Should Dead Hard Dodge Special Attack/Power damage?

Let's be honest here, if BHVR is balancing for the Majority of Players which is casual. They would be aware how punishing it is for a Killer to miss your Special Attack ie. Shred, Hatchets, Bear Traps. I'm just so sick of DH dodging my Bear Traps and Lethal Rushes and Blinks. For example, you as a Blight Bounced 5 times in a jungle gym but a Survivor presses E dodges your Last Lethal Rush and makes it to a Window. it's frustrating af.

Comments

  • I don't think dead hard should dodge bear traps. That's the only issue I have with it tbh.

    As for dodging Blight, isn't his attack still considered a m1?

  • @Marigoria said:

    I don't think dead hard should dodge bear traps. That's the only issue I have with it tbh.

    As for dodging Blight, isn't his attack still considered a m1?

    Hmmmm it's more like a hard to control M1 swing that can only hit in a 45 degree angle if you try hard enough. I consider it to be something more closer to Shred.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I don't think dead hard should dodge bear traps. That's the only issue I have with it tbh.

    As for dodging Blight, isn't his attack still considered a m1?

    It is not a basic attack, though nurse's blink attacks are. Just think would I get one shot if they had NOED, if yes then it is a basic M1.

  • @Clueless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918117#Comment_2918117

    It is not a basic attack, though nurse's blink attacks are. Just think would I get one shot if they had NOED, if yes then it is a basic M1.

    I thought it was a basic m1 since nurse also is. Oh well.

  • I think it's gonna be hard to change Dead Hard without making it useless.

    Having better anti exhaustion perks to counter them would be an idea.

    E.g remove the cooldown and the injured condition on Blood Echo and we would have a great anti exhaustion perk that rewards and encourages the killer to go for hooks

  • Dead hard is fine and easily baitable

  • It should counter attacks, but not how it currently does. For it to be balanced, it needs a re-design. It mostly screwes M1 Killers because of the ######### "Press E for free distance"

    Nurse and Blight can bait the I-Frames pretty well, but against every other Killer, Dead Hard is immensely overpowered. I just cringe every time someone uses DH for distance, it let's me know that they're relying on that Perk, otherwise they would go down in chases immediately.

  • Nerfing deadhard would change nothing. Skilled survivors would still beat you.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I think it's gonna be hard to change Dead Hard without making it useless.

    Having better anti exhaustion perks to counter them would be an idea.

    E.g remove the cooldown and the injured condition on Blood Echo and we would have a great anti exhaustion perk that rewards and encourages the killer to go for hooks

    i personally dont think dh is hard to change. its problem is that it does 2 insnae things at once: i frames and distance, keep one and remove the other and it will still be very strong, but less frustrating.

    and i like the buff you propose for blood echo, currently only legion and plague can really use it decently.

  • There needs to be more attack "types" than just Basic Attacks and Special Attacks.

    Huntress' Hatchets, Deathslinger's Redeemer, Artist's Dire Crows, Trickster's knives, etc.. Should count as Ranged Attacks.

    Trapper's Bear Traps should count as, well, Traps

    Billy's and Bubba's Chainsaws, Demogorgon's Shred, etc. Should count as Special Attacks

    I think Dead Hard dodging Basic Attack and Special Attacks is fine, Ranged Attacks and Traps, not so much

  • @legacycolt said:

    Dead hard is fine and easily baitable

    Wow, super valid point. I cant believe in all these discussions about the perk no one came up with that. Im enlightened, I can feel myself starting to git gud already.

  • it shouldn't make Victor vulnerable for a kick at least, other killers have an easier time baiting it, but imo it should only do one thing and that's iframes from a normal m1 attack.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I think it's gonna be hard to change Dead Hard without making it useless.

    Having better anti exhaustion perks to counter them would be an idea.

    E.g remove the cooldown and the injured condition on Blood Echo and we would have a great anti exhaustion perk that rewards and encourages the killer to go for hooks

    Injured condition yes, cool-down no. This perk has strong effect and needs cool-down. Maybe make it 40 seconds cool-down.

  • @legacycolt said:

    Dead hard is fine and easily baitable

    do bones

  • @legacycolt said:

    Dead hard is fine and easily baitable

    considering for a minute that everybody and their mother uses DH to extend loops rather then avoid hits, this made me chuckle

  • dead hard should maybe be buffed for distance, but not have iframes. I would imagine that would feel a lot less bad trying to outplay as, say, Huntress or Trapper.

  • @TMNoThumbs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918204#Comment_2918204

    Wow, super valid point. I cant believe in all these discussions about the perk no one came up with that. Im enlightened, I can feel myself starting to git gud already.

    Perfect, now you can go practice some killer, it’s not hard ;)

  • @lauraa said:

    dead hard should maybe be buffed for distance, but not have iframes. I would imagine that would feel a lot less bad trying to outplay as, say, Huntress or Trapper.

    Dead Hard is already the best Perk in the game and you want to buff it?

  • @D3spair said:

    Let's be honest here, if BHVR is balancing for the Majority of Players which is casual. They would be aware how punishing it is for a Killer to miss your Special Attack ie. Shred, Hatchets, Bear Traps. I'm just so sick of DH dodging my Bear Traps and Lethal Rushes and Blinks. For example, you as a Blight Bounced 5 times in a jungle gym but a Survivor presses E dodges your Last Lethal Rush and makes it to a Window. it's frustrating af.

    Yes. DH iframes are completely fine.

    The big issue is the distance it currently gives, this corrects mistakes and makes all basic attack killers even weaker compared to the others.

    Iframes stay. Distance goes.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918346#Comment_2918346

    Dead Hard is already the best Perk in the game and you want to buff it?

    sure, if it means not dealing with iframes. i dislike it that much. I dont really have an issue with exhaustion perks otherwise.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918363#Comment_2918363

    sure, if it means not dealing with iframes. i dislike it that much. I dont really have an issue with exhaustion perks otherwise.

    Wouldn't you hate it more if you buffed the Perk?

  • I would still hate it, for sure. Dead Harding for distance as it is is already really powerful and lets survivors greed loops, which can waste a lot of time.

    It's a hate I think I could live with, though. The ability to potentially hit survivors mid DH would be more healthy overall I think, even if for some killers theres only an illusion of counterplay lol. Using DH for invincibility to dodge things like Traps or Static Blast is incredibly lame.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918547#Comment_2918547

    I would still hate it, for sure. Dead Harding for distance as it is is already really powerful and lets survivors greed loops, which can waste a lot of time.

    It's a hate I think I could live with, though. The ability to potentially hit survivors mid DH would be more healthy overall I think, even if for some killers theres only an illusion of counterplay lol. Using DH for invincibility to dodge things like Traps or Static Blast is incredibly lame.

    Hitting through Dead Hard if it's used for distance still wouldn't be possible as M1 Killers, or most Killers in general

  • @D3spair said:

    Let's be honest here, if BHVR is balancing for the Majority of Players which is casual. They would be aware how punishing it is for a Killer to miss your Special Attack ie. Shred, Hatchets, Bear Traps. I'm just so sick of DH dodging my Bear Traps and Lethal Rushes and Blinks. For example, you as a Blight Bounced 5 times in a jungle gym but a Survivor presses E dodges your Last Lethal Rush and makes it to a Window. it's frustrating af.

    Actually I'd say the distance is the real issue. Powers you're describing are antiloop powers and are already strong so removing the iframes will just make those stronger while keeping every basic attack killer in the dust...

    Distance should go, iframes should stay. Make DH a dodge attack perk, instead of a mistake correcting perk against already weak killers.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918123#Comment_2918123

    I thought it was a basic m1 since nurse also is. Oh well.

    Nurse gets it as an M1 cause otherwise she practically has no M1.

  • @D3spair said:

    Let's be honest here, if BHVR is balancing for the Majority of Players which is casual. They would be aware how punishing it is for a Killer to miss your Special Attack ie. Shred, Hatchets, Bear Traps. I'm just so sick of DH dodging my Bear Traps and Lethal Rushes and Blinks. For example, you as a Blight Bounced 5 times in a jungle gym but a Survivor presses E dodges your Last Lethal Rush and makes it to a Window. it's frustrating af.

    You do understand the definiton of "dodge"?

  • @CrowVortex said:

    it shouldn't make Victor vulnerable for a kick at least, other killers have an easier time baiting it, but imo it should only do one thing and that's iframes from a normal m1 attack.

    Here's the real big problem with DH - it eats killers powers. It's been acknowledged as a problem and not as intended but to be honest, I suspect we won't see a fix on this for a very long time, which bites.


    Classic example is Nemmy using the tentacle at a survivor on the other side of a dropped pallet.

    1. Survivor DH's. Attack does not hit survivor - as designed, perfectly correct.
    2. Pallet does not break - not as designed, should not happen.


  • Pinhead chains should not be able to be avoided by Dead Hard. Nor should traps or any other utility power.

  • @lauraa said:

    dead hard should maybe be buffed for distance, but not have iframes. I would imagine that would feel a lot less bad trying to outplay as, say, Huntress or Trapper.

    If you take away the iframes and keep the distance gain, "the problem will still be there!"

    DH is being used for distance vs any killer other than Nurse, DH for distance is a big fat middle finger to killer's!

    I would elaborate more but (This isn't only at you @lauraa)

    THE SURVIVOR COMMUNITY IS NOT READY TO TALK ABOUT RISK / REWARD!