Haddonfield is so killer sided now

I’m sure everyone here is happy with the rework. Perhaps devs don’t remember survivors main exists. It’s ok this patch only include a big hug for survs, but make haddonfield so killer sided also it’s too much

Comments

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2930959#Comment_2930959

    Do you know how a good Killer plays like?

    They never chase a good Survivors around a God loop/Pallet/Window (unless they're Nurse), which leads to them leaving chase, or what you call it: Survivors escaping 100% of the time

    Yeah.. you're not really in any position to discus what a good killer is.

    I asked for a area in maps where if I a survivor reach I will escape 100% of the time, assuming.

    Your first example was to say cowshed. That is not what I said at all. Unless you meant main building. Which would be just wrong.

    Your second example to say "good killers hit survivors and leave." That does not address my point at all.

    Really can you at least try to answer my question. Or even better, reflect and maybe consider that I might have a point. Or will you change the goalposts a third time?

  • anyone feels game performance slowing down whenever you play as survivor/killer. if you running around main road area...

    really disturb when you playing.

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2930968#Comment_2930968

    Yeah.. you're not really in any position to discus what a good killer is.

    I asked for a area in maps where if I a survivor reach I will escape 100% of the time, assuming.

    Your first example was to say cowshed. That is not what I said at all. Unless you meant main building. Which would be just wrong.

    Your second example to say "good killers hit survivors and leave." That does not address my point at all.

    Really can you at least try to answer my question. Or even better, reflect and maybe consider that I might have a point. Or will you change the goalposts a third time?

    I don't think we're talking about the same type of loops.

    Getting hit at a God loop is nigh impossible, unless you're bad.

    Yes, Cowshed is a Map based around being constantly safe. It's littered with God loops.

    I'm sorry you can't loop effectively but God loops are structures where Survivors are 100% safe

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931047#Comment_2931047

    I don't think we're talking about the same type of loops.

    Getting hit at a God loop is nigh impossible, unless you're bad.

    Yes, Cowshed is a Map based around being constantly safe. It's littered with God loops.

    I'm sorry you can't loop effectively but God loops are structures where Survivors are 100% safe

    A god loop requires either a pallet or breakable wall. Once said pallet or breakable wall is used it is no longer a god loop. So now you are arguing that survivors should be able to add pallets as the match progress correct. Or was this just poorly thought out?

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931067#Comment_2931067

    A god loop requires either a pallet or breakable wall. Once said pallet or breakable wall is used it is no longer a god loop. So now you are arguing that survivors should be able to add pallets as the match progress correct. Or was this just poorly thought out?

    A God loop can also consist of Windows entirely, just like nearly every house of Haddonfield

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931079#Comment_2931079

    A God loop can also consist of Windows entirely, just like nearly every house of Haddonfield

    Ok fine. You got me.

    We will have maps that consists of infinites and dead zones. That way there will be places that if survivors go the killer auto wins and places that if the survivor goes they auto win. You said it yourself dead zones are great, amazing game design.

    So are you happy with that or will you now take issue with this?

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2931087#Comment_2931087

    Ok fine. You got me.

    We will have maps that consists of infinites and dead zones. That way there will be places that if survivors go the killer auto wins and places that if the survivor goes they auto win. You said it yourself dead zones are great, amazing game design.

    So are you happy with that or will you now take issue with this?

    I think you're confusing me with someone else, I never said Dead-Zones, nor God loops, are good game design

  • the map really isn't survivor or killer sided. it depends on how you run the buildings, loop areas and how quick you can counter each other.

  • @Kmcauley05 said:

    the map really isn't survivor or killer sided. it depends on how you run the buildings, loop areas and how quick you can counter each other.

    Sorry,but it killers sided as hell

  • The houses are downright broken if you know how to loop them and the killer can't even remove it or stop you.

    Maps horrible and they failed yet again.

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2930742#Comment_2930742

    My solution to maps is to create tiles that allow for input for both sides to demonstrate their skill.

    Your solution is creating places in maps for killers to auto win chases to both artificially inflate their rank and ego. Which is why so many killers are struggling.

    If your beating survivors not due to skill but because the map is giving you an auto win, your not really skilled are you?

    I mean - if you can't stick to some of the strongest buildings made to the game and run into the open, you're not really skilled are you?


    It works both ways.


    Personally - I'd rather have no real 'dead zones' and make the houses a lot weaker. But so long as the houses are so oppressive, the dead zones must remain. You cannot have the most powerful structures conjoined to power loops in every direction - that's the very definition of imbalance. It's just that simple.

  • @fixdeadhard said:

    It needs big obstacles in the street, killer can just hook 1 survivor in the middle and see everything, you can even patrol most of the gens while camping in the middle...

    Kind of agree something that blocks off the view in the middle would be good. Both in terms of gates for survs and for stealth killers.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2927903#Comment_2927903

    House of Pain has two really strong pallet spawns. A lot of the pallets are short walls with 2 long sides meaning that without a range attack you have to break the pallet anyways since there is no way to play around them unless you bloodlust. There's like 2 pallets I can think of where you can realistically play around them without bloodlust when they are already thrown.

    I'm not sure what kind of pallet strength you want, but the weakest haddonfield pallets are stronger than the pallets that existed on Hawkins where the killer could easily hit you on the otherside without really trying.

    Other than maybe 2 pallets, they are all literally straight lines on both sides, making them completely non-loopable, you may can get one loop, but then will be hit by a lunge because they are literally just a straight line. The maybe 3 car loops are OK at best, same as the car loops on badham. If you don't get the stun, you take the hit, but can only loop it once before a lunge will hit you. The rest of the pallets are even worse than the care loops because they are long STRAIGHT LINES. One loop, and a lunge will hit you and the other side is so short you can just walk around because there's nothing but a dead zone by the pallet.

    I will say there are 3 houses that are VERY strong, but that's it. Three spots on the map and the rest is ######### pallets and just an absolute dead zone waste. It's annoying as a killer to have a chase in one of the 3 houses and it's annoying as a survivor to be literally anywhere else than those three houses. It's a horribly designed map and woefully imbalanced. Killers DC, Survivors DC just when this map spawns it's literally THAT BAD. Seems people would rather suffer a penalty than to play this gutter trash. 80% of the map is killer sided, the other 20% is unbelievable broken for survivors. It's like having 3 shacks with the rest of the map being dead zones.

    If you struggle getting hits/down on one of the INCREDIBLY unsafe pallets, idk what to tell you honestly. You know that if you hold M1 you can do a lunge instead of a quick attack, right? Do that on any of the pallets and you'll get a guaranteed hit. Or just bate the drop and walk around the short side. Survivors can't mindgame these pallets. They are straight lines and don't block LOS. The three houses though, yes those are completely broken.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2927993#Comment_2927993

    Stealth got nerfed, and that's about it. All the buildings have 1-2 God Windows and 90% of Pallets are God Pallets

    Would love to see you loop any pallet on this map more than once. Please. Show us that they are god pallets. You're so full of crap. The windows in 3 of the houses are broken I can agree with that. The pallets however are unmindgameable trash that are just two straight lines on both sides.

  • gotta feel really great as a killer to "outplay" someone without any tools. I mean, nothing says smoll pp like beating someone who's defenseless, right? As a killer, you should literally never have to try. Every game should be ez pz 4k.

  • @herbaljellyfish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2929775#Comment_2929775

    gotta feel really great as a killer to "outplay" someone without any tools. I mean, nothing says smoll pp like beating someone who's defenseless, right? As a killer, you should literally never have to try. Every game should be ez pz 4k.

    Not at all.

    On the contrary, Dead Zones are balanced on maps to punctuate strong areas.

    If a survivor places themselves in a Dead Zone - it is either out of desperation, or because they lost their loop.


    If you're going against a killer in a Dead Zone, you put yourself out of position - or were skillfully corralled into the zone by the killer.


    Each and every map is festooned with extremely strong loops that put the killer at great disadvantage - especially earlier on with pallets. The existence of Dead Zones does not skew the game in any meaningful way so long as survivors play their cards right.

  • Learn the building loops on this map before posting stuff like this. You can buy a lot of time for free by using then well them eventually go to a pallet.

  • I don't know if you are right but if you are who cares? The Game is survivor sided but you like it, huh? As long I like the rework and the map is not broken (for exemple the game) I don't care if it's killer or survivor sided. Maybe because I play both, not like others.

  • The map is fine; I've had little complaint as killer or survivor. There are plenty of strong loops, and dead zones to balance them out. I mean, you should feel exposed in the middle of the street; seems pretty true to life to me, and give the map some personality. As a surv you want to stick to the perimeter; the killer should know this, but the loops are hella strong, and the indoor gens are some of the safest to work on (and hardest to defend) in the game. Doing the street gens is high risk, high reward. It's fun.

    I mean what do people want? Homogenous maps with every tile the same as the last? That would be boring AF, and leave little room for strategy. Part of the fun is playing around dead zones and strong loops.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    Its balanced.

    Houses and loops are strong, and theres dead zones.

    Actually, this map is the perfect definition of an unbalanced and utterly badly designed map:

    • very strong buildings with infinite material (several windows per building)
    • dead zones everywhere (sometime, even in the middle of the street from start)
    • useless/unplayable pallets if the killer has 2 brain cells on the rest of the map

    The goal as a survivor is to stay in buildings ... not really fun from killer POV with poor mindgames plays

    The goal as killer is to find people in dead zones (everywhere but buildings) ... not really fun from both sides (there is no satisfaction as a killer when you get automatic/easy downs, not the same feeling than reading your opponent move, tbh)

    Absolute garbage rework!

  • I'd say Haddonfield is definitely survivor sided, just not as much as it used to be. It's still a frustrating map to play on with extremely safe and isolated gens which are difficult to pressure, but i honestly have a lot of fun on it as killer.

1 2 ›