Which Killer(s) is the best at tunneling?

Pyramid Head? Anyone else who is good at it?

Note: I am not asking because I want to tunnel Survivors 24/7, just curious who people think is the best.

Comments

  • agreed as pyramid head. Can even bypass DS from its power

  • Bubba, You dont have to tunnel once you catch somebody because they will never get off the hook.

  • As far as I know, the Demogorgon is the only killer that can tunnel. So he's definitely the best.

  • Definitely Pyramid Head. And if you put on a Mori, it will get even easier.

  • Well, if we aren't counting the fact that bubba can largely deny the unhook from happening in the first place and also consistently down through BT, then it's probably pyramid head due to his ability to bypass DS.

  • Pyramid Head because of the power to ignore BT and DS, as well as the ability to double hit at the hook, closely followed by Bubba because of the power to completely deny any unhooks and then hit through BT easily.

    Which is a shame, because it gives my little baby a bad rep </3

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Pyramid Head because of the power to ignore BT and DS, as well as the ability to double hit at the hook, closely followed by Bubba because of the power to completely deny any unhooks and then hit through BT easily.

    Which is a shame, because it gives my little baby a bad rep </3

    Can you link me your ph tutorial thread that you once mentioned. I started playing him a little.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2919284#Comment_2919284

    Can you link me your ph tutorial thread that you once mentioned. I started playing him a little.

    I'm working on a new one that I'm looking to have done mid-July at the latest (I have the longest exam season it's possible to have so my free time may be limited lmao). But most of these tips still apply and I haven't acruallt changed my build because no new perks except maybe Deadlock work on him.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So a few attentive people may recognise this from a comment I made yesterday (technically it was 24 minutes into today but let's not talk semantics). A couple of people suggested I make it a real post because "That's an excellent guide, very well put together." So, here I am. I've added a few more things so it's still worth a read.

    This will cover what is, in my opinion, his best build and why, as well as a few tips on playing him & a few videos.

    So hey, it's me- GoodBoyKaru, your friendly neighbourhood Pyramid Head main- here to give some swift Tips and Tricks(tm) to help make you a better Pyramid Head player!

    For the record, this was made during DBD Patch 4.7.2

    Build

    PERKS

    My personal favourite and imho strongest build is this:

    • Corrupt Intervention

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5A01IV8RME2M/image.png

    Crucial early-game slowdown on a killer without mobility, allows him to stall the game massively because survivors know that if they get found they're doomed.

    • Pop Goes The Weasel

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FHA7ZFNAKVZY/image.png

    It's the second best gen regression perk in the game, Ruin is too volatile to be anywhere near reliable on him because, again, no movement speed, he needs gen perks because he cannot move around the map quick enough, 11/10. "But you don't hook pe-" WRONG. You should be getting plenty of value out of PGTW and if you're overcaging then you're taking your map pressure and throwing it out the window.

    • Barbeque and Chili

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SC8THLXSY3RP/image.png

    Now, you could obviously put other perks here like Infectious Fright (amazing snowball), Tinkerer (Undetectable is nice and it helps tell you where to go but again no movement speed) or Discordance (amazing info, can sometimes do nothing about it). However I say BBQ because I like the perk and also because bloodpoints.

    • I'm All Ears

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V90CSL0I44NO/image.png

    Hands down the best perk in the game for Pyramid Head, that's six seconds of wallhacks. I cannot stress how valuable this is with his power- that is a guaranteed free hit in 9/10 situations. To show what I mean, I've linked a timestamped video below of where IAE comes in so clutch- continues to 5:16 in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=296s

    (you can watch the whole thing if you really want I'm proud of the game).

    An honourable mention here goes to Ruin/Undying over Pop/Corrupt. As I've mentioned before, Tinkerer isn't a great perk on him due to his lack of speed, but the same goes for Ruin/Undying. You don't have the map mobility to defend your totems, especially if they spawn further away, and you'll probably end up losing two perks before 2 gens go. Corrupt/Pop is just more consistent in my experience.

    ADD-ONS

    So, his add-ons aren't great. The best ones, by far, are range add-ons which, when combined, extend his POTD by up to 2.5m (10.5m total). These are Burning Man Painting (Rare), Wax Doll (Uncommon), and Black Strap (Common), which ass +1.5m, +1m, and +0.5m respectively.

    tips

    Okay so rule number one is to not break pallets. Sounds weird but, just trust me.

    His power is incredibly strong in a chase- so much so that if a survivor commits to an animation they die. If you don't break pallets (with some exceptions like God pallets) you can do amazing things. Because who doesn't want more opportunities to win a chase, like, instantly? It turns incredibly safe pallets into death sentences

    To show what I mean, here's another timestamped clip. Ends at 10:58

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3X5o9GpjY&t=646s

    Learn the range of the power. 8m is specific and sometimes you think you can hit things and you can't. You need to be very careful, especially when playing with range add-ons for so long, because it can and will screw with your perception.

    Adapt to the survivors you're facing. A lot of players will fake taking an animation, go to the side slightly to bait your POTD or your cancel, and then commit to the animation. If you turn to the side and release, you'll catch a lot of these survivors out and get a hit. It's really satisfying to do. Alternatively some survivors will commit to the animations regardless, in which case you'll know to aim in the centre. Other survivors will just hold W and pre-drop pallets, in which case you know to leave them because you'll really struggle catching up, or do not use your power.

    I cannot stress that enough. If a survivor is pre-dropping W key gaming, do not use your power. M1 killer them.

    Don't overcage and don't stress about torment. If a survivor loops you, they'll get tormented. That's just kinda how it works- you stick your knife in, follow them around a loop, and release your POTD after tracking their movements.

    To see what I mean we return to the first video, again timestamped. Clip ends at 1:36.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=83s

    See how I hug the car, turn the camera and use the power to hit him out of animation lock? Had he kept running, easy torment too.

    In my opinion, only cage someone in one of four scenarios:

    • You're afraid of a DS (just please don't tunnel I'm begging you)
    • You're afraid of an Unbreakable (much more likely)
    • You can immidiately get into another chase
    • It would place you into a Pressure Point Of No Return (name pending).

    What I mean by that last point is that there comes a time in a DBD game where the killer will hit a Pressure Point Of No Return, where the survivors physically cannot come back from the amount of pressure and momentum you're building. The best example of this as Pyramid Head is where you split the map through cages. You have two downed survivors. Cage one, hook the other. Nobody is on a generator, you have a BBQ proc to interrupt the person saving the cage or the hook, and now the last person must save both people. On especially large maps, like Mother's Dwelling, or multi-storied ones, like Midwich, this can force people into second stage and you've won the game at 5 gens. It's more common than you'd think.

    If you cage at other times you're probably wasting pressure you could've gotten from a hook.

    Learn where you can and can't lay trails. In front of totems and lockers? Amazing. In front of a gen? Not at all, it becomes a Restricted Trail Element and disappears after a few seconds. The DBD Wiki has a section on this which I'll just paste below.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2808XTGCLSHV/image.png

    I'd highly, highly suggest reading the wiki page on his power as it's really useful in understanding the fundamentals and giving actual values to words. Here it is:

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Pyramid_Head

    Finally, learn where you can and can't use POTD. It sounds like a simple thing but learning where you can and can't use it, however there's a lot to it. For example, learning how vertical changes affect it. Did you know if you release his power on a slope going up it'll fail, same with releasing it on a slope going down. However, if you're barely off of the slope it'll travel down it, but only if it isn't too steep.

    It's nuts but knowing where you can and can't actually have an ability is, funnily enough, pretty important.

    A few more quick-fire tips:

    • Don't just go for animation lock shots. People expect these and adapt. Be unpredictable to catch them off guard and get easy hits. Like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1k10I-zG4&feature=emb_logo

    Bet they didn't expect that one :p

    Needless to say that was where I hit a Pressure Point Of No Return and poor Jakey couldn't pick up the scraps.

    • Don't spam his power. You waste too much time. Be precise, predict, and adapt to your opponents.
    • Don't spam his trails. You move at 110% and you already lack a movement ability, you waste too much time.
    • Tunneling isn't the best strategy. I know it seems like it because cages but again, you do not have a movement ability. Survivors can and will facefuck generators and ruin your day substantially.
    • Dead Dawg Saloon and Hawkins are both maps you never press M2 on ever. Play like a default M1 killer because the map design prevents you from using your power. They're pretty much auto-loss maps, ngl, unless the survivors really badly mess up.
    • Play survivor. Learn where survivors move and how they path, shoot POTD to hit them. That's what I did in that last clip.

    And, yeah, that's about it. If people have any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer them as best I can, though I think this is comprehensive enough.


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2919288#Comment_2919288

    I'm working on a new one that I'm looking to have done mid-July at the latest (I have the longest exam season it's possible to have so my free time may be limited lmao). But most of these tips still apply and I haven't acruallt changed my build because no new perks except maybe Deadlock work on him.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/251317/a-quick-lesson-on-how-to-play-pyramid-head-properly

    Thanks, I hope I become a good tunneling head.

  • The top five killers are all exceptional tunnelers. Nurse, Blight, Spirit, Twins, Executioner.

  • With PH, you have to get the survivor tormented. But a good Nurse or Blight player can just laugh at your DS.

  • Nurse, Blight or Spirit, because they can eat a DS without issues.

    Other killers are good, but more situational.

  • Demogorgon with STBFL.

    If you're away from the hook, teleport back.

    Even if they tank a hit with BT or gain distance from DS - you can shut them down with your M2.

  • Nurse, Blight Spirit, Pyramid Head and Bubba

  • Apart from the ones others have listed, Pig is undoubtedly up there. As soon as you get a trap on a survivor before the last gen is done it's just a case of tunnelling as usual with no chance to escape (except getting hatch if everyone leaves).

  • Old Legion 👍 you could miss as many swings as you want and down the person I'm 3 frenzy hits I believe (with add-ons). Currently it's any of the top killers since they can catch up to a survivor extremely fast after a DS hit.

    Best camper is Bubba since he basically guarantees a kill if he just stays there.

  • So what exactly do you mean by “tunneling”? It’s such a vague buzzword. Are you talking about reentering chase against someone you just injured? Or do you mean the ability to hook someone multiple times in a row? Or are you talking about the ability to redown someone who just got unhooked? These are all different scenarios and some killers are really good at doing one of them while others are really good at other things.

    For instance, Blight and Nurse are excellent and reentering chase against someone they just hit because they have tremendous speed in the midrange to catch back up to a survivor fleeing from them after a hit. While Bubba is excellent and redowning someone who was just unhooked after a hook trade. And Pyramid Head can ignore Decisive Strike with his Cages. These are very different types of situations but they all get labelled “tunneling” by salty survivors.

  • Ptb Legion. You could keep stabbing and wait for survivor to get unhooked, tunnel through bt and use your fifth hit to down them again. Not only that but even when using fifth hit on someone with endurance, it doesn't end frenzy.

  • @Basement_Bubba420 said:

    It's Bubba.

    Play Bubba right and you won't have to tunnel.

    😉

  • @prettysusplayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2919569#Comment_2919569

    Obviously this would be referring to going after the survivor unhooked regardless of BT, DS or other survivors attempting to body block. Congrats on trying play semantics but considering tunneling is only going after one person till they are dead and not letting them play. We all know that if you just injured a player for the first time and you keep going for them it is not a tunnel its a chase. 😑

    I would say hag is good at tunneling if she proxy camps and waits for the web of traps to pop.

    Congrats on proving my point that nobody agrees on what tunneling even means. Nowhere in that post is it “obvious” that’s what they meant,

  • @dugman said:

    So what exactly do you mean by “tunneling”? It’s such a vague buzzword. Are you talking about reentering chase against someone you just injured? Or do you mean the ability to hook someone multiple times in a row? Or are you talking about the ability to redown someone who just got unhooked? These are all different scenarios and some killers are really good at doing one of them while others are really good at other things.

    For instance, Blight and Nurse are excellent and reentering chase against someone they just hit because they have tremendous speed in the midrange to catch back up to a survivor fleeing from them after a hit. While Bubba is excellent and redowning someone who was just unhooked after a hook trade. And Pyramid Head can ignore Decisive Strike with his Cages. These are very different types of situations but they all get labelled “tunneling” by salty survivors.

    Basically if you commit to a chase, they will say you tunneled them.

    Survivors try to body block all match and then get upset because you focused on Bill to down him instead of playing their little whack a mole body block game.

    Just get Bill on the ground and hook him again

  • @prettysusplayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2919595#Comment_2919595

    Sure because talking about how Pyramid head by passes DS doesn't say what is meant. I am going to guess your a troll and I will just stop engaging with that type of person. Hope your day is good.

    Likewise

  • @Bartlaus said:

    As far as I know, the Demogorgon is the only killer that can tunnel. So he's definitely the best.

    Best comment on the thread XDDDDD

  • Pyramid head due to his cages preventing borrow and ds. If you want to be a butt run him and get them in cages. Bubba can immediately down anyone who tryna to unhook or protect someone. After that I would say sadako due to her having no collision during manifestation.

  • Sadako, cuz you can just phase through a survivor that tries to bodyblock you from tunneling

  • Nurse without a doubt.

    I only ever tunnel people off hook who 6 second switch in the lobby or clicky clicky/tea bag etc and with Nurse you can down them again very quickly even if they have BT. If they have DS they usually only last another few seconds and they are down again most of the time and if they are 'toxic' they usually dc at that point lol.

  • Nurse. Doesn't matter how many safe pallets or windows you have to run to after she eats the DS.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    Pyramid Head? Anyone else who is good at it?

    Note: I am not asking because I want to tunnel Survivors 24/7, just curious who people think is the best.

    Pyramid Head, Nurse, or Blight. Pyramid Head can directly bypass almost all second chance perks, and blight/nurse can just take second chance perks with little punishment seeing as they can catch back up so insanely fast.

  • I've always believed Pig was the best. If she REALLY wants you dead, her RBT is deadly if she keeps stopping you from getting it off.

  • You aren't getting away from an even semi decent nurse who wants you out of the game.