Popular survivor perks don't get nerfed (as you can see with dead hard)

I'm a survivor main and barely play killer but knowing that popular survivor perks are not getting nerfed is for lack of a better word, tragic. Seeing survivors running the same gimmick build is plain ridiculous. Nobody runs but Dead hard, Borrowed Time, Iron Will, Unbreakable/B:CoH/Decisive Strike.

There are hundreds of survivor perks available and this is how far the scope is.

Change them or nerf them, I don't care, at least do something about it.

Comments

  • I mean, they have nerfed DS and COH. If you look at patches in the past, you'll see all the perks they nerfed that they considered OP or too strong.

    Many survivor perks aren't worth running unless you want to make a meme build or a less 'comp' build. So I really can't blame people for only running those perks, but I feel like people should at least try different builds from time to time.

  • MoM

    DS

    BT

    Balanced

    CoH (albeit with barely any effect)


    You are wrong.

  • The devs will never touch Dead Hard. Cuz who's gonna buy them Feng skins if they do?

  • I feel like you'd have more of a point if they hadn't nerfed both DS and CoH within the past year.

    As for BT, Unbreakable, Iron Will - they're awesome perks, sure, but do they need to be nerfed? Iron Will needs that bug where it mutes breathing to be fixed, yeah, but the only one that needs actual mechanical changes is Dead Hard, imo.

    (For the record, I regularly run Lucky Break, We'll Make It, Sprint Burst, Shadow Step, Detective's Hunch, and Power Struggle. There's tons of great survivor perks out there and the only perk I truly feel like I need to have at all times and can't remove from the build is Borrowed Time.)

  • Only meta perk I can´t paly without is Iron Will. I SUCK hard at looping so I can´t last without iron will.

    I never use DH, DS or Unbreakable. I think they´re boring. I only use BT if I have a "Unhook teammates safely" challenge.

    I love WGLF (for BP) or bond/open handed combo.

    And sometimes I´ll even run bad perks, but I think they are funny.

  • Unbreakable, DS and BT need to exist and be as strong as they are now because if they didn't exist, camping, tunneling and slugging all game would be buffed greatly. So I don't understand why these perks are really complained about (except some concerns about BT body blocking although I think that should be a thing).

    I understand your frustrations with DH, CoH and IW though.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Unbreakable, DS and BT need to exist and be as strong as they are now because if they didn't exist, camping, tunneling and slugging all game would be buffed greatly. So I don't understand why these perks are really complained about (except some concerns about BT body blocking although I think that should be a thing).

    I understand your frustrations with DH, CoH and IW though.

    Entirely irrelevant, but did we play together the other day?

    I believe it was versus a Bubba that wound up camping the basement on Grim Pantry. I was a Felix and you (or someone with your name) were Nancy.

  • They do get nerfed, eventually. It just takes years to finally do it and the killer population has to reach dangerous lows.

  • You do realize they just nerfed COH? Even if they’re not really going about it the right way.

  • So first of all, survivor perks get nerfed all the time (CoH twice, DS at least twice, BT at least 2 or 3 times l, MoM, etc)

    I have video proof that "nobody runs other perks" is a false statement.

  • Everyone else has already called it out, but your point is absolutely false. Heck, even Boil over literally got hit with 2 nerfs in the span of 3 months. It was quickly becoming quite a popular perk in high-rank play and lower before they kneecapped it.

  • They could do as they do for killers and give really good perks without nerfing them into trash-tier or buffing perks.

    You might see more variety. When was the last time a killer perk was nerfed?

    This is like calling the kettle black.

    The truth of the matter is they constantly nerf survivor perks and leave killer perks in a very broken state.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2928032#Comment_2928032

    Entirely irrelevant, but did we play together the other day?

    I believe it was versus a Bubba that wound up camping the basement on Grim Pantry. I was a Felix and you (or someone with your name) were Nancy.

    Hello, yup that's me! :)

    image.png

    Yea Bubba stood on the basement stairs the entirety of Matty's hook, I tried so hard to save him :(. Of course becca was unsaveable at the end too. Just a typical Bubba game.

  • Let's face it, they barely tickled CoH - that doesn't count as a nerf in my books, though admittedly that's just my 2c worth!