REDUCE damn long 4 min slug-to-death time

Why shoud I waste god damn 4 min, when only 2 survivors left, killer slugg one surv and never hook until he finds me?


and even on situation that big asslug keeps crawling to me, wants to kamikaze together?


what, not to slug til death? it's about slugging play itself, not how-fast-slug-dies.

too many holes in the game. too many.

Comments

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2972651#Comment_2972651

    My reasoning is based on who makes the first move in this scenario.

    It is the killer who decides other people's time is less important than his own because he wants a 4th kill even though everyone in the game already knows he's won, with or without a hatch escape. It is the killer who imposes that same choice upon the hiding survivor, who now has to decide if the slug's time is less important than his own for a small chance at the hatch.

    I think in an ideal world it is up to the killer to respect the other two people's time rather than up to the hiding survivor to give themselves up to someone who's being greedy. And this is a philosophy I stand by when I play killer myself.

    Run towards the killer and end the match immediately when the 3rd person goes down.

    This removes the heinous 'time value' choice from the equation!

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973078#Comment_2973078

    Run towards the killer and end the match immediately when the 3rd person goes down.

    This removes the heinous 'time value' choice from the equation!

    Are you planning to add anything useful to the conversation at some point or is this it?

    To feed the troll: that would assume the killer is going to be greedy for the fourth kill. If he picks up the third survivor and hooks, as he should, there is no problem.

  • So you want to buff slugging which will cause killers to slug more?

    Yeah being on the ground for 4 minutes sucks, but it's that way so killers feel rewarded for hooking compared to leaving survivors on the ground that entire duration.

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973082#Comment_2973082

    Are you planning to add anything useful to the conversation at some point or is this it?

    To feed the troll: that would assume the killer is going to be greedy for the fourth kill. If he picks up the third survivor and hooks, as he should, there is no problem.

    The game can still extend for minutes at that point depending on hatch spawn and survivor skill.

    Pretty inconsiderate of everyone's time for a game that is already over...unless you're saying that the last survivor should always have a shot at the hatch?

    The quickest way to end things and prevent the horrible loss of time is to run to the killer.

    Admittedly, Knockout can be used in a dastardly manner to extend the game further, but it rarely comes up.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2972643#Comment_2972643

    If I play Survivor, yes, I dislike Survivors who want to go for a 4 man escape. Because most of the time it is a trade at best and often enough the Killer gets another Kill. Especially if people try to get their teammates out of the Basement against Killers like Bubba, Huntress or Trickster.

    If I am hooked in Endgame, I just suicide, because otherwise the Killer will just get more Kills.

    As Killer, I dont mind if they go for a 4 man Escape, as I said, most of the time it is in my favor.

    But slugging for the 4K just wastes the time of 3 players, because one player thinks that they did not win enough with a 3K and Hatch Escape (especially if the Survivors did not even get close to finishing all Gens).

    There is no point in complaining about "waste of time" when the whole game is essentially that. If you can't spare a few minutes that your opponent is entitled to, then you shouldn't be playing this game at all.

    Nothing wrong with a killer wanting to go for the 4k. That's the point of the role, to kill the survivors. Why should the killer settle for 3k and let the last person leave through yet another second chance feature in the game?

    Why disparage the killer at all? It is no different from the last survivor hiding. Why not complain about the last survivor doing nothing to further progress the game? Hiding until the slug bleeds out, only for a chance at the hatch just wastes time. Why don't they just walk up to the killer and let them end the game faster since the killer earned it and the survivors essentially lost?

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2972651#Comment_2972651

    My reasoning is based on who makes the first move in this scenario.

    It is the killer who decides other people's time is less important than his own because he wants a 4th kill even though everyone in the game already knows he's won, with or without a hatch escape. It is the killer who imposes that same choice upon the hiding survivor, who now has to decide if the slug's time is less important than his own for a small chance at the hatch.

    I think in an ideal world it is up to the killer to respect the other two people's time rather than up to the hiding survivor to give themselves up to someone who's being greedy. And this is a philosophy I stand by when I play killer myself.

    No, you decide how important your time is from the moment you ready up for a match. You enter the match knowing that there will be the possibility of getting camped and slugged.

    The hiding survivors influence on your time is just as strong as the killers. They lost the match, two people are dead and one is slugged. The hiding survivor is essentially deciding their opponents time is less important than everyone else's since they believe they're entitled to the hatch. They always have the option to walk on out to die or take a chance to pick up the slug. Instead, they're being selfish, disregarding everyone else's time because they feel entitled at a small chance for the hatch.

    In an ideal world, it is up to the hiding survivor to respect the other two peoples time rather than be greedy and let their teammate bleed out for their selfish desire of denying a kill for the killer.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2972780#Comment_2972780

    There is no point in complaining about "waste of time" when the whole game is essentially that. If you can't spare a few minutes that your opponent is entitled to, then you shouldn't be playing this game at all.

    Nothing wrong with a killer wanting to go for the 4k. That's the point of the role, to kill the survivors. Why should the killer settle for 3k and let the last person leave through yet another second chance feature in the game?

    Why disparage the killer at all? It is no different from the last survivor hiding. Why not complain about the last survivor doing nothing to further progress the game? Hiding until the slug bleeds out, only for a chance at the hatch just wastes time. Why don't they just walk up to the killer and let them end the game faster since the killer earned it and the survivors essentially lost?

    "There is no point in complaining about "waste of time" when the whole game is essentially that. If you can't spare a few minutes that your opponent is entitled to, then you shouldn't be playing this game at all."

    There is a difference between actually playing the game or lying on the ground for 4 minutes.

    But it is whatever, I consider slugging for the 4K sweaty and unnecessary. If you enjoy it and think it is a great experience, please tell me your ingame name, so if I have you in my game at any point, I will just slug you for 4 minutes. Because this is how you enjoy your games.

    So, yeah... I wont change my opinion on that one. Everyone would get more fun and more points if the Killer would just be happy with a 3K (most of the time it is a 4K anyway, since the Hatch-Change the Killer has every advantage to get to the Hatch first). And I highly doubt that looking for the last Survivor who will just be hiding is any fun for the Killer.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973214#Comment_2973214

    "There is no point in complaining about "waste of time" when the whole game is essentially that. If you can't spare a few minutes that your opponent is entitled to, then you shouldn't be playing this game at all."

    There is a difference between actually playing the game or lying on the ground for 4 minutes.

    But it is whatever, I consider slugging for the 4K sweaty and unnecessary. If you enjoy it and think it is a great experience, please tell me your ingame name, so if I have you in my game at any point, I will just slug you for 4 minutes. Because this is how you enjoy your games.

    So, yeah... I wont change my opinion on that one. Everyone would get more fun and more points if the Killer would just be happy with a 3K (most of the time it is a 4K anyway, since the Hatch-Change the Killer has every advantage to get to the Hatch first). And I highly doubt that looking for the last Survivor who will just be hiding is any fun for the Killer.

    You're still playing the game when slugged. You still have control over movement, and can still pick yourself up with perks or get picked up by your teammate. If you hate it so much, give up one or two of your precious perk slots to counter it.

    No where in my posts did I allude to enjoying being slugged, but sure, whatever. I go by Huge Bush in game as well. Feel free to play as you like as long as you follow the rules set by the devs. Unlike many other survivor mains on this forum, I wont come here to whine about it.

    Nah, you and survivor mains who care not for your opponents would be happy if the killer settled for a 3K. This is like asking survivors to settle for completing 5 gens and not opening the doors.

    It seems like you just want players to play on your terms or they're just sweaty. A very common theme on these forums.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    Can we have the same option to speed up ecg for idiots standing at the gate?

    Good idea it should be considered a "safe zone" when remaining survs enter these areas the egc cap itself to 10 secs which kills or forces survs out

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973078#Comment_2973078

    No, you decide how important your time is from the moment you ready up for a match. You enter the match knowing that there will be the possibility of getting camped and slugged.

    The hiding survivors influence on your time is just as strong as the killers. They lost the match, two people are dead and one is slugged. The hiding survivor is essentially deciding their opponents time is less important than everyone else's since they believe they're entitled to the hatch. They always have the option to walk on out to die or take a chance to pick up the slug. Instead, they're being selfish, disregarding everyone else's time because they feel entitled at a small chance for the hatch.

    In an ideal world, it is up to the hiding survivor to respect the other two peoples time rather than be greedy and let their teammate bleed out for their selfish desire of denying a kill for the killer.

    I can see the similarities in these situations, yes, but I still believe the very first choice lies with the killer.

    In the end, I think neither one of us is right or wrong here, it's just a matter of opinion. I personally don't slug for the 4k for the reasons I've mentioned, but I understand that it's not forbidden and I can't blame other people for the way they play as long as they play by the rules. It's been nice discussing this with you. :)

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2972446#Comment_2972446

    If all the remaining survivors are in the exit and killer isn't around to down them I think it's fair for EGC to speed up.

    better yet, if all survivors are at gate and the killer concedes, The Entity just straight up grabs the survivors and pulls them out of the match.

1 2 ›