New Option Needed to Reject Being Healed

There needs to be an option to turn on the ability to NOT be healed by other players. My wife and I run NO Mither, and you would be surprised how many players don't know what it does, and many of them waste time and are aggravating following us around (body blocking), and trying to HEAL US. They are downright obnoxious.

Also, while this is being considered, there also needs to be an option or feature to reject being dismounted from a hook. Perhaps a player rescuing can interact with a hooked survivor giving them a token to be let down, BUT the player hooked can decide when they use it to get off the hook. Too often thirsty point seekers dismount players right in front of the killer while we the survivors hooked are yelling "No, you dumb *BLEEP BLEEP*, but we have no way of rejecting or controlling their effort. My friend once made a joke and said, he wished his character could kick survivors trying to take him down in front of the killer in the face.

There needs to be more control over our survival decisions and stop letting other players make them for us.

Comments

  • If you play as a team you can't expect that your life depends on you and only you. If your team makes bad plays, you will get punished by the killer because... they're mistakes.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/325823/new-option-needed-to-reject-being-healed

    If you run no mither you can't be healed anyway

    + you can reject a heal hold the sprint button

    3rd of all its ironic you are annoyed at your teammates when you yourself bring no mither for fun

    I don't bring No Mither for fun. I bring it because (I unlike many others) know how to play. And I play so well that I don't need two health states. So if you find yourself getting upset with players that use NO Mither and play better than you, you might want to take a look in that proverbial mirror. Be angry with players that are very basic with BT, DH, DS, etc. Those are what can be called basic players, and generic thinkers. And it's for that reason that there are major changes coming to the generic community's misfortune.

    Also, you missed the point. I obviously know that I can't be healed, it's the other players that didn't get the memo. Yet they continue to get in the way. They also RUN everywhere leading scratch marks to me while I'm trying to remain undetected.

  • @Bot_Salvo88 said:

    If you play as a team you can't expect that your life depends on you and only you. If your team makes bad plays, you will get punished by the killer because... they're mistakes.

    I get your point, but that's not entirely accurate. The truth is regardless of how many points I will get. I don't have to assist with anything in the trial. I could hide the whole game and just be a Hatch Hunter. Yeah, that's a type of survivor too. Let everybody else die and then save myself. As I said, I prefer to survive and play the way I want. That should be an option, instead of having to unavoidably deal with foolish behavior detracting from my fun.

  • They won´t make an option like that.

    If you want that you have to play SWF.

  • Maybe they don’t want to heal you, but are just trying to get you killed for bringing such an awful perk. Aside from the achievement and Rift challenge(s) associated with it.

  • @Ethromel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975946#Comment_2975946

    I don't bring No Mither for fun. I bring it because (I unlike many others) know how to play. And I play so well that I don't need two health states. So if you find yourself getting upset with players that use NO Mither and play better than you, you might want to take a look in that proverbial mirror. Be angry with players that are very basic with BT, DH, DS, etc. Those are what can be called basic players, and generic thinkers. And it's for that reason that there are major changes coming to the generic community's misfortune.

    Also, you missed the point. I obviously know that I can't be healed, it's the other players that didn't get the memo. Yet they continue to get in the way. They also RUN everywhere leading scratch marks to me while I'm trying to remain undetected.

    I can count one one hand the amount of players I've seen run No Mither and be able to run the killer better than I can.

  • The ability to not be healed by other players would be pointless if you're running No Mither. Players are already following you around trying to heal you despite the lack of a healing prompt. If they don't get that they can't heal you when you're broken, they're not going to get that they can't heal you because you have an option selected or something. I can understand 'no, don't touch me' for players with Resilience or 99ed Self-Care, but you already have that status baked in.

    Rejecting idiot unhookers would be nice, but I can see that option being used for trolling or by players who don't understand I have BT and intend to take a hit for them. I can envision scenarios where the play makes sense in my head (like denying a stack of devour hope, or recognizing that this killer camps and there will never be a safe chance to unhook), but the guy on the hook has another idea and I go down near the hook for nothing because the unhook got no-sold. Or worse, SWFs who want to share points with each other or help each other with tome challenges would reject randos even when it's detrimental to the game at hand.