Vertical hits
Yes, I know vertical hits favour killers, but do you think devs will consider fixing them some day?
Yes, I know vertical hits favour killers, but do you think devs will consider fixing them some day?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Vertical hits..? There's like 3 different things you could be referring to here
I don't really see a problem with the favoring killers.
When you are falling from a high and 1 sec after the killer hit you as if you’re not at the ground
Ah, so general latency issues.
They tried fixing it before with hit validation but outside of dead hard and pallets it does nothing to helping fix incredibly laggy hits, so I doubt we'll get much progress
No, this is not a latency issue, because it happens 100% of times
No this absolutely is latency because to the killer you have not yet fallen and so they can hit you, whilst to the survivor you're already halfway down to the ground
Sounds like you're playing on high ping then.
I’m talking about a surv falling and the killer hitting you anyway. I don’t think it’s a latency problem
That is literally a classic latency issue.
WHAT YOU SEE:
You vault a window on a 2nd story building, you are halfway down and you get hit. Complete BS.
WHAT THE KILLER SEES:
They hit you just as or just after you vaulted. Perfectly fine hit, nothing amiss.
WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN:
Latency.
I think what he is referring is more of a hitbox thing, the hitbox is falling but if there is still a slight bit of it where the Killer attack hitbox is located, they still overlap and register as a hit even if almost all your character is on a diferent level, it does look super weird but it has always been like this.
I know it always was like this, but I think it’s time to devs to correct it. It’s the same as maps not showing anything at the start of some matches. It has been a bug for years, but I think it’s time to fix it
Pokos.