So hows the bug "fixed" Nightfall?

I wont have a chance to play till later today and was wondering how the nightfall looks now? Im assuming the dredge now isnt MORE visible during it?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I posted this in another thread, does not seem like "glow distance" was in the notes, not sure how it is in game. Here is ctrl F for all Nightfall references in bug fix section:


    All the mentions of Nightfall in bug fix section:


    Fixed an issue that caused The Dredge's Nightfall Meter to stop charging once a survivor is downed.

    Fixed an issue that caused The Dredge's Destroyed Pillow add-on to decrease the teleport cooldown during the daytime instead of Nightfall.

    Fixed an issue that caused the Nightfall effects to be missing when a survivor is moried during Nightfall.

    Fixed an issue that caused the Dredge to appear incorrectly when he teleport as Nightfall is trigger

    Killer Instinct and Loud Noise notification appear black and white during the Dredge's Nightfall.

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    However, what about his glow distance? ANything changed? The reported bug was that he glowed map wide? However no mention of it being fixed

  • The fact that he glows at all during nightfall is dumb to me

  • oh my god when they said dark they meant dark

  • Looks more like they put a filter on the screen like plague, trickster, and nemesis. rather then actually dark

  • On the PTB the Nightfall had higher visibility than intended, this has been fixed and should be more impactful.

    We will still collect feedback about it in any case!

  • Whats the glow distance though?

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Whats the glow distance though?

    Whats odd is everyone in the threads about PTB kept saying "Dredge glowing map wide is a bug"

    why is it mysteriously left out of patch notes? why are they only talking about the darkness now?

    Was it a bug, is he still glowing map wide? Im trying watch a stream and see I cant play right now.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986770#Comment_2986770

    Whats odd is everyone in the threads about PTB kept saying "Dredge glowing map wide is a bug"

    why is it mysteriously left out of patch notes? why are they only talking about the darkness now?

    Was it a bug, is he still glowing map wide? Im trying watch a stream and see I cant play right now.

    The reason why everyone said the mapwide glow was a bug is because of this comment from a developer:

    image.png

    About the glow on killer/Survivor instance. It is bugged, the glow should not be that bright and seen that far. There is an attenuation effect that is missing and a distance limitation is not triggered. The glow intention on the killer side is that when in chase or within hit distance Survivors should be aware of its position. It is not our intention to make a killer invisible and allow him to get a free hit on Survivors. All of our Killers with Power related to awareness have some penalty (mobility, speed, actions) that require skills/strategy to use, this Killer has none of these penalties. We want to encourage Killer players to also use their Teleport Power to get close to Survivors during the Nightfall. But yes, the glow will not be perceived from that far and should be less intense than it currently is.

  • So has that been fixed or no?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986787#Comment_2986787

    The reason why everyone said the mapwide glow was a bug is because of this comment from a developer:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5QCI4W03OJDG/image.png

    About the glow on killer/Survivor instance. It is bugged, the glow should not be that bright and seen that far. There is an attenuation effect that is missing and a distance limitation is not triggered. The glow intention on the killer side is that when in chase or within hit distance Survivors should be aware of its position. It is not our intention to make a killer invisible and allow him to get a free hit on Survivors. All of our Killers with Power related to awareness have some penalty (mobility, speed, actions) that require skills/strategy to use, this Killer has none of these penalties. We want to encourage Killer players to also use their Teleport Power to get close to Survivors during the Nightfall. But yes, the glow will not be perceived from that far and should be less intense than it currently is.

    You always seem to ignore a major component of my posts when you reply to me.

    So why no mention in PTB patch notes? THAT was what my post as about. No mention of glow distance in bug fix section.

  • @TheArbiter said:

    So has that been fixed or no?

    The Dredge's glow should have been reduced, so yes, it has been fixed.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986795#Comment_2986795

    You always seem to ignore a major component of my posts when you reply to me.

    So why no mention in PTB patch notes? THAT was what my post as about. No mention of glow distance in bug fix section.

    Because I don't know, so I am explaining the parts of the post that I do know. I'm only replying to the first part ("Whats odd is everyone in the threads about PTB kept saying "Dredge glowing map wide is a bug"") because I'm not a developer, and I didn't write the patch notes.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986806#Comment_2986806

    Because I don't know, so I am explaining the parts of the post that I do know. I'm only replying to the first part ("Whats odd is everyone in the threads about PTB kept saying "Dredge glowing map wide is a bug"") because I'm not a developer, and I didn't write the patch notes.

    I know why people were stating it was a bug bro, and you know I do because you are the one who was posting this to me and we had convos about it in those threads., I get it, however thats not what I was asking..... My post was asking why it was not in bug fixes if this was the most talked about Dredge "bug" and if it had been addressed.

  • @Rizzo said:

    On the PTB the Nightfall had higher visibility than intended, this has been fixed and should be more impactful.

    We will still collect feedback about it in any case!

    Some maps (Like the Japanese one)... are too dark with nightfall... could only see 3 feet in front of me and was just bumping into objects... that is just unplayable... and that is not even the darkest map. I am left with several options during Nightfall on certain maps...

    1) Continue to run blindly into objects.

    2) Not play.


    As you can see... only one option is the easiest and will eventually always be resorted to.

  • @Babalonkie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986760#Comment_2986760

    Some maps (Like the Japanese one)... are too dark with nightfall... could only see 3 feet in front of me and was just bumping into objects... that is just unplayable... and that is not even the darkest map. I am left with several options during Nightfall on certain maps...

    1) Continue to run blindly into objects.

    2) Continuously or permanently adjust brightness settings.

    As you can see... only one option is the easiest and will eventually always be resorted to.

    Thank you for the feedback, but please avoid encouraging unsportsmanlike behaviours.

    That said, please use the correct section for sharing your thoughts: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/suggestions so we can collect the feedback and share it with the developers.

  • That is slightly better than what i just had... and you are next to a light source lol. it's far too dark.


    If i am going to be blind for ages in a game, not see where i am going and bump into things... i am simply not going to bother moving lol

  • I was very happy the first time I saw it, so much better.

  • they really did I played two games against the dredge and i become useless the second nighfall starts bc i can't see ######### lmao

  • @Annso_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986750#Comment_2986750

    they really did I played two games against the dredge and i become useless the second nighfall starts bc i can't see ######### lmao

    you when nightfall begins

    image.png


  • @Rizzo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986893#Comment_2986893

    Thank you for the feedback, but please avoid encouraging unsportsmanlike behaviours.

    That said, please use the correct section for sharing your thoughts: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/suggestions so we can collect the feedback and share it with the developers.

    Adjusted.