This event is pretty impressive

I see a bunch of complaining about this event already and its kind of sad really. I just wanted to show some appreciation. I love the aesthetic and I think this is the best event I've seen yet. Well done

Comments

  • Can’t wait to get home from work and start playing the mini-Tome.

  • To be fair, the events themselves are almost never the issue. A lot of good work goes into them.

    It's the people playing it lol.

  • I will back you and your claim and am still hopeful, even though I already had some bad experiences in just 3 games. I remember past events in which I would casually hunt some survivors and everyone was throwing crackers everywhere and walked out with a big phat stack of bloodpoints. Is it really that hard to just enjoy and celebrate? :D

  • It's a very cool event, the decorations are nice and the rewards are really great. Most events are very good honestly, the only problem is that the community turns it into a sweat feast every single time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I agree, the event is beautiful. I just have one major concern about the survivor unlock condition. If it's as it says that you "have to survive until the exit gates are open" this causes problems. The major one is entitlement. For example in closed hatch scenarios survivors will be toxic to killers for not letting them open the gate. 2nd one is that escaping through the hatch wouldn't even unlock the item, last year it did, so this makes it harder. 3rd one is that people will be less keen to 99 the gates and open it instead and this opens up Blood Warden plays. Some might like that but this would be extremely frustrating to play against now.

    That detail feels like it has malicious intent behind it, but otherwise, it's a nice event.

    About your 3rd point, not trying to be mean, but I think the only people that runs blood warden are me and John sitting in the corner over there, lol

  • My only issue with the event itself is the envelopes. Half the time the map is so big and I can't even get a full rotation. I have made laps around maps and never found my envelope and it is kind of annoying

  • I am really enjoying it too, however, are you supposed to unlock a mask even if you don't escape with the envelope? Last two matches I collected an envelope, died, and still unlocked a mask.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    My only issue with the event itself is the envelopes. Half the time the map is so big and I can't even get a full rotation. I have made laps around maps and never found my envelope and it is kind of annoying

    So how does this work? Is there a pillar with an invitation for everyone on trial? Is it only for you? Does it move? I am so confused, I played about 6 games but only found one invitation.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I am really enjoying it too, however, are you supposed to unlock a mask even if you don't escape with the envelope? Last two matches I collected an envelope, died, and still unlocked a mask.

    As survivor you unlock it when the gates or hatch are open. If nothing was open, then no it's not normal (but good for you lol)

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    My only issue with the event itself is the envelopes. Half the time the map is so big and I can't even get a full rotation. I have made laps around maps and never found my envelope and it is kind of annoying

    My best advice is dont actively look for them. That way if you dont find them you're not disappointed. When you find them it'll be a pleasant surprise. Worst case scenario play killer and throw the match looking for it. You got till the 30th so dont sweat it so much

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002087#Comment_3002087

    So how does this work? Is there a pillar with an invitation for everyone on trial? Is it only for you? Does it move? I am so confused, I played about 6 games but only found one invitation.

    Apparently there is one that spawns in a match. When someone grabs it then it will respawn shortly after

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002087#Comment_3002087

    So how does this work? Is there a pillar with an invitation for everyone on trial? Is it only for you? Does it move? I am so confused, I played about 6 games but only found one invitation.

    it respawns, this is what you looking for for those who not sure what it looks like

    event-thing.jpg


  • Thanks, this clears things up a bit. I got my third one by now. Yeah, its just the start and I already

    @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002087#Comment_3002087

    My best advice is dont actively look for them. That way if you dont find them you're not disappointed. When you find them it'll be a pleasant surprise. Worst case scenario play killer and throw the match looking for it. You got till the 30th so dont sweat it so much

    Yeah, its just the start and I already got 1/4 of the special cosmetics, so no need to sweat it, but I just wanted to clear up how the event works.

    Honestly, the biggest issue is that the survivors sweat it like mad this event. I had not a single game with just some fooling around and playing around, only 2-3 gens the first minute and keep that pace. But from what I am hearing, killer aint much better :P

  • @Annso_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002090#Comment_3002090

    As survivor you unlock it when the gates or hatch are open. If nothing was open, then no it's not normal (but good for you lol)

    No they were opened, that explains it, thanks.

  • I will say, I love events like this because of the balloons and special effects like the lights on lockers.

    When you grab an invitation and look extra sparkly and cool. That's pretty nice too.

    The bloodpoints, special login rewards... all around this anniversary is pretty rewarding. If we compared it to a gacha game in rewards though, not even close.