opinions?

I want to know all off your negative opinions bout certain killers or perks. even if youre bad at the game or good at the game, because i want to see the differing of opinions. No insulting or arguing please, just open discussion.

I will start first, I hate victor and think his hitboxes are too big, huntress hitboxes seem too big as well but for the most part that is due to the survivor hitboxes vs their body in game. Im a huntress main and i can get some really nasty hits with my hatchets, but one thing i hate bout victor is you cant dodge to the side but huntress you can, if youre in front then youre more than likely dead unless he sucks and lets be real abusing 1 pallet works, but how many times has a victor just came out at an angle and used hitboxes to down you :| maybe im wrong and its all latency but it seems like if huntress hatchets are a truck then victors is a ship

Another thing i hate is meta perks, now when i say meta im not taking into account things like noed which are pretty common at lower rank, i mean THE perks, yall know them. DH DS UB, ive seen an influx in people with these perks in low ranks, now i aint terrible and have played for a while so I know what to do against them for the most part.(even though that doesnt change how oppressive they are) But since i went to bootcamp and then onto MCT for the marine corps, i had ZERO time to play and just got back into it and i had to start against pure babies, it doesnt help that i switched to mouse and keyboard which is 3x times easier for huntress, but what i seen is people run these perks and arent good.

SO what am i saying? simple its a problem for the low rank killers especially ones who are basic chase, low rank killers will be destroyed by dead hard and make a very unforgiving environment, and when people mix the meta perks then its even worse, at the high ranks its just as annoying but its not guaranteed to cause a loss, until you get out of a range killer mindset and realize these perks shine when killers lack control. take an oni, he is an m1 killer until he gets his ability which can negate loops to a certain degree, but lets be real a jungle gym is always safe, if you just wait at corners you waste the killers time and if you have teammates who do gens you will win eventually. but add dh to that and then you extend that loop or hell make it to another loop that you can use for a long time, but due to map layout that loop you BARELY made it to because DH you have a filler right by it which you can chain and then go to a DIFFERENT jungle gym.

Now everyone knows these issue but why i dont like it especially is simply put it rewards going down and being injured. DS is a perk that is there for a reason, but ive seen so many people wreck me and others without dead hard, dead hard is just an extra slap in the face, and dead hard for distance is literally one of the strongest survivior actions. Unbreakable isnt as important unless you are STRUGGLING. So many people complain about UB when they can down the surviviors fast as crap.

This is only some of my negative opinions on this games killer and survivor meta, although id love to tell everyone all my negative thoughts and positive ones... that would take too long and we all know in this forum some people are going to start an argument instead of being respectful and just sticking to the purpose.

let me know youre guys thoughts on whatever you hate or love about perks, killers or even mechanics!

Comments

  • I do not like playing against Artist. She shuts down loops too efficiently and I am someone that generally likes to loop. For me, it creates boring gameplay. I also do not like Dead Hard as I feel like I can make a great mind game or read on another player and have it be ignored and then that play extends the chase once more.

  • I like playing as Artist but playing against her is pretty miserable. I think nurse needs to be nerfed, she is just very powerful, and I think there are little things that could be tweaked that would all together balance her out more. I love demo, he's probably the most fun I've had with a killer in a while. DS is a really important perk that I think should be in every survivor build, with the amount of tunneling I see in games now, I cannot live without it ๐Ÿ˜… And I love BBQ, aura reading AND extra bloodpoints??? Sign me up!!

    Which actually brings up a good point, the survivor equivalent of bbq is we're gonna live forever, which I think needs a buff as it's really only good for bps and the picking up survivors off the floor part doesn't come in handy very much, like killer gets aura reading and survivors get heal downed survivor a bit faster.... wish it was something else a little more helpful.

  • @Remedicist said:

    I do not like playing against Artist. She shuts down loops too efficiently and I am someone that generally likes to loop. For me, it creates boring gameplay. I also do not like Dead Hard as I feel like I can make a great mind game or read on another player and have it be ignored and then that play extends the chase once more.

    That is very well said, sadly I never get to go against artist much, I've only had her I think 3 times. Therefore, I don't know what you're talking about too much. I wonder how good a good artist is?

  • People who dont play Twins: Victor hitboxes are OP you cant miss

    People who play Twins: Watch a twittch stream of a Twins main they miss constantly.

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    I like playing as Artist but playing against her is pretty miserable. I think nurse needs to be nerfed, she is just very powerful, and I think there are little things that could be tweaked that would all together balance her out more. I love demo, he's probably the most fun I've had with a killer in a while. DS is a really important perk that I think should be in every survivor build, with the amount of tunneling I see in games now, I cannot live without it ๐Ÿ˜… And I love BBQ, aura reading AND extra bloodpoints??? Sign me up!!

    Which actually brings up a good point, the survivor equivalent of bbq is we're gonna live forever, which I think needs a buff as it's really only good for bps and the picking up survivors off the floor part doesn't come in handy very much, like killer gets aura reading and survivors get heal downed survivor a bit faster.... wish it was something else a little more helpful.

    XD so true, whenever I would run slugging perks or I should say anti, I would get zero value. Technically the bbq and WGLF should be basekit. It encourages altruism and spreading hooks. which means more chance to pip and get points... what do you think? Yeah artist seems like she can make you suffer but sadly I have not gone against good ones :( Also yeah nurse is strong as hell. Tbh her add ons are where the problem lies. Good nurses are meant to make you struggle but giving better fatigue and recharge is just insane!

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    People who dont play Twins: Victor hitboxes are OP you cant miss

    People who play Twins: Watch a twittch stream of a Twins main they miss constantly.

    Yeah thats the worst part! Latency makes it that we never know. Regardless his hitbox is big not OP. LIke did you know huntress can hit you over hay with a fully charged hatchet? its crazy!

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983088#Comment_2983088

    XD so true, whenever I would run slugging perks or I should say anti, I would get zero value. Technically the bbq and WGLF should be basekit. It encourages altruism and spreading hooks. which means more chance to pip and get points... what do you think? Yeah artist seems like she can make you suffer but sadly I have not gone against good ones :( Also yeah nurse is strong as hell. Tbh her add ons are where the problem lies. Good nurses are meant to make you struggle but giving better fatigue and recharge is just insane!

    Yeah I totally agree with everything! And especially with nurses range addons, they are insanely strong, no matter how much distance you get from her she just blinks her way right back to you and now you're on the floor lol.

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    I want to know all off your negative opinions bout certain killers or perks. even if youre bad at the game or good at the game, because i want to see the differing of opinions. No insulting or arguing please, just open discussion.

    I will start first, I hate victor and think his hitboxes are too big, huntress hitboxes are too big as well. Although im a huntress main and I know latency is always going to be an issue, but they can be just a fraction smaller, i can get some really nasty hits with my hatchets, but one thing i hate bout victor is you cant dodge to the side, if youre in front then youre more than likely dead unless he sucks and lets be real abusing 1 pallet works, but how many times has a victor just came out at an angle and used hitboxes to down you :|

    Another thing i hate is meta perks, now when i say meta im not taking into account things like noed which are pretty common at lower rank, i mean THE perks, yall know them. DH DS UB, ive seen an influx in people with these perks in low ranks, now i aint terrible and have played for a while so I know what to do against them for the most part.(even though that doesnt change how oppressive they are) But since i went to bootcamp and then onto MCT for the marine corps, i had ZERO time to play and just got back into it and i had to start against pure babies, it doesnt help that i switched to mouse and keyboard which is 3x times easier for huntress, but what i seen is people run these perks and arent good.

    SO what am i saying? simple its a problem for the low rank killers especially ones who are basic chase, low rank killers will be destroyed by dead hard and make a very unforgiving environment, and when people mix the meta perks then its even worse, at the high ranks its just as annoying but its not guaranteed to cause a loss, until you get out of a range killer mindset and realize these perks shine when killers lack control. take an oni, he is an m1 killer until he gets his ability which can negate loops to a certain degree, but lets be real a jungle gym is always safe, if you just wait at corners you waste the killers time and if you have teammates who do gens you will win eventually. but add dh to that and then you extend that loop or hell make it to another loop that you can use for a long time, but due to map layout that loop you BARELY made it to because DH you have a filler right by it which you can chain and then go to a DIFFERENT jungle gym.

    Now everyone knows these issue but why i dont like it especially is simply put it rewards going down and being injured. DS is a perk that is there for a reason, but ive seen so many people wreck me and others without dead hard, dead hard is just an extra slap in the face, and dead hard for distance is literally one of the strongest survivior actions. Unbreakable isnt as important unless you are STRUGGLING. So many people complain about UB when they can down the surviviors fast as crap.

    This is only some of my negative opinions on this games killer and survivor meta, although id love to tell everyone all my negative thoughts and positive ones... that would take too long and we all know in this forum some people are going to start an argument instead of being respectful and just sticking to the purpose.

    let me know youre guys thoughts on whatever you hate or love about perks, killers or even mechanics!

    Agree with Victor mele range disagree with Hatchet hitbox, it's a ping that makes it look big, the hatchet fits through very small gaps, they can't make it smaller

    that would turn into Trickster knifes that injure instantly

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983094#Comment_2983094

    Yeah I totally agree with everything! And especially with nurses range addons, they are insanely strong, no matter how much distance you get from her she just blinks her way right back to you and now you're on the floor lol.

    I mean tbh she has counterplay, but its pointless against the really good nurse. if you double back and they fall for it then bam! but a really good nurse will notice that pattern and just keep changing. luckily most players who are decent are just like us so you have to be the first to change your pattern when you see youre getting caught. I did that against a nurse and instead of being fancy and baiting her blinks i kept running and it worked and when she got stressed then doubling back worked.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326488/opinions

    Agree with Victor mele range disagree with Hatchet hitbox, it's a ping that makes it look big, the hatchet fits through very small gaps, they can't make it smaller

    that would turn into Trickster knifes that injure instantly

    Oh I know that, i mean in certain cases, but its mainly the survivor hitboxes i totally mispoke and will fix that :) the angle survivors run and their hitboxes make it look way worse, but the vertical hitboxes are pretty bad for survivors, but it seems to be random too'

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983098#Comment_2983098

    I mean tbh she has counterplay, but its pointless against the really good nurse. if you double back and they fall for it then bam! but a really good nurse will notice that pattern and just keep changing. luckily most players who are decent are just like us so you have to be the first to change your pattern when you see youre getting caught. I did that against a nurse and instead of being fancy and baiting her blinks i kept running and it worked and when she got stressed then doubling back worked.

    Yeah, it's only the really good nurses that are painful to go against, because when people know how to play her well, she is extremely power compared to any other person who knows how to play a specific killer really well. She's hard to play as at first, but when you get that hang of her and know your way around, she's pretty painful to play against lol.

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983100#Comment_2983100

    Oh I know that, i mean in certain cases, but its mainly the survivor hitboxes i totally mispoke and will fix that :) the angle survivors run and their hitboxes make it look way worse, but the vertical hitboxes are pretty bad for survivors, but it seems to be random too'

    random vertical?

    no no, that's based on how much the hatchet curves over environment,

    you know the more you charge hatchet the less it curves and travels further

  • My things I wouldn't mind seeing tweaked are mostly minor, but looking over the list of killers and perks:

    • Trapper - He seems a bit too weak because it takes him so long in the early game to walk around picking up traps to be able to set them. If he had something like his purple add-on that starts him with all his traps automatically as just being how his base kit worked that would be a nice improvement. Or if maybe he could grab traps from lockers, and if he has all his traps out then when he grabs a new one the oldest is consumed by the Entity, that would help too since it's much easier to get to lockers than to visit six or so random spots on the map.
    • Wraith - The flashlight burn on Wraith always felt like a bit of overkill. Probably could do without that.
    • Hillbilly - I've never liked playing Hillbilly all that much. If I want to chainsaw people, Bubba is more fun doing that, and if I want to zip around the map quickly Blight or Sadako or I'm guessing the Dredge are more fun doing that. Hillbilly just feels kind of clunky.
    • Nurse - Nurse is the only killer I actively never play. I can't stand that staring at the ground half the match mechanic, it's SO annoying! If they ever tweaked her so she at least kept her head up during blink stuns I'd probably play her, even if they made that stun just slightly longer to compensate for being able to still see what's going on.
    • Shape - I like Shape's variant playstyle add-ons (i.e. the Mirrors and Tombstone) but his base kit doesn't feel as fun for some reason. Also I wish I could do his daily rituals while using Scratch Mirror.
    • Hag - I wish I could do daily missions using Waterlogged Shoes with her, it's kind of fun playing around with those. Also I don't play her enough to be any good at hitting out of a teleport, but that's more on me than her as a character.
    • Doctor - I wish his Hallucinatory Doctors actually moved around and chased survivors. I'd love it if the devs added the Nemesis Zombie pathing to the fake Doctors and let them chase people. Obviously they wouldn't ever actually do damage, but just seeing them running and chasing and even maybe fake-attacking survivors would be really cool!
    • Huntress - I kind of with DbD has a small dot or something as a ranged attack cursor for Huntress and Trickster. This is the only first person action game I can think of that ranged attacks don't have a crosshair of any kind, it's a little annoying sometimes.
    • Cannibal - I think he's mostly ok, although I do hope the devs eventually figure out something to steer killer players away from thinking that "face camping" is an effective strategy. I think Bubba is actually a lot of fun to play just chasing people normally personally, but he gets a really bad rap because of how many people just stand around guarding a hook while everybody else sits doing gens.
    • Freddy - I'd love it if he could just swap between snares and fake pallets as part of his base kit, kind of like how Clown can swap between yellow and pink gas. If Freddy could place pallets out of chase and snares in chase it would be a nice little quality of life buff for him.
    • Pig - Is it just me or is it kind of disappointing her reverse bear traps don't have a more exciting animation when they explode? Given how great a lot of the mori animations are these head trap kills are kind of anti-climactic. Also if they tweaked her Ambush roar sound effect so it went off as her Ambush actually started, versus while it was charging up, that would help her a bit with that ability.
    • Clown - I kind of wish his yellow and pink bottles were separate inventories, so using a pink bottle up wouldn't use up his yellow bottles and vice versa.
    • Spirit - Not so much a Spirit thing, but I think Iron Will could stand to be tweaked to be 90% sound reduction instead of 100%. Iron Will is generally a bit too good currently in my opinion, let alone against Spirit who can get really screwed by it (especially since the perk is apparently a bit bugged and negates certain sounds it probably shouldn't.)
    • Legion - The new version of Legion seems pretty decent. The one minor thing I'm not fond of is that it's a bit hard to gauge distances of killer instinct pings sometimes, as in it can be hard to tell at times if a ping is somewhat close or pretty far away.
    • Plague - The voices in her head when she's powered up are a bit too loud, it's kind of distracting.
    • Ghost Face - I like the new version of Ghost Face well enough. One minor change might be that survivors he's already marked could appear with a red aura around them to make it more obvious at a glance that he's already Exposed them. Especially with the Marks lasting 60 seconds, it sometimes can be a little tricky telling who's Marked and who's not if the survivors happen to be playing with the same character skins.
    • Demogorgon - Demogorgon is pretty fun as is, the main thing that's kind of sad is simply that he isn't for sale any more.
    • Oni - Oni's ok, although hitting with his Demon lunge is kind of tricky sometimes. That's more me than him, though.
    • Deathslinger - The only thing I don't like about Deathslinger is he turns really slowly while aiming. I think he's the only ranged killer that can't turn at normal speed while aiming his attack. If he could turn at normal rate he'd feel a bit more fun to play.
    • Executioner - The one minor thing I can think of with him is the death animations of people in Cages are really boring. Basically they just die with literally no animation, it's disappointing compared to hook sacrifices.
    • Blight - Blight is pretty solid, although I don't play him enough to be really good with his Rush attacks.
    • Twins - Twins are ok, aside from maybe that switching between them sometimes feels like it takes just a tad bit too long. Also hitting with Victor's lunges can be a bit tricky at times if there's trees and such around.
    • Trickster - I never liked Trickster's aesthetics that much, although his music is decent. Also, as I said for Huntress above, I wish he had a small crosshair.
    • Nemesis - Nemesis is fun aside from his Zombies could probably use a small improvement in their pathing to help them not get stuck on terrain as often as they do.
    • Pin Head - He's pretty decent overall, the only thing I can think is maybe he could stand to have his 1v1 chains break slightly more slowly?
    • Artist - It feels like maybe she should have some sort of range limit on doing damage with the Crows, like say 40 meters, to mitigate the combo of her with Dead Man's Switch which allows her to literally face camp a survivor and knock people off gens fully across the map simultaneously. She'd still be just as good overall even if she could only directly injure within 40 meters (which is half the map, it's not like it's a small radius!)
    • Sadako - I think Sadako is a lot of fun to play. One thing I wouldn't mind see with her is if survivors built up Condemned stacks passively over time even when they don't have a tape in hand. It would make the Condemned feel a bit more pressing to deal with, especially when she's not using that one Green add-on that curses survivors who heal each other. I don't think she needs a big buff personally, I already think she's on par with Wraith, but a small tweak on Condemned I could see.
    • Dredge - Hard to really say too much about it since it's not out yet. I know on the PTB the darkness radius during Nightfall seemed too large, but the devs already confirmed that it was bugged and the actual radius when it goes live will be more like 15 meters or so if I remember right (i.e. a bit more than the width of the shack).


  • Oh, right. Let's nerf Twins more...

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983107#Comment_2983107

    random vertical?

    no no, that's based on how much the hatchet curves over environment,

    you know the more you charge hatchet the less it curves and travels further

    I main huntress XD hay bales can be shot over with a straight shot fully charged and get a hit, thats a lot of vertical height

  • @Remedicist said:

    I do not like playing against Artist. She shuts down loops too efficiently and I am someone that generally likes to loop. For me, it creates boring gameplay. I also do not like Dead Hard as I feel like I can make a great mind game or read on another player and have it be ignored and then that play extends the chase once more.

    You cant do LT walls and those are the fairest. She broken but BHVR gonna BHVR. Hitboxes are too fat on her Huntress and Blight but who cares and Nurse sometimes gets hits and misses pallet stuns but game is broke like a will smith joke.

  • I don't like how the large majority of killer perks you have to earn to use them meanwhile survivors get perks like exhaustion where.. wow you have to start running, vault a window, or be injured to use them (even with an instadown killer you can remain injured to still get 2 health states).

    Not to mention unbreakable where you just invalidate a playstyle and makes up for your teams mistake of getting snowballed.

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2983115#Comment_2983115

    I main huntress XD hay bales can be shot over with a straight shot fully charged and get a hit, thats a lot of vertical height

    that's how hitboxes work, they are usually bigger than the model you see