The Garden of Joy main building summed up in one image

20220615173252_1.jpg

Bet you can't get guess what cosmetics i'm wearing :)

In all seriousness though, the main building on Garden of Joy is both ridiculously dark and ridiculously strong, the dining hall window, the window that spawns right by the house Generator, and the window at the end of this hallway are insanely strong, a building like this wouldn't have been out of place on Pre-Rework Haddonfield

Personally, i think that the building being as strong as it is is fine, but i would do two things, add some extra lights, and remove the dining room window, the rest are fine due to being high enough to trigger a stagger, but the one in the dining room is very obnoxious and shouldn't exist

Comments

  • I wonder how it looks with filters some pc players use.

    Maybe someone will post.

  • So the house is bugged with lighting. Which isn't an issue for me since I'm not on pc. But for the windows it feels like the devs forgot to add breakable walls.

  • Man, that chest. You can only find it by feeling your way along the wall. The lighting in that building is absurd.

  • @ACleverName4Me said:

    So the house is bugged with lighting. Which isn't an issue for me since I'm not on pc. But for the windows it feels like the devs forgot to add breakable walls.

    I'm on Series X and it looks similar although I can see faintly some of the trim and lines in the floor in the main room downstairs but I have to squint to really make any of it out. They should add a lightsource there, even if it's not that bright. Same with the room upstairs where a gen usually spawns by 2 lockers and a breakable wall (that I didn't know existed until I played killer one day and got lucky). I also didn't know there was a chest in the house. Not even sure which room this is.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Man, that chest. You can only find it by feeling your way along the wall. The lighting in that building is absurd.

    Deadass i would not have known it was there had i not been running Plunderers Instinct

    Lighting (or lack thereof in this case) in order to create a creepy atmosphere requires a balance between what the player can see and what the player cannot, which the devs seemingly forgot to do and just decided to make most of the house pitch black

  • The thing that i find the most concerning is, that they reworked Haddonfield, because of the house of pain. Only to introduce house of pain 2.0 with garden of joy.

    Like, didn´t they learn that a house with multiple windows is a bad idea?

  • @Tsulan said:

    The thing that i find the most concerning is, that they reworked Haddonfield, because of the house of pain. Only to introduce house of pain 2.0 with garden of joy.

    Like, didn´t they learn that a house with multiple windows is a bad idea?

    It's worse with how the stagger effect is a non-issue since a killer is forced to vault the windows as well to catch up.

  • Here's my pic on the Series X

    4dabe2c3-776e-489b-8e33-73856d95b8b0.png

    I'm pretty sure I'm in front of the breakable wall!

  • @ACleverName4Me said:

    So the house is bugged with lighting. Which isn't an issue for me since I'm not on pc. But for the windows it feels like the devs forgot to add breakable walls.

    It’s bugged, which means it might get fixed in three months

  • @Shaped said:

    I wonder how it looks with filters some pc players use.

    Maybe someone will post.

    Looks the same, I use with some gama+ and it's still dark af

  • @Belzher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3000216#Comment_3000216

    Looks the same, I use with some gama+ and it's still dark af

    Damn.

  • I was absolutely convinced that there would never again be a DBD map more atrocious than Raccoon City Police Station.


    BHVR proved me wrong. :)