HOW TO BUFF DEATHSLINGER!!!

It's no secret that Deathslinger is UTTERLY USELESS now after the nerf. So I think we should give him his snapshot back. People say it had no counterplay, but it did. As long as I messed up the shot and sucked at Deathslinger in general it was balanced and counterable. Survivor mains are just so entitled these days...

I also think he should get a horse. It moves at 8.7 meters per second, and Caleb goes "YEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWW" while the horse stands on its back legs and neighs. Any survivor hit by the horse suffers the "trampled" status affect and is affected with hindered for the rest of the match.

SPECIAL ABILITY: SLIDE

After breaking into a sprint, The Deathslinger can do a slide to gain more momentum. If The Deathslinger gains enough speed he unlocks his secondary ability, WALL RUN. In WALL RUN The Deathslinger will be able to free aim his gun while running on the wall. He can also wall-run with the horse equipped.

Also I think its RIDICULOUS that we don't have any other options but iron sights! I think after 4 headshots you should be able to unlock a laser sight that increases accuracy. As well as unlock better guns, such as, a sniper rifle, a shotgun, and a full automatic light machine gun.

Comments

  • Deathslinger has screwed leg and you want him to slide? That doesn't fit his theme at all...

    Yes, we know you like attack on titan, but he is just not good for it.


    I want laser sight tho... that would work for sure :D

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    Deathslinger has screwed leg and you want him to slide? That doesn't fit his theme at all...

    Yes, we know you like attack on titan, but he is just not good for it.

    I want laser sight tho... that would work for sure :D

    okay but what about the wall running horse?

  • Now this is getting interesting

  • All great ideas :)

  • How to buff him:

    Step 1: Don't.

  • reverting his nerf would be sufficient...

  • With old slinger what was the bigger problem the quick ads shots or the zoning from the quick ads?

  • Titanfall but with horses

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3110611#Comment_3110611

    Zoning. Which is funny, because his zoning is currently better than before.

    The zoning problem could have just been fixed by adding a slow down to bringing the gun back down after pulling it up.

  • Let me press the active ability button on a downed survivor to spike then into the ground preventing recovery progression and movement.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3110495#Comment_3110495

    Imagine not wanting one of the weakest killers buffed...

    Sad.

    if u think deathslinger is weak then that says more about your skill level with him.

  • As much as i love the idea of him having a horse and go bonkers on the field, i tink that just by reversing his nerf it would be allright, slinger its meent to be a strong 1v1 killer, he has 0 global presence and preasure, survivors complaining he has no counter honestly are the in my eyes the same ones that are complaining on the forum about leaving the game because of the nerf to DH, they just want easy games and hump the exit like maniacs

  • Give us his quickscope back and everyones happy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I was starting to think he had a buff or something. Went from seeing him once in a blue moon to 5 last night. Scratching my head why so many were playing him.

    It probably is partially because he is the only ranged killer to fully benefit from all the general killer buffs in the last patch.

    Also gens going to 90s makes his ridiculously bad 1v4 less of a problem.

  • "People say it had no counterplay, but it did. As long as I messed up the shot and sucked at Deathslinger in general it was balanced and counterable."

    Lol, a counterplay to a killer should be that they have to mess up. Great logic 🙂

  • @theTARNavsky said:

    "People say it had no counterplay, but it did. As long as I messed up the shot and sucked at Deathslinger in general it was balanced and counterable."

    Lol, a counterplay to a killer should be that they have to mess up. Great logic 🙂

    sounds like god pallets and safe pallets for survivor. why should i need wait for a survivor to make a mistake for me to down them.

  • @Vampwire said:

    It's no secret that Deathslinger is UTTERLY USELESS now after the nerf. So I think we should give him his snapshot back. People say it had no counterplay, but it did. As long as I messed up the shot and sucked at Deathslinger in general it was balanced and counterable. Survivor mains are just so entitled these days...

    I also think he should get a horse. It moves at 8.7 meters per second, and Caleb goes "YEEEEEHAAAAAAWWWW" while the horse stands on its back legs and neighs. Any survivor hit by the horse suffers the "trampled" status affect and is affected with hindered for the rest of the match.

    SPECIAL ABILITY: SLIDE

    After breaking into a sprint, The Deathslinger can do a slide to gain more momentum. If The Deathslinger gains enough speed he unlocks his secondary ability, WALL RUN. In WALL RUN The Deathslinger will be able to free aim his gun while running on the wall. He can also wall-run with the horse equipped.

    Also I think its RIDICULOUS that we don't have any other options but iron sights! I think after 4 headshots you should be able to unlock a laser sight that increases accuracy. As well as unlock better guns, such as, a sniper rifle, a shotgun, and a full automatic light machine gun.

    As main Deathslinger, the changes that are not very crazy that I would do are these. Currently Deathslinger, raises and lowers the weapon slowly, because the Survivors complained that it was "not fun to play against" Deathslinger does not have to be fun, he is a murderer, he has to kill and disturb the work of the Survivor in some way . So my first change I would say is to make the weapon go up fast like the previous Deathslinger, but keep the weapon down slowly, after that, have the Deathslinger reduce its terror radius from 32 meters to 24, like the previous one, he is the only Killer that walks at 4.4, and has a huge terror radius, it would lower his range to 24 meters again, then when he is hanging a Survivor and carry him on his shoulders, he would give him a speed of 4.6 , he is extremely weak at hanging Survivors, and as a last change, that this should have been implemented as a base for him, long ago, that if the Deathslinger is pulling a Survivor with the chain, without any obstacles in between, that he cannot No allied Survivor should come to stand in front of the chain, to break it faster, so as not to collide with other Survivors.

  • @ElSegador said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/327870/how-to-buff-deathslinger

    As main Deathslinger, the changes that are not very crazy that I would do are these. Currently Deathslinger, raises and lowers the weapon slowly, because the Survivors complained that it was "not fun to play against" Deathslinger does not have to be fun, he is a murderer, he has to kill and disturb the work of the Survivor in some way . So my first change I would say is to make the weapon go up fast like the previous Deathslinger, but keep the weapon down slowly, after that, have the Deathslinger reduce its terror radius from 32 meters to 24, like the previous one, he is the only Killer that walks at 4.4, and has a huge terror radius, it would lower his range to 24 meters again, then when he is hanging a Survivor and carry him on his shoulders, he would give him a speed of 4.6 , he is extremely weak at hanging Survivors, and as a last change, that this should have been implemented as a base for him, long ago, that if the Deathslinger is pulling a Survivor with the chain, without any obstacles in between, that he cannot No allied Survivor should come to stand in front of the chain, to break it faster, so as not to collide with other Survivors.

    So Deathslinger shouldn't be fair and survivors can't cooperate as a team to counter him? All you're asking is removing dynamics to make him a really linear and braindead killer.

  • @theTARNavsky said:

    "People say it had no counterplay, but it did. As long as I messed up the shot and sucked at Deathslinger in general it was balanced and counterable."

    Lol, a counterplay to a killer should be that they have to mess up. Great logic 🙂

    Yes that would be the joke.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3113700#Comment_3113700

    Slinger is weak. I know this from playing against him. He's incredibly telegraphed to the point that all he can reliably do is zone. All he has is anti-loop and it's too counter able to justify him not having anything else

    He has some of the best anti-loop in the game idk what you're on about. He can literally pull himself around corners and keep u in place for a hit. His zoning is insane if you use it intelligently. As well as being able to pull people out of position mid chase or getting a guaranteed hit at nearly every window. His telegraph is what makes him fair. Nothing about snap-shots was healthy or good for the game. Asking for old Slinger back is just asking to put him back on easy mode. Most people suck balls at Deathslinger. I'd say most killers you face in an average match are usually terrible. You can base your opinion off of those matches or u can take it from someone who plays him regularly. The only things I would change about him would be the terror radius to allow him to snipe more often, an add-on pass and some quality of life. He's in a very good spot as is.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Titanfall but with horses

    Yea just give us cowboy titan fall smh

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116435#Comment_3116435

    LOL

    Spoken like someone at low MMR. His zoning is insane, but only if the survivor allows it to be insane. Against a good survivor, Slinger will very rarely hit any shots.

    On top of that, Slinger has nothing but chase. His chase isn't fast enough to stop survivors from getting out in three minutes. He's bottom 5 because of this.

    Yet again, if you struggle getting downs or landing shots with Slinger, that's on you. Him with STBFL takes an already strong killer to a higher level. So if you struggle with him, try that. His power is playable in basically every loop. His 1v1 is what lets him build pressure. The only time I'd say he's weak is on Haddonfield and Lerys, where its hard to set up shots because of the close quarters. But even then they're the maps I have the most fun with him on because of the shots you can hit. Once you learn where you can and can't shoot, it becomes really hard for survivors to get anywhere. You can sometimes hit survivors over loops you can't even see them on. I don't think anyone who talks about reverting his nerf realizes his true potential. And you're only showing me that I'm right.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3113890#Comment_3113890

    He has some of the best anti-loop in the game idk what you're on about. He can literally pull himself around corners and keep u in place for a hit. His zoning is insane if you use it intelligently. As well as being able to pull people out of position mid chase or getting a guaranteed hit at nearly every window. His telegraph is what makes him fair. Nothing about snap-shots was healthy or good for the game. Asking for old Slinger back is just asking to put him back on easy mode. Most people suck balls at Deathslinger. I'd say most killers you face in an average match are usually terrible. You can base your opinion off of those matches or u can take it from someone who plays him regularly. The only things I would change about him would be the terror radius to allow him to snipe more often, an add-on pass and some quality of life. He's in a very good spot as is.

    people severely underestimate slinger's strength idk why. maybe there just aren't a lot of good slingers around, especially post-nerf

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    Deathslinger has screwed leg and you want him to slide? That doesn't fit his theme at all...

    Yes, we know you like attack on titan, but he is just not good for it.

    I want laser sight tho... that would work for sure :D

    Just give Deathslinger some Heelys and call it a day lol.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3117374#Comment_3117374

    Mhm. Sure. The higher level, where only Nurse and Blight are viable. Slinger definitely has a place there.

    Look, just because you play bad survivors doesn't mean the rest of us do. Slinger is trash.

    cope and keep reflecting

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116435#Comment_3116435

    people severely underestimate slinger's strength idk why. maybe there just aren't a lot of good slingers around, especially post-nerf

    It's because they never had to actually learn his mechanics before the nerf. I loved him when he came out but he was so brainless that I felt bad playing him. So, instead of taking the time to learn him and how to play him, they beg for the easier and busted Slinger.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3114552#Comment_3114552

    So Deathslinger shouldn't be fair and survivors can't cooperate as a team to counter him? All you're asking is removing dynamics to make him a really linear and braindead killer.

    And no, the assassin is still a 4.4 movement speed assassin, who has no Tps, the chain continues to be cut by structures, he can crouch to avoid the Harpoon, he can crouch in a structure, he can even move the Survivor to dodge the shot, the only thing is that perhaps it will be less predictable, that is, you will not see exactly where it is pointing, like the previous Harpooner, the Harpooner is extremely slow, in chase, in the field, in everything, it has to be a beast in chase, and that's why it has low mobility, we compare it with the Huntress for example, wow, a shot, a blow, I think it's more than justified.

  • @ElSegador said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3116420#Comment_3116420

    And no, the assassin is still a 4.4 movement speed assassin, who has no Tps, the chain continues to be cut by structures, he can crouch to avoid the Harpoon, he can crouch in a structure, he can even move the Survivor to dodge the shot, the only thing is that perhaps it will be less predictable, that is, you will not see exactly where it is pointing, like the previous Harpooner, the Harpooner is extremely slow, in chase, in the field, in everything, it has to be a beast in chase, and that's why it has low mobility, we compare it with the Huntress for example, wow, a shot, a blow, I think it's more than justified.

    Yea, but he's still very deadly. Deathslinger IS that beast, he just takes more than a single braincell to use now.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3114552#Comment_3114552

    So Deathslinger shouldn't be fair and survivors can't cooperate as a team to counter him? All you're asking is removing dynamics to make him a really linear and braindead killer.

    And no, the assassin is still a 4.4 movement speed assassin, who has no Tps, the chain continues to be cut by structures, he can crouch to avoid the Harpoon, he can crouch in a structure, he can even move the Survivor to dodge the shot, the only thing is that perhaps it will be less predictable, that is, you will not see exactly where it is pointing, like the previous Harpooner, the Harpooner is extremely slow, in chase, in the field, in everything, it has to be a beast in chase, and that's why it has low mobility, we compare it with the Huntress for example, wow, a shot, a blow, I think it's more than justified.

  • How to upgrade the DeathLinger :


    - Base Speed : 4.6

    - Aim down Sights : 0.1 seconds.

    - Exit aim : 0.3 seconds.

    - Radius of terror : 24 meters.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3110617#Comment_3110617

    if u think deathslinger is weak then that says more about your skill level with him.

    Deathslinger is not weak. But he takes a decent amount of skill for him to reach anywhere NEAR his full potential. And his full potential is mediocre. He takes a lot of skill to play for him to be at all usable, and even then he's mid tier, upper mid tier at best (specifically for people who hit those amazing shots through pinholes, otherwise just mid tier). I know this is a joke thread but I genuinely think he needs a buff or rework. Attached is a concept I came up with. I'd love to know what y'all think!

    @RonMan32 said:

    I'll start off by saying I'm pretty new to this game and it's community. I yoinked it on the last day of the Steam Summer Sale (2022) and have been playing it almost everyday since. Currently at 89 hours according to Steam so I won't claim to have an at all expert level grasp on the game's mechanics or balancing.

    With that said the Deathslinger in his current state is my favorite killer I've tried. I think he's really fun to use, it's really rewarding to pick your shots and shut down simple loops. But apparently he's not worth using anymore. I've only faced him as survivor once and we won all 4 in that game.

    I won't pretend to know exactly why that is but I've boiled it down to people despising the nerf he got last year. So maybe he could use a tiny buff. Some people are just calling for the nerf to be removed. As someone who never used old 'slinger I don't see the big deal with the quickscope nerf (maybe the ADS animation could be a TINY fraction of a second shorter but I think that was a necessary change). I get about 2/3rds of my shots in a game with clearly experienced players. So instead of making a call to revert that change I have a different proposal:

    What if he could move faster (perhaps just slightly, and not while carrying a survivor) if he kept The Redeemer unloaded. This would give him an option to search around the map with more haste, at the cost of not being instantly ready to chain someone should he come across a target before he reached his destination. I think it would be a decent way to give him back some "Map Pressure" if I'm using that term correctly.

    In addition to that, give him *some* of his ambush-ability back. Reduce his terror radius to 28 or perhaps even the original 24 meters and give him a non-directional humming huntress equivalent sound outside that with him whistling some western or Irish tune.

    That's it for the buffs. Finally I'd like to propose a small nerf to the chain of The Redeemer. In my experience it's way too hard for the survivor to break off if you catch them in the open with no objects to use. I think the struggling on the chain w/ out any props to break off of should progress slightly faster in general, with the object collision break being left alone.

    And that's all. I think for the most part everything else about him is good as is. *Maybe* it would be nice if The Redeemer projectile was a tad faster so a longshot is harder to dodge. You can kinda only get those if you're lucky or the survivor isn't even trying to dodge and is just W-ing foward in a straight line. Although that might be best left alone as that's probably the intended drop off at range.

    Vets and fellow newbies alike, please let me know what you think.

    P.S. I copy pasted this from my post on the reddit just because I figured it might get more interaction on here.


  • @theTARNavsky said:

    "People say it had no counterplay, but it did. As long as I messed up the shot and sucked at Deathslinger in general it was balanced and counterable."

    Lol, a counterplay to a killer should be that they have to mess up. Great logic 🙂

    This is an absurd strawman. All counterplay requires you to COUNTER your opponent. If they're decent and don't get the shot you DID counter them. You can dodge, duck, sprint burst, hold tight on loops etc. (You used to be able to DS but that got nerfed hard. Hope they partially revert that) He has plenty of counterplay that does not simply rely on him missing shots. The redeemer projectile is rather small and is not at all hard to dodge, especially at distance at which point the 'slinger is really screwed if he beefs that long shot. Even when he does get you as long as you positioned yourself with your brain you should be able to break chain. Obviously if you were in the healthy state you still got injured but now he has to reload, which he either does immediately giving you a chance to make some distance or he doesn't and a normal chase with a *4.4 killer btw* ensues.

    P.S. if you're referring to old pre-nerf 'slinger then you probably understand that NOW dodging exists as an option and I agree with you. Old ADS was insane it seems. Still could use a small revert imo but only a small one.

  • @ElSegador said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/327870/how-to-buff-deathslinger

    As main Deathslinger, the changes that are not very crazy that I would do are these. Currently Deathslinger, raises and lowers the weapon slowly, because the Survivors complained that it was "not fun to play against" Deathslinger does not have to be fun, he is a murderer, he has to kill and disturb the work of the Survivor in some way . So my first change I would say is to make the weapon go up fast like the previous Deathslinger, but keep the weapon down slowly, after that, have the Deathslinger reduce its terror radius from 32 meters to 24, like the previous one, he is the only Killer that walks at 4.4, and has a huge terror radius, it would lower his range to 24 meters again, then when he is hanging a Survivor and carry him on his shoulders, he would give him a speed of 4.6 , he is extremely weak at hanging Survivors, and as a last change, that this should have been implemented as a base for him, long ago, that if the Deathslinger is pulling a Survivor with the chain, without any obstacles in between, that he cannot No allied Survivor should come to stand in front of the chain, to break it faster, so as not to collide with other Survivors.

    I addressed these ideas in your post here:

    @RonMan32 said:

    Interesting ideas! I do want to point out a few issues though.

    When it comes to your first change I do actually like the idea of reducing his ADS when going up and leaving the speed it takes to put it down alone. But I don't think it should be reverted to back how it used it be. Probably right in-between or maybe just slightly faster than currently would be ideal. It would slightly decrease the window the survivor has to react, without it being unfair. As it stands it takes 0.40 for the gun to go up and 0.60 for it to go down. I'd like to see that reduced to 0.30 or 0.25 with possibly even reducing the exit animation to 0.50 (which is the same 0.10 I want removed on the enter animation but it's proportionally less so I think it'd go a long way for feel without breaking him) I also disagree that killers are not supposed to be fun to play against. As killer it's not your job to be ensuring the survivors have fun. You are playing a game too and your only responsibility is to your own fun. However when the devs design a killer I do think it is THEIR responsibility to ensure the killer has a fun kit to face. Partially agree with the change, hard disagree with the reasoning.

    As for your 2nd change I don't think completely reverting the TR is at all a good suggestion. They made these changes with decent reason. Using a perk that lowers your terror radius would easily allow for the 'slinger to shoot people that didn't even know he was there. Which to be fair is something that should be allowed to occur in some builds with TR shrinking or causing survivors to be oblivious. But it shouldn't be possible or even close to possible at base kit. In my concept I recommended he be the first 28m killer along with a "lullaby" like the huntress where he whistles some tune. Speeding him up is also a terrible idea. I agree with the consensus that ranged killers need to be some of the slower ones so you actually have a need to use their power. If Huntress could be a really solid WM1 killer and only use the hatchets as a fallback plan that would be horrible. All that said the 32m was brutal I agree with you there. Very unnecessary.

    When it comes to suggestion number 3 I've gotta say that is not an amazing plan and the one I have the biggest issue with. Removing some of the counterplay he shipped with would just get more survivors complaining and then he'd be nerfed in some other awful way. Survivors need to be rewarded for working against the killer as a team. He's amazing at 1v1s and shutting down small loops fast if you can hit your shots. But when you go long and another survivor shows up for the save they need to be able to actually do something in this case. I'm a Deathslinger main and I gotta say it really does not feel unfair when someone goes to break the chain. Especially since I usually at least get a hit on the person going for that save. All it usually does is spread the pressure to another person as opposed to hard counter it and avoid me getting any hits after that well timed long shot. This would remove a decent chunk of depth the 'slingers power has and I cannot support it.

    Finally for your add on ideas. To be frank I don't really mind his current add-ons much but I do agree some of them could use a rework or a buff in a general sense. Don't really feel like commenting further on that. I'm mainly concerned with the current state of his base kit.

    But anyway I as a 'slinger main who is holding out hope that the devs will give him a rework am very glad you are participating in the conversation! I hope to see more threads like this. Maybe if there is enough outcry they'll give him a look for a future patch. Also I have my own concept for how to fix Deathslinger! Please check it out and let me know what you think!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337612/a-noobs-perspective-on-what-to-do-with-the-deathslinger


  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3114552#Comment_3114552

    So Deathslinger shouldn't be fair and survivors can't cooperate as a team to counter him? All you're asking is removing dynamics to make him a really linear and braindead killer.

    agreed

    @RonMan32 said:

    Interesting ideas! I do want to point out a few issues though.

    When it comes to your first change I do actually like the idea of reducing his ADS when going up and leaving the speed it takes to put it down alone. But I don't think it should be reverted to back how it used it be. Probably right in-between or maybe just slightly faster than currently would be ideal. It would slightly decrease the window the survivor has to react, without it being unfair. As it stands it takes 0.40 for the gun to go up and 0.60 for it to go down. I'd like to see that reduced to 0.30 or 0.25 with possibly even reducing the exit animation to 0.50 (which is the same 0.10 I want removed on the enter animation but it's proportionally less so I think it'd go a long way for feel without breaking him) I also disagree that killers are not supposed to be fun to play against. As killer it's not your job to be ensuring the survivors have fun. You are playing a game too and your only responsibility is to your own fun. However when the devs design a killer I do think it is THEIR responsibility to ensure the killer has a fun kit to face. Partially agree with the change, hard disagree with the reasoning.

    As for your 2nd change I don't think completely reverting the TR is at all a good suggestion. They made these changes with decent reason. Using a perk that lowers your terror radius would easily allow for the 'slinger to shoot people that didn't even know he was there. Which to be fair is something that should be allowed to occur in some builds with TR shrinking or causing survivors to be oblivious. But it shouldn't be possible or even close to possible at base kit. In my concept I recommended he be the first 28m killer along with a "lullaby" like the huntress where he whistles some tune. Speeding him up is also a terrible idea. I agree with the consensus that ranged killers need to be some of the slower ones so you actually have a need to use their power. If Huntress could be a really solid WM1 killer and only use the hatchets as a fallback plan that would be horrible. All that said the 32m was brutal I agree with you there. Very unnecessary.

    When it comes to suggestion number 3 I've gotta say that is not an amazing plan and the one I have the biggest issue with. Removing some of the counterplay he shipped with would just get more survivors complaining and then he'd be nerfed in some other awful way. Survivors need to be rewarded for working against the killer as a team. He's amazing at 1v1s and shutting down small loops fast if you can hit your shots. But when you go long and another survivor shows up for the save they need to be able to actually do something in this case. I'm a Deathslinger main and I gotta say it really does not feel unfair when someone goes to break the chain. Especially since I usually at least get a hit on the person going for that save. All it usually does is spread the pressure to another person as opposed to hard counter it and avoid me getting any hits after that well timed long shot. This would remove a decent chunk of depth the 'slingers power has and I cannot support it.

    Finally for your add on ideas. To be frank I don't really mind his current add-ons much but I do agree some of them could use a rework or a buff in a general sense. Don't really feel like commenting further on that. I'm mainly concerned with the current state of his base kit.

    But anyway I as a 'slinger main who is holding out hope that the devs will give him a rework am very glad you are participating in the conversation! I hope to see more threads like this. Maybe if there is enough outcry they'll give him a look for a future patch. Also I have my own concept for how to fix Deathslinger! Please check it out and let me know what you think!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337612/a-noobs-perspective-on-what-to-do-with-the-deathslinger


  • @RonMan32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3113700#Comment_3113700

    Deathslinger is not weak. But he takes a decent amount of skill for him to reach anywhere NEAR his full potential. And his full potential is mediocre. He takes a lot of skill to play for him to be at all usable, and even then he's mid tier, upper mid tier at best (specifically for people who hit those amazing shots through pinholes, otherwise just mid tier). I know this is a joke thread but I genuinely think he needs a buff or rework. Attached is a concept I came up with. I'd love to know what y'all think!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337612/a-noobs-perspective-on-what-to-do-with-the-deathslinger

    I do like the concept of being able to move faster when the chamber is empty, but that also goes against his design. The reason he's 110 is because of his anti-loop. A very versatile and strong ability needs some sort of draw back. If he moves faster then his power loses it's purpose because he can just walk at you and not have to use his power if he wishes so. Part of learning his kit is knowing when to reload, so removing that in it's self goes against part of his mechanics.

    As for your other replies, most of this post was sarcastic. Poking fun at people who want absurd buffs for him. You said you never experienced old Slinger. The truth is that he could aim and shoot much faster than you could react, meaning you always had to assume he was about to shoot and that alone zoned you out of any potential counter to him. It was complete guess work, and the only time you could win against old Slinger was if he missed and played bad. You couldn't bait shots, or crouch in time to dodge. It was instant. There was literally no other counter than just getting lucky. Right now he is in the best state he will probably ever be in. All that I would ask is for more interesting add-ons and the removal of reload speed add-ons. Right now the reload add-ons make the penalty for missing almost non-existent along with the distance survivors can make for Slinger missing a shot.

    Is he hard to learn? A bit, yes. Is he a top tier killer? Not at all, but he's definitely a higher B ranking when used by a skilled player. He's a lot like Billy in a sense, where the power takes a lot of dedication to master and use efficiently, but still isn't Nurse or Blight tier. And that's okay! Not every killer needs to be that good just because they're tough. I don't want old Deathslinger back largely because it just erases his learning curve and makes the survivor side miserable. You don't have to learn hole shots, how to drag people around corners, setting up long distance shots or learning when you should let the chain break or not. All old Slinger has to do is wait until you vault a window or run towards a pallet and he wins a 50/50 game on whether you're going to dodge or not. He still has insane lethality and that's what makes him so fun and satisfying to play.

    tl;dr: Nerfing Deathslinger back to his old state would just be hand holding the people who don't actually care to learn how to play him and make the game suck because everyone would use him for easy wins again.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3130201#Comment_3130201

    I do like the concept of being able to move faster when the chamber is empty, but that also goes against his design. The reason he's 110 is because of his anti-loop. A very versatile and strong ability needs some sort of draw back. If he moves faster then his power loses it's purpose because he can just walk at you and not have to use his power if he wishes so. Part of learning his kit is knowing when to reload, so removing that in it's self goes against part of his mechanics.

    As for your other replies, most of this post was sarcastic. Poking fun at people who want absurd buffs for him. You said you never experienced old Slinger. The truth is that he could aim and shoot much faster than you could react, meaning you always had to assume he was about to shoot and that alone zoned you out of any potential counter to him. It was complete guess work, and the only time you could win against old Slinger was if he missed and played bad. You couldn't bait shots, or crouch in time to dodge. It was instant. There was literally no other counter than just getting lucky. Right now he is in the best state he will probably ever be in. All that I would ask is for more interesting add-ons and the removal of reload speed add-ons. Right now the reload add-ons make the penalty for missing almost non-existent along with the distance survivors can make for Slinger missing a shot.

    Is he hard to learn? A bit, yes. Is he a top tier killer? Not at all, but he's definitely a higher B ranking when used by a skilled player. He's a lot like Billy in a sense, where the power takes a lot of dedication to master and use efficiently, but still isn't Nurse or Blight tier. And that's okay! Not every killer needs to be that good just because they're tough. I don't want old Deathslinger back largely because it just erases his learning curve and makes the survivor side miserable. You don't have to learn hole shots, how to drag people around corners, setting up long distance shots or learning when you should let the chain break or not. All old Slinger has to do is wait until you vault a window or run towards a pallet and he wins a 50/50 game on whether you're going to dodge or not. He still has insane lethality and that's what makes him so fun and satisfying to play.

    tl;dr: Nerfing Deathslinger back to his old state would just be hand holding the people who don't actually care to learn how to play him and make the game suck because everyone would use him for easy wins again.

    Very good points. Also yeah I'm aware this is joke thread more taking the piss on people like me who want a buff. I do agree that increased speed while the redeemer is unloaded might make him a little more brainless but I imagine myself using the speed boost as a way to time reloads differently. I won't pretend to have any idea what I'm doing writing up these concepts.

    I do kind of disagree about the reload increase add ons though. I think they exist to promote a play style to go for more risky shots without completely screwing yourself over and are not at all that difficult to play against.

    I would never claim that his nerf wasn't deserved but I am sympathetic to his ADS feeling a lot more sluggish. I don't want a return of quickscopes just maybe a slightly snapper ADS mainly for feel.

    Anyway I made a new version of that concept. It still maintains the speed increase when keeping The Redeemer unloaded because frankly I don't see it as game breaking, even if it is unnecessary. I think it adds more thinking required for when is the ideal time to reload as opposed to less. Maybe a fair trade of would be missed AND successful basic attacks while this speed increase is active are longer?

    Check it out:

    @RonMan32 said:

    Hello again DBD forum. Last month I made a post explaining a concept I had for a Deathslinger buff/rework. I have since more than doubled my hours in the game and would like to propose a new concept with some changes to my original one. Here is the post for anyone who is interested:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337612/a-noobs-perspective-on-what-to-do-with-the-deathslinger

    I will also be more precise with my proposed changes. I refer to changes that flat out give him an edge as a buff, something that puts him weaker in that area as a nerf, and something that is changed in both directions that it's hard to say if it counts as either because it gives AND takes as a "rework".

    Note, I am copying terminology used on this page: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Caleb_Quinn

    Rework: Decrease Terror Radius to 28m and have a non-directional/no volume change "Lullaby" where he whistles a tune (some sort of Irish folk song maybe?) 7m outside of his base TR (35m) and stops completely once you're within 12m. The 12-35m lullaby range stays the same regardless of TR size and can be heard when obvious.

    Buff: While Redeemer is unloaded increase walking speed to 4.5 m/s (not active when carrying survivor and does not directly effect lunge distance/speed), decrease vaulting time by 10% and decrease Terror Radius by 4m.

    Nerf: When a survivor is hit by the Redeemer projectile while within the first 6m of the 18m range activate a difficult skill check akin to the one for DS. On a success the chain is broken and stuns the Deathslinger for -0.5 seconds less than a normal chain break (2.5 seconds at base, 2.0 with chewing tobacco etc.)

    Rework: Decrease ADS activate time to 0.35 seconds (0.3 if 100ths of a second aren't supported) and increase deactivate time to 0.65 (0.7 if 100ths not supported).

    Nerf: If a survivor is healthy when hit with The Redeemer increase Chain pulling c/s to -17 c/s during the first 3m of chain length.

    Ok. Now I will briefly explain the reasoning behind each. First change is primarily to address his old 24m to 32m nerf in a way that is more interesting and allows him to get the drop on survivors a little more often, especially with perks.

    Second change has nothing to do with his nerf and is simply a buff I think would add more depth to his gameplay, while also making him better at pressuring gens/efficient map traversal. The trade off being he won't me immediately ready to shoot when he stumbles upon a survivor.

    Change 3 promotes skillful shots and allows for survivors more leeway when it comes to scummy after window vault shots. I think the way this is approached makes him more fun to fight against and without completely destroying his fun rush vault punishing window shots. Adds an extra layer of depth to the chain.

    Change 4 is to make him *feel* a little better to use without causing a return of quickscopes. It also punishes faking out shots to zone a tad more.

    Change 5 is supposed to promote the "Hit with basic attack, THEN go for the shot" kind of playstyle most people do on him anyway. Just slightly brings down higher level 'slingers who go for the frustrating double shot. Is likely too small of a change to make a difference with mid and close range shots.

    Finally I'd like to propose an addon concept I just think is cool. Not relevant to bringing him to a preferred state in the meta. Just a fun way to end it. I also won't claim this concept is unique. I actually got inspired by someone else somewhere on this forum.

    Ultra Rare: Sniper scope

    When a survivor is on a hook press the active ability button to attach a scope to The Redeemer (takes 1.2 seconds). ADS activate speed is increased to 0.6 seconds. Increases ADS zoom to 150% (normal ADS is 125%) and adds scope overlay w/ crosshair obscuring the edges of the screen. Shots beyond 12m increase reeling speed by 10%. (This would also be less sensitive than normal ADS because then shots would be too finicky to use otherwise.) If no survivors are on hook after it has been attached Caleb does an animation to remove it that briefly prevents ADS but speeds up if the ADS button is being held. Maybe attaching should reduce his movement speed to his ADS speed but removing should have no speed penalty.

    That's it. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk! Please let me know what you think in replies! I check this forum daily and will likely respond.

    All and all it's not the end of the world if he doesn't ever get base kit changes again but I want SOME attention for my boy. DMS nerf hurt a little.