I can't enjoy this game anymore, fr

Every time I play as a killer, I face off against power survivors, not just those in a SWF. This game has become so competitive that it's not even a game to play casually anymore. If you ever want to play this game casually, chances are you won't win at all in this game, so great is the lack of sense of accomplishment that the interest in the game wanes as quickly as it appeared. After a few months break I thought I'd take a look at the game again. As a killer (without meta perks) it can totally forget to score anything, with 4 hooks you can count yourself lucky.

When I play Survivor I only get killers who either slug (which is absolutely no fun as a survivor), tunnel (although other survivors block the direct hit to me until the killer has passed them and thus has a clear path to tunnel me) and camping, of course (you see that very often with the twins). Apart from the survivors, who disconnect on a regular basis, unhook in front of the killer without borrowed time, hookicides, lead the killer to you thanks to "Bonding".


I really don't enjoy it anymore. I also like to accept that despite several videos in this game I fail miserably when I want to play it casually. I don't want to have to play competitively every time to enjoy the game. Not even the challenges give me a sense of achievement.


I'm not even concerned that there are certain perks that make life easier or harder, I'm all about not being able to play the game casually anymore. Except of course in the Kill Your Friends mode, in which you obviously have nothing but wasted time and the feeling that you could have made 12k blood points in that time if you had only played in public.

I know there are people here who just have the game in their blood, who can progress even without perks. I'm definitely not one of them.

If anyone here has any advice on how I can continue to enjoy the game, give it to me.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Why are you playing without meta perks?

    Pebble is more fun than any of the meta perks combined. Just to state an example

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982348#Comment_2982348

    Well, it is pretty cool. But it's really not very helpful if you're trying to escape. If you don't wanna run meta then expect to lose a lot before you get to an MMR where you don't need meta.

    So in order to have fun in this game i have to lose. This is not very helpful. I doubt the fact that the MMR is working btw.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982355#Comment_2982355

    I'm just saying if you want to survive then you gotta run meta perks. They are meta and popular for very good reasons. The perk pool is not balanced in the slightest. There are no off-meta perks that are secretly viable. Devs appear to agree with this.

    You'll be continually disappointed if you don't run meta but also expect to win regularly. That's just the truth with this game.

    So if you still don't want to run meta then i would stop caring the result of the match. Maybe do some archive challenges. Or just do what i do and play each role once per day for the daily exp bonus (which you get regardless of the result of the match), so i can get shards for new characters and cosmetics.

    The Devs sure as hell don't play the game.

    It's bothering me that i either win every match (when using meta) or lose every match (when not). Like there's not in between. At least nothing that i knew of.

    At least i'm playing both roles a day. Seems like that's the only way to play this game now, playing 1 match a day for each role just for shards. I think we're doing a pretty good job so far

  • If the devs actually had to play a few games in a row of killer at high MMR, some bs mechanics in the game might change, like when Cote got embarrassed by the flashlight squad

  • The game is in fact not fun to play and it is annoying to play. I play sometimes, but not very seriously.

    I just don't have the energy to try for the most part

  • @MoraFlex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982352#Comment_2982352

    So in order to have fun in this game i have to lose. This is not very helpful. I doubt the fact that the MMR is working btw.

    Honestly? Yes. The best way to have fun in the game is to not expect to escape or 3/4K too regularly. When I play survivor, I have fun helping my team, running meme builds and earning bloodpoints, and if I escape then, great, and I'll still have had fun even if I die. As a killer, I just don't have fun. Even killer mains tend to agree that killer's no fun these days.

  • The "just learn to have fun losing all the time" crowd have to be 95% SWF mains

  • I learned to have fun being downed by tunnelers 3 times in a row... it's fine, I'm watching tv while I left, right, left, vault, left, right, vault again... it is what it is

  • And my question still stands: Is there really any space for casuals on DBD? Realistically.

  • They announced custom game bots. I’m hanging out for that.

  • @pseudechis said:

    They announced custom game bots. I’m hanging out for that.

    Sounds like something coders won't ignore. Wouldn't surprise me when this gets out of hands and coders steal this AI just to make it an "Auto Win" feature

  • @MoraFlex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982455#Comment_2982455

    Sounds like something coders won't ignore. Wouldn't surprise me when this gets out of hands and coders steal this AI just to make it an "Auto Win" feature

    they alrdy doing that and have been for awhile, Spirit bots are like 2 years old

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982674#Comment_2982674

    they alrdy doing that and have been for awhile, Spirit bots are like 2 years old

    Great. BHVR really needs to fix a bunch of things. At least they're on to a good start with some QoL Features and an overhaul of the grind. They really should get some cheats themselfes or something similar in order to patch them faster. It's funny how TF2 had a problem with bots since two years too.

  • I'm pretty sure there's some kind of nicotine or something in this game because nothing you have said is wrong. I have less and less fun going up against a bunch of damn clickity clicks who are constantly taunting because they know they can just press E to erase anything I did right while their teammates hammer the hell out of gens since contrary to popular belief, there is only one of me and I can only be at one place at a time. Meanwhile I'm just hanging on the hook with Kindred watching one guy ride a gen like they're trying to win the Kentucky Derby, one guy hiding because the killer was within 30 feet of them at some point, and one guy Tbagging the killer wondering if anyone is going to bother coming to get me.

    I really should quit this game because at some point those one in ten great games just aren't cutting it anymore...

    *Boots up DBD*

  • Just had to do a daily where i got 2 hooks and 5 gens done: if you are casual just do your daily/challenge and go afk, for real, no point trying atm, just frustration

  • @pseudechis said:

    They announced custom game bots. I’m hanging out for that.

    They've been talking/hinting about that for a long while. Was there an official announcement that they're putting those in the game?

    If so, I very much hope they're outsourcing the coding to a company that will do a good job of it. If the bots used in the "tutorial", such as it is, are any indication, they don't exactly inspire confidence.

  • @HarlockTaliesin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2982455#Comment_2982455

    They've been talking/hinting about that for a long while. Was there an official announcement that they're putting those in the game?

    If so, I very much hope they're outsourcing the coding to a company that will do a good job of it. If the bots used in the "tutorial", such as it is, are any indication, they don't exactly inspire confidence.

    It was part of the recent anniversary live stream. Plan is to implement custom game bots within the next year.

    Yeah its a long timeline and there are no details on the level of functionality, can you play a full game?, with without perks? lot of unknowns but its finally an official announcement that its part of the road map so it gives me something to look forward to DBD wise.

  • I'm surprised that Iron will is about to get rework too. I just hope they add in the breathing noises, it's really the only thing that's bothering me with this perk. I'm curious on how they want to approach the other meta perks. I don't get what the Summer 22 Update is meant to be. I thought this upcoming update for today was meant to be a summer update because it's technically summer

  • If you want to play casual, then you shouldn't be worrying about "winning". What you consider winning is even up for debate.