Why prove thyself is a bad perk for the game.

Prove Thyself accentuates one of the biggest problems dbd has,in the worst way possible,gen speeds.

This perk is not that good in soloq because more than often you will repair gens alone,but in swf it makes gen speeds an even bigger problem than it already is.

Everytime I come back to the game after a few months, it feels like the games keep getting faster because of how fast generators are being repaired.

This perk needs a rework that should focus helping players in soloq and not make it just another perk that can be abused by swf.

Comments

  • If a SWF want to rush gens they're actually more effective splitting 3 people on 3 different generators rather than grouping up on one most of the time so survivors grouping up on generators isn't actually a bad thing for you as a killer.

    The only time I'd argue that Prove Thyself is more beneficial is when there's 1 gen left to complete and they can group up and smash the last gen out, but in that case, if you're already in a situation where 3-4 survivors are left alive and you have 1 gen remaining, I doubt the difference in Prove Thyself would have made a gigantic difference most of the time. Additionally, there is the odd situation where you spawn on the opposite end of all 4 survivors on a large map - but even then, I imagine they're going to get that gen done most of the time anyway.

    Ultimately, I don't think SWFs are really abusing Prove Thyself that much - they're more effective splitting up on 3 separate gens whilst 1 is being chased if they want to get gens done as soon as possible.

  • I don't think Prove Thyself is that big of a deal because it puts Survivors at a disadvantage, grouping up on Generators isn't as efficient as splitting up, and grouping up also brings the risk of letting the Killer pressure multiple Survivors at the same time

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    I don't think Prove Thyself is that big of a deal because it puts Survivors at a disadvantage, grouping up on Generators isn't as efficient as splitting up, and grouping up also brings the risk of letting the Killer pressure multiple Survivors at the same time

    I run ProveThyself and I get the most value out of it, in beginning and end.

    I can spawn in, and me and another surv can have first gen done before killers makes it around map.

    Likewise, at end of trial, we hop on that last gen thats half done and bang it out while killers hooks someone across map. I always run ProveThyself

  • @Jarky said:

    If a SWF want to rush gens they're actually more effective splitting 3 people on 3 different generators rather than grouping up on one most of the time so survivors grouping up on generators isn't actually a bad thing for you as a killer.

    The only time I'd argue that Prove Thyself is more beneficial is when there's 1 gen left to complete and they can group up and smash the last gen out, but in that case, if you're already in a situation where 3-4 survivors are left alive and you have 1 gen remaining, I doubt the difference in Prove Thyself would have made a gigantic difference most of the time. Additionally, there is the odd situation where you spawn on the opposite end of all 4 survivors on a large map - but even then, I imagine they're going to get that gen done most of the time anyway.

    Ultimately, I don't think SWFs are really abusing Prove Thyself that much - they're more effective splitting up on 3 separate gens whilst 1 is being chased if they want to get gens done as soon as possible.

    Well said.

  • Prove thyself is one of the most underrated perks, while it's more beneficial to get gens separate it comes in clutch after you pop one separate and go to someone else's gen or a new gen because youll more than likely have someone hop on it with you or be helping someone who's got a partially completed gen and having that much of a speed boost on gens is very powerful it can completely turn the tide of a trial.

  • Doesn't Prove Thyself technically not bring any kind of value? Most you can get out of a survivor is 1 charge per second. Prove Thyself doesn't change that.

    I think @Jarky is right, and the only real value in Prove Thyself is targeting a specific, high value gen to smash it out a bit faster than you normally could. Prove Thyself doesn't actually decrease game time by that much.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3029436#Comment_3029436

    I run ProveThyself and I get the most value out of it, in beginning and end.

    I can spawn in, and me and another surv can have first gen done before killers makes it around map.

    Likewise, at end of trial, we hop on that last gen thats half done and bang it out while killers hooks someone across map. I always run ProveThyself

    The first Generator isn't that important anyway, and getting the last Generator done means the Killer didn't pressure Survivors enough in the mid-game

  • @Firellius said:

    Doesn't Prove Thyself technically not bring any kind of value? Most you can get out of a survivor is 1 charge per second. Prove Thyself doesn't change that.

    I think @Jarky is right, and the only real value in Prove Thyself is targeting a specific, high value gen to smash it out a bit faster than you normally could. Prove Thyself doesn't actually decrease game time by that much.

    it does though. literally every game now goes by like 300x faster. i cant play a single game without seeing pt and toolboxes

  • In solo queue the best gen rush build you can do is: Corrective action - Overzealous - Prove thyself - Situational Awareness. Players will know your gen as well as never alerting the killer for missing a skillcheck. Try it out

  • I think what people are missing is that any* increase in gen speed, no matter how minuscule, makes the gens go crazy fast. I can bring Prove Thyself OR Deja Vu, a toolbox OR Overzealous, and the gens go really fast. Now imagine all 4 survivors bringing that, SWF or not. At the end of the day, you're comparing 90-second or faster gens to 30+ second chases, at least for 90% of the killer cast.

  • So you got buffed chase potential (lower cooldowns on breaking pallets and pallet stuns, less time survivors get to sprint away after a hit, decreased timer on bloodlust) all survivor meta got nerfed to the ground, increased gen times by 12.5% per gen and you can still stack 4 slowdown perks if you want and youre complaining about prove thyself???

    How about they add one extra gen and survivors start the match on the hook? Will that help?

  • You are not facing seal team 6 teams that can complete all gens in 2.5 minutes and communicate so well you cant even find 1 of them before all gens are completed.

    You are facing regular players that even when coordinated, are kinda meh at the game who crumble anyway with a bit of pressure.

    Complaining about prove thyself is kinda stupid to me because guess what, we love having multiple survivors on the same gen so we can bother multiple people at the same time. Winning strategy in dbd isnt really ganging up on gens, its splitting up and being time efficient.

    ....

  • @kidcowboy111 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3029454#Comment_3029454

    it does though. literally every game now goes by like 300x faster. i cant play a single game without seeing pt and toolboxes

    But that isn't PT's problem, since that doesn't increase gen speeds.