Sadako
do they plan buffing her ?
do they plan buffing her ?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
In a future Mid-Chapter
Nothing announced yet.
MAYBE this Midchapter. But as I said, nothing announced.
dam don't give me hope lol
From Peanits, "We planned to give her a look sooner but the perk changes took priority. We'll still conduct our full usual review soon."
πππ
It's a little funny how really new killer like sadako is on the "we have to look at it" list.
One of the devs commented here that with the upcomming big perk rework they hadn't time to work on any killers, which is understandably. So Sadako will most likely be tackled next mid-chapter, which is quite the long wait and saddens me, because I would totally want her to be more viable, but it is what it is, and I can see why.
They don't have thousands of play testers putting in millions of hours. They cannot know exactly how killers will perform live.
Better to release a weak paid DLC than to hear the uproar of "pay to win!" Then just give her buffs later where she needs them, after the community has more thoroughly playtested her
Not to say that Sadako is in any way a strong killer, she does needs buffs, mainly to her condemn mechanic, but people underestimate her strengths quite a bit.
As limited as it is, her teleport gives her a lot of map presence that regular M1 killers simply can't compete with.
Her lullaby, while betraying her stealth, is still less noticeable and better than a bog standard terror radius.
Manifesting/Demanifesting doesn't cost you any speed or distance, and can be used to bypass bodyblocking.
Her visual phasing is identical from survivors and killer perspectives, you can use this to your advantage at a loop by changing direction as your hands disappear. This will give you a couple seconds lead as the survivor cannot see that you've changed course until you're almost on top of them.
Her TV's can act as a basekit Whispers, they display a video when there is a survivor within 16 meters. This can save you time looking for survivors that aren't there.
Every new killer is put on the "We have to look at it in about 3 to 6 months" list. Pyramid Head, Blight, Twins, Trickster, Nemesis, and Pinhead were all changed (with differening levels of impact on that killer) within half a year of their release. Artist was the first to break the precedent set since Year 4, and now Sadako is back to following it.
It's quite sad how badly neglected this killer is, and yet BHVR still pretends like they don't have enough data about her performance. We ALL know that she's extremely weak, no more excuses. Just hotfix her already.
From Peanits, it's not that they don't have enough data- she would've been changed in the upcoming Mid-chapter- but that the perk update was deemed as more important for overall game health by the team.
And I think we both know that she needs a bit more than a simple numbers change.
*Changes perks*
Hold on guys, one thing at a time. We can't multitask these code changes, come on.
they still need to make sure how effective at M1 then they will add a 5.5 milsecond cooldown on the tv
its honestly so annoying that they just ignore how weak she is
BHVR move at a glacial pace. I'm genuinely shocked we got all 39 perk changes at the same time, if I'm being completely honest- I was absolutely expecting it to be delayed or to be gradually rolled out.
True and true, but I also think that Peanits is 100% right and that this perk change was the more important thing. Still, I just wish Sadako the best for the future and hope that she will one day realize her dream and become a competent killer in The Entities realm.
BTW, I got her P3ed, and her P3 hair is about the most brazen and imputend of them all. In very bright spots of the map, if the light just hits her right, you MIGHT notice a light, red tinge to her matted hair, if you aren't too distracted by chasing you down. During the event I finally P3-ed Bubba, and boi oh boi is that a glorious P3 outfit! Thats how you do it! (Oni and Dredge are both pretty sad examples, too. They are already rather redish in color and you have to squint to notice the difference((Onis masks is a study in futility though))).
I really enjoy playing Sadako to be honest. I know she is probably bottom 5 of all killers, but she has potencial. For example the Old Newspaper, which gives me 33% more flickering after manifestation for mindgames at pallets. But there is no other addons than helps in chase as good as this brown one.
Secondly the TV-Placements are horrible. But thats the issue with all things like Jigsaw-Boxes, Wakeup-Clocks etc. - the placement is most likely at the back of a gen behind the wall, so her sprintboost out of the TV doesnt really matter, cause u lose it by doing the 180.
Small, but important things.
Condemn is the third thing. At the moment no one really cares about tvs to counter this, because Condemn is no danger.
They should made her can throught pallet and walls.
She need anti-loop.
Assign each TV to a gen. Unlock the repair action only if the video tape is removed, lifting "Sadako's Curse". BAAM.
I like Sadako just fine and don't feel she needs anything.
I think they let the new killers go as-is for a chapter or two before making adjustments. At least a few months if I recall past instances correctly.
I think they need to lean into her Condemned more. It's basically a non-issue at the moment unless survivors are careless, deliberately goading it, or the killer builds into it. It would also differentiate her from the Dredge which might help with those "Dredge is a better Sadako" claims.
I really feel like BHVR got Sadako wrong. Sheβs a jump scare killer, sneaking up on you to deliver instant death. Instead she plays closer to Legion, zipping around the map smacking people with her hand.
If I had to rework her, I would make her slower, and more powerful. Instead of seven days, do something like 7 minutes of match time before youre cursed and the real nasty stuff starts happening. Dump the tv teleportation stuff and refine her invisibility feature.
I hope the buffs come soon. The only downside is that if she's buffed properly I won't be able to change my username to 'TheBetterOnryo' when I play Dredge. Oh well, life is full of tradeoffs.