What do you think about DBD rework overall?
What is your opinion about the changes to perks and gameplay mechanics?
I'm really not digging any of it. I don't like the changes to base mechanics, and i don't like the changes to perks. I don't understand why nothing was done to help killers with the early game. I don't understand why meta gen defence perks got gutted. Dead Hard barely changed. NOED didn't really. DS nerf to its duration makes no sense to me. Self-care got butchered only because it was oftenly used. They nerfed things that they shouldn't, and buffed things that they shouldn't have.
Comments
It's a very good direction for the game, I like it.
Helping killers with gen defence, especially early gen defence, and improving their ability to chase so it's less teeth-grindingly lengthy to actually down a survivor who knows how to utilise the current post-hit sprint is a great mark of things to come, and entirely changing the meta is exactly the kind of bold move that's needed to keep the game fresh and healthy.
A few things look questionable, but that's what the PTB is for- and worst case scenario, something different is going to be annoying instead of the same-old same-old from the past however many years.
I'm not 100% sure yet, but the few PTB games I played didn't feel good. We'll see after it goes live. Only thing I'm happy with atm is the prestige rework -- and not the rewards, just the system being mildly better.
Its good, but not perfect. Thats why there is feedback and bHVR's work isnt finished this patch.
the nerf to survivors was not enough but good, killers had not needed nerfs especially to pain resonance and tinkerer
if these changes go through as is we will see:
Not looking good to me bois. Hope they make changes before live. There's some good in there, but the bad outweighs it imo. There's also a lot of contradictions with what the devs say they want or why they changed something, and then what they actually implement.
Wether or not the changes are good and healthy for the game, I have no idea.
But I think that having such big changes on the game like this helps to keep things fun and less stale, which imo is a lot better than a balanced thing without any diversity. I personally hope they get to tweak things more often.
Granted, I'm a relatively new player, so i'm unsure how these balancing changes constrast in light to past ones.
Edit: The self-care nerf could've been a little less intense though.
I don't like EVERY change but I overal like these changes
I definitely feel like these changes are going to lead to games that last way too long.
as a newer player, the grind looks even worse, and not fun to play. They made the grind WORSE for new/er players and survivor players, it only really helps people who play multiple killers.
It's the first time I see the game going towards balance. The meta nerfs will make games funnier I believe, at least until another meta appears. The base changes to discourage tunnelling are also nice, alongside limitations to avoid abusing these mechanics too much. And the increased repair time also gives killers a better chance to add pressure. The only thing I miss is a nerf to Circle of Healing (a tool that allows us to fully heal at will, something too powerfull according to devs). But this first step towards the redemption of the game is more than wellcome.
There's some issues but they got the right idea. They just only went about 20% as far as they needed to go.
Have to see when it comes out.
But the videos i have seen don´t look good. Hope it is not that bad when it hits live.
Any change is good, no matter what. I hope it continues! :)
Overall I appreciate the changes, but I fear what soloQ might become because of some of them.
I admire your hope you show with your comment. If only the rest of the community had such optimism.
It’s a step in the right direction and there are a lot of good changes in it. However, it still needs significantly more work.
The only thing that really bothers me is OTR. Other than that the update seems good.
Every step forward has a step back, so I'm pretty torn.
Nerfing the most-used perks is good. But instead of nerfing the two most-used survivor perks, they buffed one and kept the other effectively the same. So we'll still see both constantly.
Adding a base-kit Borrowed Time solves the very real issue of "survivors farming their team members for points." Nerfing Corrupt Intervention instead of making it base-kit massively ignored the very real issue of "three gens pop by the time you get your first down."
Damaging a gen by kicking it is good. 2.5% isn't nearly enough, and most of the regression perks got nerfed at the same time, but it's at least the gen looking like it was damaged actually does denote some real damage. Credit where credit's due.
Making gens take 10 seconds longer is good. Buffing a ton of gen speed perks in the same breath is bad.
Reducing the time to perform most generic killer actions by a couple fractions of a second is good. It's probably not going to be nearly enough to make M1 killers viable, but here's hoping they kept those changes in a single file that they can tweak upward before too long.
Overcharge change seems like a big win for a killer perk buff. They probably still haven't fixed the "survivors tap the gen and as long as they leave before the skill check comes up, it doesn't explode at all" problem the perk had to begin with.
Monstrous Shrine actually has a use now. However, it's yet another "this perk requires a second perk to be useful" that killers have far too many of already. Killer Perks need to be self-sufficient, not require 1-3 other perks to make them work. That kind of design should be on the Survivor side, since that team gets 16 perks to the killer's 4.
It is good, but it definitely needs changes.
I don't like Prestige Legacy rewards, they are insulting. I don't like increased grind on bloodwebs of everything but perks, it goes against what BHVR themselves said about "reducing grind". I don't like BBQ and WGLF losing BP bonus element - these perks are now dead to me.
Other than that - most changes seem interesting, I like a lot of it. Regardless of the result - I'm glad that BHVR is finally trying to shake up the perks, instead of keeping them stale and same as they did for years and years at this point.