BHVR - Please explain P3 rewards logic

Here's what i know right now, i hope (exactly i fear) i understood everything correctly:

All characters on P3 before the update will receive some kind of icon. Ok, that seems some kind of useless reward for the grind - remember the grind was: doing at least 3x50 bloodwebs to reach P3, while loosing all perks and unused addons/offerings after each step.

Chars not on prestige are now forced to prestige because of a special bloodweb, but they retain all perks and addons/offerings while gaining a prestige level. So this isn't any disadvantage.

Now what really bothers me: you said that you'll give free prestige levels to chars depending on the number of perks they have. So people that never prestiged get the prestige for free now and keep their stuff.


If this are the facts i think this special icon doesn't reward you for going the hard way (like legacy did long ago), it just flags you as a fool for wasting your time and loosing your stuff.

Comments

  • I know it got little to do with the topic but Maybe we get additional Prestige rewards later on 😉

    maybe at Prestige 50 an unique mori or a new prestige skin, there is much room for more

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3025916#Comment_3025916

    Imagine losing all your addons, items and perks (so about 5 million bps) and the reward is a logo. It’s not enough compensation. Think about it. The bubba mask gave everyone 6k shards. That reward is better than this garbage

    That's what I'm saying, FFS, they gave 6k shards to everyone who thouched bubba at least once for 4 cosmetics that were gained passively for free, and now we get ######### for something that I had to spend tons of bloodpoints to do?

    @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024777#Comment_3024777

    This is true for all of my killers. All of them got all perks (i have), and never got prestiged. (i only missing pig and the ring-chapter).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3025297#Comment_3025297

    Well, i thing you prestiged wrong, then. while i never prestiged a killer (i am a survivor main anyway) i prestiged a lot of my survviors. And it was not that hard, because i would prestige one, spend the 1000000+ bp i had (bloodpoint limit + unclaimed challenges), and leveled them to lvl 50. Then i chose the best perks they had, and played with them until all bp-offerings and all good items were gone. There was not much left to lose. Any additional bp could be spend by starting another char without bpofferings and items on his way to prestige.

    So basicly, if you already burned their good items and offerings, there was nothing to lose.

    I did prestige like that, that's why I don't have all my characters at P3.

    Still, I had to lose all my event limited offerings and items in the process, and that is a pill that is hard to swallow right now since I could have simply kept at least one of each for collecting purposes.

    And FFS, playing with whatever perk you had at level 50 was a pain most of the time, especially since they ######### up the RNG bloodweb generation for perks.

  • I didn't really need a reward in the first place. The issue for me is that they really hyped up this reward to be something special and unique, when it's really just some ugly-looking icon. I'd honestly rather have a charm.

  • @TheSpectre said:

    Here's what i know right now, i hope (exactly i fear) i understood everything correctly:

    All characters on P3 before the update will receive some kind of icon. Ok, that seems some kind of useless reward for the grind - remember the grind was: doing at least 3x50 bloodwebs to reach P3, while loosing all perks and unused addons/offerings after each step.

    Chars not on prestige are now forced to prestige because of a special bloodweb, but they retain all perks and addons/offerings while gaining a prestige level. So this isn't any disadvantage.

    Now what really bothers me: you said that you'll give free prestige levels to chars depending on the number of perks they have. So people that never prestiged get the prestige for free now and keep their stuff.

    If this are the facts i think this special icon doesn't reward you for going the hard way (like legacy did long ago), it just flags you as a fool for wasting your time and loosing your stuff.

    Def gotta say the reward is very lackluster, wish they did something cool for the community that worked hard for P3, and was willing to lose things for it too. Imagine some sort of simple legacy but in blue color? random example, but why not a cosmetic people who love and enjoy? for the default skins. though I understand licenses wouldn't work, but maybe for the other characters, licenses could get something else. It's such a bummer man!

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026314#Comment_3026314

    That's what I'm saying, FFS, they gave 6k shards to everyone who thouched bubba at least once for 4 cosmetics that were gained passively for free, and now we get ######### for something that I had to spend tons of bloodpoints to do?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026327#Comment_3026327

    I did prestige like that, that's why I don't have all my characters at P3.

    Still, I had to lose all my event limited offerings and items in the process, and that is a pill that is hard to swallow right now since I could have simply kept at least one of each for collecting purposes.

    And FFS, playing with whatever perk you had at level 50 was a pain most of the time, especially since they ######### up the RNG bloodweb generation for perks.

    I swear that icon better not be it

  • @TheMadCat said:

    Yeah. Frankly, who cares for a special icon no one will look at, not even ourselves?

    I stopped to P3 prior to the change. I already have 20ish P3, I'm done. I'm getting Flan and waiting for the new system to kick in before I hit the prestige button now.

    A cosmetic? Yes, OK, I'll keep prestiging. An icon? Gimme BP instead at this point, it'll be more usefull...

    It's funny because players like this guy technicaly don't need BP

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024680#Comment_3024680

    It's funny because players like this guy technicaly don't need BP

    Right, because noone needs items, addons and offerings. Perks are the only things you pay in the bloodweb, right?

    The fact that a lot of people would prefer BPs tells you a lot about how ######### the icon is as a reward.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I'm P3ing characters right now because it's cheaper than doing a crapton of level 50 Bloodwebs, and I get the bloody cosmetics now and I'll get the teachables on everyone when the new system goes live. I don't do it on the characters who have cool old event stuff to lose, but I do it on everyone else.

    Same ! Like, I wanted to p3 claudette, but I have the summer barbeque invitation on her :/.

    But I think I'll manage to prestige 1-2 more characters before the update and after the event. And after that any other character will just be easier to prestige. That's the whole point of the update, innit ?

  • @steponmeadiris said:

    I didn't really need a reward in the first place. The issue for me is that they really hyped up this reward to be something special and unique, when it's really just some ugly-looking icon. I'd honestly rather have a charm.

    They didn't hype anything. Mandy told you weeks ago that it wasn't going to be a cosmetic or charm. Something "distinct" was more than a clue it wasn't going to be shards or BP...... What did you expect? Seriously!

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026765#Comment_3026765

    Right, because noone needs items, addons and offerings. Perks are the only things you pay in the bloodweb, right?

    The fact that a lot of people would prefer BPs tells you a lot about how ######### the icon is as a reward.

    that was the point of the joke kind of?

  • I wouldve prefered to get like a BP or shard reward even.

  • @KateDunson said:

    What trigger me the most is that they are doing nothing for who like me has EVERYONE p3 full perk

    I believe they are adjusting prestige levels to compensate. So a character that is P3 level 50 with all perks might be P6 or higher after the update. I'm not sure how its calculated, but they said prestige levels would be adjusted accordingly and not just for characters that have never prestiged.

    I understand it might not be much, especially since characters that reached P3 already have the bloody cosmetics, but it is something.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026314#Comment_3026314

    That's what I'm saying, FFS, they gave 6k shards to everyone who thouched bubba at least once for 4 cosmetics that were gained passively for free, and now we get ######### for something that I had to spend tons of bloodpoints to do?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026327#Comment_3026327

    I did prestige like that, that's why I don't have all my characters at P3.

    Still, I had to lose all my event limited offerings and items in the process, and that is a pill that is hard to swallow right now since I could have simply kept at least one of each for collecting purposes.

    And FFS, playing with whatever perk you had at level 50 was a pain most of the time, especially since they ######### up the RNG bloodweb generation for perks.

    For me, it was a good change for the most, because i had to try perks i usually wouldn´t use. However, if your goto-perks are not available, it really hurts, so you are kind of right on that.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3026664#Comment_3026664

    For me, it was a good change for the most, because i had to try perks i usually wouldn´t use. However, if your goto-perks are not available, it really hurts, so you are kind of right on that.

    Yeah trying new perks is something that I always liked doing

    But after 15 matches in a row in which you cannot for the life of god have Second Wind to be useful you get tired of having to use ######### perks over and over again, and I'm talking about survivor, try playing a killer you like (so at least decent MMR) with below average perks

  • Yes, it's very disappoiting to get FU'd by a SWF Squad or a Killer while playing with the trash perks RNG granted to you. For each character at least 3 times! And now we get slapped in our face for our stupidity - BHVR calls this a reward!

1 2 ›