Bodyblocking in Lery's door

I just played a match in Lery's as the twins and I threw Victor at Feng at the gate. I was coming to get her and David just BLOCKED me at that outside door (before the gate). I literally couldn't pass through. I lost 1 kill because of that. How is that fair? The survivor (theorically the weaker beings) just stops me from going to the gate. Bodyblock is already a pain in the ass and extremely powerful in this game, but that? It's just not healthy. A survivor's presence shouldn't be a wall to the killer.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Why does the larger survivor, the stronger being, not simply eat the weaker ones?

  • Killers should be able to just push past survivors

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Killers should be able to just push past survivors

    Because bodyblocking exists I really think it's important when you play killer to only play a killer who either:

    1. Can teleport through people (Nurse not Ringo)
    2. Has instant downs all the time (not Ghostface)
    3. Can easily keep 8 stacks of STBFL (Nemesis, Demo, Pig - but dont try Pig unless you are CMWinter).


    Generally speaking the game would be better if there were no bodyblocking at all. It encourages cheap plays (killer pins you in place for free hit or instant down) or survivors force you to attack them by blocking paths.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954518#Comment_2954518

    Because bodyblocking exists I really think it's important when you play killer to only play a killer who either:

    1. Can teleport through people (Nurse not Ringo)
    2. Has instant downs all the time (not Ghostface)
    3. Can easily keep 8 stacks of STBFL (Nemesis, Demo, Pig - but dont try Pig unless you are CMWinter).

    Generally speaking the game would be better if there were no bodyblocking at all. It encourages cheap plays (killer pins you in place for free hit or instant down) or survivors force you to attack them by blocking paths.

    I main pig, but don't use stbfl, I'll probably try it

  • Shoulda tried Goalie Twins, like Dowsey demonstrated. Then you would have been the one blocking the exit gate. We are playing hockey after all! 🥅

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954518#Comment_2954518

    Because bodyblocking exists I really think it's important when you play killer to only play a killer who either:

    1. Can teleport through people (Nurse not Ringo)
    2. Has instant downs all the time (not Ghostface)
    3. Can easily keep 8 stacks of STBFL (Nemesis, Demo, Pig - but dont try Pig unless you are CMWinter).

    Generally speaking the game would be better if there were no bodyblocking at all. It encourages cheap plays (killer pins you in place for free hit or instant down) or survivors force you to attack them by blocking paths.

    To me, the most unique advantage on Sadako is the ability to pass through survivors. Unfortunately she's a weak killer, and it's really sad having to use one of those items to counter a pretty dumb "mechanic". I feel like killer players always have to play the game with a series of "To counter that, I have to run this" perks or killers. And that is really boring. I don't wanna run STBFL, anti-sabo, thrill of the hunt, ranged killers and that stuff everytime just to counter "basic mechanics" survivors have up their sleeves.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Killers should be able to just push past survivors

    I think that can be a very nice change to the game if done the right way.

  • As the killer has a weapon, they can easily hit the survivor and that moves them out of the way!

  • @jamba said:

    I just played a match in Lery's as the twins and I threw Victor at Feng at the gate. I was coming to get her and David just BLOCKED me at that outside door (before the gate). I literally couldn't pass through. I lost 1 kill because of that. How is that fair? The survivor (theorically the weaker beings) just stops me from going to the gate. Bodyblock is already a pain in the ass and extremely powerful in this game, but that? It's just not healthy. A survivor's presence shouldn't be a wall to the killer.

    Bodyblocking is a thing, just hit the survivor in your way. Tunnel vision won't do you any good if you ignore your obstacles

  • @Mandy said:

    As the killer has a weapon, they can easily hit the survivor and that moves them out of the way!

    But what about when a survivor intentionally blocks another survivor in a corner? There's absolutely nothing the survivor being blocked can do, other than pray the killer comes around and realizes what's going on or be forced to DC and take a penalty. I think collision should be removed from the survivor side after 20 seconds to prevent griefing/holding the match hostage.

  • @Mandy said:

    As the killer has a weapon, they can easily hit the survivor and that moves them out of the way!

    How does that work in the Endgame Collapse? They take a hit for another survivor, you lose both because they'll reach the exit gate before you can reach them again. It happens A LOT. In my case, it was like 20 meters from the exit. David's presence literally made me lose the kill. I didn't have a choice, there was no possible way to counter it. It takes zero skill and no punishment. Is it fair?

  • @Wampirita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/323751/bodyblocking-in-lerys-door

    Bodyblocking is a thing, just hit the survivor in your way. Tunnel vision won't do you any good if you ignore your obstacles

    Read my comment above. It was very close to the gate. I couldn't pass through the door without hitting him. If I hit him, I lose. If I don't hit him, I lose.

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954850#Comment_2954850

    How does that work in the Endgame Collapse? They take a hit for another survivor, you lose both because they'll reach the exit gate before you can reach them again. It happens A LOT. In my case, it was like 20 meters from the exit. David's presence literally made me lose the kill. I didn't have a choice, there was no possible way to counter it. It takes zero skill and no punishment. Is it fair?

    It works the same in endgame collapse. EGC is not a special treatment. They made a smart play. Win some, lose some. That's all.

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954850#Comment_2954850

    How does that work in the Endgame Collapse? They take a hit for another survivor, you lose both because they'll reach the exit gate before you can reach them again. It happens A LOT. In my case, it was like 20 meters from the exit. David's presence literally made me lose the kill. I didn't have a choice, there was no possible way to counter it. It takes zero skill and no punishment. Is it fair?

    Starstruck, NOED, SBTFL, all killer perks to help you with the end game and bodyblocking. Play Bubba or Billy if you always want a one-hit down ability too. You can't even block against Bubba - period.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955373#Comment_2955373

    It works the same in endgame collapse. EGC is not a special treatment. They made a smart play. Win some, lose some. That's all.

    It's not the same. In the EGC gates are opened and they can easily get out before you reach them again. If you play killer you know this.

    How is that smart? Any mediocre survivor can do it (and knows they can do it) and it takes zero skill. It's not mindgaming, it's just not doing anything and preventing the killer from moving, basically.

    No risk, extremely high reward.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955373#Comment_2955373

    Starstruck, NOED, SBTFL, all killer perks to help you with the end game and bodyblocking. Play Bubba or Billy if you always want a one-hit down ability too. You can't even block against Bubba - period.

    Yeah. Don't play meta, play these decent perks so you have a CHANCE survivors won't do cheap and situational "strategies" and make you lose the game, potentially.

    Starstruck wouldn't help me there. STBFL neither. NOED is very counterable. Bubba and Billy. Really?

    I was doing the twins' challenge for the tome. Even so, I shouldn't have to restrict my gameplay just so I might not have a problem with a lazy and terrible "mechanic".

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955381#Comment_2955381

    Yeah. Don't play meta, play these decent perks so you have a CHANCE survivors won't do cheap and situational "strategies" and make you lose the game, potentially.

    Starstruck wouldn't help me there. STBFL neither. NOED is very counterable. Bubba and Billy. Really?

    I was doing the twins' challenge for the tome. Even so, I shouldn't have to restrict my gameplay just so I might not have a problem with a lazy and terrible "mechanic".

    Then don't come here whining and asking for help. See @Bwsted 's comment above.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955407#Comment_2955407

    Then don't come here whining and asking for help. See @Bwsted 's comment above.

    I already replied to them. I'm not whining. It's called feedback. You're probably a main survivor (or a really conformed killer) if you don't see the problem here.

    You're basically telling me I should give up using meta perks (which are the only viable way to play killer currently) to use perks or killers that will have a slight chance to counter a situational "mechanic" that shouldn't even exist in first place.

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954850#Comment_2954850

    How does that work in the Endgame Collapse? They take a hit for another survivor, you lose both because they'll reach the exit gate before you can reach them again. It happens A LOT. In my case, it was like 20 meters from the exit. David's presence literally made me lose the kill. I didn't have a choice, there was no possible way to counter it. It takes zero skill and no punishment. Is it fair?

    Why was David not injured? if you had provided better pressure in the match David would be the one downed and you would've continued on in the match.

    This is not a bodyblocking issue, this is you not pressuring survivors issue.

    Making sure survivors are injured are key to snowballing in the match, you cant expect healthy survivors not to do anything about saving their teammates.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955373#Comment_2955373

    Why was David not injured? if you had provided better pressure in the match David would be the one downed and you would've continued on in the match.

    This is not a bodyblocking issue, this is you not pressuring survivors issue.

    Making sure survivors are injured are key to snowballing in the match, you cant expect healthy survivors not to do anything about saving their teammates.

    Are you serious? it was in the endgame, they had just healed while I was hooking another survivor. And I even injured 1 or 2 more people after that (so there was 2/3 people injured, but not him). How can you seriously expect me to keep every survivor injured all the time? And that's really not the point.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Killers should be able to just push past survivors

    genuinely would love to see this be added, i'm imagining something like how mr. x pushes zombies in the RE2 remake

    https://youtu.be/kQ1EfzFhNus
  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've seen several complaints of people using twins to bodyblock room entrances so no one can unhook the person inside, having them die on first hook.

    A killer shouldn't be able to do that either. Bodyblocking is a two way street

    Charlotte can be moved through after enough time has passed

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954529#Comment_2954529

    To me, the most unique advantage on Sadako is the ability to pass through survivors. Unfortunately she's a weak killer, and it's really sad having to use one of those items to counter a pretty dumb "mechanic". I feel like killer players always have to play the game with a series of "To counter that, I have to run this" perks or killers. And that is really boring. I don't wanna run STBFL, anti-sabo, thrill of the hunt, ranged killers and that stuff everytime just to counter "basic mechanics" survivors have up their sleeves.

    Why do you think survivors run Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, or Unbreakable?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I've seen several complaints of people using twins to bodyblock room entrances so no one can unhook the person inside, having them die on first hook.

    A killer shouldn't be able to do that either. Bodyblocking is a two way street

    I don't do that, and that is another "exploit" of bad map/physics design. Would (and has to) be solved the same way.

    It's funny that they NERFED >PIG< because a few people were using the afk strategy on jigsaw boxes. Bodyblocking to MAYBE get a kill gets fixed. Bodyblocking to secure an escape (literal opposite) is ignored.

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2957302#Comment_2957302

    I don't do that, and that is another "exploit" of bad map/physics design. Would (and has to) be solved the same way.

    It's funny that they NERFED >PIG< because a few people were using the afk strategy on jigsaw boxes. Bodyblocking to MAYBE get a kill gets fixed. Bodyblocking to secure an escape (literal opposite) is ignored.

    I don't think you can use an exploit, aka AFK Pig, as a justification for anything.

    Survivors have had the ability to bodyblock since the beginning of the game. That's not a exploit.

  • @CodeDB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954582#Comment_2954582

    Why do you think survivors run Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, or Unbreakable?

    Because they're meta. Killers have to deal with a lot more things than survivors bodyblocking. Anti-gen perks are the most viable way to play killer right now. Change your build and get gen rushed in 5 minutes.

    Survivors "base kit" is good enough, especially in SWF. Add Dead Hard, Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike and now you're unstoppable (if you know how to play, obviously). It's convenient to use these perks because they have the most impact ingame. Killers use anti-gen perks because it's essential to them.

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2957336#Comment_2957336

    Because they're meta. Killers have to deal with a lot more things than survivors bodyblocking. Anti-gen perks are the most viable way to play killer right now. Change your build and get gen rushed in 5 minutes.

    Survivors "base kit" is good enough, especially in SWF. Add Dead Hard, Borrowed Time and Decisive Strike and now you're unstoppable (if you know how to play, obviously). It's convenient to use these perks because they have the most impact ingame. Killers use anti-gen perks because it's essential to them.

    A perk isn't run because its meta, a perk is meta because it is optimal to run. There is a big distinction. Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, and Unbreakable all counter specific game mechanics that survivors run because of how common/effective they are for the killer side.

    You saying "I feel like killer players always have to play the game with a series of "To counter that, I have to run this" perks or killers. And that is really boring" is laughable because that is exactly how a good portion of the meta has been established.

    Also, if you run 4 gen slowdown perks and then the exit gates are powered, you have no rights to complain about being without a perk to help you in the situation. You put all your eggs in the basket of defending gens and then still lost the gens. You should be asking yourself how effective and necessary those perks truly are if you find yourself in this situation often.

  • @CodeDB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958554#Comment_2958554

    A perk isn't run because its meta, a perk is meta because it is optimal to run. There is a big distinction. Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, and Unbreakable all counter specific game mechanics that survivors run because of how common/effective they are for the killer side.

    You saying "I feel like killer players always have to play the game with a series of "To counter that, I have to run this" perks or killers. And that is really boring" is laughable because that is exactly how a good portion of the meta has been established.

    Also, if you run 4 gen slowdown perks and then the exit gates are powered, you have no rights to complain about being without a perk to help you in the situation. You put all your eggs in the basket of defending gens and then still lost the gens. You should be asking yourself how effective and necessary those perks truly are if you find yourself in this situation often.

    When I said "I feel like killer players always have to play the game with a series of "To counter that, I have to run this" perks or killers. And that is really boring" I meant perks that counter these little situational things. Survivors use it because it's optimal for them. As a killer it's not optimal to run perks to counter bodyblock, as it's (again) situational and doesn't have a solid counter really.

    In that match I didn't have meta perks because I haven't leveled up twins to the max yet. But I had a decent build at least. Shouldn't matter for this topic. Survivors will eventually repair all the gens. It's not the point. You guys are really deviating from the subject here (bodyblocking).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958554#Comment_2958554

    That's what the META is. Almost all the meta perks are actually reactionary to the match. Many of them are bandaids for balance issues that are now required for gameplay.

    No survivor actually wants to run Borrowed Time mate, the perk was added specifically to combat hook camping, and it's basically a requirement to have it in most matches, or the consequence is that in any camping situation the killer will down the unhooker and the unhooked with minimal effort and there nothing that can save them.

    Gen pressure is necessary, but I get 4Ks just fine without dedicating my whole build to it, so that sounds like your struggling to apply pressure. Not overpowered survivors abusing the game.

    Taking a hit for someone else is strategy. It happens in many games outside of this one. Just because it lost you a kill doesn't make it broken, it just makes you salty.

    Yes, taking a hit for someone else is a strategy, but should the killer be literally unable to pass through? Should that strategy literally prevent the killer from killing a survivor by just standing still? Again: zero effort, zero risk, extremely high reward.

    They nerfed one of the worst killers in the game (pig) for arguably less than this.

    And don't call me salty, it sounds like you're the salty one.

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954873#Comment_2954873

    Read my comment above. It was very close to the gate. I couldn't pass through the door without hitting him. If I hit him, I lose. If I don't hit him, I lose.

    You'd already lost before that point, sadly. Protection hits are a thing in this game and the health states exist as a resource for the survivors to strategically leverage to their own advantage. I know it's frustrating to be in those tense, final moments where an uninjured survivor plays quarterback to keep you from catching the one you want, but this is a game that already gives the survivors next to nothing in terms of explicit ways to "fight back" against the killer - it's for the most part indirect (like the scenario you're describing)

  • So your mad the survivors did their job and protected each other?

    Just hit them

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955378#Comment_2955378

    You'd already lost before that point, sadly. Protection hits are a thing in this game and the health states exist as a resource for the survivors to strategically leverage to their own advantage. I know it's frustrating to be in those tense, final moments where an uninjured survivor plays quarterback to keep you from catching the one you want, but this is a game that already gives the survivors next to nothing in terms of explicit ways to "fight back" against the killer - it's for the most part indirect (like the scenario you're describing)

    It's not about protection hits. It's about literally blocking the killer and getting no punishment.

    Do you even play the DBD? Survivors rule the game, this is kinda obvious today.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958710#Comment_2958710

    You could pass through. They didn't prevent you from moving. Hit David twice and you get to go through lol. Had you been there sooner, you'd have managed to hit David twice and get a kill.

    I was controlling Victor and David was not my target. He obviously wasn't there before. Even if it was another killer, the same could happen. He "trapped" my inside. If I hit him, everyone escapes. If I don't hit him, I can't get through. Losing because a survivor stood still at the door. Fair.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    So your mad the survivors did their job and protected each other?

    Just hit them

    I'm not mad, I'm just tired of this nonsense. I play survivor just as much as killer and everytime I get to be the one bodyblocking I say something like "look at this, it's so stupid". Because it is. Not because I'm the killer or whatever.

    Again: zero effort, zero risk, extremely high reward (I'm gonna keep reminding this to you guys)

  • What do you do when things like this happen to you? Do you just accept that a survivor standing still just made you lose and you couldn't do anything to turn the situation around?


    (and please don't come up with ideal/specific situations to get around it)

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958860#Comment_2958860

    I'm not mad, I'm just tired of this nonsense. I play survivor just as much as killer and everytime I get to be the one bodyblocking I say something like "look at this, it's so stupid". Because it is. Not because I'm the killer or whatever.

    Again: zero effort, zero risk, extremely high reward (I'm gonna keep reminding this to you guys)

    If you can't get over how DbD's health state system functions, and survivors having the ability to work as a team against the killer, might be time for a new game for you. Maybe a single player custom game like Minecraft, where you can customize the game to go however you want. You be the dev!

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2958740#Comment_2958740

    It's not about protection hits. It's about literally blocking the killer and getting no punishment.

    Do you even play the DBD? Survivors rule the game, this is kinda obvious today.

    I'd like to help provide you some comfort so you can better reconcile the injustice you're seeing here, but I don't understand your comment. Bodyblocking to force you to swing at them is forcing a protection hit, the consequence is that the survivor is now injured. That they're within range of the exit when this happens and can escape at no risk to themselves is the cumulative consequence of an entire match's worth of successes, failures, and individual decisions - every trial is a power struggle between the killer and survivors, and if the survivors successfully establish control over the match (like, say, having a powered exit gate and uninjured survivors gathered at the gate ready to help run interference & escort injured survivors to the exit) then they not only can, but should take advantage of that for their mutual benefit.

    You're right that when the survivors are very well coordinated (more coordinated than would be typically possible without the use of external communication tools) they can be very resilient and difficult to catch, but that's just the way this game currently exists. If the game was just a killing spree simulator on the killer's part, survivors probably wouldn't find the game very interesting. They're not loading up with the expectation to be easy prey.


    @jamba said:

    What do you do when things like this happen to you? Do you just accept that a survivor standing still just made you lose and you couldn't do anything to turn the situation around?

    (and please don't come up with ideal/specific situations to get around it)

    Yes.

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959123#Comment_2959123

    I'd like to help provide you some comfort so you can better reconcile the injustice you're seeing here, but I don't understand your comment. Bodyblocking to force you to swing at them is forcing a protection hit, the consequence is that the survivor is now injured. That they're within range of the exit when this happens and can escape at no risk to themselves is the cumulative consequence of an entire match's worth of successes, failures, and individual decisions - every trial is a power struggle between the killer and survivors, and if the survivors successfully establish control over the match (like, say, having a powered exit gate and uninjured survivors gathered at the gate ready to help run interference & escort injured survivors to the exit) then they not only can, but should take advantage of that for their mutual benefit.

    You're right that when the survivors are very well coordinated (more coordinated than would be typically possible without the use of external communication tools) they can be very resilient and difficult to catch, but that's just the way this game currently exists. If the game was just a killing spree simulator on the killer's part, survivors probably wouldn't find the game very interesting. They're not loading up with the expectation to be easy prey.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959141#Comment_2959141

    Yes.

    You're talking like it's very complicated. It's not. I've been playing this game since 2018 and these situations happen A LOT (as survivor and as killer). You can't define what is a good or bad match for the killer talking this generally. It shouldn't matter how good or bad you were throughout the match because it's an isolated situation (it certainly doesn't matter for survivors, who can even get a free escape after the whole team dies at 3 gens remaining). I'm not saying that the killer needs to have the upper hand all the time. I'm just saying that some things are lazily designed and apparently the Devs are not willing to rethink them. Why nerf pig (a very weak killer) for using a strategy and just ignore survivors doing the same thing (even more efficiently)?


    "Yes."

    And you don't see my point? Wow. This game is doomed, isn't it?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959141#Comment_2959141

    I prepare for it, obviously. Survivors taking protection hits is part of the game. It's part of the strategy. They are rewarded emblem and BP for it. I make sure to plan for chase interruptions, I try to stay aware of other survivors in the area of a chase and I give congratulations when a team manages to body block effectively all the way to the exit gate.

    What I don't do is go online and whine about how I was somehow 'entitled' to a kill before I actually had it in the bag and decide arbitrarily that the game is broken for it. Never mind that there could have been dozens of other ways you lost that kill.

    She could have dead hard out of reach. Or she could have juked you last second. She could have been given a syringe and recovered a health state right before you hit her. She could have been running adrenaline.

    So long as a character is alive, you don't have that kill, nor are you owed it. You didn't 'lose' anything. You never had it.

    God...

    I had Victor on her at the gate. I was coming for her (I'm considering you know how The Twins work, but I might be wrong). I was gonna make it, but I COULDN'T REACH ANYWHERE NEAR THE GATE because David was blocking the only exit. It's a relatively wide door but I just couldn't get through. It was a specific situation, but it can happen in many other ways, with other killers and/or perks.

    I'm struggling to understand how you can think it's okay to secure an escape by standing still. Meanwhile the Pig got nerfed because it's not okay to secure a kill by standing still. I really don't think there's anything else I could say to make you get it.

  • @jamba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959161#Comment_2959161

    You're talking like it's very complicated. It's not. I've been playing this game since 2018 and these situations happen A LOT (as survivor and as killer). You can't define what is a good or bad match for the killer talking this generally. It shouldn't matter how good or bad you were throughout the match because it's an isolated situation (it certainly doesn't matter for survivors, who can even get a free escape after the whole team dies at 3 gens remaining). I'm not saying that the killer needs to have the upper hand all the time. I'm just saying that some things are lazily designed and apparently the Devs are not willing to rethink them. Why nerf pig (a very weak killer) for using a strategy and just ignore survivors doing the same thing (even more efficiently)?

    "Yes."

    And you don't see my point? Wow. This game is doomed, isn't it?

    I see your point, but I don't agree with it. The argument distills down to "I don't think bodyblocking is a valid strategy." If you want to isolate the scenario down to the very specific variables "A healthy survivor separates you from an injured survivor using their collision" then yes, there's nothing there you can do about it.

    Twins specifically gets countered by survivors sticking near one another for this exact reason - which is also why notable Twins mains like Lynxi runs Forced Penance in most of her Twins games (due to the frequency of protection hits + the value twins gets from keeping all survivors injured).

    I'm hoping you might stop to meditate on why its simultaneously possible for someone to understand your argument and not agree with it, or perhaps why depriving survivors of the ability to bodyblock for each other might end up being reductive for the game in terms of strategy and complexity.


    As for Pig - there's not a parallel between a survivor placing themselves between you and an injured survivor in a loop, hallway, or corridor (like one leading to the exit) and the killer obstructing a jigsaw box. You have an option to move & pass through the obstructing David, even if you don't like that option (injured survivors have no collision for a few moments) while the survivors have no recourse to pass through or around the Pig to get at that box unless the killer decides to allow it.

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2959231#Comment_2959231

    I see your point, but I don't agree with it. The argument distills down to "I don't think bodyblocking is a valid strategy." If you want to isolate the scenario down to the very specific variables "A healthy survivor separates you from an injured survivor using their collision" then yes, there's nothing there you can do about it.

    Twins specifically gets countered by survivors sticking near one another for this exact reason - which is also why notable Twins mains like Lynxi runs Forced Penance in most of her Twins games (due to the frequency of protection hits + the value twins gets from keeping all survivors injured).

    I'm hoping you might stop to meditate on why its simultaneously possible for someone to understand your argument and not agree with it, or perhaps why depriving survivors of the ability to bodyblock for each other might end up being reductive for the game in terms of strategy and complexity.

    As for Pig - there's not a parallel between a survivor placing themselves between you and an injured survivor in a loop, hallway, or corridor (like one leading to the exit) and the killer obstructing a jigsaw box. You have an option to move & pass through the obstructing David, even if you don't like that option (injured survivors have no collision for a few moments) while the survivors have no recourse to pass through or around the Pig to get at that box unless the killer decides to allow it.

    I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me. The only issue is when people try to deny the problem by justifying other factors or they simply don't want to see from this perspective.

    I believe bodyblock will eventually be "reworked". Maybe not soon, but someday. I think it encourages "lazy" strategies that are not fair and definitely not healthy (for both sides), especially in some cases like mine. The point of this topic was to express this. I see you've got the point, so there's no need to keep arguing, I guess (I'm also tired of this discussion 😅). Thanks, anyway.

  • It's like Ive said. Survivors shouldn't be brick walls if they've walked into the killer