Wasn't the insane amount of OP windows on Haddonfield supposed to be fixed?

Theres like 3 windows off the top of my head that are almost uncounterable all of which are easily accessible in houses with the most powerful one being literally accessible from the street. Most killers cannot counter these windows and the amount of them was supposedly a bug. So when are we finally closing off the amount of god windows which spawn in one match?

Comments

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Theres like 3 windows off the top of my head that are almost uncounterable all of which are easily accessible in houses with the most powerful one being literally accessible from the street. Most killers cannot counter these windows and the amount of them was supposedly a bug. So when are we finally closing off the amount of god windows which spawn in one match?

    They reduced the amount of pallets and the middle of the map is a massive deadzone. Idk it seems pretty balanced to me. Survivors have stuff to work with and killers aren't totally helpless anymore like the old haddonfield.

  • @DyingWish92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321121/wasnt-the-insane-amount-of-op-windows-on-haddonfield-supposed-to-be-fixed

    They reduced the amount of pallets and the middle of the map is a massive deadzone. Idk it seems pretty balanced to me. Survivors have stuff to work with and killers aren't totally helpless anymore like the old haddonfield.

    That doesn't matter when you can just get hit and run to 1 of the 3 potential god windows on Myer's house and loop the killer til they somehow catch up with you. Only killers who can counter any of the Haddonfield God windows are like Pro artists, maybe huntresses, clown, wraith kinda, Nurse, Spirit, and Trapper. Everyone else will be forced to M1 through it in a slow grueling process and thats assuming they're only abusing the one window in the very front of the house. If you're smart and play with it chases can easily last 3+ minutes assuming the killer never leaves you. Then again even if they do everyone can abuse this house alone so its easy to just run straight for it everytime you're in chase.

  • I know what their thought process was okay we’re taking away lots of pallets, shrinking the map, making gen spawns better, making some deadzones. So they figured boosting the windows was the solution. Which makes it balanced but perhaps boring

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    I know what their thought process was okay we’re taking away lots of pallets, shrinking the map, making gen spawns better, making some deadzones. So they figured boosting the windows was the solution. Which makes it balanced but perhaps boring

    They could've just kept it dark and made it more stealth orientated lol. Having one decent window per house that all killers could reasonably counter if they're better than survivors is fine even but having 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 God windows across the map with extra really good windows in close proximity...its terrible design wise.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2926739#Comment_2926739

    That doesn't matter when you can just get hit and run to 1 of the 3 potential god windows on Myer's house and loop the killer til they somehow catch up with you. Only killers who can counter any of the Haddonfield God windows are like Pro artists, maybe huntresses, clown, wraith kinda, Nurse, Spirit, and Trapper. Everyone else will be forced to M1 through it in a slow grueling process and thats assuming they're only abusing the one window in the very front of the house. If you're smart and play with it chases can easily last 3+ minutes assuming the killer never leaves you. Then again even if they do everyone can abuse this house alone so its easy to just run straight for it everytime you're in chase.

    those windows were always there for haddonfield. One of them has breakable wall now. Myers house always had bottom infinity, but it used to be rng based. now its just always there on top floor. The other house always had that strong side-window but I think that window was also rng.

    I'd say the map is much improved given that it no longer has windows on house of pain and it no longer has those incredibly long fences. It still remains to have strong loops though. Its middle of the road map now. The generators spread and pathing is also much easier for killer to navigate compare to its old iteration.

    Survivors will just pick Badham now when they need a survivor-favored map as badham still has old house of pain. So I'd recon that badham and Cowshed are probably best survivor maps now.

  • Honestly I am just grateful at this point that the map was heavily nerfed at all.

    Old Haddonfield had: Nearly every house had a god window, pallets at basically every car in the middle of map, long fences that were abysmal for killers with no mobility, OG house of pain layout, "safe" spaces like on the balcony of Myer's house where you could sit and wait for the killer to go upstairs and then hop down, next to no dead-zones, easy to find totem spawns, and the possibility for heavily biased exit gates for either side

    New Haddonfield: Looks way better graphically, has dead-zones, less loops in the middle of the map at cars, less houses (even though every house has "god" windows, it's good there isn't as many), a different house of pain layout, better gen spawns for killer, better totem spawns for killer, set exit gate spawns that isn't too favourable for either side.

    Overall, I do think the map is still in the survivors favour if played correctly. The houses still serve as safe spot for survivors if they know how to run them. However, if looping outside of houses, it's quite easy to get hits or mind-game most of the loops (bar a few car loops and those hedge ones that are extremely long and unable to mind-game). It is a drastic improvement over the old Haddonfield and I no longer feel like DC'ing when I load into it as killer. I wish older reworks of maps were like this (e.g. The Game and how awful that rework is).

  • @calem said:

    Honestly I am just grateful at this point that the map was heavily nerfed at all.

    Old Haddonfield had: Nearly every house had a god window, pallets at basically every car in the middle of map, long fences that were abysmal for killers with no mobility, OG house of pain layout, "safe" spaces like on the balcony of Myer's house where you could sit and wait for the killer to go upstairs and then hop down, next to no dead-zones, easy to find totem spawns, and the possibility for heavily biased exit gates for either side

    New Haddonfield: Looks way better graphically, has dead-zones, less loops in the middle of the map at cars, less houses (even though every house has "god" windows, it's good there isn't as many), a different house of pain layout, better gen spawns for killer, better totem spawns for killer, set exit gate spawns that isn't too favourable for either side.

    Overall, I do think the map is still in the survivors favour if played correctly. The houses still serve as safe spot for survivors if they know how to run them. However, if looping outside of houses, it's quite easy to get hits or mind-game most of the loops (bar a few car loops and those hedge ones that are extremely long and unable to mind-game). It is a drastic improvement over the old Haddonfield and I no longer feel like DC'ing when I load into it as killer. I wish older reworks of maps were like this (e.g. The Game and how awful that rework is).

    So because they fixed a couple issues that means others should be ignored? Weird way of thinking.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2926792#Comment_2926792

    So because they fixed a couple issues that means others should be ignored? Weird way of thinking.

    They did more than fix a "couple" issues. The map has drastically changed in nearly every way. I don't see an issue with a few good windows on the map when the rest of the tiles can usually be mind-gamed. I have been playing new Legion since the update and getting Haddonfield A LOT, I am having no problems with it.

  • @calem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2926832#Comment_2926832

    They did more than fix a "couple" issues. The map has drastically changed in nearly every way. I don't see an issue with a few good windows on the map when the rest of the tiles can usually be mind-gamed. I have been playing new Legion since the update and getting Haddonfield A LOT, I am having no problems with it.

    Yeah cause you're not going against good survivors. They're not 'good' windows they're god windows which when played correctly an M1 killer CANNOT ever catch up before at least 4 gens pop.

  • Took less than a day for the complaints to start.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2926902#Comment_2926902

    Yeah cause you're not going against good survivors. They're not 'good' windows they're god windows which when played correctly an M1 killer CANNOT ever catch up before at least 4 gens pop.

    You are making such huge assumptions here. If you bothered to actually read my posts, I initially said that I still think it's survivor sided if they know how to run the houses. I verse a lot of good survivors and I can tell when they are better than others. I'm done with this though, you don't seem like someone who is open to a discussion when you've already made your mind up.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Took less than a day for the complaints to start.

    I played on the PTB and was okay with it because it was assumed to be a bug since they did say there was a lot of spawn bugs which made the map very survivor sided so when they dropped on live still unfixed I think I have a right to complain

  • @calem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2926910#Comment_2926910

    You are making such huge assumptions here. If you bothered to actually read my posts, I initially said that I still think it's survivor sided if they know how to run the houses. I verse a lot of good survivors and I can tell when they are better than others. I'm done with this though, you don't seem like someone who is open to a discussion when you've already made your mind up.

    If you agree with me then why're you trying to argue? I don't understand your point so now you think I'm right?

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2926920#Comment_2926920

    If you agree with me then why're you trying to argue? I don't understand your point so now you think I'm right?

    I am sorry but you've severely misunderstood what I am saying. I am also not arguing, I'm trying to you know... Have a discussion? Read my first post again. I agree that the map is survivor sided still. BUT it's such a drastic improvement over old Haddonfield that I think complaining about a few windows is unwarranted this early after it dropped on live servers. Maybe give it some time to see if everyone else has the same issues and then try and change it. There are much worse maps that need changing before this new iteration of Haddonfield

  • @calem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2926925#Comment_2926925

    I am sorry but you've severely misunderstood what I am saying. I am also not arguing, I'm trying to you know... Have a discussion? Read my first post again. I agree that the map is survivor sided still. BUT it's such a drastic improvement over old Haddonfield that I think complaining about a few windows is unwarranted this early after it dropped on live servers. Maybe give it some time to see if everyone else has the same issues and then try and change it. There are much worse maps that need changing before this new iteration of Haddonfield

    You forget most people have played it already and had these issues when it was on the PTB. This is a new issue for console players yes but not PC players.

  • I would rather old hadon at this point..

    I need to play it more, but i am running into what op describes. Survivors run to the middle building to abuse the busted window in the front. If you try to reverse it they have enough time to switch to another building or go wherever they want really. There is enough junk in the middle to defend against ranged killers, and the filler pallets are broken or buy enough time against non ranged.

    Gen spawns are awful to defend as well.