What is THE 1 announcement you would want most from the anniversary stream?

For me, it has to be a complete nerf /gutting of the meta on both sides. That's what I would like to hear. How about you guys?

Comments

  • Let me go ahead and also say Slenderman just because it's freaking Slenderman

  • Remove mmr, balance the game from the top down, shrinking map sizes, making more loops mind gameable, nerfing over tuned meta perks, early game collapse to slow the first few gens down.

  • I'd really like to see them finally tell us what they're doing to make moris basekit.

  • @EvilBarney666 said:

    For me, it has to be a complete nerf /gutting of the meta on both sides. That's what I would like to hear. How about you guys?

    Dead hard nerf (most likely going to add BT basekit to compensate), an announcement that they changed their mind and are actually going to work on an early game collapse, and a COH rework, maybe like revert it back to 100 percent healing speed, remove self care part, and when you're injured and inside COH your aura is shown to your teammates so you can signal them over to heal if in solo Q or smth.

  • Killers getting a second power. You switch between the original or the new altered one on the loadout screen.

  • SBMM is getting removed and they are working on a better matchmaking system (I'd personally like to see one that involves information regarding how much time player's have spent playing dbd in matches in total).

  • "We have decided to buy the stronger and better anti-cheat"

  • @Kurri said:

    "We have decided to buy the stronger and better anti-cheat"

    Announcing that without immediately implementing it would be a terrible idea. It’s like saying “Heyo you hacker people, we’re coming in 3 weeks!” You’d be giving them ample time to just circumvent it entirely.

  • That they fix the ######### servers.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2949908#Comment_2949908

    Announcing that without immediately implementing it would be a terrible idea. It’s like saying “Heyo you hacker people, we’re coming in 3 weeks!” You’d be giving them ample time to just circumvent it entirely.

    The reason that this hacking group is having such an easy time with bypassing the anti-cheat is because they don't pay for the better version.

    "You'd be giving them ample time to just circumvent it entirely" 🤣

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    They're not gonna "gut" all meta perks, my dude.

    For me it is a huge grind reduction.

    but they totally should

    gutting DH,COH,NOED,Starstruck, etc etc etc would be huge, imagine how fresh the game would be with a whole new meta

  • Fix grind and spend at least half a year on game health. Rework killer and perks that are hardly used.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2949253#Comment_2949253

    That’s ok, I respect your dissenting opinion. It’s not unfounded as mechanically it was hugely unbalanced and needed to be changed.

    but boy was it fun while it lasted.

    it was fun, but it heavily promoted tunneling. nothing wrong with it from a gameplay perspective as killer, but as survivor? imagine going against a camping killer. your BT,DS,UB,etc does NOTHING

  • @jinx3d said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2949257#Comment_2949257

    it was fun, but it heavily promoted tunneling. nothing wrong with it from a gameplay perspective as killer, but as survivor? imagine going against a camping killer. your BT,DS,UB,etc does NOTHING

    I did many times. Can't say it ever really bothered me because the threat of elimination was exciting. Everyone has different things they want from a game, but I'd rather get killed in 2 mins after a couple of high stakes chases than uneventfully spend 10min sitting a gens without any excitement, but that's just me.

    I liked getting mori'd because hey it was thematic. It rarely happens now, makes play survivor more dull.

  • @jinx3d said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947803#Comment_2947803

    but they totally should

    gutting DH,COH,NOED,Starstruck, etc etc etc would be huge, imagine how fresh the game would be with a whole new meta

    The meta is so stale. It needs to change. Out of the over 100 perks all you see is the same thing on both sides.

    Hell, you don't even need to actually have a meta perk equipped. However, you have to play around the THREAT of them having it. That goes for both sides.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950191#Comment_2950191

    I did many times. Can't say it ever really bothered me because the threat of elimination was exciting. Everyone has different things they want from a game, but I'd rather get killed in 2 mins after a couple of high stakes chases than uneventfully spend 10min sitting a gens without any excitement, but that's just me.

    I liked getting mori'd because hey it was thematic. It rarely happens now, makes play survivor more dull.

    I played a tombstone piece myers and left the game with 6k points. Yeah I’m glad I wasn’t around with the old moris

  • "We hereby remove the bloodpoint limit."

  • literally anything for QoL improvements

    reduce the grind, add complete visual & sound settings, add an FOV slider. i just want anything like that

  • @Mdawgu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2949526#Comment_2949526

    Uh no, camping and tunnelling are tactics even the devs have said so. Does it suck? Sure. Is it fun? Not really. That is a balance issue. Have you stopped to think it might have gotten so bad BECAUSE of the survivor meta deciding who a killer is allowed to go for? M1 killers cant get the 12 hooks they need to win against competent survivors, there is not enough time in a match so camping somebody out is the best bet. You saying you would rather quality killers over quantity may be the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Because that means you play nurses for the rest of your life lol because you DAMN well aren't going to be left with the 'niceguy' killers once every other killer hangs up their boots.

    Seriously man you are saying killers shouldn't be allowed to try to win in a way you deem unfun. For real? Deal with it.

    I guess whatever helps you sleep at night? I bet you tunnel and camp at 5 gens. Do you want to know a secret about why the devs consider it a tactic? Admin. Pure and simple, it would be a logistical nightmare for them to manage the extra influx of reports it would generate. Better to turn a blind eye to it to keep killers feel vehemently justified to their brain dead play style.

    I didn’t say quality killers - I said quality matches. A quality match is where the SBMM has succeeded in curating a balanced match. One where survivors and killers points are pretty much equal post trial. I’m not saying killers should sacrifice their fun at the expense of survivors’ fun. I’m enough of an adult to admit when I’ve been outplayed by a killer, but why should my match be over because I got insta-downed by a face camping Bubba within the first 20 seconds of a match? No perks, play style or competency of my other survivors, can counter that.

    You can still get a decent amount of points without getting 12 hooks or a 4K. Just so many players are so black and white with this, why is it so hard to comprehend that sometimes you may just not get a kill and move on to another match? I guess too many inexperienced killers like the ‘Hook Guarding Simulation Game’ too much 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • @tofurkey_jerky said:

    I would like to see more + bolder PTB experiments. There is no reason why they can't put out a beta branch where they just experiment with a few ideas for a week. They could do a whole week where they just experiment with different ways to balance Dead Hard, or spend a week fiddling with percentages on over/under performing perks/addons, or let people vote for percentage changes on a perk/addon and trying the most popular suggestions out for a day each on a PTB.

    If there is a problem that prevents more experimental PTBs I would like an announcement that they're fixing that problem and will settle for an announcement about more PTBs once the problem is solved.

    I always thought it would be cool if they had modded matches maybe like once a week or once a month. Just random, stupid things - separate from ranks etc. where they pick and change / modify 1 gameplay setting; Quadrupole fog, survivors half speed, killer has no heartbeat, trials have a couple of trick generators in them that break when they’re finished so you have to do extra ones to get all 5 of the real ones working. Just random little things like that, I know it probably wouldn’t be worth the extra workload for the devs, but it would certainly be fun every now and then. I’d definitely play it 🤞

  • A button in the loadout screen that blind-randomises your perks for the next game and gives you a small boost in bloodpoint gains for doing so. Hopefully this would mean more perk variety in games instead of meta perks every game.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2950255#Comment_2950255

    I played a tombstone piece myers and left the game with 6k points. Yeah I’m glad I wasn’t around with the old moris

    Tombstone Myers is definitely for the fun of it not the points.

    He’s my fav Myers though to play and face. So deadly, creepy and scary great game all round.

    After all these years I’ll trade bps for fun any day. But yes for new players the grind needs to be addressed.

  • A licensed killer... I kind of want to be excited, but the only thing exciting about the leak is that the next killer would be licensed. Ayy!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947807#Comment_2947807

    Idk why you would want that

    Overwatch 2 for overwatch has nearly killed overwatch.

    The winking emoji might or might not indicate sarcasm 😶‍🌫️

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947807#Comment_2947807

    Just wanted to say hi! Nice to see you posting since I haven’t seen you around here in a while.

    Aww,thanks <3

    DbD got pretty stale so i played something more fun 😶‍🌫️

  • That they fix the rubberbanding which is really annoying since 5.7.0 and ofcourse hug tech fix, i dont need anything else.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2948580#Comment_2948580

    Aww,thanks <3

    DbD got pretty stale so i played something more fun 😶‍🌫️

    I understand, I’m nearing that point as well. While I love the game, the devs have failed to breathe new life into the game and each chapter is more or less the same as the last.

  • @EvilBarney666 said:

    For me, it has to be a complete nerf /gutting of the meta on both sides. That's what I would like to hear. How about you guys?

    Getting rid of SBMM, it doesn't belong in this game.

    But one can only dream of that

  • Steam Deck / Proton support

    Basekit WGLF/BBQ BP bonuses

    Remove perk tiers

    Remove DH i frames

    Basekit Shadowborn

    unlock the BP cap

  • A higher blood point cap and new items in the blood web would be a nice announcement. Perhaps an item trade in feature too where all those unwanted offerings can be traded for other items.

  • Unlinking cosmetics.

  • an ETA on solo queue changes that where announced a while ago.

1 2 3 ›