removed from matchmaking altogether. It avoids intentional abuse, shortens lobby times (especially at higher ranks), allows new players insight into what's going on at a higher level within the game(and whether they are qilling to get better at this game or not to be competitive), and best of all, the devs can stop justifying balance for lower ranks and actually balance for the initiated and those willing to put time into the game...
What? The problem was the matchmaking, not that poor guy facing swfs.
But then they couldn't toss a diatribe against swf that they dodge because they want easy matches then right?
They get that practically by default.
I am pretty sure more than 90% swf groups just want to play the game with their friends.
They would still choose to do so if they were facing stronger killers like extra perk slots.
Stating that, people shouldn't get triggered when killers dodge SWF groups. They are naturally stronger.
I would understand if one of us was a rank 20, but take a look on our ranks!
I shall explain it.
It's another normal day in DbD.
It's harder for a 4 man to get a group because solos pop in and basically take up a killer lobby, so matchmaking struggles on, and poof. Wild mismatch.
The upcoming changes should fix that, but we will have to see.
This is nothing new, it's just the matchmaking system failing miserably, as always.
Says who, your biased opinion or have you surveyed over 60k people and gotten their opinions? That's also incorrect because I've been in swf before and we get matched with 4k hour players who mop the floor with us. Lets also not forget all the rank 20 ish swf groups that killers clean house on.
Let's ignore evidence of SWFs gleefully mauling a killer. Dare I think it's a habit?
Hey, speaking of where we got our info, where did you get yours? I doubt it's any more reputable.
Between you, and me, where it's important here, your opinion doesn't weigh more than mine and is about as important as mine is to you.
The top of the mountain doesn't matter much when higher ranks can cheese the system and go against lower ranks, and call it teaching matches, or some such.
Or people playing on multiple accounts, one lower rank.
Or derankimg themselves
Or when things go haywire and 2 sides battle that have no business meeting.
Now where did I ever say that?
So someone posts a video of it happening, does that mean it happens every time?
Gee notice where I said I've been in matches and also how many rank 20ish forum posts there are complaining about it.
I never said it was but nice of you to point out the obvious.
That applies to both sides and the only way newer people will play this game if their friends want them to is to you know play with their friends. I mean unless you want people to buy an additional copy and never play it unless it's with someone brand new to the game. You'll obviously be willing to pay for each and every copy of the game for those people right?
Now if this isn't contradictory I don't know what is, you don't want high ranked players playing with their low ranked newbie friends. Now you're complaining about them playing low ranked accounts with said low ranked newbies. So their damned if they do and damned if they don't.
That seems to be a killer sided thing more than survivor sided thing judging by the comments on the forum.
Ok not sure exactly what this relates to here.
The answer is simple. The Entity hates this person.
SWFs are coordinated unless maybe someone just invites some random people and they have absolutely no data on one another the entire trial beyond what the game tells them.
Coordinated teams are tougher than uncoordinated ones. Right?
Because the game is generally easier for coordinated teams?
When you, and others are saying that filtering SWFs will basically destroy the game, it says a lot to me.
So, yeah, must happen enough.
I mean if SWFs weren't putting killers through the wringer on the regular I doubt it would be an issue.
Hey, I've got experience in the game, too. Just because it's contrary to yours doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Hence the talk about opinions.
Glad we're on the same page about each other's opinions, now, too.
Not sure how killers can join up with other killers with the Express desire to kill low rank killers.
Yeah, they derank, but it's harder to do that than it is to join mismatched rank survivors, and go to town when the lowest rank determines the killer rank. Or protect lower ranks to teach them, or boost them.
Killers are going to have a hell of a time organizing public teaching matches. It's not like KYF is in normal gameplay like SWF.
I'm not saying that SWF shouldn't exist. Not saying people shouldn't SWF how they want, either.
Hey, play how you want.
Just know people are going to react to high rank players in what ever form deciding to kick around low rank people.
That's it.
Definitely not trying to tell people how to play the game, unlike people basically demanding I just vs SWFs, which, apparently will include the dev team. Heck, it does. I've see one Express that sentiment.
It's going to basically become rule of law with the new matchmaking system.
I can't remember when I said people should stop doing something. Might have suggested people slow down some, killers and survivors alike, though.
I'll grant you depipping is more talked about, and probably done more by killers. Then again survivors can more easily go kicking around low ranks.
Not sure what things going haywire and 2 sides meeting that shouldn't has anything to do with here??
Uhm. An swf of red ranks meeting a newbie? I know it wasn't intentional, but results are results.
Several other people reporting meeting killers a massive amount of ranks away including myself?
Best response today.
My wild guess is that rank 20 to 15 have a population so low that it end up matching them up with literaly anyone available after making wait a while.
Will preventing people that passed rank 15 to fall back in higher rank was a change made with good intention that also mean that new player can only play with new player or ultra casual player, wich mean a way lower player pool available.