Anniversary Cakes Should Expire or be Retired if Unused

There's a lot of people sitting on inventory of cakes, including myself. There is no point in hoarding these items as we only further contribute to the grind in the game.

I believe that anniversary cakes/flans should expire at the end of the year or close to the next anniversary event so to not go unused.

If you really want to keep it in your inventory, it will still stay but should be put under "Offering No Longer Available"/"This Offering Has Been Retired"

Comments

  • No one else is entitled to the cakes I unlock in my Bloodweb.

    Even if they get retired, as long as they stay in my inventory rather than disappear (like the Hawkins Lab offerings did), then I will sit on them. Hell, I trash BPS when I Prestige, so even if they disappear I might not use them.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328475/anniversary-cakes-should-expire-or-be-retired-if-unused

    Ok, if there is an event at your Job,

    and you work extra hours, and don't spend the money you got,

    would you be fine if they reduced that money you made to atoms?

    If I sign a contract that my employer can garnish my wages even after they are earned and deposited into my preferred banking method, than yes it would be fair, that is a contract i signed. Same goes with this game you play, you sign to allow the devs to limit or even fully revoke your right to play (this includes offerings) at their own discretion. FYI, the example you gave is not a realistic comparison as it implies my employer can control my entire existence much like DBD controls a players entire account of the game.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002303#Comment_3002303

    yes I would call it that. Your grind is no one elses issue except yours. You are trying to push to punish other players just because they wont share their offerings. Kind of petty

    your right, my grind is my own, but the grind is everyone's. No one has better or faster ways to get to one bloodweb to the next as we all use the same currency (excluding bloodpoint events, multipliers, etc.). My case stands that saving cakes should still be a thing but only until the next event where more cakes can be earned and used.

  • @agonizing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002440#Comment_3002440

    If I sign a contract that my employer can garnish my wages even after they are earned and deposited into my preferred banking method, than yes it would be fair, that is a contract i signed. Same goes with this game you play, you sign to allow the devs to limit or even fully revoke your right to play (this includes offerings) at their own discretion. FYI, the example you gave is not a realistic comparison as it implies my employer can control my entire existence much like DBD controls a players entire account of the game.

    yeah but what you recommended is a cringe, controlly, unfun, unfair, unjust and overall no idea

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002647#Comment_3002647

    yeah but what you recommended is a cringe, controlly, unfun, unfair, unjust and overall no idea

    If that's your opinion that's fine, that's what the forums are for. I would recommend using more relatable/realistic examples for future arguments though.

  • @agonizing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002028#Comment_3002028

    Incorrect, if you've been playing this game long enough, you will have killer offerings (offering that let you play as a different killer) for the trial. These offerings were retired but still sit in my inventory.

    The reason the cakes should be retired is that there are many people who hoard the cakes and never use them for the intended purposes but merely sit on them. You can look at other streamers showing off how many cakes they have from past events some in the hundreds place.

    But I like my flan

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Wow. Who pissed in your cornflakes. Just because you don't want them, doesn't mean other people don't. Ask for a delete button, that way you can continue to ruin your own fun instead of everyone else's.

    Saying I don’t want them and saying I don’t want them to be unused are completely different statements. Please try to thoroughly read the post before commenting on false narratives.

  • the point of this thread seems to be "i want to force people to use their bp offerings when i want instead of when they want", if i'm reading this correctly

    i would posit the following: who care

  • Reading this just made me want to use mine even less. I will just keep my cakes and bloody party streamers to myself. I already have everyone p3 so i have no need to use them and it's not my job to help others.

  • I don't understand the reasoning for this lol

    I've been using cakes every game and I've got 350 stored. So there's no way someone can use all their cakes unless they waste bp.

  • @Jaxton2000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002207#Comment_3002207

    It would be very easy to just allow the expiration date to be a couple weeks after the event ends to avoid this type of problem.

    I already have over 200 of them in total. And that was just my 4mio BP I had saved for the event. Not to mention all the cakes I got by just playing one evening...

    I will have 1k of these on all characters combined. If you let them expire, I can't even get rid of them fast enough.

    It would be just dumb. And some people like to save these for other events like Blood hunts.

  • What it does in reality is just giving less bp for everyone I think, if dev wants to increase the grind then that'd be the way but I doubt that's the case.

1 2 ›