If BHVR nuke meta for both sides...?
We know they are looking those meta perks (40 perks). Let's say they did pretty good job so far. And now survivors don't need DS and BT and killers don't need anti-gen perks.
So if BHVR nuke meta for both sides, which un-meta perks you gonna use more?
Killer = Floods of Rage, Nurse's Calling, Coulrophobia, Distressing
Survivor = Lithe, Second Wind, Fixated, Residual Manifest
Comments
You can bet new combinations will arise.
I think the game would still work if the meta perks were completely removed.
But i am not sure yet what the reworks will be - if there will be real nerfs for every perk. You can only hope.
Killer- Lethal Pursuer, I’m All Ears, Floods of Rage, and Plaything
Survivor: Plunderer’s Instinct (I know it’s not as good since key nerfs but I am an item goblin), Quick and Quiet, Fast Track, and Detective’s Hunch
I already run off meta. So nothing would change for me. If anything, it scares me as a lot of survivor perks are busted, but nobody runs them because stacked second chances are inherently superior. I do not want to see any shadow step, dance with me, or that stupid Yoichi perk. It sends shivers down my spine and I would prefer playing against meta.
It’s all gonna depend on what perks will be changed along with BT/DS gen defense.
HA! I´m already using NC and Lithe!
Are you using any meta perk? And if you won't need them anymore, you would replace them with which perks
Unrelated but are you on the overwatch forums by any chance?I swear I remember your username.
Also to answer the question.I would run Blast Mine and Balanced Landing
Yes, Overwatch is actually my main game, believe it or not. This is my escape. Rofl.
I just hope they don't nuke those perks that are super good on a few killers and are almost universally used on them because they complement them so well.
Also, Bamboozle. It must stay. It's so helpful for m1 killers.
Killer: Lethal Pursuer, Grim Embrace/Spirit Fury, Shadowborn, Enduring
Survivor: Mettle Of Man, Bond, Open-Handed, Guardian
The only "meta perk" I generally used was Iron Will, even if it was nerfed that it only reduced the injured sounds to 50%, I'd probably still use it mostly because I hate hearing the injured noises on stereo.
I use BT. But mainly, because the survivors i unhook usually have a tendency to run straight to the killer. Which ruins my WGLF stacks. Apart from that, i only use perks that make sense to my playstyle. Not what the meta dictates. Oh and i like to test out new builds. Throw everything out and play with things like Boil Over, Power Struggle and Flip-Flop. Or i go full dumpster diver with Plunderers, Ace, Appraisal and Build to Last.
The perks that i would take after the rework, would mainly depend on what they rework and how. Its sometimes fun to run perks like Deja Vu or Blast Mine + Red Herring.
Survivor: Aura related perks like Bond, Empathy
Killer: 1 chase perk like Brutal, Enduring, Save Best, and Blood Echo for Exhaustion lock
If Stridor gets reverted, I might try it too.
There is some good perks but they are not meta. You already mentioned some of them. And some perks will be good with minor buffs. Second Wind for example. If they remove that part heal someone for activate it, perk will be better.
I know how is BHVR but i still have high hopes for those meta changes. If they make game more interesting, i can play DbD long times again.
I'm going to use whatever the new meta is. I don't see BHVR balancing the game properly, so Nurses and Blights are probably going to 4k in 2 minutes now as opposed to 3.
Well I was always able to run non-meta perks as survivor but for killer that's a whole different story unless I was nurse or blight. So I guess stbfl, forced penance, shadowborn.
I'm hype for the meta nuke. Slowdown meta makes me want to take a nap halfway through the game, and second chance meta means I have to win the game three times before I can finally move on. Dead Hard is pretty much the same thing as a second chance perk; you just have to win the chase a second time to down them, but they can do it every single chase.