this game & devs have no hope

pretty much the title, im pretty sure we've all seen the patch notes and...

how do you manage to have a 40 perk rework & still dont acknowledge camping & tunneling?

Solo survivor is hard as is but now?? its literally unplayable.

5 second BT?! are you serious... when was the last time you guys played this game? killers already waited for 8 - 10 seconds for BT for ware off and you expect them to go away because of 5 seconds??? HOLY SH-

DS got nerfed but why? I thought it was good in its current state? i guess not since BHVR WANTS players to continue camping & tunneling

I cant believe BHVR tricked the whole community to be hyped & to stick around for these (NOT) amazing changes.

after 6 years this game has proven it cant keep or maintain the player base instead BHVR feeds off the new and incoming waves of players.

so glad our support & feedback is valued greatly

congrats BHVR, pretty good job so far. this update will surely keep the player base :))

Comments

  • @legacycolt said:

    Next week there’s a PTB, then we’ll see how things go. I don’t like some of these changes either but bhvr is always willing to change some things after they’re being tested in the PTB

    You're overly optimistic about the purpose of the ptb. It's 90% simply an early access. Even worse because we get an out-of-date build already.

    Moreover, they've been notoriously stubborn in forcing big changes down our throats whenever they put man-hours into those, despite massive community negative feedback.

    What you're reading in the devs' post is going to be the live version.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    This community has no hope

    no one will argue with you on that...

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018125#Comment_3018125

    You're overly optimistic about the purpose of the ptb. It's 90% simply an early access. Even worse because we get an out-of-date build already.

    Moreover, they've been notoriously stubborn in forcing big changes down our throats whenever they put man-hours into those, despite massive community negative feedback.

    What you're reading in the devs' post is going to be the live version.

    preetty much

    nothing really changes from PTB -----> live update

  • @bittercranberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018125#Comment_3018125

    PS4 & console is still excluded on PTB ://

    mm they kind of have to dont they??

    Yeah but you can watch streamers playing the PTB. I definitely will

  • @legacycolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018225#Comment_3018225

    Yeah but you can watch streamers playing the PTB. I definitely will

    I only watch one streamer & thats suzihunter :))

    dbd content creators suck except for Otz but even his videos are borring :/

    almost forgot SpooknJukes, his content is hilarious

  • @legacycolt said:

    Next week there’s a PTB, then we’ll see how things go. I don’t like some of these changes either but bhvr is always willing to change some things after they’re being tested in the PTB

    I honestly doubt the ptb will have many solo q plays, or even enough to gather proper data

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018125#Comment_3018125

    I'm gonna need receipts for that. My experience has mostly been them making minor adjustments, only when feedback is particularly intense, and then cramming down things no one asked for anyways.

    See Billy nerf, animation rework, HUD rework, etc.

    And even when they have to go back it still takes them a lot to admit the mistake and fix it, the HUD and animation things were blunders on the PTB yet they still shiped them hoping people would forget after a week, people didnt forgot and kept complaining until they decided to fix it, it took them two weeks from release to fix, take on acount people were already complaining on the PTB, saying it gave them eye strain (myself included, it was AWFUL had to stop playing untilt hey changed it), they didnt care, they were right, our eyes were wrong and thats it.

    P.D. I still dont know why they had to waste resources on the HUD, at first I tought it was because they were going to implement something to give info on what every Survivor was doing so Solo could get a buff which didnt impact SWF but after more than one year and nothing being added I still dont understand the change.

  • @KurnDisciple said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018247#Comment_3018247

    I don't get why people are complaining about this so much. If you as the killer, have gotten to endgame and the whole survivor team is still alive you deserve to lose. You are not entitled to a kill because you can stand in front of the hook lol.

    There's already tons of uncounterable endgame escapes for survivors, and it's barely something people complain about on here. The solution is to not let it get to endgame unless you have an endgame build.

    If I, as the killer have gotten to end game, and everyone is on second hook, I will take as many deaths as I can manage.

    If someone else, as a survivor, has made it to endgame and is still alive, it doesn't mean they deserve to escape.


    I know you weren't talking to me, but your comment annoyed me.

  • @Advorsus said:

    Everyone saying they didn't address camping in tunneling, but gave everyone what they asked for which was a weaker base kit BT. They definitely address tunneling. So I'm curious, what would you do to reduce/eliminate camping completely?

    Here's some ideas that most people have that behavior has tried.

    Reducing incentives for camping: They already reduced BP and point rewards, as well as they're incentivizing not camping this next patch. People still do it.

    Pausing the hook timer: They did that. It was abused by survivors so much they had to remove it almost immediately because the game was almost unplayable for killers.

    Giving the unhooker endurance would also lead to this happening as it would give both characters invincibility and would be heavily abused by survivors.

    Teleporting the hooked survivor away like with pyramidhead: This has already created issues within that killer where the killer can keep survivors from being able to save anyone by just walking within a certain distance. Killers would abuse this even more than camping to keep not only the hooked survivor preoccupied, but anyone coming for saves as well.

    So please, enlighten on what you would do to eliminate it completely? Lol

    Let palettes respawn :^)

  • Good luck getting to end game.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018357#Comment_3018357

    Your post is about specifically camping and tunneling this update and how they "didn't address it." I said that they have addressed camping and tunneling. Maybe my comment came off a little too "BHVR can't do anything wrong" oh trust me I know they can do PLENTY wrong and I don't entirely think that they did the best job with addressing it. However, like @C3Tooth said in their response to me, killers tunnel through BT and DS even now. So honestly, they can address camping and tunneling all they want, but they will still happen. The issue is people who say they didn't address it when they did. There is nothing BHVR can truly do to stop camping and tunneling because they can't control their player base. Camping and tunneling aren't like cooldown times or gen speeds where they're embedded in the coding of dbd. They are strategies that come from people's brains.

    Also, I genuinely want to know, from you. What do you think the devs SHOULD do to address camping and tunneling? Like you said, killers already wait things out like BT anyways, so what does it matter if BT is 5 seconds or 3 minutes? The killer will just wait it out if they're serious about tunneling you.

    It’s just stupid to reduce the ds stun if they want to avoid tunnling! They easily could make the stun 10 seconds to hurt tunnler, but hey: „this perk is overused“ 🤷🏼‍♂️

    All these upcoming changes do nothing against camping, cause for that it’s needed to have a chance to unhook. So why not simple: if the killer is in totale 30 seconds near than 24 meters near the hook while not in chase, the hooked survivor can selfunhooking (in stage 1&2) and get bt for 15 seconds.

  • @bittercranberry said:

    pretty much the title, im pretty sure we've all seen the patch notes and...

    how do you manage to have a 40 perk rework & still dont acknowledge camping & tunneling?

    Solo survivor is hard as is but now?? its literally unplayable.

    5 second BT?! are you serious... when was the last time you guys played this game? killers already waited for 8 - 10 seconds for BT for ware off and you expect them to go away because of 5 seconds??? HOLY SH-

    DS got nerfed but why? I thought it was good in its current state? i guess not since BHVR WANTS players to continue camping & tunneling

    I cant believe BHVR tricked the whole community to be hyped & to stick around for these (NOT) amazing changes.

    after 6 years this game has proven it cant keep or maintain the player base instead BHVR feeds off the new and incoming waves of players.

    so glad our support & feedback is valued greatly

    congrats BHVR, pretty good job so far. this update will surely keep the player base :))

    I'm not sure if you are trolling or not, but well. Reading your post, I assume you are mostly playing solo survivor, which is a huge pain in the butt. in like one-third of the matches someone gives up early or worse, just straight up DC. it's painful and if you want to win, don't play it (I know, terrific advice).

    1) It is sad that there are no solo Q changes, in fact, some things in the dev update seemed to actually nerf solos. I am sad about that.

    2) They literally acknowledged camping and tunneling explicitly in the dev update. So you are just wrong on that one. Maybe instead of the word "acknowledge" you wanted to say "addressed", I don't know.

    3) Why do you say solo survivor is now unplayable? What changed exactly what makes you feel that way?

    4) 5-second BT is better than 0-second BT most of the time when I play solo. So I'm very confused why this makes you mad. It's literally a basekit 5th perk for every survivor. This is a VERY powerful buff to survivors, especially solo because you can't rely on some team members bringing perks. You also get the speed boost, which will help you to reach a safer place in those 5 seconds and you still can run other perks that help you with these if you want to. (like SB)

    5) The DS nerf is laughable and very insignificant. The endgame disabling is basically fine. If you used it as an endgame crutch perk, well, your bad. It's very strong, but it should not be a 100% escape at that point. The stun duration is a bit concerning but only against blight and nurse, maybe MDR spirit. Sad, but if they keep the new OTR even slightly close to the current planned power level, it just doesn't matter

    6) No one tricked anyone. Some of us just see potential in the changes. btw It seems to me that with the base killer changes they affect more the m1 killers than the S-tier insane killers, which is good.

    Overall the more I read it the better it feels like killers got nerfed. Except for the 90s gen speed, killers lost ruin, pop, pain res. tinkerer got nerfed a bit. The only actual strong slowdown perk I see rn is pentimento, which is one of the best perks to encounter as a solo Q player (because you always know where the totems are)

    Survivors on the other hand lost DH and IW. which, lets be honest, IW was not really needed to win anyways. Instead, they got OP off the record, which is, btw, a selfish perk, so it helps solos, if you want to bring it. DS stayed almost the same, unbreakable untouched. boons untouched (which btw is insane). Additionally, EVERYONE got 5 second BT with optionally making it 15, which you should run if you plan on unhooking.

    I understand getting used to new things and changes many times is challenging and hard, because we got used to the old so much, but I am not exactly sure what makes you so upset. The only actual thing which you pointed out is 5 second BT, like it's a bad thing.

  • @Oiry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330160/this-game-devs-have-no-hope

    I'm not sure if you are trolling or not, but well. Reading your post, I assume you are mostly playing solo survivor, which is a huge pain in the butt. in like one-third of the matches someone gives up early or worse, just straight up DC. it's painful and if you want to win, don't play it (I know, terrific advice).

    1) It is sad that there are no solo Q changes, in fact, some things in the dev update seemed to actually nerf solos. I am sad about that.

    2) They literally acknowledged camping and tunneling explicitly in the dev update. So you are just wrong on that one. Maybe instead of the word "acknowledge" you wanted to say "addressed", I don't know.

    3) Why do you say solo survivor is now unplayable? What changed exactly what makes you feel that way?

    4) 5-second BT is better than 0-second BT most of the time when I play solo. So I'm very confused why this makes you mad. It's literally a basekit 5th perk for every survivor. This is a VERY powerful buff to survivors, especially solo because you can't rely on some team members bringing perks. You also get the speed boost, which will help you to reach a safer place in those 5 seconds and you still can run other perks that help you with these if you want to. (like SB)

    5) The DS nerf is laughable and very insignificant. The endgame disabling is basically fine. If you used it as an endgame crutch perk, well, your bad. It's very strong, but it should not be a 100% escape at that point. The stun duration is a bit concerning but only against blight and nurse, maybe MDR spirit. Sad, but if they keep the new OTR even slightly close to the current planned power level, it just doesn't matter

    6) No one tricked anyone. Some of us just see potential in the changes. btw It seems to me that with the base killer changes they affect more the m1 killers than the S-tier insane killers, which is good.

    Overall the more I read it the better it feels like killers got nerfed. Except for the 90s gen speed, killers lost ruin, pop, pain res. tinkerer got nerfed a bit. The only actual strong slowdown perk I see rn is pentimento, which is one of the best perks to encounter as a solo Q player (because you always know where the totems are)

    Survivors on the other hand lost DH and IW. which, lets be honest, IW was not really needed to win anyways. Instead, they got OP off the record, which is, btw, a selfish perk, so it helps solos, if you want to bring it. DS stayed almost the same, unbreakable untouched. boons untouched (which btw is insane). Additionally, EVERYONE got 5 second BT with optionally making it 15, which you should run if you plan on unhooking.

    I understand getting used to new things and changes many times is challenging and hard, because we got used to the old so much, but I am not exactly sure what makes you so upset. The only actual thing which you pointed out is 5 second BT, like it's a bad thing.

    stop pushing the narrative that people dont like change, its weird & NO THEY FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE since its still the same

    two of the most boring aspects of survivor got buffed:

    -more gens & buff to tunneling & camping

    tell me why should a killer should not camp when this update hits? I know I wouldnt since I can just slap deadlock on my build along with regression & NOED. also this rework was SUPPOSED to shake up meta but:

    before update: need BT & DS

    after update: still need BT & DS

    this was a chance to really let us use new perks and such but im failing to see why I should? a 5 second BT??? is that really reliable?

    I dont use DH or IW so I dont care for those perks, looping has always been easy in this game. say what you want but facecamping & tunneling is 80% of the gameplay already & making it more appealing does not help at all.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018411#Comment_3018411

    It’s just stupid to reduce the ds stun if they want to avoid tunnling! They easily could make the stun 10 seconds to hurt tunnler, but hey: „this perk is overused“ 🤷🏼‍♂️

    All these upcoming changes do nothing against camping, cause for that it’s needed to have a chance to unhook. So why not simple: if the killer is in totale 30 seconds near than 24 meters near the hook while not in chase, the hooked survivor can selfunhooking (in stage 1&2) and get bt for 15 seconds.

    literally just make it a 10 second DS

    and for people who says thats to long, its very COUNTERABLE if you dont tunnel

    im tired of this community acting like facecamping & tunneling gets punished by gens since we all know thats a different story in soloQ

    i just played against tunneling & camping spirit & nurse and its insane that people actually believe that casuals just have to adapt & get good.

    not everyone strives to be the ultimate comp DBD player :))

  • @bittercranberry said:

    pretty much the title, im pretty sure we've all seen the patch notes and...

    how do you manage to have a 40 perk rework & still dont acknowledge camping & tunneling?

    Solo survivor is hard as is but now?? its literally unplayable.

    5 second BT?! are you serious... when was the last time you guys played this game? killers already waited for 8 - 10 seconds for BT for ware off and you expect them to go away because of 5 seconds??? HOLY SH-

    DS got nerfed but why? I thought it was good in its current state? i guess not since BHVR WANTS players to continue camping & tunneling

    I cant believe BHVR tricked the whole community to be hyped & to stick around for these (NOT) amazing changes.

    after 6 years this game has proven it cant keep or maintain the player base instead BHVR feeds off the new and incoming waves of players.

    so glad our support & feedback is valued greatly

    congrats BHVR, pretty good job so far. this update will surely keep the player base :))

    There was literally a section called "Camping and Tunnelling" in the notes. Did you even read it?

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330160/this-game-devs-have-no-hope

    There was literally a section called "Camping and Tunnelling" in the notes. Did you even read it?

    did you even read that I just answered this :))

  • It was a terrible answer. They did acknowledge it. And made several changes to the game, even at a basekit. You not thinking it is enough does not mean it didn't happen, or get "acknowleged."

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024767#Comment_3024767

    It was a terrible answer. They did acknowledge it. And made several changes to the game, even at a basekit. You not thinking it is enough does not mean it didn't happen, or get "acknowleged."

    "it was a terrible answer." lmaoo

    please go into detail why im wrong

    coddling and continuing to give these devs a pass is just no.

    one game.

    one game mode.

    literally not asking much here just the bare minimum.

  • @bittercranberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024772#Comment_3024772

    "it was a terrible answer." lmaoo

    please go into detail why im wrong

    coddling and continuing to give these devs a pass is just no.

    one game.

    one game mode.

    literally not asking much here just the bare minimum.

    They did more then the bare minimum. They gave you half a BT basekit. That is GIGANTIC. To see here and look at that and try to say with a straight face that the developers did not acknowledge the issue with tunnelling is not even an opinion, it is just objectively wrong.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024784#Comment_3024784

    They did more then the bare minimum. They gave you half a BT basekit. That is GIGANTIC. To see here and look at that and try to say with a straight face that the developers did not acknowledge the issue with tunnelling is not even an opinion, it is just objectively wrong.

    whatever you say hon

  • for years i cant understand those complains about camping. i belive you call camping when there are 1 gen left with 90% and surv is hooked nearby. So strategic and logical desicions are considered by you as camping. You just want walk for free and unhook.


    i remember people when people compalined about camping when exit gates are open and one of surviviors is on hook. Like you have to walk away or go for a bait.

  • yes i am punching my computer screen as we speak

  • @bittercranberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024641#Comment_3024641

    stop pushing the narrative that people dont like change, its weird & NO THEY FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE since its still the same

    two of the most boring aspects of survivor got buffed:

    -more gens & buff to tunneling & camping

    tell me why should a killer should not camp when this update hits? I know I wouldnt since I can just slap deadlock on my build along with regression & NOED. also this rework was SUPPOSED to shake up meta but:

    before update: need BT & DS

    after update: still need BT & DS

    this was a chance to really let us use new perks and such but im failing to see why I should? a 5 second BT??? is that really reliable?

    I dont use DH or IW so I dont care for those perks, looping has always been easy in this game. say what you want but facecamping & tunneling is 80% of the gameplay already & making it more appealing does not help at all.

    It's a known scientific fact from psychology that people statistically don't like change. Basically humans rely a lot on habits, and changes force us out of the comfort zone and cause stress, but whatever :D

    I googled it in case my English was bad. To acknowledge means "To admit the existence or truth of. To express recognition of; make notice of." Since they literally had a whole paragraph named "camping & tunneling", we should all agree that they did acknowledge these aspects. I still believe the word you want to use is "addressed".

    In terms of tunneling, I believe adding the 5 second BT to every survivor on any team is a huge help both with tunneling and camping. DS got barely changed, but the real game-changer of course is Off the record. I believe hardcore tunneling was already not the best strategy in high MMR matches, now it's just straight-up a bad idea. Especially with other things, like the new WGLF perk granting endurance too. Focusing 2 or 3 survivors heavily is of course still the go-to strategy, which in the current realities of the game would be extremely hard to change.

    In terms of camping, I have to agree with you. the 90-second gen time looks scary, and they did not touch the ultimate dumb build perks, like deadlock. I do believe this can be a huge issue. On the other hand, trading hooks should be easier with basekit BT + Off the record should help with that EXCEPT against Bubba. But Bubba is a huge problem himself, unless the first survivor loops him for at least 60 seconds (+ the time for him to actually find that survivor), there is little chance to win.

    So yeah, camping is something that I think they should look at 100%

    Let's see the meta changes. Just because you don't run DH and IW it doesn't really matter in terms of the meta. You are not the meta, obviously.

    BT is still strong, but not nearly as mandatory.

    DS is strong, but you can use OTR instead.

    Is there going to be an absolutely huge meta shift on the survivor side? I think no. maybe some players will play endgame builds, but that's it.

    On the killer side, there is much more potential for huge changes

    I think it's a brave patch and a very big one. Is it perfect? absolutely not! Is it better than most of BHVR's patches? yeah, by far. I hope they do address camping more. Currently, if all survivors after spawning sit on gens, even if the first guy goes down relatively quickly, you can get a 3man escape. But the gen speed changes can indeed be crucial for this in case of a Bubba especially. Against most other killers you can trade at the last second and win an insane amount of additional time.

    Ohh, also sidenote: they should make Kinship not suck in Solo Q. that'd be really good


  • @Oiry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024716#Comment_3024716

    It's a known scientific fact from psychology that people statistically don't like change. Basically humans rely a lot on habits, and changes force us out of the comfort zone and cause stress, but whatever :D

    I googled it in case my English was bad. To acknowledge means "To admit the existence or truth of. To express recognition of; make notice of." Since they literally had a whole paragraph named "camping & tunneling", we should all agree that they did acknowledge these aspects. I still believe the word you want to use is "addressed".

    In terms of tunneling, I believe adding the 5 second BT to every survivor on any team is a huge help both with tunneling and camping. DS got barely changed, but the real game-changer of course is Off the record. I believe hardcore tunneling was already not the best strategy in high MMR matches, now it's just straight-up a bad idea. Especially with other things, like the new WGLF perk granting endurance too. Focusing 2 or 3 survivors heavily is of course still the go-to strategy, which in the current realities of the game would be extremely hard to change.

    In terms of camping, I have to agree with you. the 90-second gen time looks scary, and they did not touch the ultimate dumb build perks, like deadlock. I do believe this can be a huge issue. On the other hand, trading hooks should be easier with basekit BT + Off the record should help with that EXCEPT against Bubba. But Bubba is a huge problem himself, unless the first survivor loops him for at least 60 seconds (+ the time for him to actually find that survivor), there is little chance to win.

    So yeah, camping is something that I think they should look at 100%

    Let's see the meta changes. Just because you don't run DH and IW it doesn't really matter in terms of the meta. You are not the meta, obviously.

    BT is still strong, but not nearly as mandatory.

    DS is strong, but you can use OTR instead.

    Is there going to be an absolutely huge meta shift on the survivor side? I think no. maybe some players will play endgame builds, but that's it.

    On the killer side, there is much more potential for huge changes

    I think it's a brave patch and a very big one. Is it perfect? absolutely not! Is it better than most of BHVR's patches? yeah, by far. I hope they do address camping more. Currently, if all survivors after spawning sit on gens, even if the first guy goes down relatively quickly, you can get a 3man escape. But the gen speed changes can indeed be crucial for this in case of a Bubba especially. Against most other killers you can trade at the last second and win an insane amount of additional time.

    Ohh, also sidenote: they should make Kinship not suck in Solo Q. that'd be really good

    im not saying your wrong about your change & phycology but this is a video game and dont see how they correlate??

    its just opinion is all.

    ofc hardcore tunneling is bad when you go against good survivors who know how to loop. the problem is when those strats are used on casuals/ baby survivors & soloQ in general. its like almost 3-4K every time in my situations.

    and 100% i can predict that this update will:

    form a new meta & cycle begins again

    they need to address baseline game mechanics more because its the same thing after this patch.

    band aid over band aid fixes & we're still using perks to fix the issues within the game.

    all BHVR did was swap out perks and inserted new ones into Meta so like??

    is there really a difference? cause i dont see it

1 2 ›