Do you break 50/50 pallet instantly as a killer?
??
??
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
These days I find less survivors actually play pallets, they seem to just drop them and run. So it really depends but it often isn't worth it if you can force a mindgame if a survivor has to resort to that downed pallet again later on
Yes usually
I break all.
Might not be very clever but pallets mostly screw me up. If they are gone and the game lasts a bit it helps later.
50/50? I'm not sure what you mean exactly.
I have a set number of pallets I never break because they dont waste any time to mindgame it and usually a survivor will vault it slowing them down abit or locking them in animation for some easy ranged/antiloop hits.
But this is very small amount of pallets, there are so many safe ones out there especially if they have DH. Most pallets you have 1 chance to get them and if not you need to break it unless you're 1 of 4 certain killers
Depends. There's no blanket yes/no answer to that.
Assuming it is an actual 50/50 pallet that can be mindgamed by an M1 killer, typically no, I won't break it immediately. A lot of survivors also will just run away from a loop after a stun in which case I might not break it and just go around the loop and follow them if it’s faster to do so. I also like to fake breaking pallets though it doesn’t work with every killer as some animations are more difficult to fake.
If it’s anything much better than a 50/50 I’ll probably just break it, and obviously with safer pallets you don’t have a choice.
I break pallets whenever I can unless I know I can quickly mindgame the survivor. I at least try to position them on the weaker side before breaking it though.
In my experience trying too hard to mindgame a pallet makes the chase take longer than if you'd broken it immediately. Leaving the pallet down also allows it to come back into play later if a survivor runs back to that loop creating, another mindgame situation whereas you could've easily downed the survivor if the pallet was destroyed.
I break 100/100 pallets instantly in Gideon as a killer.
If I'm still chasing someone at a gameable pallet I'll try and catch them at it rather than just break it. If it looks like I won't be able to catch them at it though I'll loop them to the side of the pallet I want them at if possible and then break it. (Preferably with them on the side of the pallet that when they run they hopefully go into a dead zone or get stuck in the corner of the map.)
If I'm not in a chase and I see a dropped pallet I just break it. Technically the optimal play is probably to ignore really unsafe pallets to shave off a couple of seconds but I'd just as soon take that resource off the map entirely to be safe. Plus breaking things is fun! 😄
If I think I'll come back to this pallet later, I'll break it.
Noed gaming requires plenty of forethought and setup. Chases lost now can be won later.
But I typically dont like mind gaming pallets a whole lot, especially if they have uneven surfaces like those rocks on say, Coal Tower. Survivorsseem to be able to hug it tightly but I find myself losing distance sometimes
Depends if the pallet blocks pathways or doorways for me, Game map or Doctor's map for example or pallets that extend loops majorly like on Red Forest. Usually play Artist , Pyramid head and Blight so they're not much of an issue other than that. But i'll break other pallets if not in a chase and have the time to earn extra points.