Are survivor items too strong?

Dont go hating, I'm genuinely curious what people think and I'm well aware I'm nor what youd call casual so my opinion will likely be different.

Personally I never use high rarity items, usually brown toolbox/medkit and a yellow flashlight (dont use keys or maps, not a BP billionaire lol) and I feel these items benefit me in a good way and is usually enough to help me within the trials.

I do however feel some items are too strong especially when factoring in each survivor can use them and I feel alot of items should be changed how they work and the addons they have so a few quick examples

Medkits, it shouldn't be possible to get above 2 heals from it and this should be high rarity. Medkits should focus on faster heals, better skillcheck bonuses, more skill checks and heal other survivors much faster

Toolboxes shouldn't repair gens faster, instead make repairs quite, better and more efficient for sabotaging, can be used on totems for a faster cleanse and bypass notification perks like tinkerer explosions etc. Or just all noise notifications in general.

Summary: merits for less self heals, but faster and more for very fast team heals. Toolboxes focus on gens and making them quiet with an extra bonus of faster totems

Comments

    • keys perfectly fine after the rework, though i think they should have a duration buff so that they're actually useful for aura reading now.
    • maps perfectly, annoying if you're gonna be running a hex build to play against them but eh.
    • flashlights are mostly fine for the majority of the killers, besides maybe the hag. who instantly loses her traps from them, when it should at the very least take up .25 seconds to burn a trap away.
    • tool boxes borderline strong and game breaking. in just how much they can change the macro gameplay. taking away to make repairs faster and instead making them do other things repair related would be way healthier for the game. for saboing they're perfectly fine.
    • medkits are all very powerful at the moment especially with how rampant COH is and how they stack together

  • Items are fine with the exception of Med-Kits and Toolboxes with certain Add-Ons

  • Keys, maps, and firecrackers are fine.

    Flashlights are the weakest item a survivor can bring unless you're a Hag, Nurse, Wraith, or Artist.

    Toolboxes are probably fine. I never really notice a huge difference in the game. I'd rather see 4x BNP than 4x medkits.

    Medkits are tough to balance because they're useless if they don't heal for full health states. It's not like a toolbox where you can adjust the speed/charges and still have a useful item regardless. A survivor is either injured or healthy, and the killer's weapon doesn't care that they're 70% healed. I wouldn't mind capping them at 32 charges and adjusting the speed down a bit on the Emergency Med Kit and add ons. I pretty much always take a yellow or green medkit with 32 charges.

  • I would rework toolboxes. They should not make generators faster, they should protect them from regression (Ruin, pop, kick etc). Ofcourse with limited charge.


    And med-kits should get nerf.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Keys, maps, and firecrackers are fine.

    Flashlights are the weakest item a survivor can bring unless you're a Hag, Nurse, Wraith, or Artist.

    Toolboxes are probably fine. I never really notice a huge difference in the game. I'd rather see 4x BNP than 4x medkits.

    Medkits are tough to balance because they're useless if they don't heal for full health states. It's not like a toolbox where you can adjust the speed/charges and still have a useful item regardless. A survivor is either injured or healthy, and the killer's weapon doesn't care that they're 70% healed. I wouldn't mind capping them at 32 charges and adjusting the speed down a bit on the Emergency Med Kit and add ons. I pretty much always take a yellow or green medkit with 32 charges.

    Basically this ^

    Out of all survivor items, Medkits are the only ones that really deserve a nerf. Most of the problems I have with toolboxes would he fixed with overall map balances and regression buffs.

  • Yes, a team with 2 Brown Medkit and a team with 4 Ranger and Syringe should not exist along side with each other. For me, items cause a bigger problems than perks.

    I think item should be reworked like Killer's power. Which is free but only have 1 version: Brown, but weaken. Without addon Items are only good at helping other, not themselves.


    My idea, not going details

    Medkit: Free; has 8 charge. Requires a brown addon 3000 BP; + 8 charge, to make it work the same as default Brown medkit. Of course there are Yellow / Green addon that have more charge.

    You get my idea.

  • @mistar_z said:

    • keys perfectly fine after the rework, though i think they should have a duration buff so that they're actually useful for aura reading now.
    • maps perfectly, annoying if you're gonna be running a hex build to play against them but eh.
    • flashlights are mostly fine for the majority of the killers, besides maybe the hag. who instantly loses her traps from them, when it should at the very least take up .25 seconds to burn a trap away.
    • tool boxes borderline strong and game breaking. in just how much they can change the macro gameplay. taking away to make repairs faster and instead making them do other things repair related would be way healthier for the game. for saboing they're perfectly fine.
    • medkits are all very powerful at the moment especially with how rampant COH is and how they stack together

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Items are fine with the exception of Med-Kits and Toolboxes with certain Add-Ons

    Agreed, what about the changes I suggested for the toolboxs/medkits?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Keys, maps, and firecrackers are fine.

    Flashlights are the weakest item a survivor can bring unless you're a Hag, Nurse, Wraith, or Artist.

    Toolboxes are probably fine. I never really notice a huge difference in the game. I'd rather see 4x BNP than 4x medkits.

    Medkits are tough to balance because they're useless if they don't heal for full health states. It's not like a toolbox where you can adjust the speed/charges and still have a useful item regardless. A survivor is either injured or healthy, and the killer's weapon doesn't care that they're 70% healed. I wouldn't mind capping them at 32 charges and adjusting the speed down a bit on the Emergency Med Kit and add ons. I pretty much always take a yellow or green medkit with 32 charges.

    I wish I had your experience verse toolboxes lol.

    And for the medkits they will still fully heal but highest rarity with addons should give 2heal states max. Having survivors each able to self heal definitely causes issues and a yellow medkit with a brown addon currently gives 2 self heals at a good speed.

    I just feel it should be less self heal loads of times and more self heal faster and heal others much faster with reduced consumption rate (encourages team play)

  • I think less but faster heals is fine.

    I'm not sure how I feel about quiet repairs, it's not really that good, but @MikaelaWantsYourBoon 's idea was really good imo.

    @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    I would rework toolboxes. They should not make generators faster, they should protect them from regression (Ruin, pop, kick etc). Ofcourse with limited charge.

    And med-kits should get nerf.


  • @C3Tooth said:

    Yes, a team with 2 Brown Medkit and a team with 4 Ranger and Syringe should not exist along side with each other. For me, items cause a bigger problems than perks.

    I think item should be reworked like Killer's power. Which is free but only have 1 version: Brown, but weaken. Without addon Items are only good at helping other, not themselves.

    My idea, not going details

    Medkit: Free; has 8 charge. Requires a brown addon 3000 BP; + 8 charge, to make it work the same as default Brown medkit. Of course there are Yellow / Green addon that have more charge.

    You get my idea.

    Ngl I dont like the idea of forcing a brown medkit to have an addon to heal is a little unfair and I do feel that should be base but maybe a reduced speed? Other medkits definitely need tweaks along side the addons to stop combos for sure

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2941007#Comment_2941007

    I think less but faster heals is fine.

    I'm not sure how I feel about quiet repairs, it's not really that good, but @MikaelaWantsYourBoon 's idea was really good imo.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2940971#Comment_2940971

    Well my suggestion wasnt just to make them quiet but to counter notifications so missed skill checks, perks like tinkerer, call of brine etc. But that ruin thing is okay also, I just feel faster gens is abit meh

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2940988#Comment_2940988

    Ngl I dont like the idea of forcing a brown medkit to have an addon to heal is a little unfair and I do feel that should be base but maybe a reduced speed? Other medkits definitely need tweaks along side the addons to stop combos for sure

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2941019#Comment_2941019

    Well my suggestion wasnt just to make them quiet but to counter notifications so missed skill checks, perks like tinkerer, call of brine etc. But that ruin thing is okay also, I just feel faster gens is abit meh

    Faster Generators can get out of hand really quickly thanks to how big certain Maps are and how bad Generator spreads tend to be

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2941025#Comment_2941025

    Faster Generators can get out of hand really quickly thanks to how big certain Maps are and how bad Generator spreads tend to be

    Oh yeah definitely, tbh you dont even need big maps to make toolboxes very strong. Luckily people just dont use them to the full potential or games will be over mega fast

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2940988#Comment_2940988

    Ngl I dont like the idea of forcing a brown medkit to have an addon to heal is a little unfair and I do feel that should be base but maybe a reduced speed? Other medkits definitely need tweaks along side the addons to stop combos for sure

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2941019#Comment_2941019

    Well my suggestion wasnt just to make them quiet but to counter notifications so missed skill checks, perks like tinkerer, call of brine etc. But that ruin thing is okay also, I just feel faster gens is abit meh

    Its still the same, that the Medkit is now free, but requires a charge addon to heal yourself (still cost exactly 3000 for a self heal). Or you can only quick heal other with speed addon

    +healing speed addon can even increase up to 30-60-90% depends on addon rarity. Sounds strong, but because the possible that you can only heal 2 times (lets say a Medkit 8charge with a Green addon + 24 charge). Which mean there is no place for Styptic & Syringe

  • Keys are too weak since the hatch nerf. The hatch nerf was absolutely needed and shouldn't be reverted, but they could use a secondary effect and get some addon improvements.

    Maps are hard to balance. The best uses for a map currently are probably to find totems (especially if the killer is running a hex build) or for tracking stuff like bear traps (and tbh I think they shouldn't track killer-specific objects at all). But outside of that they mostly suck, and could use a buff, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about it that doesn't still leave them feeling lackluster.

    Flashlights are mostly fine, a few addons could get buffed if anything. You have to actively play into them to get any value, but denying the killer a hook is an extremely useful tool to have. Firecrackers and flashbangs are also fine. (Double locker saves should be removed though.)

    Toolboxes...eh. I don't think they're necessarily overpowered by themselves, but charge addons and BNPs are too much, or if you start stacking multiple toolboxes.

    Medkits probably need a bit of a nerf. I don't like that they make self-healing so efficient meanwhile using a medkit on your teammates is almost never worth it. I think the self-healing speeds should be toned down, but the altruistic healing bonuses they provide should be slightly increased. I do not think they should reduce the number of charges or anything though; a medkit with less than 16 charges is immediately significantly weaker and I think they should still retain the ability to heal yourself effectively, just at a slower rate.

  • Franklins Demise... Am I a Joke to You?

  • Keys are garbage, Toolboxes are bad (Save for Commodius Toolbox), Medkit are average, Flashlights (despite my burning hatred for them) are super situational. Survivor items are fine.

  • Toolboxes and medkits are the only problematic ones

    I honestly dislike the way they reworked toolboxes should've gotten with the route of dramatically reduced speed but kept old charges or added more charges to every box