Ok, after this video I am becoming very evil 👿
Basically this is the full explanation of why DH is so frustrating and the perfect confutation of all arguments in its favour, like "just bait it out", etc.
Now, after this, i will become very "evil"
How?
With this build and strat: Plague with Corrupt, Thana, Blood echo, another perk, and Hematite seal + Limestone seal/Black Incense.
Strat: puke on every gen, and now the infection lasts 90 seconds instead of 40, so either you don't do gens at all or will have to get infected.
After I downed someone, you still don't wanna cleanse? Well, with Thana and blood echo camping will be VERY profitable for me, so until at least 2 people cleanse, I will 100% keep camping, especially if I have Deadlock or something else.
If you all cleanse immediately, then camping becomes not as good, because then you can do a trade, etc. So with a lot of corrupted pools the game becomes much interesting.
Comments
Anyway, what do you think of this "anti DH and gens hostage" Plague build?
I've tried it many times, and it's very strong against even really really strong survivors!
Especially with Black Incense you can perfectly track when to camp and when you can leave the hook comfortably.
One point I don't agree is "Games are supposed to be fun"
I always see "Its not the killers job to make ur game fun"
Its not the survivors job to make ur time fun either.
still think Dead hard should be nerfed
Why on earth would I as a Killer Main, get excited about a rant about Dead Hard.
I already know its annoying and I already know BHVR is gonna address it. I knew that even before the latest Stream.
This is not a matter of killer mains vs survivor mains, this is judging the game's balancement, which is something that people that play both sides and have thousands hours tend to have and those who just play one side tend not to have and write absurd opinions in the forums.
But what I got from the way he said that statement was indeed "Its the survivors job for me to have fun"
just what I got from it
It's not what they meant, they meant that killers are supposed to kill and you gotta react accordingly to what they do, and of something is unfun it's because of the devs.
Are really Killer mains starting to say they are entitled to have fun from the Survivors? I didnt watch the video because 18 minutes of someone ranting about DH is not my cup of tea but if someone indeed said that its... rich.
Thats literally the opposite of what was said in the vid, some people are just dumb <3
I agree - Main issue people tend to overlook unfortunately is Dead by Daylight is one of those games where when one side is doing well likely the other side won't have fun unless the winning side tries to accommodate for them. It's neither sides job to make sure the other team has fun though.
Problem with DBD isnt if you do well the others suffer, you can apply the principle to almost any PvP game, problem is DBD has a ton of annoying stuff from both sides which are actually very strong plays, getting facecamped, getting mass stunned, getting slugged, pallet to pallet chases, certain setups etc those are all extremely unfun and are usually the way to go.
Why is that? What do all those things have in common? they take control out of the player, when you are getting facecamped, mass stunned+flashlight blinded, getting chain-pallet stunned or slugged for 3 minutes etc you are not playing, you are at the mercy of the other side allowing you to resume playtime, stuff that deprives players of agency is extremely frustrating, take WoW as an example (cant say now because I stopped playing years ago so it may be outdated) what was the usual complain about PvP when I played? the sheer amount of stuns on top of other stuns and/or "I.W.I.N." builds where people pressed a button, burned all their strongests CDs at once and melted you in 2 seconds, both options took away any options to play for the person eating the stuns or getting melted.
Obviusly all games have this to a degree (FPS when you die you have to wait for a respawn, Fighting games when you eat a combo you have to wait for it to end, etc) but the sheer amount of annoying stuff where players have 0 control in DBD is out of the scale, especially when said actions are very easy to pull and very rewarding, we all know how rewarding is facecamping or DHing towards a godpallet is...
Here we go again. Posting the same stupid video every other day is really infuriating.
Again, the saddest part of this is that a perk living in your head rent free. Thinking and dreaming of it every day. Really sad.
Yeah, I don’t need an 18 minute video telling me Dead Hard is overpowered. Even the devs know it’s overpowered and are nerfing it.
Seen that vid yesterday, Vid couldn't be more true. I've been taking a break last few weeks not playing DBD since the games mechanics and dead Hard was really getting to me. Ghost Face with sloppy butcher my killer of choice to deal with DH.
Healthy? Marked and instant down.
Injured? 1 of 2 things either catch them with their pants down with stealth or if they do notice me and there's too much distance or they're at a really safe spot I'll mark them about %80-95 then leave them for someone else.
Not DBD: I've been playing Oxygen Not Included these last few weeks instead if DBD and been really enjoying it. Just need to force myself off early instead of staying up until 1-2AM...
Exactly
Good video. You should watch it.
everything in that video so true it's sad.