My one complaint about the Community Challenges

Once you are done with your contribution you just sit there and wait for the next one to unlock, which then repeats the same problem.

I think we should either be allowed to keep farming for this specific challenge to unlock the next one faster or we should be able to select and work towards the next challenges too once we are done with the previous one (of course the rewards would only be given out once the challenge has been completed).


I completed my 40 skill check contribution within like an hour of playing and now I've got nothing left to do.

Of course I started working on the personal challenges immediately afterwards, but given my current progress on them by the time Community Challenge number 2 is available I won't be having any of those left.

In my opinion the contribution limit makes those challenges a lot more boring than they could have been, it just feels like they drag out for no real reason (plus I hate not being able to influence the success of something that affects me at all, which I feel is now the case).

What are your thoughts on this? Am I alone with this or do others feel the same way about them?

Thanks and I'll see you in the fog!

Comments

  • Considering that the math says we would need 750,000 players to complete the 1st challenge I think they might need to tweak the challenges by losing a 0 or 2

  • 1st, I agree with you about being able to contribute beyond the required 40 (and, actually, are we sure that we can’t?)

    2nd, if you finish everything early, don’t forget that the 4th page of the normal rift is still there to work on! I know, it doesn’t fully address your concern, but at least it’s something to work toward while you wait.

  • If you leave it on it continues to count your contributions past 40. I had it on while I was playing killer for my masquerade masks and end of match it was showing I was over 100 for gens kicked.

    I do think they should have the community challenge automatically counting your contributions instead of having to select it over an individual challenge.

  • @FixTheArtist said:

    Considering that the math says we would need 750,000 players to complete the 1st challenge I think they might need to tweak the challenges by losing a 0 or 2

    BHVR claims to have 2 million daily players. It'd be very embarrassing if those challenges don't get completed.

  • Everything a player does should go towards the current community challenge, whether that player has it selected or not. Or allow players to work on both a personal challenge and community challenge at the same time, having one on each web selected. Something. It's going to take way too long to get community challenges done. And there are multiple challenges, all which have to be done sequentially.

    I really prefer other games' community challenges, where they're always active and you're always contributing to them even if you're not tracking your progress.

    Edit: It looks like the "Destroy or Rebuild" community challenge continues counting past 40, as one of my accounts has 51/40 as my personal contribution, so at least it doesn't seem to limit each player's contributions. This is still going to take too long considering the bloated goal and that there are multiple community challenges that must be done sequentially.

  • I like your idea that we could be able to start contributing to the next challenge and just receive the rewards once the community goal is met. I don't mind it so much but yeah I do find myself checking it every now and then like 'damn y'all really struggling to kick/fix some gens?'

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003249#Comment_3003249

    BHVR claims to have 2 million daily players. It'd be very embarrassing if those challenges don't get completed.

    I wouldn't say it's embarrassing. I'd guess less than half of the players even look at the challenges. It's probably their attempt to get more people clicking on tomes. Hopefully, they'll adjust the numbers when it's clear it isn't working.

  • Wait. Do you have to select the challenge to contribute to it? Do you not get a reward if you don't? If it's done and I haven't contributed, can I still get the reward after?

    I wish I checked a little closer before I left the house for 12 hours, damnit.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003249#Comment_3003249

    BHVR claims to have 2 million daily players. It'd be very embarrassing if those challenges don't get completed.

    If that were even close to true then these challenges shouldn't take more than a day, yet here we are. We all know they aren't telling the truth

  • I agree. A repeatable 40 skill checks for 15k would hurt nothing. Better yet, they should have made it a killer vs survivor type thing for each community challenge, make you choose a side and whoever meets the quota first gets a special killer/survivor reward. They could have done many things with it.

  • you can still progress the community goal after you meet the personal goal

  • I don't own those 2 characters so what's the point in doing them?

  • It goes over 40 if you leave it selected

  • @bm33 said:

    If you leave it on it continues to count your contributions past 40. I had it on while I was playing killer for my masquerade masks and end of match it was showing I was over 100 for gens kicked.

    I do think they should have the community challenge automatically counting your contributions instead of having to select it over an individual challenge.

    Thats weird, cause mine stopped at 40 when I completed it...

    My last match with the challenge I entered with 37/40 and I know I did more skillchecks than 3 that match, yet the challenge said it had 40/40 contributions afterwards.

    I'll have to take your word for it though and I'll test it out again later.

    That said, if it actually does work and goes over 40, then the challenges are very poorly worded. Why do they even have a X/40 counter on them, if 40 is not actually the limit? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to simply count your contribution towards the challenge instead, without the whole "out of 40" stuff?


    Anyway, thanks to everyone for the answers!

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003254#Comment_3003254

    Thats weird, cause mine stopped at 40 when I completed it...

    My last match with the challenge I entered with 37/40 and I know I did more skillchecks than 3 that match, yet the challenge said it had 40/40 contributions afterwards.

    I'll have to take your word for it though and I'll test it out again later.

    That said, if it actually does work and goes over 40, then the challenges are very poorly worded. Why do they even have a X/40 counter on them, if 40 is not actually the limit? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to simply count your contribution towards the challenge instead, without the whole "out of 40" stuff?

    Anyway, thanks to everyone for the answers!

    The 'out of 40' is merely so you personally can claim the reward when the community challenge is finished.

    If you haven't hit the 40 yourself, you won't get the reward even when the community finishes it.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003254#Comment_3003254

    Thats weird, cause mine stopped at 40 when I completed it...

    My last match with the challenge I entered with 37/40 and I know I did more skillchecks than 3 that match, yet the challenge said it had 40/40 contributions afterwards.

    I'll have to take your word for it though and I'll test it out again later.

    That said, if it actually does work and goes over 40, then the challenges are very poorly worded. Why do they even have a X/40 counter on them, if 40 is not actually the limit? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to simply count your contribution towards the challenge instead, without the whole "out of 40" stuff?

    Anyway, thanks to everyone for the answers!

    When I originally "finished" it only showed 40/40. When I kept playing I was only seeing the higher number at end of my matches when I'd check during the end game screen, when I went back to menus and would check it went back to showing 40/40. It's definitely broken in showing that it is continuing to count contributions when selected.

  • You are supposed to continue racking points up for the community challenge, but its rather punishing that you can't do any other challenges during that time. I so want to tackle my 12 green glyphs (ugh) while there is at least a chance for chill-ish games, but on the other hand I also want to do my part. Decisions, decisions.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004008#Comment_3004008

    The 'out of 40' is merely so you personally can claim the reward when the community challenge is finished.

    If you haven't hit the 40 yourself, you won't get the reward even when the community finishes it.

    That's my assumption too, but still: it should say that somewhere.

    It's just way too vague in its description IMO. Neither does it tell you that it actually does count past the 40, nor does it say that those 40 are merely the requirement to collect the reward later on.

    Plus with what @bm33 said, it seems to be bugged and does not show you when you go over 40 in a single match, which just further adds to the confusion.

  • I got all my rewards from tome 4 so I'll be trying to grind the community challenges. Any perks recommended for survivor to help get skill checks?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004021#Comment_3004021

    I mean it doesn't matter because realistically there probably aren't going to be enough people with the challenge equipped to get these goals done in a reasonable amount of time. Especially after people complete their personal goal, since the game doesn't make it crystal clear that you can keep contributing after you do your personal goal. This is assuming that the second page has more community challenges, though. But then again, there's also the possibility that all the community challenges are only on the first page so when we do move on to the 2nd, that's just another barrier to entry for these challenges.

    I hate the implementation so much. I don't know how this got through to live.

    In a different thread Mandy said after doing your 40 personal you don't contribute towards it anymore so don't waste time on that challenege

  • @FixTheArtist said:

    Considering that the math says we would need 750,000 players to complete the 1st challenge I think they might need to tweak the challenges by losing a 0 or 2

    @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3003249#Comment_3003249

    BHVR claims to have 2 million daily players. It'd be very embarrassing if those challenges don't get completed.

    Looking at it now, we'd need all the challenges to be active simultaneously, and even then it's unlikely they'd be completed.

    At the current rate, assuming that we peak this weekend and fall off next week, we might get to the final one on the first page, but no further.

    EDIT:

    @Xx_Daniel_xX69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004046#Comment_3004046

    In a different thread Mandy said after doing your 40 personal you don't contribute towards it anymore so don't waste time on that challenege

    Oh.

    Then these are frankly impossible, and very stupidly designed.

  • Screenshot_20220617-170105_Facebook.jpg

    Looks like the math wasn't working out after all.