We need to do better.

Quick and simple to the point on this one . Killers: Quit tunneling as much as possible . In return Survivors: Quit body blocking hooks and then having someone else remove the hook itself on as many hooks as they can . They aren't likely to make anything hard set so if we all want less bullshit to deal with in this game, we have to take personal responsibility.

Comments

  • Sounds like a one-sided trade.

  • @JakeCannon said:

    Quick and simple to the point on this one . Killers: Quit tunneling as much as possible . In return Survivors: Quit body blocking hooks and then having someone else remove the hook itself on as many hooks as they can . They aren't likely to make anything hard set so if we all want less bullshit to deal with in this game, we have to take personal responsibility.

    This is not equivalent exchange.

  • What else do killers need to stop doing then

  • @WeenieDog said:

    Sounds like a one-sided trade.

    Not really. If you 4 all decide to start undoing the hooks all over the map to where I literally can't do anything besides repeatedly hit them because there's no hooks is messed up. Tunneling is insanely annoying but it's not literally removing a fundamental part of how the game works .

  • Survivors that touch my hooks stay on the ground

  • It's just that in the situation you lay out, survivors gain two benefits.

    1) free saves

    2) more efficient, safe play from other survivors

    If someone is bodyblocking, I drop who I'm carrying and leave them slugged. And more often then not, leads into 2 incapacitated survivors with either one or both of the others off gens.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011719#Comment_3011719

    It's just that in the situation you lay out, survivors gain two benefits.

    1) free saves

    2) more efficient, safe play from other survivors

    If someone is bodyblocking, I drop who I'm carrying and leave them slugged. And more often then not, leads into 2 incapacitated survivors with either one or both of the others off gens.

    And while I completely understand what youre saying , I'm more just tryna come to an agreement of "if I dont do X,Y, and Z that pisses off the other side and is truly unfair, then you won't do the same thing back" which I know is like telling 13 year old kids in black ops 2 to not use racial slurs .

  • It's what else survivors need to do. What you offered up was weak for what killers would give up. @WeenieDog already summed it up.

    @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011727#Comment_3011727

    And while I completely understand what youre saying , I'm more just tryna come to an agreement of "if I dont do X,Y, and Z that pisses off the other side and is truly unfair, then you won't do the same thing back" which I know is like telling 13 year old kids in black ops 2 to not use racial slurs .

    If you patronize people, your goal does not appear genuine.

  • @JakeCannon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011727#Comment_3011727

    And while I completely understand what youre saying , I'm more just tryna come to an agreement of "if I dont do X,Y, and Z that pisses off the other side and is truly unfair, then you won't do the same thing back" which I know is like telling 13 year old kids in black ops 2 to not use racial slurs .

    I understand, but I just don't think there's much we as players can do to retaliate against players who break a truce. Unfortunately, dbd doesn't allow switching of any kind once we move past the lobby. It's not like overwatch where you can ask "if don't you play this, we won't either" and bring out the nukes if they flip on you mid match.

    But hopefully with the upcoming perk reworks may change things. Maybe some perks will be base kit to help solo queue combat things like that.

  • Or just play the game how you like and don’t get upset when someone else does the same. Because it’s only a game.

  • As someones who's played more survivor than killer - tunneling and camping will stop when toxic survivors stop teaching baby killers that they only way to secure objectives is by tunneling/camping. I've had games where I was forced to face camp the entire time bc they either weren't patient or didn't respect me at all. I don't think I'm a good killer and I'm baffled by the 3 qnd 4ks I've gotten because they were body blocking/unhooking in front of me

  • @Murderchan said:

    As someones who's played more survivor than killer - tunneling and camping will stop when toxic survivors stop teaching baby killers that they only way to secure objectives is by tunneling/camping. I've had games where I was forced to face camp the entire time bc they either weren't patient or didn't respect me at all. I don't think I'm a good killer and I'm baffled by the 3 qnd 4ks I've gotten because they were body blocking/unhooking in front of me

    Never been toxic in over thousands of hours and still get facecamped and tunneled. So saying killers only camp/tunnel because someone else was toxic is not very accurate. It just gives them easier kills so they do it.

  • Jeez. Actually OPs basic idea is great: lets try to write the wholesome communities rulebook in order to improve the gameplay experience for everyone.

    But, alas, it can't be, because this community can't decide on any common ground thats not 100% perfectly balanced, so lets just keep it toxic and fester :)

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012098#Comment_3012098

    Never been toxic in over thousands of hours and still get facecamped and tunneled. So saying killers only camp/tunnel because someone else was toxic is not very accurate. It just gives them easier kills so they do it.

    Just because you vouch for your own good will doesn't mean there isn't a lot of players that are toxic. You're also blaming someone for taking the easy road for securing objectives in a 1v4 game. Just because it feels unfair that you personally can't compete with the killer on objectives doesn't mean there isn't 3 other people there that can help you.

  • @Murderchan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012102#Comment_3012102

    Just because you vouch for your own good will doesn't mean there isn't a lot of players that are toxic. You're also blaming someone for taking the easy road for securing objectives in a 1v4 game. Just because it feels unfair that you personally can't compete with the killer on objectives doesn't mean there isn't 3 other people there that can help you.

    I'm not blaming anyone, I'm stating a fact. If you felt blamed, i guess guilt, it's a you problem.

    there aren't other "3 people that can help you" in solo q.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012138#Comment_3012138

    I'm not blaming anyone, I'm stating a fact. If you felt blamed, i guess guilt, it's a you problem.

    there aren't other "3 people that can help you" in solo q.

    Sick fast vault away from that convo B)

  • Glad you have really good arguments.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012098#Comment_3012098

    Never been toxic in over thousands of hours and still get facecamped and tunneled. So saying killers only camp/tunnel because someone else was toxic is not very accurate. It just gives them easier kills so they do it.

    And I'm probably the nicest killer you're ever likely to meet, and I still get BMed and mocked. Hell, I've been BMed *for being nice* on occasion.

    For the most part, killers camp and tunnel because that's the easiest path to victory - and after getting 4 SWFs in a row that send you to Badham or Eyrie with stacked perks and offerings, yes - some people are going to start being cheesy, because it feels like that's the only way to win.

    The issues are that:

    • Rather than pushing for a more sportsmanlike, welcoming community, the devs egg on the nastier side of the community indiscriminately - they've even said that they consider this an integral part of online gaming.
    • Due to the 'blind wager' nature of this game, you can lose matches before they start because you felt like playing nice, and running a low tier killer with a meme-y build, and the other side decided to bring the strongest stuff they can. After this happens a few times, and especially when you get taunted and mocked for losing - people are just going to start bringing the strongest stuff they can just in case, and play mean.
  • @Akumakaji said:

    Jeez. Actually OPs basic idea is great: lets try to write the wholesome communities rulebook in order to improve the gameplay experience for everyone.

    But, alas, it can't be, because this community can't decide on any common ground thats not 100% perfectly balanced, so lets just keep it toxic and fester :)

    Thats because what they are complaining about isn’t really toxic it’s just gameplay.

    What’s toxic is getting pissy over gameplay and demanding other players play how you want them too purely because you get pissy over gameplay.

    While the sentiment of being a better gaming community is fine. The way that happens is people just be good sports no matter what happens in game.

    Sadly the OP is just demanding people play how they want them too because there are things in game they don’t find fun so let’s call those things toxic and then shame anyone who does them and call it good manners.

    Its just an example of passive aggressive toxicity.

  • Also don't run dead hard, use borrowed time to body block when we try to go for the rescuer, don't teabag at the exit gates, don't do this that those or anything else in the game. This post wont do nothing because people will use whatever they want and do whatever they want because it's a video game

    Killers will camp and tunnel, killers will use the best addons, killers will do this that and those things because they can.

    We are human and you can't tell humans especially through an online forum what to do. The midchapter will change things but things won't change.