Every upcoming change is good: prove me wrong.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying they are perfect. Some values can be adjusted, but they already said that they will be looking at stats and doing adjustments. The game has grown stale and desperately needed shakeup. I commend BHVR on having the courage to try something new.

On the killer side, I'm happy that DH is changing.

On survivor side, I'm happy that camping and tunneling was addressed.

Yes, I get it, some perks were made essentially useless. Ruin is an example. But that perk was unhealthy for solo queue. Survivors who don't have comms can't efficiently coordinate looking for the totem. I can keep going on with example, but I don't want to make a wall of text.

Comments

  • Prove you wrong?

    BHVR: We want to change the meta

    Also BHVR: We buffed BT in both duration and added haste.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022249#Comment_3022249

    Less of a possibility, but still possible. The perk was overused, which is what they wanted to reduce. It's not possible to make it less used without affecting its uses. That's how you shake up the meta. You shake it up by reducing possibility of some things and increasing possibility of other things.

    I think it will fundamentally change how the game needs to be played making it a more chase heavy rather than stealthy game

  • @Bardon said:

    Prove you wrong?

    BHVR: We want to change the meta

    Also BHVR: We buffed BT in both duration and added haste.

    You got it wrong, but don't worry, I fixed it for you.

    BHVR: We want to change the meta and reduce camping and tunneling.

    Also BHVR: We changed the meta and we buffed BT in both duration and added haste which will reduce camping and tunneling.

  • @Taxman232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022333#Comment_3022333

    I think it will fundamentally change how the game needs to be played making it a more chase heavy rather than stealthy game

    Yes, but not by much. You can still hide while uninjured. Hopefully it will slightly reduce meta of genrushing against Plague and Legion, where most high MMR don't bother to heal.

  • @versacefeng said:

    Your telling me that IW deactivating when exhausted and the new OTR are good?

    Welcome back Spirit and Stridor 😁

  • @tester said:

    Just to clarify, I'm not saying they are perfect. Some values can be adjusted, but they already said that they will be looking at stats and doing adjustments. The game has grown stale and desperately needed shakeup. I commend BHVR on having the courage to try something new.

    On the killer side, I'm happy that DH is changing.

    On survivor side, I'm happy that camping and tunneling was addressed.

    Yes, I get it, some perks were made essentially useless. Ruin is an example. But that perk was unhealthy for solo queue. Survivors who don't have comms can't efficiently coordinate looking for the totem. I can keep going on with example, but I don't want to make a wall of text.

    We cannot know for now and have to try it. I doubt the game will feel balanced and most killers will still be not viable for high level.

    Fact is DbD needs core balance and not band aid balance. Changing the perks does not change the fact that there are too many safe loops with pallets/windows.

    Maybe the Bloodlust change will shift everything but i highly doubt it, survivors will adapt and be less greedy to survive longer.

  • @Taxman232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022333#Comment_3022333

    I think it will fundamentally change how the game needs to be played making it a more chase heavy rather than stealthy game

    I think it will be more stealth heavy than chase that’s for sure. Between the multiple stealth perks that have been buffed alongside the fact that you gain less distance when hit, faster pallet breaks, shorter recovery on m1s makes chases shorter.

    Meaning that survivors are less incentivized to go into chase and rather use their new perks to hide from the killer and do gens which I think is just a boring and non interactive playstyle for the killer and survivor

  • @loothound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022518#Comment_3022518

    I think it will be more stealth heavy than chase that’s for sure. Between the multiple stealth perks that have been buffed alongside the fact that you gain less distance when hit, faster pallet breaks, shorter recovery on m1s makes chases shorter.

    Meaning that survivors are less incentivized to go into chase and rather use their new perks to hide from the killer and do gens which I think is just a boring and non interactive playstyle for the killer and survivor

    Update jsreally just - how can we help killers kill faster and make survivors hold M1 longer while meta-perkless.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021951#Comment_3021951

    They are anti-camp against any killer without a chainsaw.

    They're not anti-camp. It doesn't prevent a Killer to camp me if they want to. It doesn't force my teammates to save me if a Killer is camping me.

    But if the Killer is tunneling me, it helps.

  • @tester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022518#Comment_3022518

    Yes, but not by much. You can still hide while uninjured. Hopefully it will slightly reduce meta of genrushing against Plague and Legion, where most high MMR don't bother to heal.

    I dont think it is meta to gen rush against plague or legion. Survivors want to get gens done and escspe - they are doing the objective not gen rushing (who can blame them after the edge lord rework of legion)

  • Yep,nothing for anticamping,facing bubbas will still be the same,you cant go for the save

  • How much is Behaviour paying you?

  • I thought most of them were complete garbage to be honest. Why change gen speeds then leave Prove Thyself and BNP's untouched. Healing speeds are already out of control so they buff botany further. Ruin useless, Coulrohobia still garbage, same with sole survivor. Dont even get me started on Off The Record.

  • @tester said:

    Just to clarify, I'm not saying they are perfect. Some values can be adjusted, but they already said that they will be looking at stats and doing adjustments. The game has grown stale and desperately needed shakeup. I commend BHVR on having the courage to try something new.

    On the killer side, I'm happy that DH is changing.

    On survivor side, I'm happy that camping and tunneling was addressed.

    Yes, I get it, some perks were made essentially useless. Ruin is an example. But that perk was unhealthy for solo queue. Survivors who don't have comms can't efficiently coordinate looking for the totem. I can keep going on with example, but I don't want to make a wall of text.

    I think barely any of the changes are good. The wildly oscillate between way too powerful nerfs (rip spine chill and iron will) to buffs that won't make the perks any more desirable at all. I didn't take hope because it was a perk that helped when you had already won. Now there's no duration restriction whoopty do. I still won't take it ever.

    My go to build currently is sprint burst, iron will, bond, and borrowed time. After all this it will change too...wait for it... Sprint burst, Off the Record, Bond, and Borrowed Time.

    Somehow I don't think this was the shake up most people were hoping for.

  • No I don't like the basekit buffs for all killers at all it's too much with the increased repair times, I hope these changes don't go live personally.

    I think it's better to only touch perks but we'll see PTB. Strongest killers will be even more oppressive, solo Q will suffer even more, gens are longer but hook timers are still the same, facecamp is buffed, it's kinda bad overall

  • Agreed, every killer just having brutal strength tier 1 and 2 stacks of save the best for last AND survivors speed burst after hit being reduced and generator times on top of that....this is looking to be a bad go of it for survivors.

    All those changes will make chases less interesting, shorter duration, and less successful for survivors. This may be the beginning of the era of full stealth play style.

    And something that is getting overlooked with Dead Hard. It was strong in the right hands, but it was also by far the most FUN perk in the game for survivors. It was something active that allowed a variety of interesting, heroic, and hillarious outcomes that are just not going to be part of the game anymore. And with every chase ending more deterministically, is this patch just going to assassinate survivor fun?

  • @cburton311 said:

    Agreed, every killer just having brutal strength tier 1 and 2 stacks of save the best for last AND survivors speed burst after hit being reduced and generator times on top of that....this is looking to be a bad go of it for survivors.

    All those changes will make chases less interesting, shorter duration, and less successful for survivors. This may be the beginning of the era of full stealth play style.

    And something that is getting overlooked with Dead Hard. It was strong in the right hands, but it was also by far the most FUN perk in the game for survivors. It was something active that allowed a variety of interesting, heroic, and hillarious outcomes that are just not going to be part of the game anymore. And with every chase ending more deterministically, is this patch just going to assassinate survivor fun?

    "hillarious outcomes" - yeah, that's the problem. Some killers were just "hilariously" bullied. I hope the changes actually bring some horror into horror game. I mean, deadharding through trap is hilarious for survivor, but not so for trapper and just plainly didn't make any sense.

    "All those changes will make chases less interesting, shorter duration, and less successful for survivors."- not sure about less interesting, but shorter for sure. That's the objective. BHVR stated that they want to increase kill rates. So, naturally chases are going to get shorter.

  • @rvzrvzrvz said:

    No I don't like the basekit buffs for all killers at all it's too much with the increased repair times, I hope these changes don't go live personally.

    I think it's better to only touch perks but we'll see PTB. Strongest killers will be even more oppressive, solo Q will suffer even more, gens are longer but hook timers are still the same, facecamp is buffed, it's kinda bad overall

    Facecamp is not buffed at all. It's trivial to unhook against any killer without a chainsaw when you have base kit BT.

1 2 ›