There needs to be a punishment for bodyblocking

I cannot stress how silly this braindead “move” is in DBD. A survivor can make a ton of mistakes but it all goes away by another survivor(or majority of the time the entire SWF) bodyblocking the down/hook/exit gate/gen.


its the most infuriating tactic next to Shift+W that I can think of. I cannot express how many times a kill is denied by a survivor blocking an entire walkway just for me to hit that survivor and they either sprint away or another troll player steps in front of that survivor to block.


if you add in 2nd chance perks you might as well consider uninstalling for awhile.


devs please make an anti bodyblock perk or realistically speaking some kind of punishment system(maybe a hindered status like an anti bloodlust) for this horrible horrible annoying “play” in the game.

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    • Bodyblocking, as in tanking a hit for someone, is a perfectly valid game strategy. Perks like Forced Penance and Mad Grit exist to counter this, as well as killer powers including Huntress, Bubba, Pyramid Head, Nurse, Blight, Spirit, etc.
    • Bodyblocking, as in preventing another player from moving for a prolonged period of time and thus preventing them from playing the game, is classed as a hostage situation if it began before the Endgame Collapse was triggered, and as such is a permanently bannable offence.

    Forced penance doesn't really counter bodyblocking, but I still agree that bodyblocking is fine as it is right now.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    I don't think a survivor should be able to completely stop a killer. Survivors should suffer some sort of knock back or stumble effect for colliding with the killer.

    Being able to bulldoze through survivors would definitely be more thematic.

    I kinda like this idea.

  • I think its a valid way to do teamwork. You just have to find work arounds, like try the ability that lets you hit faster, it knocks people down quicker in groups. It's like how its hard being mobbed while carrying someone, but Starstruck works wonders with it.

  • Well there is its called getting hit, its just being injured isn't the threat it should be and healing up is really easy.

  • @DrBrain said:

    I cannot stress how silly this braindead “move” is in DBD. A survivor can make a ton of mistakes but it all goes away by another survivor(or majority of the time the entire SWF) bodyblocking the down/hook/exit gate/gen.

    its the most infuriating tactic next to Shift+W that I can think of. I cannot express how many times a kill is denied by a survivor blocking an entire walkway just for me to hit that survivor and they either sprint away or another troll player steps in front of that survivor to block.

    if you add in 2nd chance perks you might as well consider uninstalling for awhile.

    devs please make an anti bodyblock perk or realistically speaking some kind of punishment system(maybe a hindered status like an anti bloodlust) for this horrible horrible annoying “play” in the game.

    Someone needs to run Mad Grit

  • Exactly! If you run up against a tactic you really don't like, then get a perk to fight it! I hate losing bodies, and people who crawl away, I use Deerstalker.

  • It's part of the game this sounds like you're having a skill issue tbh.

  • @DrBrain said:

    I cannot stress how silly this braindead “move” is in DBD. A survivor can make a ton of mistakes but it all goes away by another survivor(or majority of the time the entire SWF) bodyblocking the down/hook/exit gate/gen.

    its the most infuriating tactic next to Shift+W that I can think of. I cannot express how many times a kill is denied by a survivor blocking an entire walkway just for me to hit that survivor and they either sprint away or another troll player steps in front of that survivor to block.

    if you add in 2nd chance perks you might as well consider uninstalling for awhile.

    devs please make an anti bodyblock perk or realistically speaking some kind of punishment system(maybe a hindered status like an anti bloodlust) for this horrible horrible annoying “play” in the game.

    Oh, an anti bodyblock perk such as...oh... what's that perk I'm looking for...um.... it's on the tip of my tongue....

    MAD GRIT MAYBE?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    • Bodyblocking, as in tanking a hit for someone, is a perfectly valid game strategy. Perks like Forced Penance and Mad Grit exist to counter this, as well as killer powers including Huntress, Bubba, Pyramid Head, Nurse, Blight, Spirit, etc.
    • Bodyblocking, as in preventing another player from moving for a prolonged period of time and thus preventing them from playing the game, is classed as a hostage situation if it began before the Endgame Collapse was triggered, and as such is a permanently bannable offence.

    Bt would like to speak with you.

  • body blocking is a very valid strategy it helps save a teammate from tunneling etc

  • 1) I don't think you should be able to bodyblock with BT

    2) You can count to 12 seconds

  • It's hard to do and easy to counter which is why it is rarely tried.

    If anything it needs to be stronger so survivors have more viable strategies then just genrushing

1 2 ›