Tired of Autohaven and Swamp...

I mentioned this awhile ago but oh my God.... out of my 20 matches today, 12 of them were on variations of Autohaven/ Bloodlodge and the other 8 matches were in the Swamp. I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else. I know that loopers seem to like the Autohaven variations but it gets very old after awhile. Aside from bringing a map offering, does anyone else feel that they are getting these two areas far too often? I rarely get sent to the RPD, Lery's, Yamaoka Estate, Thompson House, Garden of Joy, or even Haddonfield. Even in my bloodweb the only map offerings that I've been getting in excess are Grandma's Cookbook and Azarov's Key.

Comments

  • Its part of the event, they made a survey where people voted for their favorite maps and increased the winners rate of being selected for the duration of the anniversary.

    Awful idea.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Its part of the event, they made a survey where people voted for their favorite maps and increased the winners rate of being selected for the duration of the anniversary.

    Awful idea.

    Damn really? I didn't know about that. I'm sorry but I agree with you... that's just terrible. I hate both of those maps... but considering that I like the RPD (as a Killer and Survivor), I guarantee that the people that like Autohaven and Swamp are the same people that hate maps like RPD.

  • I'll take autohaven and swamp... 9/10 matches I get one of the following unless I play an offering is RPD or Eyrie of crows.

  • I would be so happy if I never saw Autohaven ever again. Give me RPD any day.

  • @nameofuser said:

    I'll take autohaven and swamp... 9/10 matches I get one of the following unless I play an offering is RPD or Eyrie of crows.

    Personally, I would just like to see more variation. Even before the event most of my matches were Autohaven and Swamp. I try to save my offerings because anytime I bring my RPD offering, someone decides to use Azarov's Key (and I'm tempted to DC at this point).

  • @Cybil said:

    I would be so happy if I never saw Autohaven ever again. Give me RPD any day.

    Thank you! I love RPD regardless of which side I'm on. It's just a fun map with actual designs, etc. All anyone needs to do is practice or even play RE2 and they'll see how easy the map is to navigate. Some people still don't even know about Wesker's Office... lol.

  • @xBlitzAce1989x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009047#Comment_3009047

    Damn really? I didn't know about that. I'm sorry but I agree with you... that's just terrible. I hate both of those maps... but considering that I like the RPD (as a Killer and Survivor), I guarantee that the people that like Autohaven and Swamp are the same people that hate maps like RPD.

    There wasnt much to choose from, maps where divided on groups of 8 and you had to choose 2 of each group of something like that, if I remember it well a good chunk of maps werent even there.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009051#Comment_3009051

    There wasnt much to choose from, maps where divided on groups of 8 and you had to choose 2 of each group of something like that, if I remember it well a good chunk of maps werent even there.

    They really need to create more maps... for a game that's been around for 6 years, there should be a variety at this point.

  • It's funny because 9/10 of my matches seem to either be an Autohaven, Macmillan, or Badham map. I sometimes get Eyrie or RPD but they're usually offerings brought by survivors.

    Red Forest, Midwich, and Lery's are a real surprise for me and I like playing on them as I don't seem to get them all too often.

    Haddonfield feels like a myth for me at this point as I rarely ever get it, and don't even get me started on Garden of Joy! I've probably had that map like maybe 5 or 6 times since it came out. I've been getting my Feng to P3 which has cost me millions and millions of BP's yet I've not had ONE GoJ offering. It's kinda weird.

  • @sonata93 said:

    It's funny because 9/10 of my matches seem to either be an Autohaven, Macmillan, or Badham map. I sometimes get Eyrie or RPD but they're usually offerings brought by survivors.

    Red Forest, Midwich, and Lery's are a real surprise for me and I like playing on them as I don't seem to get them all too often.

    Haddonfield feels like a myth for me at this point as I rarely ever get it, and don't even get me started on Garden of Joy! I've probably had that map like maybe 5 or 6 times since it came out. I've been getting my Feng to P3 which has cost me millions and millions of BP's yet I've not had ONE GoJ offering. It's kinda weird.

    Same! I'd even prefer more Badham but literally every match for me has been Autohaven or Swamp. Anytime I bring a map offering, someone just happens to bring the Autohaven or Swamp offering (God only knows why...) I don't even choose maps based on looping or anything... I just don't like the generic boringness of Autohaven and Swamp at this point.

  • I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of Autohaven.

  • @lauraa said:

    I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of Autohaven.

    Thank you! I'm bringing realm offerings to each of my matches now. Everyone else seems to be bringing flan so this way things will even out.

  • Same, I hate autohaven, swamp and mcmillan with a passion.

  • The curated map thing was before the event, so its just a bad run of RNG. Seems to be happening more than usual though. Most nights its like 2 maps show up n thats all i get.

  • @xBlitzAce1989x said:

    I mentioned this awhile ago but oh my God.... out of my 20 matches today, 12 of them were on variations of Autohaven/ Bloodlodge and the other 8 matches were in the Swamp. I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else. I know that loopers seem to like the Autohaven variations but it gets very old after awhile. Aside from bringing a map offering, does anyone else feel that they are getting these two areas far too often? I rarely get sent to the RPD, Lery's, Yamaoka Estate, Thompson House, Garden of Joy, or even Haddonfield. Even in my bloodweb the only map offerings that I've been getting in excess are Grandma's Cookbook and Azarov's Key.

    Gimme those maps, i want those maps

    i kept getting Garden of Joy + rpd + lerys back to back to back,

    was ready to dc every match afterwards

  • The problem is it's not just "Autohaven, any map". It's specifically Gas Heaven. It has been like this for about three weeks and have been wondering if it's bugged? I know people tend to exaggerate but I recently had four matches back to back on that map. I know every piece of junk on there now. Compared to the other Autohaven maps it's also a terrible map for most killers. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

  • 6 or 10 matches in two days were Auto Heaven...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009047#Comment_3009047

    Is that still going? I thought it was only until June 7.

    @xfireturtlex said:

    The curated map thing was before the event, so its just a bad run of RNG. Seems to be happening more than usual though. Most nights its like 2 maps show up n thats all i get.

    I think the voting stuff was for the event because it also decided which kind of rewards for logging every day during the event we were going to get.

    Also I just keep getting the same maps over and over and coincidentally those were the ones on the polls.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Its part of the event, they made a survey where people voted for their favorite maps and increased the winners rate of being selected for the duration of the anniversary.

    Awful idea.

    YEP. This has been happening for me too. I personally jump for joy when I get any other map

  • I enjoy both Autohaven and Swamp

  • @Persephone_ said:

    The problem is it's not just "Autohaven, any map". It's specifically Gas Heaven. It has been like this for about three weeks and have been wondering if it's bugged? I know people tend to exaggerate but I recently had four matches back to back on that map. I know every piece of junk on there now. Compared to the other Autohaven maps it's also a terrible map for most killers. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

    For me, it has been either Azarov's Resting Place or Wretched Shop, arguably the better two variations

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009762#Comment_3009762

    For me, it has been either Azarov's Resting Place or Wretched Shop, arguably the better two variations

    Sorry, I meant I'm getting all the variations of that map... mostly Autohaven and Blood Lodge. It's just gotten so freaking annoying...

  • @Huntressmain_1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009047#Comment_3009047

    YEP. This has been happening for me too. I personally jump for joy when I get any other map

    LOL same! Feel free to join my matches. I make sure to bring map offerings because I know most of the other players will have flan so I'm not really losing out.

  • I know I'm so sad about it. I freaking love the Eerie, but rarely, RARELY get to go there. :/

  • @xBlitzAce1989x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3010006#Comment_3010006

    LOL same! Feel free to join my matches. I make sure to bring map offerings because I know most of the other players will have flan so I'm not really losing out.

    Lol thanks, we'll do

  • @THE_Crazy_Hyena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009762#Comment_3009762

    For me, it has been either Azarov's Resting Place or Wretched Shop, arguably the better two variations

    I mean, Wreckers Yard is the best one but I would take either of those in a heartbeat. I just can't stand Gas Heaven anymore with its stupid main building and stupid pallets and stupid long walls of cars! ๐Ÿ˜…

    Azarovs is actually so interesting on both sides, I find, because it plays so differently. You have to sweat a bit early on to keep a four gen on one side but after that it becomes a small map. Or prevent this from happening when you're a survivor. It makes for fun gameplay. Sanctum of Wrath is the only similar map.

  • i honestly never used map offerings but im happy i have like 900 of them, i can finally escape to any damn map