Do killers actually still get upset about the use of ds?

I just went against a killer that was complaining that there was 3 ds' (keep in mind only 1 ds got used and it was at endgame so he just got salty)

Are killers still upset about the existence of this perk? Because as someone who plays both sides pretty equally if not a little more killer lately, I find the perk to be at the perfect state, doesn't need a buff, doesn't need a nerf. Simply if you are chased within 60 seconds of being unhooked and then downed and picked up, you stun the killer and escape and this is only active if you don't progress the game essentially, you can't heal, unhook, do gens, boon and cleanse totems. It really is just an anti-tunnel perk, if you don't go for them you have nothing to worry about or if you do, you don't mind getting a little stun before continuing on so they can't use it later.

Ds is kinda just a necessity in all survivor builds so I always expect it and also always use it.

Dead hard, I can see why people complain, ds I don't.

Comments

  • Like many things in the game, Decisive Strike is fair when used as intended, but the mechanics of the game are ultimately flawed that it is so easy for it to become a hassle for Killers who are, against all odds, playing fair.

    Countless times, I've had Survivors unhook right in front of myself and I try to go for the unhooker to have the unhooked body-block me in tight spots with Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike still active to the point I lose track of the first. Doing that, guarantees I tunnel them.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2977708#Comment_2977708

    Actually there is counter, do not tunnel. If you tunnel, that's your risk. If they remove locker part, everyone will just slug survivors. This will not be healthy change for game.

    And DS is already band-ait because survivors have not any mechanic against tunnelling.

    Maybe opening gates should deactive DS too but except this, DS does not need any nerf.

    You can still get hit by DS without tunneling, it is much more intelligent to counter DS by eating it immediately and rabidly tunneling them out of the game to make up for lost time, actually.

  • No because I understand how the perk works. If I found you too early AFTER I didn't tunnel I will still assume you have it. The perk works how the perk works, the fact that I didn't "tunnel" shouldn't stop a perk from working. That's like saying you shouldn't get a Pop stack after you camped....

    You are not invincible, you can still go down, I will just slug you. I am not going to get my "feelings" hurt because you T-bagged me because you think you are invincible, but I also hope you don't get yours hurt when you are slugged more than you'd like.

  • @Khar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975990#Comment_2975990

    They should be downed, yes. The locker trick is just an exploiting the bad design of the perk.

    Well your tunneling being punished won't get alot of sympathy from me.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2977775#Comment_2977775

    Well your tunneling being punished won't get alot of sympathy from me.

    Depends on the circumstance. If I return to an unhook location and the rescuer is gone, but the unhooked person remains, it sucks to think that the only option afforded to me is to let them go, because DS will punish me because survivors teammate induced tunneling. It's just too big of a safety net when time is against the killer.

  • @Tricksters_Wife said:

    Don't really mind the existence of DS but I absolutely hate it when I get stabbed in the back when I didn't tunnel. I'll have some games where I simply hook another person in between their DS timer and I get punished for my fair efficiency.

    I know sometimes it's really frustrating!

  • DS should not work if you interacted with a locker and it shouldn't work in the EGC

    otherwise it's fine

  • @ACleverName4Me said:

    So let's say you get hooked and the only other survivor has no borrowed time. You still run to the exit gate and both you you are injured. The killer downs the first survivor who saved you and decides to try for the 4k. You go down just outside the exit gate. They pick you up and boom his 4k is gone and you are butt dancing at the exit thinking you're better when the killer wasn't out played they were out perked. Btw you leave your teammate to die.

    Yeah I truly hate how it works with EGC. Okay fine, you want to be able to jump into a locker and be invulnerable, fair enough I guess, but can't DS just disable when touching exit gates and be completely deactivated when EGC starts, even if you had it active before? This would also incentivize killers to open the gate more, which I guess is something the devs want.

  • The pinnacle of gratifying killer moments is when a surv gets unhooked when the gates are open, but bodyblocks for a teammate near the gate because they know they have DS, but then you mori them instead. Bonus if it's inside the gate.

    Then when you see they had DS in the post game...*chef's kiss*


    But seriously, in it's current state DS is fine, I have no issues with it. The only bad thing is that I always assume everyone has it, and will re-down someone recently off hook just because I want them to burn their DS early, but sometime they don't have it.

1 2 ›