Is it happening tomorrow or not?

Is the update coming tomorrow? One of the titles in Otz' videos implies that tomorrow will be the day, but BHVR hasn't announced anything.

What's the evidence for and against? Do they usually announce it in advance?

I personally hope that it's another week. I lost a lot of flans hitting the P1 button on some killers today, but I'd much rather have the extra time to grind my survivors to P1 beforehand.

Is there really a chance that it'll just drop tomorrow morning without an official announcement?

Comments

  • Usually the archives teaser is released a week before if I remember correctly so I doubt it’ll be today

  • I do wish they'd say something. I need to know if I have time to use the rest of these cakes or not.

  • No one knows honestly

  • I'm annoyed by all the speculation at this point. Can't they just tell us already?

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I'm annoyed by all the speculation at this point. Can't they just tell us already?

    Even if they can't tell us when it is, they can at least tell us whether or not it's this week.

  • You're happening tomorrow.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069333#Comment_3069333

    Even if they can't tell us when it is, they can at least tell us whether or not it's this week.

    Yep exactly. There is no reason to keep it a secret like this

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069352#Comment_3069352

    Yep exactly. There is no reason to keep it a secret like this

    They typically announce it last minute, probably because they themselves aren’t sure everything is ready until it’s actually ready and fully tested internally. It’s not a secret, they just work on it until they’re done and then put it out the next available patch time.

  • if it is testing/finalizing, they should just have it ready then announce they'll release the next week. Least it gives people a chance to finish up whatever they're doing ha.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069362#Comment_3069362

    They typically announce it last minute, probably because they themselves aren’t sure everything is ready until it’s actually ready and fully tested internally. It’s not a secret, they just work on it until they’re done and then put it out the next available patch time.

    This.

    They don't want to announce a date yet because they're likely testing it right up until the day or two before, so aren't 100% certain it will be ready in time.

    If you want them to give a weeks notice every time, be prepared to have those dates delayed by a week, or just have every patch come out a week later than intended to give them that leeway.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069390#Comment_3069390

    This.

    They don't want to announce a date yet because they're likely testing it right up until the day or two before, so aren't 100% certain it will be ready in time.

    If you want them to give a weeks notice every time, be prepared to have those dates delayed by a week, or just have every patch come out a week later than intended to give them that leeway.

    I think for a major update like this, they should probably differ from their normal patch rollout and give people some heads up. That's just my take though.

  • I have almost every survivor perk with Feng since she's my main and the only person I really play. Because of that I know that I'll be properly compensated as far as prestige level goes, but I can't bring myself to prestige now for fear of losing everything that I have available on her already. But I will say that with dead hard officially getting heavily nerfed, this will definitely entice me to play a lot more killer now!

  • Unless bhvr announces it, I assume it's not coming out.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3069390#Comment_3069390

    This.

    They don't want to announce a date yet because they're likely testing it right up until the day or two before, so aren't 100% certain it will be ready in time.

    If you want them to give a weeks notice every time, be prepared to have those dates delayed by a week, or just have every patch come out a week later than intended to give them that leeway.

    I would much rather take a delay to be honest then just pure radio silence. Or at lest tell us they are testing things out.