New Spine Chill change?

As an active Spine Chill user, I find this perk to be the most effective counter to the most oppressive killers, such as Nurse, Spirit, Hag or even The Artist. These killers tend to be the best, or at least that's what the community says. Is it truly necessary to nerf the whole point of the perk?

Vault changes - I'm sure, that this does not do much harm. While yes, vault speed build is indeed truly strong, but it's not the core of the perk, it's just another utility of the perk people found. I feel like this change would generally contribute to the well-being of this perk and would lower the pickrate.

Direction changes - This makes it absolutely useless in closed maps, or when you are repairing generators in jungle gyms, shack or any closed area. I generally feel like, that Spine Chill is a stealthy perk, commonly used by beginning survivors for better awareness. I like using Spine Chill, because then I know when the killer approximately is and when to hide. If Nurse approaches, I have plenty of time to react, as well as Spirit in phase walk or from which area Hag might go from. It's speculative whether it's as good on Hag, but my point is, it's just a perk that didn't cause ANY harm and to people like me, who uses stable perk build consisting of Spine Chill, BT, Balanced Landing and Bond it truly makes me switch to another build and completely change my playstyle.

This change silently buffed Nurse, Spirit and most S-Tiers killers and I genuinely think, that it's one of the worst changes in the patch, mostly for Spine Chill and stealthy players, who enjoy doing generators.

Comments

  • All the skilled survivor mains won't even notice the change to Spine Chill it's such a small nerf. Only players that can barely do anything besides M1 and need the game to force feed them all information will be hurt, they'll need to move to premonition

  • @Veinslay said:

    All the skilled survivor mains won't even notice the change to Spine Chill it's such a small nerf. Only players that can barely do anything besides M1 and need the game to force feed them all information will be hurt, they'll need to move to premonition

    I'm sorry that I have hearing problems that I cannot alter! Now, I can't even hear Trapper unless he is 6m away from me. Thank you for putting me into the box of crying people.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023591#Comment_3023591

    I just like the change. I rarely used it but it looks like it will still be a good perk.

    You like something being nerfed because you never used it. Ok.

    And no, it will be an awful perk. It will be useless for people with hearing issues like myself and many others.

  • @Veinslay said:

    All the skilled survivor mains won't even notice the change to Spine Chill it's such a small nerf. Only players that can barely do anything besides M1 and need the game to force feed them all information will be hurt, they'll need to move to premonition

    Quite ableist to say survivors with hearing issues don't have skill.

  • It's the same as colourblind people. They also had to wait over 4 years for changes, because apparently it will make "advantages" to people without that issue. I'm not sure why should we not do the same for people with hearing problems.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023597#Comment_3023597

    You like something being nerfed because you never used it. Ok.

    And no, it will be an awful perk. It will be useless for people with hearing issues like myself and many others.

    I should’ve thought about players with hearing issues. Sorry maybe than it shouldn’t be nerfed.

  • @Object said:

    It's the same as colourblind people. They also had to wait over 4 years for changes, because apparently it will make "advantages" to people without that issue. I'm not sure why should we not do the same for people with hearing problems.

    It's quite funny that when it came to color blind people killers were supportive of getting different colors for auras because it didnt affect them but now since they feel spine chill affects them they don't care about disabled people anymore. Just goes to show what they really are worried about.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023720#Comment_3023720

    I should’ve thought about players with hearing issues. Sorry maybe than it shouldn’t be nerfed.

    All they had to do is make it not work against undetectable killers. With the nerf they're giving it not only will it be useless for people with hearing problems but also wont do much for ghostface and myers since they have to be in the LOS to stalk anyway.

  • I was literally making a joke about how everytime a killer gets nerfed there's a whole bunch of survivors on the forum going "this nerf is barely anything, all the skilled Deathslingers won't even notice! The bad ones need to play Trickster! The really good Spirits won't even be impacted, the terrible ones will have to pick Wraith" etc.

    That being said, SC was busted and survivor takes barely any skill in this game in general

  • @Veinslay said:

    I was literally making a joke about how everytime a killer gets nerfed there's a whole bunch of survivors on the forum going "this nerf is barely anything, all the skilled Deathslingers won't even notice! The bad ones need to play Trickster! The really good Spirits won't even be impacted, the terrible ones will have to pick Wraith" etc.

    That being said, SC was busted and survivor takes barely any skill in this game in general

    While you have a point, I have never done that. This game is contestably survivor-sided, but I wasn't aiming to abuse the perk, just conquer my hearing issues, which made me scarcely hear TR or things affiliated with it.

    I understand, that killer mains may like these changes, specifically Nurse mains, Spirit mains, because it was perk that helped countering them, but this change is no virtuous - Stealthy killers are not countered, because they oblige LoS to stalk. Other killers, such as Pig or so who do not need LoS may get a little help, but they aren't flimsy just solely in view of the fact that SC exists.

  • @Object said:

    As an active Spine Chill user, I find this perk to be the most effective counter to the most oppressive killers, such as Nurse, Spirit, Hag or even The Artist. These killers tend to be the best, or at least that's what the community says. Is it truly necessary to nerf the whole point of the perk?

    Vault changes - I'm sure, that this does not do much harm. While yes, vault speed build is indeed truly strong, but it's not the core of the perk, it's just another utility of the perk people found. I feel like this change would generally contribute to the well-being of this perk and would lower the pickrate.

    Direction changes - This makes it absolutely useless in closed maps, or when you are repairing generators in jungle gyms, shack or any closed area. I generally feel like, that Spine Chill is a stealthy perk, commonly used by beginning survivors for better awareness. I like using Spine Chill, because then I know when the killer approximately is and when to hide. If Nurse approaches, I have plenty of time to react, as well as Spirit in phase walk or from which area Hag might go from. It's speculative whether it's as good on Hag, but my point is, it's just a perk that didn't cause ANY harm and to people like me, who uses stable perk build consisting of Spine Chill, BT, Balanced Landing and Bond it truly makes me switch to another build and completely change my playstyle.

    This change silently buffed Nurse, Spirit and most S-Tiers killers and I genuinely think, that it's one of the worst changes in the patch, mostly for Spine Chill and stealthy players, who enjoy doing generators.

    Both survivors and killer perks took a hit,so its fair for both sides to have their meta perks nerfed.

    I personally believe spine chill made you feel way too safe,and made stealth killers a joke,specially the weaker ones,the perk is still worth using even after the nerf now.

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330380/new-spine-chill-change

    Both survivors and killer perks took a hit,so its fair for both sides to have their meta perks nerfed.

    I personally believe spine chill made you feel way too safe,and the perks is still worth using.

    It made me feel way too safe? No... It just made me delight the game, because I have hearing altercation. I scarcely can hear Trapper from 6m away.

    Killer perks did not get hit as much as Survivor perks did. They hadn't received any big changes, only altering some unhealthy playstyles, which for Survivors wasn't JUST altering unhealthy playstyles, but making it extremely unfun.

    PGTWL didn't get any hit fundamentally, because now it does 22.5% damage instead of 25. Ruin is still as efficacious, just prevents you from tunneling. Corrupt seems still sane, because people will find another gen to spend time on rather than waiting out the Corrupt, which can result in early downs. Tinkerer seems rational, because the perk was noxious for quite a long time. If we compare it with SC, which was often misused, I agree, but still frequently used for helping people with actual flaws.

  • All I know is, this game doesn't have any built-in features that help players who are Deaf (there's more Deaf people playing this game than you think), or hard of hearing like some other games do. Fortnite comes to mind but I know there are others. Their only option is to use certain perks to help them visually. I have two friends who are Deaf who play this game, and spine chill was a must for them. Its kind of boring for them to use the same 4-6 perks but its very hard to play without them. Seriously, play a few games with no sound. I've tried it to see how it is for them. Its harder for me since I'm used to relying on sound, and they're obviously used to it, but its still very hard when you can't hear. Nerfing it the way they did, makes it useless, and the game is borderline unplayable for the hearing impaired now. Spine chill was the biggest help for Deaf people playing this game. Sure, a lot of the game is visual, and yes, they still have to look around like the hearing do (and they do), but think about how hard the game would be if the killer NEVER had a terror radius. Imagine not hearing the lullaby of any ranged killer. Sometimes you hear these things long before you see the killer, so "well they can just look around like the rest of us" doesn't really replace it. As I already said they do, but we also rely on hearing so much. Well done devs, per usual XD.

  • Nerfed? it's rework, we can't be sure if it's weaker than old one.

    @akaTheBARON said:

    All I know is, this game doesn't have any built-in features that help players who are Deaf (there's more Deaf people playing this game than you think), or hard of hearing like some other games do. Fortnite comes to mind but I know there are others. Their only option is to use certain perks to help them visually. I have two friends who are Deaf who play this game, and spine chill was a must for them. Its kind of boring for them to use the same 4-6 perks but its very hard to play without them. Seriously, play a few games with no sound. I've tried it to see how it is for them. Its harder for me since I'm used to relying on sound, and they're obviously used to it, but its still very hard when you can't hear. Nerfing it the way they did, makes it useless, and the game is borderline unplayable for the hearing impaired now. Spine chill was the biggest help for Deaf people playing this game. Sure, a lot of the game is visual, and yes, they still have to look around like the hearing do (and they do), but think about how hard the game would be if the killer NEVER had a terror radius? Imagine not hearing the lullaby of any ranged killer. Sometimes you hear these things long before you see the killer, so "well they can just look around like the rest of us" doesn't really replace it. As I already said they do, but we also rely on hearing so much. Well done devs, per usual XD.

    That's certainly not the problem of a perk, it's basegame issue which should be fixed WITHOUT perks.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    For those of us with hearing problems, SC was a perk that helped us gain awareness of what's going on around us.

    Damn, I I have friends who are Deaf who rely on a handful of perks with spine chill being the absolute main one, and now it will make the game way more harder for anyone hearing impaired. Glad somebody else said something about it as well. I'd like to see some features for the hearing impaired implemented at some point.

  • @fulltonon said:

    Nerfed? it's rework, we can't be sure if it's weaker than old one.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024863#Comment_3024863

    That's certainly not the problem of a perk, it's basegame issue which should be fixed WITHOUT perks.

    I couldn't agree more. Hearing issues shouldn't be relied by perks. What I think is that Spine Chill was easily attainable, which made it sort of "base-kit", but at the same time, I cannot enjoy this game anymore, because I don't know if the killer is forthcoming or not.

  • Make it not work against undetectable man. That's all that needs to change.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023730#Comment_3023730

    It's quite funny that when it came to color blind people killers were supportive of getting different colors for auras because it didnt affect them but now since they feel spine chill affects them they don't care about disabled people anymore. Just goes to show what they really are worried about.

    Not all killers, many of us are supporting of these type of things.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023293/#Comment_3023293

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3023730#Comment_3023730

    It's quite funny that when it came to color blind people killers were supportive of getting different colors for auras because it didnt affect them but now since they feel spine chill affects them they don't care about disabled people anymore. Just goes to show what they really are worried about.

    Huh? I've never seen anyone against accessibility change, and do note spine chill itself is not an accessibility.

    Also it's quite funny when people generalize whatever people as "killer" tbh, are you sure they aren't a survivor?

  • Spine Chill is one of the most abuseable perks in this game. Its a blessing that bHVR finally gets around to it.

  • @Emeal said:

    Spine Chill is one of the most abuseable perks in this game. Its a blessing that bHVR finally gets around to it.

    It's blessing it screws over people with hearing problems.

  • @Object said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3025020#Comment_3025020

    It's blessing it screws over people with hearing problems.

    unfortunately we cannot let people with disabilities hold the game back.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3025022#Comment_3025022

    unfortunately we cannot let people with disabilities hold the game back.

    Disastrously, we can discriminate them and not let them relish their game. It's so pitiful that nobody complained about SC until today. How humorous and comical.

  • Unfortunately things must change-

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020456#Comment_3020456

    No one is forcing you to change your build. You can choose whatever perks you want. Spine Chill made stealth killers ineffective so I am glad they made the change.

    They could have made "Undetectable" disable Spine Chill, and that would have been enough. But this change made the perk complete trash in all situations.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3025022#Comment_3025022

    unfortunately we cannot let people with disabilities hold the game back.

    wow...

  • They need to implement that visual heartbeat they have on mobile tho.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3022284#Comment_3022284

    A buff though. Might not be the perfect buff but Scratch Mirror Myer's got something.

    The indirect buff will be less survivors running it.

    Oh yeah, I forgot no one would run it in general. Did you see the updated changes to Spine Chill?

1 2 ›