Cross progression that was promised for the nintendo switch

Has there been any news ?

it’s been more than 2 years since they announced it would be coming to the nintendo switch…

are they still even working on it ?

Comments

  • the last news is that they ran into some unforeseen difficulties and can’t give an ETA when it comes but they are still working on it

  • They can't even get BP incentives to work, do you really think they'll be able to handle cross progression?

  • @BringShaggytoDBD said:

    They can't even get BP incentives to work, do you really think they'll be able to handle cross progression?

    Steam, Stadia and Epic have cross progression

  • Cross progression between PC is a bit different to cross progression between console, hence why they haven't figured it out yet.

  • @BringShaggytoDBD said:

    They can't even get BP incentives to work, do you really think they'll be able to handle cross progression?

    They have cross-progression for the different PC platforms.

    The thing that's really annoying is that DbD's performance on the Switch is so bad that it should have released with cross-progression. It should not have gone live without cross-progression in working order. As a secondary platform for an account, it'd be okay, but as a standalone account it is absolutely freaking unacceptable. Whenever I think about it I get legitimately upset that my progress is stuck here. I only got it on the Switch because they had a set date for cross-progression. A set date. I had no idea this wasn't guaranteed. I would have saved my money if I'd known.

    BHVR should have considered cross-progression on the Switch a requirement before releasing it.

    Sorry, I'm ranting. I just hate that I have absolutely no confidence that cross-progression for the Switch will ever be a thing. The moment BHVR said they have no ETA for it, I lost all hope it was coming.

  • Epic and Stadia are desperate to get people to use their platforms so I imagine BHVR had no issues at all working with them.

    Sony, MS, and Nintendo however.. they're in no need for more people to switch to their platforms so I'm guessing they're greedier. I'm still confused why Switch progression got halted though, they were even advertising the ability to connect your Nintendo account on the BHVR account site at one point so there was obviously a lot of progress made

  • @BringShaggytoDBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082919#Comment_3082919

    Cross progression between PC is a bit different to cross progression between console, hence why they haven't figured it out yet.

    thats you assuming stuff. In the end, the versions already have cross play working perfectly fine and the switch version was actually implemented with this in mind. It’s likely that there is Nintendo/license issues preventing it at the moment,

  • They promise ######### all the time and never follow through are we really surprised? Lol

  • I have the game on two different switch account. Bought it when it got released as a confidence vote for the company. It was pretty disappointing. The game is unplayable and I regret having spent money on skins in there.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3082924#Comment_3082924

    thats you assuming stuff. In the end, the versions already have cross play working perfectly fine and the switch version was actually implemented with this in mind. It’s likely that there is Nintendo/license issues preventing it at the moment,

    That's you assuming stuff.