Do you guys find yourself longing for old dbd (2016-2017)
I sure do miss the good ol days. There was something about old dbd that made the game more scary. People actually played the game as intended (stealth) and the animations showed fear, the visuals were spooky (blurriness when you look in the distance), thick fog, better auras (a little darker and outlined in black), old running, always fast vaulting, and throwing down pallets at light speed, facing a billy every game, legacy, taking 2 years to get through 1 bloodweb, the lanterns in lunar new year event, the first Halloween event, double pallets at every tile and the extra audio. You guys remeber those eery noises of screaming in the background? And all the differnt music tracks. There would be a specific sound track for whatever state you are in (healthy, injured, downed, hooked, chased, exit gates are powered, stealth). I sure do miss monto and his old dbd yt vids aswell.
There was always something about old dbd that is so much better than today's, the good and the bad, heck nurse had 7 blinks when she came out and huntress hatchet hit boxes were 50 meters wide and those "negatives" created positives for me, memories to look back on and it makes me wanna be back in the good ol days of dbd.
Don't get me wrong dbd now is still great, but it's not horror anymore and hasn't been since outfits and clown release came into the game, now it's a very controversial killer vs survivor battle, toxicity, super sweat and never ending complaints which gets old after a while.
I just wanna kick back relax, put on my urban evasion and self care (urban- which was meta for like 2 years after release ) and get scared out of my pants when I hear a heart beat. And I didn't mention the moonlight offerings. Those were crazy, but awsome
I would love if bhvr made past game versions available to play, it's probably impossible but i would buy them for 20 bucks each if they came out.
Most of us vets all sot down ready to play today's dbd and just have flashbacks and real good memories of old dbd, and we miss it, we miss it so much.
Comments
Yea i know that but she came out like 2 months after the release so in a way your right but depends on what you mean with release... I know dbd was survivor sided you could infi loop shack...
You could infinite loop a lot of things, groaning store house main, wretched shop windows cause all 3 were open on the one side with boarded up windows, iron works top room, shack back then even when they changed it to be 1 window was still an infinite with the guaranteed fast vault, og cow tree, og harvester... A lot of infinites existed.
Wdym, there where never any infinite?
https://youtu.be/GeK3mwZuxfU(Litterary a video full of infinites)- also you see that blurriness in the distance? Its easy to see on the coldwin Map. That's the depth of field. It's what made the atmosphere of dbd amazing and I cry over it being gone every day
Did you miss-read what I said? Cause I never once said infinites didn't exist. I even gave examples of old infinites.
It was sarcastic dude
No. Don't let nostalgia take over, the game was not in a good state at all back then. Double pallets, shack having two windows, no medium vaults, no entity block, no bloodlust, instant full heals, 60 second gens, instant blinds, BNP completing gens instantly, hatch stand offs, and sabo permanently breaking hooks. The game would die within days if the current community played it.
Not in the slightest. Once you take off the rose tinted glasses, old DBD was a mess in more ways than one.
I'm more referring to the atmosphere and aesthetics and how the game felt. I do however agree that I got ahead of myself about those old gamebreakomg mechanics
I miss when hook states only took 30 seconds instead of a minute. It made it so you had to make quick and important decisions as a survivor to either finish a gen or go rescue your friend on the hook. I miss old trapper traps with hit boxes that actually blocked off avenues of escape instead of doing basically nothing.
Was it really only 30 seconds? I thought it was bumped up from 45 to 60, could be wrong though.
Edit: It was 45. From the wiki: "Increased the Summoning Phase and Struggle Phase duration from 45 seconds each to 60 seconds each."
Maybe? Either way it was a significant change and I feel the game was never quite the same afterwards. Also I miss when killers and survivors had the same hit boxes and there was no looping.
That's an interesting take. A lot of players (self included) are upset with it only being 60 seconds still after all these years. Survivors are still being forced into second stage because of camping, without enough time to do all the generators and gates.